Lobby Lounge at Mandarin Oriental, New York
80 Columbus Circle
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Lobby Lounge at Mandarin Oriental, New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mandarinoriental.com/newyork/dining
- Phone: 2128058800
- Hours of Operation:
LIGHT FARE AND BEVERAGE SERVICE:
Sunday - Thursday, 9:00am - 1:00am
Friday - Saturday, 9:00am - 2:00am
Monday – Sunday, 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Toni Robertson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lobby Lounge at Mandarin Oriental, New York
Located adjacent to the hotel lobby, The Lobby Lounge is the perfect place to enjoy light fare, afternoon tea, or late night desserts with dramatic views of Central Park and the city skyline.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lobby Lounge at Mandarin Oriental, New York reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (7)special occasion (6)romantic (5)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Relaxing lunch with a lovely viewTheSwedeDined on 9/19/2014For a special occasion or to reward yourself with a little getaway from the crowds in NYC, this is just the place. The service is really good and the bento box with different dumplings together with sparkling wine was heaven after a week of walking around in the city. With the beautiful view of south Central Park and Columbus Circle at 35th floor and that Lobby Lounge at Mandarin Oriental (a high class hotel) offers a rare quiet and pleasant environment then of course the prices are a little higher. But not extremely high. It´s worth the price considering what you get! Otherwise stay in Times Square or grab something in a food chain on ground level. This is for people who enjoy and appreciate life! Reservation is recommended and dress nice!Special Features:
- Special & memorable082014Dined on 8/16/2014Honey Lynn took wonderful care of us. Everything about Afternoon Tea was perfect--and delicious--and everyone was very kind (and patient, as we exclaimed over the magnificent views and took many photos) to us. Our visit will always be a wonderful memory of our 39th anniversary. Everyone there made a point of making our visit special - including serving a wonderful, unexpected anniversary dessert. We recommend the Lobby Lounge at the Mandarin to everyone, whether you're there for a special occasion like ours or not! (Thank you also for the thoughtful personal call to fit us in for a tea reservation during our NYC travel dates.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful afternoon teaVeggieFoodieDined on 7/12/2014It began with exceptional service from the hostess and followed through with warm scones, light as air, savory sandwiches and decadent mini desserts. Very accommodating for vegetarians. I recommend the Rose of New York tea blend.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in NYCrednbenjiDined on 6/25/2014We originally came across the Lobby Lounge when searching for places to have Afternoon Tea. Instead we opted for an earlier visit and ordered a few appetizers and some lunch. We were greeted promptly with a very warm welcome. Drinks were amazing and the appetizers were amazing. The food was very good. Servers and staff were attentive without being intrusive, the menu was good, the food was good, everything was presented beautifully and tasted amazing. We were in NYC for a week, and this was one of the highlights of our trip. The view over Central Park was breathtaking. We did get lost trying to find the Lounge but just called and the staff walked us through how to get there and was very sweet on the phone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Spectacular view, good food (not quite worth the high prices, but simple dishes very well done) beautifully luxuriant. However, the food took forty minutes to come out, and the check took almost an hour. This did not appear to be negligence on the part of the staff, rather that they appeared to be frenetically overworked. The view was amazing, but the dining experience was not worth it.Special Features:
- The following 104 reviews are from the Lobby Lounge at Mandarin Oriental, New York reviews archive.
- LunchBd8hereDined on 5/16/2014The lunch at the mandarin was excellent as it was my wife's birthday and they did a special desert tray up for her it was a nice supriseSpecial Features:
- Anniversary lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2014World class service! ! Went out of their way to make our day special. The Chocolate covered Strawberries they brought us were the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not enoughDinelover007VIPDined on 2/28/2014Afternoon tea was ok, Crème Burlee not too bad, but the shrimp wonton soup was shocking horrible to me, from taste to presentation, totally bad, never seen a 5 star hotel have food quality like this? The Lobby lounge also quite noise too, will go back to Asiate as my safe haven again.Special Features:
- Great ViewsNYDinerDined on 2/14/2014A lovely little resturant/bar where we had some really good cocktails and the food was so tasty and full of flavour. The staff were very helpful and friendly without being overbearing. The view tops off what is a great location. Looking over the south of central park was a great backdrop to a really nice mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmospherebritgirlVIPDined on 2/8/2014I took a friend visiting for a nice breakfast at the Mandarin, we were sitted by the window (as requested) and had a brillant view of Columbus Circle and the entry to Central Park. The decor was excellent and I felt relaxed. We both ordered pancakes, which were very well done and the cream and Vermont maple syrup was delightful additions. The service was non-intrusive and I felt as though I could take my time. The staff were friendly and polite. I would wholeheartedly recommend this, especially if you want a value for money meal and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's awesome for the view. TheHardy8150Dined on 1/19/2014It's awesome for the view. The menu items are delicious, you can't pick anything wrong technically, but the only sore spot is the service, I counted average of 20 tables, unsure about Captain - Front Waiter - Back Waiter System... It took forever to get your order taken, to finally get drinks you ordered, (drinks are awesome though / therefore worth the wait I guess?) Food arrived after 45minutes, again, we were in no rush, and it was really delicious. So; long story short, If you have time, and aren't starving, awesome place, the view over Columbus Circle and Central Park is amazing, but if you're in a rush it's not for you...