111 West Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lmrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 312-202-9900x
- Hours of Operation:
6am - 10pm
6am - 12am
6am - 12am
6am - 12am
6am - 1am
7am - 3pm: Brunch Menu
3pm - 12am: A la Carte Menu
7am - 3pm: Brunch Menu
3pm - 10pm: A la Carte Menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Ben Reaves
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Nicole Quaisser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: LM Bistro brings French contemporary to River North with a blend of chef-driven cuisine, impeccable team service and a welcoming environment. Our goal is to make your event easy to plan, affordable and flawlessly executed. We are committed to making your events our events.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Outrequin Quaisser 3122029900
- Entertainment: Please visit www.lmrestaurant.com for a full schedule of live music.
- Special Events: Live Music every Friday & Saturday night. Seating is limited, so please contact Jasper for reservations: 312-202-9900
- Cross Street: Clark
- Public Transit: CTA Red Line Chicago and State
CTA Brown Line Orleans
CTA #22 Clark Street Bus
CTA #36 Broadway Street Bus
CTA #151 Sheridan Bus
CTA #156 LaSalle Bus
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is only $10 located in Hotel Felix
Metered Street Parking (two-hour maximum time period)
A word from LM Bistro
The LM Restaurant Group is proud to introduce their thriving bar concept, Troquet, to Chicago's River North Neighborhood. Located on the ground floor of the Hotel Felix at 111 W. Huron @ Clark, Troquet River North is a neighborhood French bar focusing on wine and custom cocktails. Acclaimed Chef Martial Nougier is overseeing all culinary aspects of the new venture, and will grace his patrons with fun food from all regions France. Live music will be featured every Wednesday and Thursday, 6pm-9:30pm, and every Friday and Saturday, 9pm-12:30am.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LM Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- NYE Prix FixeSShayVIPDined on 12/31/2013Just had LM Bistro for our NYE meal, and it was fantastic! First course was cauliflower soup, which was amazing. Second course was salad, and that was good, but not great. The beef for third course was some of the best I have had, and the dessert course was great as well. Service was very good. My only complaint would be that we did the wine pairings, and for 2 of the 4 courses, the food came out before the pairing. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Excellent service, lovely foodPerpendicularDined on 12/27/2013We were a group of 5: two young-ish children, a teenager, and 2 adult women out for lunch prior to The Nutcracker. While the menu is not standard child-fare, the waiter arranged to have a few dishes slightly modified (eliminated a sauce and onion garnish) so that kids were very happy with their meals. Wine list was perfect - reasonable value for good quality wines. All of the food was very, very good and very fresh. Service was excellent, and at lunch we found the place refreshingly quiet and unrushed. One note about the desserts: one in our party ordered the hazelnut cake with espresso and chocolate mousse. It inspired near tears of delight. Seriously, spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindellieDined on 12/22/2013Looking for a French bistro on the Near North. This is it. Our waiter, Evan, was attentive and right on mark for recommendations. Not crowded when we ate. Hoping more people go as I would hate to have this restaurant close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent breakfast spotsteveDined on 12/4/2013LM Bistro is a great little spot for breakfast that provides a great alternative to the typical heavy fare one finds around the Loop and River North areas. It's not a huge menu, but the food is delicious and most enjoyable.Special Features:
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2013had brunch with a friend on sunday afternoon. the baked egg cocotte was good but when i got to eating the middle of the middle of the dish, it was slightly cold. taste wouldve been great if it had been completely warm. service was kind and attentive. place was very quiet but ironically social (great mix)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast spotsteveDined on 11/22/2013It's a real treat to have an alternative to the usual heavy "American" breakfast downtown. Great service, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a welcome addition to River NorthEllaDined on 11/19/2013We went on a Tuesday when they offer no corkage fee, although i have also gone there at other times and selected wine from their list. the food was terrific with the wine we brought. it's always such a pleasure to be able to bring a wine from our personal cellar and have a fine meal with it. I plan to come back when they have live music on Friday and Saturday nights as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchStreetervilleResVIPDined on 11/19/2013Good brunch. Lots of racket on this particular day because they were changing signage and stuff. Didn't know it at the time, actually going back today, will see how the "new" place is.Special Features:
- A breakfast oasissteveDined on 11/14/2013This was my first visit and it was for breakfast. What a terrific alternative to the usual heavy breakfast fare at some many restaurants downtown. The French "twists" on classics like Eggs Benedict, for example, made a standard dish seem brand new, and incredibly flavorful and satisfying. And what a gem in the middle of an area in which it's difficult to find a good breakfast spot generally. Great service, too, and good coffee.Special Features:
- The food, service and decorssmithDined on 11/9/2013The food, service and decor were excellent. I was hoping to be hearing french or french inspired music to add to the ambiance, The music they played was not bad but it lost it's charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service, Entertainment!NancyDined on 10/26/2013We loved LM Bistro! The manager and our servers were very attentive. Food was wonderful and the 3 Jazz Performers featured that night were outstanding. Plan to go again soon- most likely on a night when there is entertainment.Special Features:
- Not worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2013Just another "bistro" serving uninspiring dishes. French? Kind of, but not really. More like paint-by-numbers resembles a painting. The pâté is one of those dishes that ought to be made by the bistro, it didn't seem to have been, and when asked it was confirmed by the waiter, that it was not. Oh gee. However the business aspect is very savvy. Best seen in the wine selection, with some mass produced wines at higher than expected mark up. They try to push customers to the even higher priced bottles, which are by no means any more worth drinking. In F, In a good bistro the chef's house wine is often a very good choice. Great value, good fit and overall a good wine. It is good for groups or for those who want to just eat something "French".Special Features:
- Comfort French Bistro and BrasserieapiciusVIPDined on 10/19/2013Just an all around great place to get some of the famous and delicious comfort foods that a good bistro and brasserie should have, from the croque monsieur, quiche, mussels and burgers that our group had at lunch this visit, to some really wonderful and creative fish, steak and lamb dishes that I have had at previous dinner visits. Reasonable prices and a really friendly and efficient staff helps as well! It is fun to eat outside on Michigan Ave. in good weather across from a lovely part of Grant Park. They always seem to have an interesting array of wines at reasonable prices to compliment the meal. Really good comfort food restaurant with a just enough creativity to keep it interesting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceRosarioDined on 10/18/2013We went with a Gilt City coupon for the 4 course tasting menu with wine pairings. The tasting menu was a full four course meal with large portions. Everything was delicious and it was great to try some things we would not have normally ordered. It is reasonably priced and the decor is great. The service was superb, the best we have had, not stuffy, just right. There was also live music - piano, cello, and singer, which really added to the experience. We hope to be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another perfect dinner!Dmt111Dined on 10/11/2013I just love coming to LM Bistro and check out their ever-changing menu. My dinner with friends there a few days ago was another perfect experience. We all ordered different menu items and each one seemed more delicious then the next.. I chose the Prix Fixe 4 course, which was an excellent value at $39 and included a tasty escarole salad, a new autumn soup and the most flavorful and tender braised veal cheeks you can imagine. My mouth is watering as I am writing this.. Other dishes with rave reviews were the seared duck breast and the excellent whitefish. Service and overall ambience were outstanding, especially the great live entertainment which was at a perfect level to allow for conversation at the table. I can't wait to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to be discovered!LuvBlingVIPDined on 10/10/2013We were here on a Thursday night at 7 pm and there were very few others dining. The restaurant has a nice feel, a room with a piano and banquettes, very nice bar. We shared the cauliflower fritters and ordered the chicken served over chanterelle mushrooms and baby vegetables and the duck dish. Both were very good and very generous portions. We shared the opera cake which was delicious. We were hoping to have a bottle of the Rousillon that was advertised on line but it was not available. We settled for another red which was very good. This restaurant is located on a busy corner and the headlights of cars flashed in our eyes while dining. It would help if there was a window cover half way up the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/1/2013Untrained or uncaring waitstaff. Butter on table, bread plate and knife, never offered any bread until the BUSBOY asked if we would like some. Portioning inconsistent for the price. I wish the old coffee house that was in this space years ago was still there. You could get breakfast briskly and correctly and the staff could describe the dishes. This place is a sad joke, strategically placed to draw in out-of-towners and young things who don't really care much about eating but just about killing time over a few drinks and a nibble. There have to be more reasonable places nearby with better service and food.
- Special evening ruinedJannieVIPDined on 9/21/2013Too bad..nice new cabaret Bistro..evening ruined by two of the worst prepared filets ever.. My wife and I had two filet dinners at $ 38. Dollars plus tax plus tip that were so bad we had on bite each and complained..there excuse was that we each substituted frites for potato moose was the reason the filets were over cooked...the manager said he would of not charged us if we didn't substitute. Incredible...we spent close to 200.00 with tip and had a couple of French fries..a very disappointing experience.....Nan Mason a well known Vhicago singer was greatSpecial Features:
- A perfect meal!apiciusVIPDined on 9/6/2013Everything just aligned right to make our meal at LM a wonderful evening! The food of course was delicious, form my prix fixe meal with seared tuna and lamb, to the whitefish and Amish chicken that others had. The goat cheese dessert was fabulous! It was also a beautiful evening and sitting on there outside patio watching the Friday evening parade of people in River North was fun and we lingered for a long time enjoying our wine (they have a large and excellent selection), and the orhter wonderful thing was that it was very reasonably priced, especially for the high quality of the food. And of course the service was great to round out the lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunch choicelialeDined on 9/1/2013I had the brunch for 25 bottomless mimosas plus anything from their brunch choicesSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food - Needs broader menuluv2danceDined on 8/31/2013LM Bistro has excellent food, with the freshest of ingredients, and perfectly prepared, however the menu is quite limited with no specials. This is a nice quiet spot and very romantic, but at 8pm on a Saturday night there were only four other parties in the room...granted it was Labor Day weekend which might have impacted the lack of diners, but it felt empty. There are several other excellent Bistros in Chicago and LM needs to find something unique to compete, it felt a bit tired the evening we were there.Special Features:
- Great food and ambienceDrDonDined on 8/24/2013Newly revised menu was imaginative and tasty. Nice and quiet for conversing. Friendly and helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near north bistrodesertmikeDined on 8/10/2013This is a classic French bistro . Food is marvelous room is artsy service good Small menu but really good food at good prices wine list small but apropos to a bistro All that's missing are patrons It should get popular for the savvy foodie tired of oversized portions and checks A sleeper MjkSpecial Features:
- Paris on HuronbistrobiteDined on 8/6/2013From the Kir Royale to the creme brulee, LM Bistro delighted us. Marvelously rich, smooth, smoky tomato bisque. Bistro steak with potato mousse, more of a potato foam - so sheer, nearly invisible imparted such a buttery, potato flavor...have to have it again to make sure it was real. Boeuf bourguignon, forgive the cliche, so tender, it truly melted in the mouth. Attentive and courteous server. Helpful, too. Asked for a wine recommendation to accompany the bourguignon. Per the server's suggestion, a glass of red -the best wine we have ever had. And that's just after returning from France and a wine-tasting trip through Burgundy! Only criticism was the noisy ventilation system's impact on a fully romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empty on Friday nightameemeeDined on 8/2/2013I heard good things about this restaurant a long time ago and finally decided to give it a try with some friends. Made a reservation for 7:30PM Friday night and the restaurant was very empty and quiet. We left at 10PM and were one of maybe 5 tables. The food was contemporary French - the taste was fine but not anything special and the portions were also ok not the generous kind. The service however was still good - staff very attentive. They ran out of the wine we ordered so they gave us the next expensive bottle for the same price. All in all I'm not sure how good the restaurant is doing - perhaps will close soon?
- Put LM Bistro on your listRPMancusoVIPDined on 7/8/2013LM Bistro is a terrific combination of ambiance, food preparation and service. Any time of day, you'll find interesting and dependable menu choices, at a great location in the Felix Hotel. The quiche is the best in town. Put LM Bistro on your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LM AuthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/4/2013Found food to be well prepared - steak tartare was spiced exactly as requestedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous French FoodLisaVIPDined on 6/25/2013Everything here is delicious! my favorites include the sourdough bread, the salmon and the creme brulee. IMHO, I would say the best creme brulee I have ever had. definitely will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LM BistroRLHCPADined on 6/8/2013Excellent French restaurant with a good menu and wine list. Andre, our waiter, did a fantastic jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was empty butOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/31/2013The restaurant was empty but I was called 4. Times to confirm my reservations. Steak pomme frites tough and mediocre
- Very much enjoyed lunch -MarsVIPDined on 5/27/2013Very much enjoyed lunch - nice portion sizes, very reasonably priced. Nice wine selection. Would go back and try dinner at some point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take foodies.johnLVIPDined on 5/18/2013Perfect for dinner with friends. Noise level low, comfortable atmosphere, service excellent but unassuming. Food was excellent. Only drawback was no wine in stock from their solid wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingSunshineVIPDined on 5/15/2013While the wait staff was exceptionally nice they were not knowledgeable. What is the special today? Reply: "I think it is trout" Turns out it was pork. How would you describe this wine? Reply: "It might be best to let you taste it". Now I have no problems tasting wine samples but the fact that the bartender who was waiting on our table (half the time and someone else the other half) did not know about the wines or how to pronounce their names was a bit disappointing. I don't believe this was the fault of the wait staff, however as they were all very nice - perhaps lack of good management. This place has potential. I'll try again in a few months.
- Everything I wanted!SymphomaniacDined on 5/12/2013the food was delicious and plenty!So much for a great price! I took my mom for a mothers day brunch and it was just lovely .. delicate sauces, tender meat, tasty dessert,just amazing! We loved every course and I would eat here again!!Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013Trout salad was excellent. Lamb portion was fulfilling. Lemon tart had a good balance of sweetness and bitterness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- some issuesStevenDined on 5/11/2013First, I want to say that the entire staff was spectacular. Most seem to be the same from the LM in Lincoln Square that had closed. Our server, Andre, was helpful, friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, the food did not measure up. The couscous salad was fine, but not extremely flavorful. The sauce on the veal chop was similarly not flavorful. My fish (trout) was a bit on the fishy side. The cheeses were lovely. The wine list is excellent. The dessert was poor; we found it inedible. Our overall impression is that the owners aimed high, when the restaurant was in Lincoln Square and under the stewardship of a young chef named Justin Perdue; but that the kitchen needs some help at this time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchmmmmDined on 5/5/2013We came over from the Hotel Felix and had a lovely brunch -- an omelet and the granola with yogurt, both classics done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at LM BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2013My friend and I had a delightful brunch at LM Bistro last Sat. The decor is lovely and the food was delicious, although my one small-ish piece of toast was the only thing that was odd. We had a wonderful server with a sparkling personality, and she did not rush us through our meal, which was appreciated. I will definitely return to sample the food at lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectationsNanapat27Dined on 5/2/2013LM did not offer the two or three course meal advertised online, nor was there a plat du jour on offer. Moules and frites were excellent, pâté was good, rillette was bland and tasteless and onon soup tasted burnt. My companion found her salad to be virtually dressing free. The menu printed on paper had food stains on it, not a very auspicious start. On the upside, we did have a very pleasant waiter.
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/2/2013I've been to other LM locations, and maybe because this one is attached to a hotel, just seemed rather blah. They had limited availability via OpenTable, but when we arrived, we were one of two tables that were occupied. The food was good, the pork rillettes were wonderful, as was the saucisson sec, but my wife's steak frites were not so good. Very tough meat, with soggy frites. However, my boeuf bourguignon was pretty good, but nothing spectacular. Overall, give it a pass. Go to any of LM's other restaurants - they have a better "neighborhood" feel, better food and better prices. This location is obviously geared toward the hotel's guests next door.Special Features: