7420 Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, FL 33138Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lobarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7865366692x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Latin / Spanish, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We Cater! :) Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Thank you!
- Private Party Contact: Jessica 3056081623x
- Special Events: Our restaurant can be rented out :) Please email email@example.com for more details. Thank you!
A word from LOBA
LOBA is a vibrant new eatery that combines Latin Spice and Southern Comfort. Using a balanced dose of traditional and contemporary culinary arts, it will aim to serve elevated interpretations of traditional Latin American cuisines with a hint of southern accents. With an emphasis on sharing, the main concept is built around the idea of a fearless animal that is always hungry. The playful yet mysterious little addition to Miami’s historic MiMo district is designed to create a casual atmosphere with intentions of shedding an intimate light on Miami’s vintage charisma. The dining experience is geared to coincide with the rustic aesthetic design of the restaurant,capturing an earthy ambiance that is purposely quaint and romantic. LOBA will shift the dining paradox of nutrition, taste, and price. This food-centric concept will be chef-driven and have a well-rounded team that focuses on bringing a high level of food quality, creativity and we look forward to serving you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LOBA reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (6)romantic (4)hot spot (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Could be so much moreMmdp77Dined on 9/5/2014The ambience of the restaurant was nice. We got our appetizers pretty quickly but it took almost an hour to get our dinner. During our wait we observed an employee that came in with a box of food giving the impression that they were low on food. When reviewing the menu with the waiter he had a hard time describing the dishes and would read of the menu. The names of some of them were in spanish which he managed to mispronounce. Food tasted good but one of the dishes did not come out because the waiter must have forgotten to write it down. They only put one bottle of water on the table when we were 6 people and we constantly had to ask for a refill because it was always empty. As far as for the food, the patacón was delicious.
- Great neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014The rib eye dinner - Portaleno something or other - was delicious! The homemade crispy thick chips are great and add a great crunch to the meal. Loved the wings to start and the ceviche/guacomole! The local beers top off a very hearty and tasty meal. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look for LOBA!Sugartime4Dined on 8/24/2014LOBA is a delicious addition to the Biscayne Corridor. Not so settled yet, as they didn't have our reservation but seated us anyway.It's small so reserve if you can. The menu is a unique combination of Latin and/Mediterranean/southern flair. We were offered their "special bread" upon arrival,but didn't get it until entrees served It was sliced multigrain bread, served with delicious honey butter.Lemon garlic wings, balls of fried goat cheese and a beet/avocado salad were good appetizer choices. The Patacon(ribeye steak,rice, guac,salsa and a chicharron) was good, but the "ribette" steak with oyster 'shrooms was small and tough. The fried chicken was good, but not what you expect. Several nice veggie options. No time for dessert this time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent food great wine and beersmomoDined on 8/8/2014Well is truth I'm a foody but is even better when I invite my non foody friends that are really picky because people in Miami is really picky and they LOVE the food and the place. The owner is a cute young lady with great talent follow bu really good servers and vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DeliciousJCJCDined on 8/5/2014Went for dinner was very happily surprised at how good everything was. Had the goat cheese appetizer and the Ode to Wilbur pork belly. Wow really delicious. Shared the swordfish as the main entree to make room for dessert. Everything was really well presented and super tasty. The owner even walked around to see how everything was, I was really happy with my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayFoodFanDined on 7/26/2014Loba is a wonderful experience. Servers are on point. Food was cooked to perfection and delicious. Menu is fun and clever. Ambiance is comfortable and the decor is beautiful with lots of details to explore. This is a special place because of its intimacy. We will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's about the food!CharlieDined on 7/8/2014While this is a "cute" place, they need to focus on serving food that is visually appealing and tasteful. More attention to the kitchen and less on socializing would be my first recommendation.
- PinecrestGuyDined on 7/5/2014This new restaurant should succeed. The food is very good and the menu, while limited, is somewhat unusual. The staff is young and anxious to please. The desert was excellent. I would return again.Special Features:
- Good Food, Weak ServiceYUMMYTUMMYVIPDined on 7/3/2014Food is good but the young servers need more training.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the LOBA reviews archive.