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs to improveLiketoeatVIPDined on 11/4/2013We came here for afternoon tea. The scones were tasty, and the tea sandwiches were ok. We were very disappointed with the petit fours. The quantity they gave were enough for only one person when we ordered tea for 2. The service was also slow, and it was hard to find them when we needed them. The view of Central Park and Columbus Circle is well worth the visit, but they really need to improve the service and be more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for race dayLovelyDined on 11/3/2013Living in NYC can be hectic and ugly, but my friend and I come to the Mandarian for the NYC Marathon and for our birthdays, its a special place that reminds us why we love New York!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the most incredible experienceNicandbenDined on 10/24/2013The views from the Lobby Lounge are simply outstanding and the service was amazing. This is a place everyone should visit. It is simply amazing. Worth the price of cocktails for the beauty of the place and the wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2013The Lobby Lounge has a beautiful view of Central Park and the Manhattan skyline. Unfortunately, that was the only good thing about our recent lunch there. The food, hummus appetizer, tuna tartare, garlic rice, and mandarin chicken salad were okay but not outstanding. The worst part of the lunch was the terrible service. The waitress was not attentive and we had to ask other employees to send her to our table more than once. The lounge was not crowded so I'm not sure where the waitress was all during our lunch. At the end, we had to go to the front desk and ask for our check. All in all, a very disappointing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the view, not the foodBrunchloverDined on 6/3/2013Beautiful atmosphere. Worth it for the location. Very overpriced, mediocre Chinese food. Very small portions, but you wouldn't want to eat more. Had the lobster fried rice and expected it to be rather special, given the price. Hardly any lobster, lots of grease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceShooshopperDined on 5/18/2013Had booked a table here to celebrate my friends 40th birthday. From the moment we arrived the staff were amazing...they had reserved a table by the window....what a view over Central Park!.....amazing cocktail menu, and the food choice, and presentation was amazing, and delicious. Some lovely chocolate covered strawberries presented with a candle completed the birthday experience for us. Highly recomend.Special Features:
- Lunch with a viewTraveler123Dined on 5/10/2013We were there for a special anniversary. Our request for a table near the window was honored. After finishing our lunch we were surprised with a special dish: strawberries dipped in chocolate! they were delicious. The young lady serving our table was doing her job very well. All in all: highly recommend for a special occasion, or simply to treat oneself.Special Features:
- Many Thanks!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013In NYC for an anniversary weekend and came for Tea on Sunday. The staff went out of their way to make it special starting with our arrival, we were greeted with an energetic "Happy Anniversary" and told that they had reserved a special table for two at the windows overlooking Central Park. The view and the service was amazing and the ginger scones delectable. When it was time for our tray of desserts we were treated to a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries with coconut, dark chocolate and nuts with a personalized message at the bottom of the plate written in chocolate and little chocolate hearts. What a lovely afternoon and a memorable part of our trip. Thank you!!Special Features:
- I went here for a Sunday afternoonSJamJamDined on 4/7/2013I went here for a Sunday afternoon tea. The service was attentive, view was spectacular, food was delicious- especially the ginger scones. The only big issue I had was the price, the cheapest glass of bubbly was $15 and most cocktails starting at $18 a drink. Just know, you will be dropping major coin for this adventure, but if money is no object then this place is a must go!Special Features:
- Proposal in the Lobby BarOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013I ate here last week and when I booked the table, I put a note on the account to say that if possible, could I have a window seat as I wanted to pop the question to my girlfriend. I wasn't sure wether the message had got through but needn't have worried as the message did get through, I got the window seat, and the staff were excellent. I'd recommend this place to anyone based on great views over central park, lovely ambience and fantastic staff.Special Features:
- I was there to try afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2013I was there to try afternoon tea. It was great and enjoyed view of central park... I'd go back soon.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2013We were very disappointed with the afternoon tea experience. Ambience is good and the views are to die for but the food was poor - although the sandwiches were well presented and tasty, four 'mouthfuls' were hardly generous. When we asked for more (which we have always found is encouraged and available as part of the overall cost in every other major hotel ) we were told they were $4 each! So declined. The 'cake' selection was the most disappointing. Most of what was on offer were actually biscuits and very little effort seems to have been put into them at all. Wouldn't recommend unfortunately
- Happy Reunion!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013Absolutely the best! I indicated in my booking that I'd like a great seat for 2 and we were friends who have not seen each other in over 7 yrs. We were seated at a table by the window (great view !!) and towards the end of our stay (5 hrs) they sent over some complimentary chocolate covered strawberries. Written on the plate in chocolate sauce was "Happy Reunion". I love that they paid attention to the note I put on my Open Table booking. Love them!!Special Features:
- I was disappointed by theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/11/2013I was disappointed by the afternoon tea. The service was horrible and the food was not up to par.
- It's was amazing everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013It's was amazing everything from the food to the view to the service I strongly recommend this place to everyone and make sure to bring your wallet but its well worth it I will go back again and again......Special Features:
- I was extremely excited aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013I was extremely excited about making a reservation for the Afternoon Tea Service. The hotel is beautiful and the magnificent scenery was amazing but as far as service I was greatly disappointed. I reserved a seat by the window. It was that simple. I was visiting from San Diego, CA and all I wanted to do was sit by the window for me and my boyfriend's anniversary. The hostess would not sit us there stating they were only for hotel guests. She sat us by the stairs as I stared at 3 OPEN TABLES BY THE WINDOW during our whole service. There were two tables open by the window the entire hour and half we were there. As far the food, it was okay. Working in the food industry for over 8 years I expect customer service to be the first priority.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I celebratedBenLJNYCDined on 2/22/2013My boyfriend and I celebrated our anniversary with a beautiful view of Central Park South. The staff was very attentive and even prepared a special dessert! Thanks so much for the memorable time :)Special Features:
- A wonderful experience! FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2013A wonderful experience! Fabulous view of Manhattan, yummy food. The scones were incredibly flakey!!Special Features:
- Great view of central park,AlyRVIPDined on 2/14/2013Great view of central park, food and service were not as good as the pricing on the menu. You are basically paying for the view!Special Features:
- Waste of 80 dollarsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2013A disaster. No one said when making booking for afternoon tea, that the only available was a Chinese style afternoon tea. What we wanted was traditional English aft. Tea. I mentioned this to the waitress who said 'ok' yet after some wait, during which my wife's tea went cold, the Chinese afternoon tea arrived. I explained to staff that this was not what we wanted and after some wait a simple egg sandwich and cheese sandwich arrived followed by some dipped strawberries in chocolate. Tea went cold again during wait times. No cakes at all, apart from scones to start with (nice). The wrong tea was brought to start with, whole experience truly awful and not worth. 80 odd dollars. Staff ok. Rubbish.Special Features:
- I took my daughter for afternoonjabbawockyDined on 2/7/2013I took my daughter for afternoon tea two days ago and we were given fabulous seats by the window. A special chinese new year menu was all that was offered to us. We were happy to have that. The traditional scones still came but first which was a little unusual as much of the chinese afternoon tea was savoury. Some of the chinese components were quite bland and my daughter did not enjoy the food at all. The setting however was delightful.Special Features:
- Great viewLuv2dineDined on 1/24/2013Spectacular view of the city, food is good, and service is excellent. Exactly what you would expect at the Mandarin Oriental!Special Features:
- Big "Wow" factor as you enterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013Big "Wow" factor as you enter the 34th floor lobby - the view is fantastic! Definitely ask for a window seat. Afternoon tea was delicious.Special Features:
- While the view and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/12/2013While the view and ambiance is amazing and the food yummy the service was so horrible I will never return unless forced.Special Features:
- After being seated we wentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/30/2012After being seated we went unnoticed for a few minutes too long. Also a vacuum was being pushed around our table. But, after those initial mistakes, things were very pleasant and the food very tasty. We enjoyed a long and leisurely lunch taking in the view.Special Features:
- Three of us had afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2012Three of us had afternoon tea at the Lobby Lounge at the Mandarin Oriental. The price for afternoon tea at $38/person was very reasonable. The food and tea were good quality. But the real reason we booked there, was because of the view. Spectacular even though we were there on a snowy afternoon, so visibility was very low. The service however was very spotty. We were seated quite promptly, and orders for the teas taken immediately. Then we waited and waited, and waited for about 20 minutes before the food arrived. Disappointing considering this is a hotel chain that's known internationally for it's impeccable service. I suppose it is still New York afterall, so spotty service is to be expected.Special Features:
- Great view for tea, skimpy portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/28/2012A lovely table and view for high tea at Lobby Lounge. We did book ahead, but had to wait for 20 minutes, though we did get a wonderful table in the end. Food was very nicely made, but actually a little skimpy compared to other high teas in UK, and even here in New York (Gordon Ramsey at the London, e.g.). For a $38 per person tea, it kind of felt as though we were paying for the view instead of the high tea.
- Great place for drinks & appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012Great place for drinks & appetizers with a wonderful view. Food, drinks & wait staff definitely 5 star.Special Features:
- Come for the view, not the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012I had the afternoon tea service at the Mandarin Oriental right before Christmas. Afternoon tea is usually a wonderful relaxing experience, but this was not the case here. The staff was inattentive and made us feel lik we were imposing on them. The food & tea were fine but nothing exceptional. The only reason to choose this place for tea is the great view, but there are many other places in the city that will make you more welcome.Special Features: