5337 Gulf Drive
Holmes Beach, FL 34217Neighborhood:
Anna Maria Island
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lobstahs.com/
- Phone: 9417791000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Patrick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from Lobstahs
Located in the heart of Holmes Beach, Lobstahs brings New England Style seafood to beautiful Anna Maria Island. We take great pride in providing the freshest seafood. Our lobsters are flown in daily and we work with farmers and fishmongers to bring the best quality ingredients to our guests. Land lovers will find USDA steaks, chicken and pasta selections on our extensive menu. The largest cold water lobster tank on Anna Maria Island and the recipes created by Chef"s, have defined Lobstahs as a "destination restaurant" for diners from all over the world. Lobstahs is a "destination restaurant". Our extensive menus feature over 60 fresh and tantalizing items for all taste buds plus our kid's Lil Lobstahs Menu. Don't forget our daily specials too! Our dining room provides fun family atmosphere while our air conditioned indoor Tiki Hut and outdoor deck makes for a more open island dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lobstahs - Best Restaurants in Anna Maria Island ›
Lobstahs reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (10)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (2)Show More
- Greatest Lobster Bisque!!KrisDined on 9/23/2014I was pleasantly surprised. The lobster bisque was outstanding! The lobster roll is tops, as well. My friends were disappointed with their stuffed mushrooms, but very willing to share my lobster roll! I will be back!!Special Features:
- Good choicelunchtimeDined on 8/26/2014Four of us went there upon my selection, based on reviews. I was very happy with my decision. Excellent service. The manger came over and we let him know the girl who served us was great. We sat on stools, we will request a table next time which we will ,ore comfortable. Really delicious lobster macand cheese. The best on the island and we did try others. You will not be disappoin. Wish we had room for desert but we will go back ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, slow service.KMF3Dined on 7/28/2014The food at Lobstahs was excellent, they obviously have a great chef. We went on a Monday night and it seems they were understaffed because our service was very slow (although our waitress was very nice). We'll definitely go back regardless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingVisitorsDined on 7/26/2014Our service was great! We enjoyed the appetizers, dinner menu, and dessert! All were fabulous! I would highly recommend Lobstahs to others!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Loved it, great food and service. Favorite place in AMI for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service was horriblejolloz33Dined on 7/3/2014We made reservations on line; I also called & confirmed with Ryan. We get there; no reservation per the hostess. No apology was made and tells us we will be seated as soon as she makes sure her staff is not over whelmed; what!!! Never in my life did I ever hear such a thing. Finally, twenty minutes later she says well I have a table for four, I will sit you there; like she is doing us a favor. We felt unwelcomed by the hostess & the chef who completely ignored us as he visited his regulars and his bigger parties. The only one who really turned things around for us was the waitress Karen. She provided excellent & professional service. The food was good; not great, the initial service was below average in my book. No thank you in the future!Special Features:
- Lunch StopStihlboltsDined on 7/1/2014A quick decision to give this restaurant a try turned into a very pleasant surprise for us. We were one of the 1st folks arriving for lunch, got a nice window seat facing the street. The young lady serving us was seasoned and knew her job and product line very well, made some marvelous recommendations and everyone left with a smile on their faces. Everyone had something different from fish to scallops to fried cheese sticks and all were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but delicious!LizlovesfoodDined on 6/29/2014The stuffed mushroom appetizer was delicious but tiny. The cost was $15.00. The lobster roll was yummy but small. The food /cost ratio was a deal breaker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood & prices, kid friendlyChicagoRegularGuyDined on 6/23/2014We had the Lobster tail, Seafood Anna Maria and Fried Popcorn Shrimp (kids menu). Everything was tasty and served with a big smile. Server attention was good and prompt. Although the seafood quality might fall short of East coast standards in some people's minds, this is a really good place to take a family for a dinner. A neighborhood gem which we will return to on our next vacation here. We recommend you try it - you'll probably like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gsiterDined on 6/18/2014Lobster bisque was fantastic!, loaded with lobster and I also had the lobster roll which was also very good, my wife ordered the sea bass which was also great. only negative that I could note was that when we arrived the hostess was now where to be found and we were ignored for about 10 minutes until a waiter came and took our name for dinner. Overall I felt it was a good experience and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- laurarnDined on 6/18/2014While the service was not the best, the food made up for their lack of attention. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodFHFoodie1Dined on 6/14/2014This was not our first visit here. Whenever we go to the shore we eat at this place. Very casual and friendly atmosphere with terrific service. They even put up with our two grandsons! The lobster is very fresh and beautifully prepared, with tasty side dishes. This place is a must stop when you are in Anna Maria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DinnerAnnaMariaVacationerDined on 6/13/2014Lobstahs was an unexpected delicious dinner on our vacation! We especially enjoyed the lobster nachos. Our waitress was wonderful and not only helped with our selections, but also engaged us in friendly conversation about the island. We will return and recommend this restaurant many times over!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 50 reviews are from the Lobstahs reviews archive.
- Not New EnglandOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/3/2014Not surprising, but this was not quite New England-worthy. The lobster bisque was the highlight! The lobster roll was fine but not like any I had living in Boston. Convenient spot, if not especially scenic.Special Features:
- Fabulous Place!LarryG1Dined on 4/26/2014What a find for our last evening of our vacation! Lobstahs was a delightful place and we and our friends loved it. If we had discovered it earlier in our stay, we would have definitely returned! Don't miss this restaurant. Prices are reasonable, portions are great and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClosedAMIDDined on 4/20/2014We drove an hour to visit Lobstahs knowing we had Easter reservations so it would be a great day. We were on time and ready to enjoy our day out, but no lunch or brunch to be had. The restaurant was closed. Open Table & Lobstahs should confirm holiday hours. But not to worry, we fell in love with Waterfront. Great food and good times.
- Great last night on the islandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2014We enjoyed a family dinner our last night on Anna Maria Island. My teenagers had the best meal of the week there. I enjoyed my grouper but it was a little over cooked for my taste. Quite expensive dining for a family but a lovely special occasion restaurant with a lot of choices for delish lobsterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and tasty food!Kimfarrell168Dined on 4/14/2014Rachel served my family of 4 at Lobstahs. She was fantastic. She had great recommendations for local fish. The cucumber and basil martini was delicious. We all had a delicious experience. Oh, the key lime pie was the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, relaxing meal.VacaydinerDined on 4/13/2014We had a great meal and all four diners enjoyed their dinner and shared appetizer. We made a reservation and our table was ready when we arrived. The staff was very accommodating. Our waitress was friendly and engaging even to my children. The table beside us asked for their entire meal (of perhaps 8) to be gluten free. Their request was met with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As a girl from New England,Todi4Dined on 4/11/2014I was very pleased with the menu selections, I had a hard time selecting between all the yummy dishes. I had a dozen oysters on the half-shell, they were sweet and plump. I had the filet and lobster tail and was extremely happy with my meal. The service was excellent even though they were very busy. I will definitely return to this restaurant the next time I am in Holmes Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Mussels were excellent, lobster was delicious, service was really good, had reservations and was seated immediately. Lobster bisque was also really good, would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Lobstahs on 4/8/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2014Great waitress and was very quiet outside and good food....will go back next year.Special Features:
- A Good Lunch for FourMDFoodiesVIPDined on 4/4/2014We stopped in for lunch while wandering around the coast while on vacation. My Mom's a lobstah lover so we thought it as perfect. Her lobstah roll was OK for being so far from New England, not the best but also not the worst! Mom's only complain was that it was a bit small. I had a nice salad with a well-prepared piece of salmon, my husband had the seafood salad which he said was good. My Dad had the best meal of the four, a very generous portion of fish and chips with a large platter of fried fish and fries. It was a good meal, but I would not go out of way to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice menu with many choicespowercarsearchVIPDined on 4/3/2014We tried several appetizers and entrees. Lobstah Nachos were great and others were very good too. I love the Open Table reservation option at a nice, casual spot on the island. Service was prompt. I heard the bar tender say that they have the best happy hour on AMI. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceRandHDined on 4/2/2014A 3 hour dinner is not what we had in mind. Initially we had to get up and go ask the hostess to actually get a waiter to wait on us. We had to once again go find the waiter to wait on us. We had to wait 20 minutes between courses. The restaurant was not that busy. Very disappointing.
- Love Lobstahs!!!EdinaFoodieDined on 4/2/2014Awesome all around. Food, staff and ambiance great!!!Special Features:
- So noisy & pricey....luvdAMIDined on 3/28/2014They didn't have our on line reservations but were nice & seared us after I showed my email confirmation. Our waitress was pushy & wanted us to order apps & dinner as soon as we sat....we ordered drinks & apps which were good, waited 30 minutes then had to remind waitress to take our order. Food was fair at best for the price. I have had better, my sisters fish was bland & pricey..more than the lobster my husband had. Will think twice before returning...to many other good places to try.Special Features:
- Nice dinner!JulieDined on 3/28/2014Had a nice dinner here on our last nite on Anna Maria Island. My two daughters and I had great meals...They had Garlic Lobstah and I had a dish with various seafood over linguini. Nice atmosphere and our server was great!!! All the way around, a nice dinner! Would definitely recommend it and come back if we return to the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNancDined on 3/28/2014Service was extremely slow. Our waitress was both bar tending and waiting tables. It was difficult for her. Our food was not really hot when it did finally arrive after waiting 45 minutes ! Food was ordinary. I have had better food there in the past. Maybe popularity has eaten into the quality!!
