1 South Wacker
Chicago, IL 60606Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lloydschicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 407-6900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Bar Lunch: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Dinner: Saturdays For 7:30 Opera
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Areli Valencia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lloyd's delivers within 4 blocks with no delivery fee & 8 blocks with a deliver fee.
- Private Party Facilities: Lloyd's offers a large private room accommodating up to 140 guest. It can be divided, accommodating up to 70 guests each side.
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Yoeckel 3124076900
- Special Events: Lloyd's can accommodate up to 400 guests with their entire facility.
A word from Lloyd's
Lloyd's Chicago offers an upscale casual dining experience with an eclectic Midwest American influence & comfort food for that unique Chicago experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lloyd's reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (55)good for groups (39)special occasion (29)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (17)romantic (9)hot spot (8)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- very convenient to lyric operalalsaysVIPDined on 11/19/2014lloyd's is located across the street from the lyric opera. particularly in the winter when walking in the windy city can be painful this is an ideal place to have a pre-opera dinner. the food is just fine, the waitstaff efficient and the location can't be beat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, and location.AjayVIPDined on 11/19/2014Great pre-theater location. Great food served with time constraints in mind.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014Always a great dining experience especially when under a time constraint to make an opera performance. ( We didn't feel "rushed" .) The service was fast and efficient, and our meals were delicious. Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can be loud. It's cold sitting next to the windowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Food is warm and fresh. Too bad they serve farm raised fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for Lyric OperaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Great selection of food items and convenient to Lyric Opera. Kids menu is a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lloyd'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/15/2014Very convenient for opera. Prompt service. Excellent salad selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always have a good experience at LloydsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014I bring all of my business clients to Lloyds for lunch. The service and food are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2014The ambiance was better than the food. Food was ok, very salty. We had a waitress who worked very hard to please the opera crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to PlaceChicagodinerVIPDined on 11/10/2014Food quality a hit or miss - I wish you the chef would split the dishes in the kitchen instead of having the customers having to do it at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place For LunchBobLVIPDined on 11/7/2014Took my son here for his birthday. Food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Post OperaJoelDined on 11/5/2014The best place for a post Lyric Opera meal. Excellent service, varied menu and totally convenient .
- Lloyd's Worth the VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Have a group of six people and wanted a great place near the Lyric Opera House as the group was attending the Lyric Gala. The house wine was excellent and the service timely. The meal for the six was on the lighter side and everyone commented on the quality. We do larger groups and will use this place again.Special Features:
- Getting SoftShowDogVIPDined on 10/30/2014Lloyd's has been a staple in the loop for twenty years and that's part of the problem - It's gotten soft or stale. I had the strip steak salad with chipotle ranch dressing, and it was bland even after adding heavy amounts of salt and pepper. The dressing was thin and tasteless. Chipotle usually has a kick, but this didn't even have a limp. My guest said his cheeseburger was cooked well and very tasty, so there was some redemption. The service was lackluster and almost comical. The server operated as if she was programed with no enthusiasm or interest in her job. When she swung by to ask the obligatory, "how's everything?" She kept walking without hearing our response. I feel Lloyd's takes the limited loop market for granted.Special Features:
- JinxDined on 10/29/2014Kelly was a wonderful server and we enjoyed her great personality and efficiency. We come before each of our operas and look forward to our dining experienceas much as the Opera we are going to see.Special Features:
- Great place for pre-Opera diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014A pleasant place, with decent food, located in the heart of downtown - and right across from the Lyric Opera.Special Features:
- A good choice before the operaWilmetteBoxerDined on 10/28/2014A good choice for dinner before the opera or theater. The staff is good about moving things along. Nothing stands out--some things are promising, but the volume of food served takes a toll. The soup is never hot enough. The rolls are soft, doughy. The best dish at our table was the stir fry and the pecan dessert, which was big enough for 3 and rich and satisfying. Prompt service, but it's a large restaurant, rather cold, not a destination. At times, though, convenience counts.Special Features:
- Great for LunchStick66VIPDined on 10/28/2014Took clients there for lunch. Good service and food.
- Great before operaStephSDined on 10/27/2014Instead of the usual table in Siberia given to lone female diners, I got a nice spot near front windows and a super server, Kelly. Because it was Monday, all wines by the glass were $2 off. Loved the Oregon Pinot Gris. Caesar salad was perfect (Kelly recommended the smaller one) and Michigan white fish, flash fried, was perfect entree. Ate every bite. Staff is mindful when people tell them they have a curtain time, but when I shared what time I wanted to head across the street to the Lyric, they slowed down and Kelly said, "I'll take my cues from you." I'm from out of state and have been to Lloyd's before. Consistently good. A great, no-hassle place to dine (not just eat) before an event.Special Features:
- always dependablepmargDined on 10/27/2014This is our first choice for pre-opera dining. A nice plus is the discounted lower Wacker Drive parking in the evenings. The broad menu offers a variety of choices and price points, and we have tried many of them, almost all to our satisfaction. Reservations are promptly honored and service is speedy and professional as most diners seem to be attending the opera at 7:30. We find it an altogether pleasant experience in a nice ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CastlecombeDined on 10/27/2014We enjoy dining at Lloyd's pre-opera. It is not only located conveniently to the Lyric but has an excellent choice of dishes and wines. The staff is friendly and accommodating and the food is prepared well. The special during our last visit was swordfish. I ordered it grilled with a mango salsa topping. It was the best!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinnerCDKDDined on 10/25/2014We arrived early for a 7:30 opera, and our server was gracious, kind and helpful. We made the mistake of not asking for a booth when we made the reservation, so we were in a back room with less ambience but it was quiet and the food was great.Special Features:
- convenient to Lyric, not noisyChicagoFlaneuseDined on 10/25/2014These are best two qualities. Food is OK for this price point. Subsidized parking is available with the entrance off Lower Wacker Drive on the east side where the pillars say OSW (One South Wacker). Biggest drawback is irritating and unnecessary check-in system at host stand. Reservations are easy to get even just a day or two before opera performance.
- nice placemooncookieDined on 10/24/2014Always have a nice meal and good time with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectrnlmcs1VIPDined on 10/24/2014This is a great spot to dine before or after the Opera.Special Features:
- Great Pre-Opera DiningbonvivantDined on 10/22/2014If you are coming to a Lyric Opera performance and would like to dine before the performance, Lloyd's is an excellent choice. The staff will insure that you can enjoy your meal without rushing and still be on time for your show. You will enjoy fine dining at very reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & server!LinDuhDined on 10/22/2014Had a delicious meal before going to the opera. This is a perfect location since it's just across the street. Our dinner was wonderful, we both had the whitefish, which was excellent! Our server was fun and knowledgable and added to our evening. We were given a table by the window which as beautiful. Will be back the next time I go the an opera. Also had a great deal which included parking for $8.50Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater night must!DinnerandaShowDined on 10/21/2014Favorite dinner spot for theater nights!! Good food & great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great recommendation by Lyric OperaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I've never been to the opera with my wife before, so I called Lyric Opera for general questions: dress code, what time doors open, food suggestions, etc. The woman from Lyric suggested Lloyd's saying many opera goers go to Lloyd's for diner. We were very impressed with the food and I very much appreciated the table by the window that I asked for while making the reservation. Food was both savery and hearty. Service was good- very busy so we weren't looking for miracle service. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-opera diningMattVIPDined on 10/17/2014We enjoy dining at Lloyd's before attending the opera. Food is very good and service quick and excellent. This time one of us had the rib eye steak which came medium rare as ordered and the other the salad with chicken which was very good. Food arrived quickly. We started with soups which came immediately and were warm and ready to eat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Great ServiceLKSullivanVIPDined on 10/16/2014After an issue we had withthe restaurant not receiving the on line invitation from Open Table they seated us promptly. We had a great lunch. Our server, Calvin was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Pre operajerryDined on 10/15/2014Great setting for a pre opera dinner. Wonderful service from the moment you entered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night at the operaOpera1Dined on 10/14/2014we stopped for sinner before attending the opera. the food was great and delivered fast. the servers were available and anticipated your requests. they did not rush you out the door but were aware that you had a time deadline to meet. everyone was friendly. you felt quite relaxed and comfortable while there - almost like being at home with service.Special Features:
- Convenient and GoodjannieDined on 10/14/2014It was raining when we got out of the train station and this restaurant was close enough to walk across the street to. The inside of the restaurant was warm and inviting. The waiter was attentive. I gave Food 3 stars because there were varying opinions. I had the filet madalions with a blue cheese crust, which were excellent , done exactly asjek ordered. The accompanying mashed potatoes were very tasty. Another guest had a fish dish which she said was very good. The 3rd patron ordered a steak well-done. It came and was pink and had to be sent back. When she received it again, it was well-done, but she said it was just ok. For dessert we split a hot fudge sundae with extra hot fudge. It was very good. We had a great time and I would go back!
- All-Around Good Dining ExperienceTealDined on 10/11/2014Lloyd's offers an all-around good dining experience. The food is very good and the menu offers a reasonable variety of choices; the ambiance is pleasant with white table cloths and located in a nice part of the city (the financial district). Our service was excellent, friendly and efficient, but not overbearing. Lloyd's is located very close to the opera house and Willis (Sears) Tower, but is also an easy walk to the other theaters downtown. It is also a good spot for a business lunch or dinner. I know my firm hosts numerous business lunches there. Not too loud, but still a vibrant atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Food and service were better than expected for a pre-opera dinner. And the location couldn't be more convenient.
- Lyric Season BeginsCP1012VIPDined on 10/11/2014Lloyd's is an excellent find when you are looking for dining before a Lyric Opera event. Close by, very good food choices and preparation, and accommodating to its customers. We have gone to the restaurant for five years and it has held up to our expectations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lilyDined on 10/9/2014The salad was so good and we will coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HassDined on 10/9/2014Lloyd's is overall a pleasant place to eat, with excellent food and good service.Special Features:
- BillDined on 10/8/2014Our favorite post opera option. $6 cocktails. Prompt seating and attentive service.Special Features:
- curmudgeonDined on 10/8/2014Lloyd's is our "go to" place after the opera. Table always waiting, good service, tasty fare, relaxing ambiance, convenient. I almost don't want to let others know about this gem of a place lest it be the destination of the hordes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.