Lobster Bar Sea Grille
450 E. Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lobster Bar Sea Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/lobster-bar-sea-grille/
- Phone: (954) 772-2675
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeff Pfeiffer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Lobster Bar Sea Grille
Enjoy pristine seafood, live lobsters and prime steaks in a fresh, upscale casual atmosphere at Lobster Bar Sea Grille. Filled with modern-contemporary nautical touches, the experience will leave you feeling like you have just dined on a luxury yacht. Beautiful tiled archways and custom lighting give the dining room a more intimate feel, while the lounge’s vibrant U-shaped bar and channel-back seating welcomes guests to relax and dine with friends and colleagues. The fully covered patio with cushioned furniture is ideal for cocktails and light outdoor dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Lobster Bar Sea Grille - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Lobster Bar Sea Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)fit for foodies (97)hot spot (85)vibrant bar scene (64)romantic (58)good for groups (50)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (15)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014Service and kitchen was very slow. When the entreess arrived, three of our Fish dinners came out "luke warm". Very disappointing for an early dinner on a Tuesday night. What a shame...beautiful location. Amazing ambience, however, there are many restaurants in South Florida with amazing ambience.
- Superb!DebraVIPDined on 11/22/2014Found this place on Open Table and WOW! From the minute we were greeted to the time we left, we were treated like we were really wanted guests. Stacey, our server, knew the menu inside and out and provided impeccable service with a smile throughout the evening. The food was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FeakPowellDined on 11/21/2014We live off Las Olas and chose your restaurant for many reasons. The food, the energy and the atmosphere. Our reservation was on Friday, 11/21 at 7:45. This was a celebration of two birthdays of which one couple traveled from Jacksonville to celebrate with us. We had a reservation with the request for a booth, however after a wait we were placed in a room that was similar to a conference room. There was an odor that resembled a new carpet install and the we felt isolated. We were very disappointed, not in the company, the food or the server, but how the situation was handled.
- Nothing BetterFireflyVIPDined on 11/21/2014No restaurant rates higher on our list. This restaurant is fabulous!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent In Every Way!FoodDivaLiciousDined on 11/13/2014We reserved a table for four to celebrate a birthday and from the moment we entered the restaurant, until we left, we were happy with our dining experience. It's unfortunately rare today to find a restaurant that has great food AND great service. But not at the Lobster Bar Sea Grille. We chose the $49 four-course dinner. Great selections for appetizers, soup or salad, main course, and dessert. Our fish was cooked perfectly and was fresh and delicious. The wine list was priced right, too. Our waiter was attentive and our service was paced. We weren't rushed, nor were we left wondering where the waiter was. Even the water refills were timely. All in all, it was a well choreographed dinner and highly enjoyable. We left feeling happy and said, "we'll be back!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!AndreinaDined on 11/8/2014Went there for a special night and it was fantastic. Food was delicious, specially the sea bass, snapper and calamary. And dont hesitate to have the profiterol for dessert, it is out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Las Olas BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014The decor is beautiful and you'll find the best service! Try the $49 four course dinner if you dine early. The freshest fish and amazing appetizers. If you truly yearn for a great seafood experience this is the ONLY spot in town!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFLNetMan62Dined on 11/7/2014Wife loves Buckhead Group restaurants especially Buckhead Diner. The lobster appetizer was amazing and crab cake was all crab with no filler. She had the rib eye, which was cooked perfectly but was on a bed of sauce for some reason. i had the Halibut which was delicious. Avoid the first booth past kitchen on left...not a good spot and we asked to move. Service was a bit disappointing --we sat at last two top before kitchen and our waitress was also taking care of bar patrons. Good and ambiance were great. Very big bar scene.. Lot of lookers and wannabes and players. Staff did wish us happy anniversary (as noted on our reservation) but that was all -nothing extra to make it more memorable than it already was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was amazingDanellyDined on 11/5/2014The best service you can possibly imagine. We went to Lobster Bar to celebrate our wedding.The staff was so attentive, the food delicioius and the atmosphere romantic. We loved everything about Lobster Bar!!!!everything was perfect!!!Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsSnuznb411VIPDined on 11/1/2014Our first time here. It was very early (6 pm) on a Saturday night so it wasn't as loud as the reviews warned. We had the Chilean sea bass (very good) and the halibut. I would come back for the 4 course meal which I found out is now offered every night but Saturday. It would allow us to taste more items at a comparatively less price of $49 per person. The interior of the place is really special.Special Features:
- Service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/29/2014We have been tot his restaurant twice and while both times were great, we had an exceptional night on Wednesday. Our server Kara was amazing, she recommended a wine that we love and all the food she told us to try was spectacular.Special Features:
- Best on Las OlasBrianKDined on 10/27/2014Check out their Menu and Definitely check out their signature Lobster Tail! One Pound served with amazing mustard sauce. Every single thing we have tried is beyond delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great JobMattyD627Dined on 10/26/2014This place is always a gem. From the service to the food to the setting great place for a night out. Lobster is not the only only thing that is fantastic here the steaks are perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but noisy after 8pmLuv2dineromanticDined on 10/25/2014I would recommend this hotspot to a friend for its great food! If you are a seafood lover this is the right place to go. If you take out your girlfriend, order a quiet table at the window as it gets pretty noisy when the place gets packed in the evening. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmg50agDined on 10/25/2014The food was excellent except my fish was dripping in butter and I prefer less butter. I loved the calamari. and the desert was delicious. I would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereRBS1Dined on 10/24/2014This place is always buzzing and filled with good looking, energetic people of all ages! Expect a wait...even with reservations...and sit in the lounge area for a drink until your table is ready. The service is on point and the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy AdequateNotthebestDined on 10/24/2014The resturant is beautiful, our server was great an knowledgable. The noise level is high an hard to carry on a dinner conversation without rasing voices. The food good some came out warm at best an the food was slow to arrive.Special Features:
- Lobster is GreatFloydDined on 10/24/2014The fried lobster is delicious and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- Great seafoodCfoodVIPDined on 10/19/2014Impeccable service and great attention to detail. Super fresh seafood options- great choice of fresh catch and restaurant flew in Alaska king crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayroDined on 10/19/2014great meal-great service-great way to celebrate a special occassionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite Impressive!partyhostDined on 10/19/2014We continue to entertain clients as well as host numerous family / personal celebrations at this restaurant. They really no how to prepare seafood with their whole fish offerings, their 1,700 degree ovens make perfect prime steaks, and the fried lobster appetizer is to die for. We have never had a bad meal and have been there a dozen times at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceClaudioDined on 10/18/2014Excellent food and visual presentation. Nothing to complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousVisitorVIPDined on 10/13/2014Second visit in 3 days! Ate from the a la carte menu, the lobster dishes are simply fabulous. Worth every cent!Special Features:
- Manager reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Great service, came by to check on meal. Called me personally to let us know we forgot our credit card and it would be stored in the safe for me. Must have been the wine! Love this place, never had a bad meal over numerous visits.Special Features:
- One Time OnlyNot4MeDined on 10/11/2014When we first got there the host staff and manager(s) left us standing there while they had photographs taken of their group. Other than announcing our arrival to be seated there was very little response by the host staff until something had to be said. Our first impression of the restaurant because of the host staff left us unimpressed with the expected level of service one would expect for a Las Olas establishment. Our waiter was very attentive, but it seemed they were pressed for the sell like a used car salesman. Food was very good and prepared to our liking. Typical Fort Lauderdale restaurant where those who feel the need to be seen and heard will go to.Special Features:
- Excellent seafoodVisitorVIPDined on 10/10/2014We ate here prior to deciding whether or not to use the restaurant for our anniversary. We ere not disappointed, the food was excellent and with some additional training the service would be too. Our server was a little awkward and leaned across the table too much, but that was her only real fault. The fixed price menu represents excellent value for money, and let's you decide whether or not this is the restaurant for you. We ate here and are going back in a couple days to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StephanieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Came north from Miami to meet Palm Beach friends....wish this restaurant was in south beach. YumSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014Superb seafood prepared with creativity in a beautiful ambiance with excellent service- the perfect spot to entertain our New York friends accustomed to fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY LOUD! Great food!DaveseeVIPDined on 10/1/2014Lobby bar jammed - five of us couldn't chat in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fish SelectionSueRVIPDined on 10/1/2014If you want the freshest and great selection of fish! Go to The Lobster Bar Sea grille on Las Olas. The food is excellent and well-prepared. Great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Meal!BrieVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great food, creative presentations, nice ambiance, great service, classy all the way!Special Features:
- Terrific Food and ServicejoseDined on 9/29/2014I took my partner here for his birthday dinner as he was craving lobster. Long story short...the lobster was extraordinary but in all honest, the rest of the meal was even better! Our appetizers, mussels and escargot, were both among the t these two jaded New Yorkers have ever had. And my entree - a delectable Chilean Sea Bass on a rice cake bed puts other similar sea bass meals to shame. Everything was perfect, especially our server Elly who topped the night off with a flaming creme brulee in honor of my hubbys birthday! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiesIn2organicDined on 9/28/2014We all had the $49 Four-Course meal, Sautéed Dover Sole (10 supp) n Buttered Poached Norwegian Turbot were creamy n buttery. My friend had Twin Filet Medallions was pink inside perfect, but she is from Jamaica like her meat well done...lol. For Dessert we had Profiteroles was ok, next time I will get Apple Tart.Special Features:
- Return CustomerFoodie2Dined on 9/27/2014We have been to the Lobster Bar before and enjoyed the entire experience. Great wait staff, delicious food and good drinks. We took a friend there from California who is a major foodie and he loved it. It is a little privacy but worth the price of admission. Foodie2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderfulgrodyzoDined on 9/26/2014We just had our anniversary dinner there and it was very special. The service and wait staff were impeccable and very attentive. The food was so delicious I don't know where to begin. My wife had the lobster tail and I had the Dover sole. Our sides were the tater tots (yes, no joke) and asparagus. All of it, fantastic. One note though, it is not cheap. I believe in Open Table this restaurant has 2 out of 4 dollar signs. This is not true. 3 to 4 dollar signs for sure. But well worth every penny. Great for special occasions or landing the big client. ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 9/26/2014As good as it gets - Service was truly outstanding and the food is extremely well prepared and delicious. This is the third time there and it never fails to impress!Special Features:
- Great food but noisygreatbutnoisyDined on 9/20/2014The food and service was superb but if you are looking for somewhere for a romantic evening or, to dine and have a conversation where you don't have to shout, then keep looking. I have dined at many of the Buckhead Life Group restaurants and this most closely resembles their Chop Lobster Bar in Atlanta. Large open dining area with high ceilings and lots of noise. Menu was expansive, the wine list was extensive and the food was delectable. Service was top notch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My only complaint was I called ahead of time to celebrate my husbands birthday and a special dessert was not brought out. The hostess even wished him Happy Birthday upon arrival. Bus people were too anxious to take our food...we weren't doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Style and PanacheFoodieDined on 9/20/2014Dinner was classic top notch. We had the east/west oysters, crab cake, broiled lobster, porterhouse steak. The most intriguing part of dinner was the preparation of the brussel sprouts, which was a flavor filled dish of sprout leaves that some poor soul had to peel leaf-by-leaf. Everything had top presentation and flavor. Service was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUDRESUDREDined on 9/19/2014In my many years in the area it is far away the best restaurant I ever founded for sea food and grilled fish. To whom that love crab cake. For sure the Lobster Bar Sea Grille have the best one in Florida. I strong recomend the Lobster Bar Sea GrilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.