Lobby Lounge - Park Hyatt Aviara
7100 Aviara Resort Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92011Neighborhood:
Afternoon TeaPrice: $30 and under
Lobby Lounge - Park Hyatt Aviara
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://parkhyattaviara.com/
- Phone: 7604481234x5030
- Hours of Operation:
Bar hours of Operation Sunday 12:00pm - 11:30pm Monday - Thursday 2pm - 11:30pm Friday - Saturday: 2:00pm - 12:30am Afternoon Tea Service: Friday - Sunday: 2pm to 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Afternoon Tea, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Pierre Albaladejo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Afternoon tea at the Library is a perfect setting to host Bridal and Baby Baby Showers and Birthdays.
- Private Party Facilities: Library Room : Adjacent to the main Lounge, it seats up to 20 guests for cocktail receptions, dinner or Hi Tea La Salantino Room : Attached to the main Lounge, it seats up to 15 guests for cocktail receptions, dinner or Hi Tea.
- Private Party Contact: Giorgio Arcamone 7606036800x5030
- Entertainment: Come enjoy cocktails and tapas at the Park Hyatt Lobby Lounge with live music, Tuesday's thru Saturday's from 7pm until 11pm.
- Special Events: Join us for Teddy Bear Tea in December, from the 30th of November to the 23th of December, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, all at 1pm. Teddy Bear Tea is a special holiday tea service geared towards children. Children are encouraged to bring new stuffed animals that will be donated to the San Diego Children’s Hospital. After tea service the “Peppermint Princess” will gather the children around for story time.
A word from Lobby Lounge - Park Hyatt Aviara
Afternoon Tea: Enjoy a formal, traditional English Afternoon Tea including an assortment of finger sandwiches, sultana scones with rose petal jelly, lemon curd and Devon-shire cream, delicate pastries and petite fours. A wide array of teas and herbal and fruit infusions are featured, including Darjeeling, English Breakfast and Earl Grey. Evening Cocktails: Live music drifts through open French doors while the fireplace warms the night air. Champagne cocktails and eclectic martinis complement a wonderful selection of wines and international spirits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lobby Lounge - Park Hyatt Aviara reviews from OpenTable diners
- Tea for large appetitesFEASTChefTasterDined on 5/3/2013The roast beef sandwich was amazing - more unique items like that would be better versus the large quantities provided. The dessert items were ALL pre-packaged and not special in ANY way. Scones were large and obviously off the hotel buffet menu versus the specialty tea menu where one would hope for that extra delicate touch! The setting was wonderful, although the couches for little ones were too large to allow for a nice intimate tea conversation circle. Use of one table versus the split table between the two love seats would have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're looking for a classy,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/2/2013If you're looking for a classy, high end type of feel for afternoon tea then the Hyatt Aviara could definitely be an option! They're tucked away up high above the residential area of Carlsbad (next to the Four Seasons) and have quite a nice view. Traditional tea is $30 + tax which includes some real great tea sandwiches, amazing dessert options, and a fresh scone which are all delicious! I love their options of finger sandwiches. The smoked chicken and smoked salmon were my favorite, but the egg, cucumber, and beef were good as well! Not one had too much cream cheese and everything was presented picture perfect. All their desserts were great, but the pistachio macaron was my fave!Special Features:
- Afternoon tea was nice. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/30/2012Afternoon tea was nice. The pianist was nice. The food was nice. There is a decent selection of teas unless you don't like sweet, flavored or floral teas. Then there is black or jasmine. Still good tea though. The little sandwiches are cute and nice. The scones are nice. The service was non existant. The tea was brought promptly and so was the food and then we had to practically grab onto a napkin and wave it to get attention for more hot water after about 45 minutes. Check finally came. For over $30 per person, I'd expect better service. However, you cannot get better views or a nicer place than the Aviara.Special Features:
- Took my 10 year old nieceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012Took my 10 year old niece for afternoon tea and this place was fantastic! They even offered "kid-friendly" sandwiches (like pb&j) in case she didn't want the ones that came with it. She was brave and ended up liking the salmon the best. Great tea, very friendly service, and they even offered to take our picture for us. I have a great memento of a wonderful afternoon.Special Features:
- I requested gluten free forSandiegoVIPDined on 12/15/2012I requested gluten free for my guest in advance. The gluten free part of the meal came out quite a bit later than the other food. I called twice to confirm the gluten part as they said they do prepare it one day in advance all though they do claim to be able to make it to order if necessary...so I was surprised it didn't arrive with the other 3 orders. The children's dessert was okay but I thought they should have had a selection rather than just one item to choose out of 2. I think they should have received both items at the very least. It was a red velvet cr schooner or rice crispy. Kids do not get a tiered/stacked rack for the food - just a plate which I think takes away from the whole experience. Gave kids my chocolate.Special Features:
- Beautiful Hotel/lacked serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2012I heard great things about "afternoon tea" at the Four Seasons. When Hyatt took over I assumed it would be a similar experience. It was not. The service was terrible. I don't think the gals working the lounge had any server experience. They were polite, but that's where it ended. Our questions were not answered, serving utensils were missing from the table, used dishes were not cleared until we asked, unused champagne glasses were left on the table until I asked that they be removed due to lack of space as well as several other mishaps. This was an outing I treated my mother to and it was VERY expensive. Though the ambiance was nice and the food was decent it was not worth the $30+ per person I paid. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- We had been to Afternoon TeaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2012We had been to Afternoon Tea at the Four Seasons Aviara many times. Much of the format was the same now that the hotel is a Park Hyatt, but the poor server was so overwhelmed and appeared to be the only server working that Sunday afternoon. There was only so much she could do so we waited to be noticed at our arrival, then waited for her to finish setting our table, then waited for our food to be brought out-she wasn't able to come around to describe our tea sandwiches, etc. The hotel had a nice thing, but the Park Hyatt has cut too many corners. Afternoon Tea is not worth the expense if there isn't attentive service included.
- My mother, sister, and I alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012My mother, sister, and I always love going to high tea on special occasions! The food is always delicious, service outstanding, and the ambiance is always relaxing and fun!Special Features:
- Nice environment, comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2012Nice environment, comfortable couch, great service, wonderful food. It's a great place to enjoy your afternoon with family or friends.Special Features:
- Lovely High Tea!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/20122-4p.m. Very lovely "High Tea" for our anniversary! My boyfriend was educated in England so he has an appreciation for High Tea! The food was delicious! The only reason I gave only 4 stars for food is that we felt chocolate was missing. We are chocolate lovers! There was a white chocolate dessert, but no milk or dark choclate. The teas were wonderful! Ambiance: quiet, calm & perfect as expected! Other guests include mother-daugter couple, grandma & granddaughters, birthday celebration, 2 women having business tea. It was a "Memory Maker" event for us & Park Hyatt Aviara hotel was phenomenal!Special Features:
- The food was not delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012The food was not delightful as much as I got expectation from ad.Special Features:
- Afternoon Tea ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/21/2012My cousin and I recently went here for their Afternoon Tea service. It was such a wonderful experience. The tea service was lovely and food was delicious. The service was top notch and we really had a fabulous time!Special Features:
- 16th Birthday & High Tea!SusanDined on 2/4/2012I took my granddaughter to the Hyatt Aviara Resort for high tea to celebrate her 16th birthday...a wonderful experience! We both thoroughly enjoyed our special afternoon in such a beautiful lobby lounge. The staff was exceptional and did everything to make this a very memorable day...including a surprise gourmet 'happy birthday' cupcake. The staff packaged up the few remaining tea sandwiches and added even a few more. The sandwiches were rather dry but scones, petit fours and loose leaf tea were quite good.Special Features:
- We went for their afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2012We went for their afternoon tea to celebrate a special birthday. Another party was celebrating a baby shower, and there were some couples and families. Tea was delightfully what was expected. Best scones ever! Not heavy. Good variety of tea sandwiches with a twist - cucumber with bell peppers, chicken salad with curry, roast beef and swiss on pumpernickel rye, perfect lox and cheese. Alot of fruit desserts, tarts, cakes. All yummy. Macaroons colorful and beautiful to look at, but pasty consistency inside. We sat comfortably on the couch where they served us on a coffee table. Nice and casual setting with upscale surroundings. Live piano music playing. Server Jessica was very nice, professional and personable. Great experience for all.Special Features:
- Great Place for Special OccassionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011The chef accommodated one of our groups vegetarian diets and the service was, initially, very attentive. The tea and cakes were divine and very well presented. Service tended to wane as we took our time to chat and a small spoon had to be asked for 3 times before showing up at the end in order to scoop out the vanilla cream. Champagne refills only twice, same with tea. The ambiance was magical with a pianist and guitarist in the next room so it wasn't overwhelming. The parade of Cmas trees is always a treat and you can't beat the view if you get there around 3 or 3:30pm.Special Features:
- This was a special day thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/27/2011This was a special day that will not soon be forgotten. My little girl turned 5 and from beginning to end it was filled with special treats. They greeted us by name which was a surprise to her and continually filled our glasses and brought out a special birthday treat! 2 gorgeous mini cupcakes with a birthday message written on edible choclate. She was in heaven and I couldn't stop taking pictures of her expressions changing with each treat. A very elaborate tea service where everything tasted as good as it looked. We are looking forward to going back again!Special Features:
- This is the second time IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2011This is the second time I have been to this lovely establishment. The first time when it was still the Four Seasons, years ago. It was nice to see that nothing had changed for the worse, in fact it was better. I was very pleased with every little detail. The lounge thought of everything. The food was so artfully prepared, the servers were professional, the ambiance was delightful.Special Features:
- Best Tea Service in North County SsushisnobVIPDined on 11/5/2011I came here for afternoon tea, and this place has a gorgeous view with sunlight streaming through tall floor to ceiling windows. There's a soft piano in the background, and the whole setting is quiet and very elegant. The teas were tasty, the selection of tidbits scrumptious, and the scone was particularly memorable! (Be sure to get more of it from the bakery downstairs!) Love how they gave us the Devonshire cream, seasonal fruit compote and LEMON CURD! The service was also extremely outstanding, our server Vanesa was most charming and patient. We loved the scones so much she brought us 2 more, with no extra charge at all. The experience warranted a fat tip... Definitely going back again to get my afternoon tea fix! :)Special Features:
- Nice tea. Would like to comelove2eatDined on 7/31/2011Nice tea. Would like to come again during the holidays if they have different food.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful afternoon teaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2011My sister and I took our mother to afternoon tea. I mentioned that it was a birthday celebration in my reservation but completely forgot to let them know my sister is a vegetarian. When we alerted our server to this just as all of the food was about to be served, she was incredibly gracious and the chef accommodating, quickly whipping up a vegetarian version. The tea selection was of high quality loose-leaf, and of varied options, and the pastries were fantastic. We all had a fabulous time and agreed it was one of the best afternoon teas we have been to.Special Features:
- Met with the three grown daughtersTrimaran3Dined on 6/19/2011Met with the three grown daughters of a deceased friend. We had a lovely visit...we laughed and cried and enjoyed being together. The food was ok, not memorable; the tea was good. I seem to have memories of the high tea being a bit better than it was this time, but it has been several years since I was there. The quantity was just right, not too much, nor too little. The ambiance,enhanced with live piano, and the comfortable furniture made it a hit for our purposes.Special Features:
- Had a lovely afternoon - wentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2011Had a lovely afternoon - went for High Tea - service was lovely and they made my sandwiches vegetarian as per my request.Special Features:
- The environment is beautiful,travelzoofanDined on 5/15/2011The environment is beautiful, and service is exceptional.Special Features:
- Nice tea, music too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Piano and guitar music intruded upon our experience. For afternoon tea, it should be background only, not performance level sound.