- First timerNanaJeanDined on 3/27/2014We chose to introduce our grandson to lobster after reading SOME reviews on line..First mistake..some of the food was good..IE the soup & lobster Mac & cheese the lobster was OVER cooked and cold when served. Now for SERVICE or the lack of it..I could not believe my eyes when I watched our server busing tables while we waited for some sign ANY sign that our food and my empty wine glass would become a priority..didn't HAPPEN! Lobstah's is charging top dollar for WHAT? Food NO..service NO. I left Never to return. I'm a retired restaurant owner...born and raised in the business.. management should be sent packing because if I had just one month in this beautiful facility I know I could make SO MUCH more happen. Ugh professionally made me SAD?
- Over pricedPappy73Dined on 3/24/2014Ordered the twin Maine? tails. Very flat no flavor. Only 5 oz. ea. would of not mind the price if they were good. The Lobster bisque soup was very good but here again very pricy. We added extra lobster as suggested by our waiter Gary ( he's was great) just not worth what we paid for. Also our empty dishes sat on our table until the next meal arrived. We had to mover our own plates out of the way then hand them to the waitress. At least 4 servers walked by our table saw the plates and walked on by.
- PerfectyolichasDined on 3/22/2014Lobstahs is the perfect venue for a great lunch or dinner. The ambiance is exactly what you are hoping to find in a resort area - casual, fun, with great food. The menu is full of tempting descriptions. While you are waiting for your order, you will see the wait staff carrying orders to other lucky diners and you will be thinking, "Maybe I should have ordered that!" Everything looks so wonderful. When your order arrives, you will be happy you picked it - everything is soooo delicious. But, you'll be anxious to return so you can try something else. Nirvana for seafood/fish lovers. Too bad the traffic is usually so hellish getting to Anna Maria from Longboat Key.Special Features:
- Great location! Food, otherBuzzy50Dined on 3/19/2014Great location! Food, other than lobster was mediocre. Lobster was excellent! I would not choose this Restaurant again unless interested in lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceREHjrDined on 3/19/2014Food was very good, service excellent. We had made reservations, and even though it was a Wed night we saw several turned away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not honor reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/17/2014I'm not sure why Lobstahs chooses to invest in OpenTable. We made a reservation (granted, it was last-minute - but per OpenTable, Lobstahs had plenty of availability for the rest of the evening) only to show up and be told they were fully booked for the night. The hostess was unapologetic - maybe this happens frequently? Do not intend on returning.
- LobsterGagaDined on 3/15/2014Enjoyed the lobster roll--especially for the reasonable price. Not gourmet food but decent for the price.Special Features:
- Service lackingSnowbirdDined on 3/14/2014Ordered a Caesar salad and 2 entrees. Waited for salad to arrive and finally had to inquire about it stating we would like it before our entrees arrived. Waitress said she would see what order we were in back in the kitchen. Then our entrees arrived by another waitress and the manager. Still no salad so we inquired about it again. The other waitress went and got our salad. So we had it with our entrees. We also asked about our bread basket as all other tables had a large basket of garlic bread. She said we were supposed to get bread so she brought us 3 small pieces of bread on a plate. We had to request refills on our beverages which she finally brought us. Food however was very good and I would recommend the restaurant for its food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lotta lobstahOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2014Relaxed environment, food good. It was happy hour when we arrived so it was pretty active and loud. Blackenedf Fish special was good. Lobster nachos definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningHappyeaters4Dined on 3/11/2014We, a party of four, had a wonderful evening. The service, by Kim, was excellent. We never felt rushed during our dinner, and by the time we left people were waiting outside to get in. The food was among the best that I have ever eaten. All four of us had different appetizers and entrees, and each of us commented on how good it tasted. We went early in the evening and were able to take advantage of the excellent happy hour prices for our early drinks. We were extremely pleased with our first dining experience at Lobstahs, and we will, definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruined Birthday DinnerbirthdaydinerDined on 3/9/2014We went as a party of four for my daughter's birthday dinner. We ordered three simple drinks from the bar and it took 35 minutes to even get a drink. They did not have the entree that my daughter ordered and brought her second choice out before the appetizers arrived. When we told them we did not want it then, they obviously took it and sat it under a heat lamp for another half hour untl our entrees were served. Absolutely awful experience and will never return.