Lobster Bar Sea Grille
450 E. Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lobster Bar Sea Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/lobster-bar-sea-grille/
- Phone: 9547722675x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeff Pfeiffer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Lobster Bar Sea Grille
Enjoy pristine seafood, live lobsters and prime steaks in a fresh, upscale casual atmosphere at Lobster Bar Sea Grille. Filled with modern-contemporary nautical touches, the experience will leave you feeling like you have just dined on a luxury yacht. Beautiful tiled archways and custom lighting give the dining room a more intimate feel, while the lounge’s vibrant U-shaped bar and channel-back seating welcomes guests to relax and dine with friends and colleagues. The fully covered patio with cushioned furniture is ideal for cocktails and light outdoor dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Lobster Bar Sea Grille - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Lobster Bar Sea Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)fit for foodies (101)hot spot (83)vibrant bar scene (69)romantic (67)notable wine list (57)good for groups (57)neighborhood gem (54)great for lunch (27)late-night find (16)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Terrific Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014I took my partner here for his birthday dinner as he was craving lobster. Long story short...the lobster was extraordinary but in all honest, the rest of the meal was even better! Our appetizers, mussels and escargot, were both among the t these two jaded New Yorkers have ever had. And my entree - a delectable Chilean Sea Bass on a rice cake bed puts other similar sea bass meals to shame. Everything was perfect, especially our server Elly who topped the night off with a flaming creme brulee in honor of my hubbys birthday! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return CustomerFoodie2Dined on 9/27/2014We have been to the Lobster Bar before and enjoyed the entire experience. Great wait staff, delicious food and good drinks. We took a friend there from California who is a major foodie and he loved it. It is a little privacy but worth the price of admission. Foodie2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderfulgrodyzoDined on 9/26/2014We just had our anniversary dinner there and it was very special. The service and wait staff were impeccable and very attentive. The food was so delicious I don't know where to begin. My wife had the lobster tail and I had the Dover sole. Our sides were the tater tots (yes, no joke) and asparagus. All of it, fantastic. One note though, it is not cheap. I believe in Open Table this restaurant has 2 out of 4 dollar signs. This is not true. 3 to 4 dollar signs for sure. But well worth every penny. Great for special occasions or landing the big client. ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 9/26/2014As good as it gets - Service was truly outstanding and the food is extremely well prepared and delicious. This is the third time there and it never fails to impress!Special Features:
- Great food but noisygreatbutnoisyDined on 9/20/2014The food and service was superb but if you are looking for somewhere for a romantic evening or, to dine and have a conversation where you don't have to shout, then keep looking. I have dined at many of the Buckhead Life Group restaurants and this most closely resembles their Chop Lobster Bar in Atlanta. Large open dining area with high ceilings and lots of noise. Menu was expansive, the wine list was extensive and the food was delectable. Service was top notch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My only complaint was I called ahead of time to celebrate my husbands birthday and a special dessert was not brought out. The hostess even wished him Happy Birthday upon arrival. Bus people were too anxious to take our food...we weren't doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Style and PanacheFoodieDined on 9/20/2014Dinner was classic top notch. We had the east/west oysters, crab cake, broiled lobster, porterhouse steak. The most intriguing part of dinner was the preparation of the brussel sprouts, which was a flavor filled dish of sprout leaves that some poor soul had to peel leaf-by-leaf. Everything had top presentation and flavor. Service was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUDRESUDREDined on 9/19/2014In my many years in the area it is far away the best restaurant I ever founded for sea food and grilled fish. To whom that love crab cake. For sure the Lobster Bar Sea Grille have the best one in Florida. I strong recomend the Lobster Bar Sea GrilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOST ImpressedJRC1941Dined on 9/19/2014As someone who dines out a lot I have to say I was MOST impressed by my experience at this restaurant. Enjoyed every aspect of it and would whole heartedly recommend it - as I have to a number of friends. NEED to reserve as popular spot.Special Features:
- Excellent, fantastic, superbMitchVIPDined on 9/19/2014What a surprise to find such an upscale, excellent food and service restaurant that we haven't been to yet. This was a very enjoyable evening to say the least. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomersJennao57Dined on 9/13/2014Get the octopus appetizer. Just do it. Outstanding service - they really know the menu.
- reservations mean nothingaoxomoxoaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Don't worry about arriving on time for your reservation because you will always have to wait a minimum of 30 min before you are seated. We've eaten here several times & its always the same song & dance. I'd prefer that they just admit that they want you to spend money at their bar. Either that or they just don't know how to run a restaurant. Service is good....food above average. Just be prepared to wait.
- Always a winner!FantasticDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated our son's 18th birthday there and it could not have been better! Definitely get the seafood tower! The fish is absolutely the best in town-minimally prepared and tastes so clean and fresh!!Special Features:
- excellentframDined on 9/12/2014our first time--we were impressed--food was cooked perfectly - very few restaurants cook fish well--too many over cook it. service excellent.Special Features:
- Great seafood0to60in4VIPDined on 9/11/2014Food and service exceeded expectation. Excellent bar scene and evening late night place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDaveVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great experience! Wonderful service, and food was outstanding!Special Features:
- AmazingLobsterBuddyDined on 9/10/2014I must say, I had a great time with me family. The food was so delicious and the waiters were top notch. I went on a Wednesday and had such a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaddoversoleDined on 9/10/2014The Dover sole was not prepared well it was greasy and over cooked to the point of it being difficult to cut into a for the price you can not substitute sides is also surprising the provide side again was tasteless and did not go with the sole. The fact I was entertaing two guests made me refrain from returning the meal.Special Features:
- Always greatEJlovefoodVIPDined on 9/8/2014The lobster bar never disappoints Great food , service atmosphere All make for a grat evening ThanksSpecial Features:
- great restaurantnounouVIPDined on 9/7/2014AS USUAL, WONDERFUL STAFF, PROFESSIONAL VERY GOOD QUALITY OF FOOD NICE RESTAURANTSpecial Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014The food is excellent. Unfortunately, the restaurant is extremely noisy and it was difficult to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed every minute98563214VIPDined on 9/6/2014Dined Saturday, September 6th with another couple. We all enjoyed our meal selections, Fried lobster tail, whole snapper and lamb chops along with sides. We were all impressed with how delicious the entrees were and would definitely be back again.Special Features:
- @nd Time HereEdwardDined on 9/3/2014Excellent food, really good service. Kimberly was wonderful. This place is another slice of heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A superb fish restaurantDinerDined on 9/3/2014One of the best places to go in South Florida for fish and lobster. The restaurant is constantly good and although expensive it is worth the prices charged. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACEtallyhoVIPDined on 8/31/2014From the decor to the food, Lobster Bar is top notch in its food and service. The surf and turf was amazing and the 49 dollar tasting menu offers many selections. The octopus salad is great. Service was personable and prompt. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!DisappointingVIPDined on 8/31/2014This time we went for the $49 special dinner. All was delicious and portions were quite large. We truly enjoyed the food, ambience and friendly, professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was outstanding!FloridaFoodDivaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Thank you for a great evening out! We truly enjoyed our dinner as well as the outstanding service. We will return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014If you desire remarkable seafood this is the place?service, hospitality, and decor are top notch . Try the branzino.prepared so simply but totally delicious. Same for calamari, dorado, in fact everything is a winner right down to the passion fruit sorbet.Special Features:
- fantastic dinnernicolasDined on 8/28/2014Amazing octopus, and grated oysters, incredible salted cooked snapper I will go back many timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RefinedFoodDesignerDined on 8/24/2014Dynamic space, perfect professional yet approachable service, such refined flavours. Wonderful surprise in Fort Lauderdale.Special Features:
- I was expecting betterMonicaBVIPDined on 8/23/2014I was expecting to be wowed and was not. I did like the atmosphere, very downtown chic. It was my husband, myself and our 12 year old son, we were placed next to the kitchen. They made an assumption. I'm also guessing they place the less experienced servers in the back, too. The food was OK. My white fish was served on white rice with a pale sauce. I can do that at home. My son and I ordered from the tasting menu and dessert was included, a nice way to taste several things. Our server served the dessert and never even asked or presented a dessert menu for my husband. It will be a long time before I will be able to get my husband to go back there. Not worth the hype, at least not our night.Special Features:
- like a grotto in romepdeveloperDined on 8/22/2014i must have taken ten pictures of the tiled ceiling and arches ...... great atmostphere, really hopping at the bar. And the food was out of this world. Just a little loud, the tile bounces everybody's sound around a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/22/2014Amazing service and the good was fantastic. I would recommend a trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuParty4blueDined on 8/21/2014This was the first visit for a special occasion. I recommend that management make enhancements or changes to the menu. The quality of the food was not the best. The lobster was overcooked and tough, it lacked flavor even with the choice of a sauce. The steak was dry. The only thing that was delicious was the glass of wine I ordered and the dessertSpecial Features:
- OverratedC4urselfDined on 8/20/2014Recommended by a friend I went to this restaurant with an out-of-town guest and was disappointed. Had the Ahi Tuna Carpaccio as an appetizer. That was great! Had the lobster tail for dinner, when you consider the price it did not meet expectations.
- Exccellent RestaurantJudiVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had a wonderful meal here. Quality of the food was outstanding and presentation was excellent too. Our Server Swannee was attentive, knowledgeable of the menu items, and always around when we needed her or had a question for her. Restaurant itself, which is in the location of the old Jackson's Steakhouse was redone inside to be more modern and more attractive. However, only negative was the noise level -- they need better acoustics. But it won't stop us from going there again.Special Features:
- Great for business diningRobertKDined on 8/18/2014Lobster Bar is one of the best places to take clients for a lunch and or dinner. Special family occasions are good here too. It's a little too noisy for a romantic dinner. The service is impeccable and prompt. The food is consistently very good. Good selection on the menu with a nice wine list. It impresses your guests for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodJennao57Dined on 8/16/2014The food here is absolutely amazing!!! I am not a big fan of lobster but I loved it here! I will definitely be returning. Also, the halibut with risotto is definitely a must try! Could not find one thing on the menu that I wouldn't want to try. Appetizer - Try the char-grilled octopus.. Sounds interesting but it is absolutely outstanding!Special Features:
- AventuradinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014I'm a local and it was our first time there. I remember when it was Jackson's and it sat empty during the recession. They really did a great job with the renovations and decor. Our server was friendly, very hospitable and when my steak was a bit undercooked for my taste, they quickly added more fire till it was perfect. I appreciated that. We are not desert eaters in general but the profiteroles were worth the added calories! I highly recommend it and look forward to coming back again soon.Special Features:
- Awesome!Mininna33Dined on 8/8/2014Loved it sooo much! The food was delicious and service impeccable and the ambiance was perfect. The place is so beautifully decorated, it's a must go. Will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.