- We had afternoon Tea on MothersOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/8/2011We had afternoon Tea on Mothers Day! It was a perfect way to enjoy the day!Special Features:
- It was a perfect place toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2011It was a perfect place to take mom's for Mothers Day. The food and service was great. There is no rush to get you in and out.Special Features:
- Excellent! Can't wait to goOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2011Excellent! Can't wait to go back. Lovely atmosphere and outstanding service. We went for English High Tea and it was just wonderful. I hope to take my daughter every year. Piano playing and lovely fire place. Ver elegant.Special Features:
- Fantastic afternoon tea experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/22/2011Fantastic afternoon tea experience. They took great care of us, meeting all our special requests. A wonderful relaxing experience.Special Features:
- Exquisite but very priceyAnGDDined on 2/18/2011Exquisite service, ambiance, & food, but very priceySpecial Features:
- A friend and I attended afternooncasualdinerDined on 2/6/2011A friend and I attended afternoon tea in The Lounge on my birthday. Wait staff (Antonio) was very attentive and engaging; made recommendations regarding choices for tea relative to caffeine levels. I thought the scones were excellent; however, very large and would have preferred a more petite size, in keeping with the scale of the other items served. Will definitely return.
- The High Tea is wonderful.EllenVIPDined on 1/28/2011The High Tea is wonderful. Going again in a couple of weeks!Special Features:
- We went here for my mom'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/15/2011We went here for my mom's birthday it was very nice. The ambiance was great as well as the tea and food. My one complaint would be to have a more even amount of sandwiches to pastries, leaving there we were all feeling overloaded with sugar.
- Having High Tea at the HyattlovetodineDined on 1/5/2011Having High Tea at the Hyatt was amazing! I most definitely will return with friends...to share this wonderful and decadent experience!Special Features:
- High Tea was so enjoyableCindyVIPDined on 11/19/2010High Tea was so enjoyable and the selection of teas amazing!Special Features:
- High Tea was fabulous! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2010High Tea was fabulous! We are planning to make this an annual tradition! We are a group of teachers AND this was the perfect way to end our summer vacation! The service, presentation, and tea/treats were fabulous!Special Features:
- We celebrated a birthday andvalocalDined on 6/17/2010We celebrated a birthday and the Four Seasons made it very nice. They served the food in a slightly different order (at our request) the service and ambiance were excellent!Special Features:
- My daughter and I were visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/17/2010My daughter and I were visiting the Carlsbad Flower Fields, which are a treat for flower lovers. On Sunday afternoon we had a delightful High Tea at Avaira Lobby Lounge - it was beyond our expectations: Harp music played by a beautiful lady musician, dainty freshly made sandwiches: smoked salmon, cucumber etc., lovely petite desserts: pistachio cheesecake, fruit tart, and more and of course scones, fresh cream and preserves. Attentive service. The best High Tea I have had since leaving Britain 30 years ago!Special Features:
- It was a very nice atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2010It was a very nice atmosphere. Although the lady that was waiting on us didn't approach us until our group was complete. I would have thought they would at least give us water and acknowledgeSpecial Features:
- It's a lovely place for teaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/13/2010It's a lovely place for tea with live harp music. The tiny sandwiches and esp. the many tiny desserts are scrumptious. I do think, more sandwiches and less desserts would be good as you can get a big sugar rush here. All were so fancy and delicious, I don't know which I would leave out though. Great for ladies and little girls!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful, relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/4/2010We had a wonderful, relaxing experience with superior food and service. The atmosphere was very quiet. Tables are well separated. Server was cheerful, helpful and attentive. Food was well prepared and presented attractively.Special Features: