571 Queen St W
Toronto, ON M5V2B6Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lo-zingaro.com/
- Phone: 4163616154x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday to Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Lo Zingaro
At LoZingaro, you will have the chance to enjoy the best pizza in Toronto no matter what your taste for pizza is. You can even enjoy an amazing Toronto pizza that is dairy free & made especially for those that are lactose intolerant or for those that would like a pizza without the cheese. These dairy free pizzas include a variety of toppings from capers to potatoes to sausage, giving you a wide selection to choose from. For those that enjoy some spice in their food, there are spicy pizzas for you as well. Other types of pizzas differ in the sauces that are used to the ingredients. Pizzas range for those that are vegetarians to those that enjoy meat on their pizzas, all made with fresh ingredients when possible. At Lo Zingaro, not only can you get a great Toronto pizza, but you can get a taste of the best pasta in Toronto as well. Our pastas are made fresh and are sure to get your taste buds begging for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lo Zingaro reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)romantic (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We both had a pizza each and they were great. The server was a bit odd... I asked for black pepper and parmesean on my pizza when it came to the table and he looked at me like I had 3 heads. But otherwise - great experience. I asked for a birthday cake to come right after our meal for my friend's birthday (on my opentable reservation) - and it was done just as requested. Lovely. I just wish they sang to her! =)Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerCitySnackerDined on 9/12/2014I made the reservation through open table. When I called days later to confirm my group details the restaurant didn't seem to have my reso. Food was delicious but our server was rude. No greeting, no polite chat, he just seem annoyed to be working. Not sure why someone like that is in the service industry if they don't enjoy it. I have indicated two special diners and a birthday celebration and none were acknowledged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Had a 730pm Saturday reservation- waited 20 minutes to get seated. Once seated, it took 20min to place our drink orders and another 20 to place our food orders. 45min after that, our appetizers are nowhere to be seen. No bread either. I asked the waiter and a few minutes later, he brought out our mains. He gave us a strange, incomprehensible story about how our appetizers went missing. They did nothing to make up for the mistake and really bad service. We were so disgusted at the rude service & went elsewhere for dessert. I've been here 3 times - 1st time was great, 2nd was average, 3rd was this. What a disaster - I won't be going back to Lo Zingaro. The pizza was good but with service like that, I'd rather endure the long wait at Libretto.
- Poor ServiceCindyDined on 8/21/2014There were two people serving us - a female and then a male. Neither of them smiled when they approached our table nor did they appear friendly. We asked for recommendations and they just gave us a name of a pizza. The food was good but it wasn't flavourful - very bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious fresh homemade pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014The best fresh homemade pasta I've ever had. The fettuccine and tagliatelle are delicious!Special Features:
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014Really great pizza Cold risotto balls.. Too big and too saltySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceAnthonyDined on 5/24/2014The food was great and the service was alright. For a bunch of Italians, it would be nice if they were a bit more upbeat and vibrant. The wait staff barely smiled the whole time we were there.Special Features:
- The following 9 reviews are from the Lo Zingaro reviews archive.
- Best pizza in town!ChefwannabeDined on 5/6/2014Finally a place that makes delicious, creative pizzas! Sweet peas, favs beans, asparagus, arugula and bufula mozz...a bit soggy but delish. Great homemade pasta...the specials are great! Wine list is limited and a 5oz pour is short. Stick with the food. Can't go wrong.Special Features:
- great pizza and desertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Loved this place. Good service, very tasty food. Pizza was amazing. Deserts were fantastic, especially tiramisu Surprised it was so quiet on a Friday night but it ensured that service was quick and attentiveSpecial Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014My friends an I found this little spot through blogTO and were taken by the ambiance and wonderful food. The tagliatelle is wonderful, as is their roman-styled pizzas. The tiramisu is divine! This would also make a great date spot, as the other customers were all on dates it seems. I highly recommend this place, the owner is also lovely and the chef is obviously very talented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group EventYummyDined on 3/29/2014We held a small surprise party at Lo Zingaro. It was a great experience. The staff was fridenly and accommodating. The food was excellent, even though the menu was a bit challenging for some that could not read Italian, but the waitress was always able to translate. Overall a great place to have a small function with friends or just a romantic night out.Special Features:
- For anyone who enjoyed pizzaFrenchieDined on 3/14/2014For anyone who enjoyed pizza in Italy this will bring back fond memories. Very authentic Italian pizza and generally good Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!PatsyDined on 2/26/2014The food was delicious! Will definitely go back there again...Special Features:
- Great food and wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2014Very authentic and delicious food. Great to share a couple of plates because the servings were huge and you will definitely want to taste everything on this menu. Fantastic service - very attentive and friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinner, no complaintsMillyDined on 2/8/2014I came with my family for dinner. The server was excellent and very attentive. She was very knowledgeable about the wine selection and even brought us out a couple to taste before we made our choice. We loved the thin crust pizza and the pasta was perfect. We got a great booth table at the front. You can see the pizza chef preparing the dough in the back section of the restaurant and he even came around to ask how everything was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2014If you're looking for straight up authentic italian food, this is place to try! Small selection on the menu, but excellent options and great wine from small towns in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.