1 South Wacker
Chicago, IL 60606Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lloydschicago.com/
- Phone: 3124076900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Bar Lunch: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Dinner: Saturdays For 7:30 Opera
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Areli Valencia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lloyd's delivers within 4 blocks with no delivery fee & 8 blocks with a deliver fee.
- Private Party Facilities: Lloyd's offers a large private room accommodating up to 140 guest. It can be divided, accommodating up to 70 guests each side.
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Yoeckel 3124076900
- Special Events: Lloyd's can accommodate up to 400 guests with their entire facility.
A word from Lloyd's
Lloyd's Chicago offers an upscale casual dining experience with an eclectic Midwest American influence & comfort food for that unique Chicago experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lloyd's reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (30)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014Go to spot for business lunches in the loop. Good menu, attentive serversSpecial Features:
- Great Loop Diningwe4foodDined on 9/16/2014Both the food and the service were terrific! We experienced High quality professional service from start to finish. The restaurant was full of lively business professionals, creating a dynamic atmosphere. Located across from the Lyric Opera House, Lloyd's is also a great choice for opera night. The blackened salmon and crab cakes are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargeDined on 9/11/2014We were taking a co-worker out to celebrate a promotion who had never been to Lloyd's. She loved it. We all loved it. Our lunch was so delicious! The waitress we had was friendly and offered recommendations that were spot on. The entire meal was so fresh and inviting. We weren't going to have dessert, and then did. She recommended the chocolate sour cream cheesecake which others had and loved and I had a hot fudge sundae that was out of this world. I was the queen for the day for having made the restaurant choice. The ambiance is particularly nice. Always full at lunch but never crowded, never noisy, always well managed and prompt service. My new favorite all over again and I've been coming to Lloyd's for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeDotDined on 9/10/2014Mac and cheese was great topped with pulled pork! Service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Great Food, Price, and ServiceLadyDDined on 8/12/2014Went for there for a birthday celebration not knowing what to expect. It was a very nice size space to be in the middle of downtown. I really liked the fact that it wasn't overly crowded and we were seated right away. The food and service was beyond phenomenal. And surprisingly, I expected the bill to be much higher than it was...but it was very reasonable. Can't wait until my next visit.Special Features:
- Great Lunch2fromtheburbsDined on 7/24/2014Lloyd's was the perfect place to meet friends and business associates for lunch. Its location is convenient being close to the Loop and to Union Station. The food quality was outstanding and the portion sizes ample and the service also very good and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnig before the showKinda0fpracticalDined on 7/9/2014Food was average to good. I had Mac and Cheese dish that was good but I just expected or had a vision of more bacon and peppers in dish per the menu description. My wife's white fish was good as well. Witer was good. The menu was a disappointment. There are so many good eateries downtown that I would take a pass on returning. Lyoyd's was good for a quick dinner before our show.Special Features:
- Before theater spotPoohDined on 7/8/2014Nice location, great food. Enjoyed watching World Cup and found friends stopping by for a couple drinks and food before the show. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Quite pleasedGoodchoiceDined on 7/2/2014We chose Lloyd's for its location and price point. We were between arrival at Oilgive and a later Broadway in Chicago performance. Lloyd's location was great and we didn't want to blow-the-bank on the meal. The bar was packed but we were one of four tables seated during the early 5 - 7 hour in the dining area. The decor is stark, but the food and service were beyond our expectations when we discovered the lack of dining customers at that hour. Our waitress was attentive and very lovely to us. The price/value ratio for the cocktails (on special for the evening) and our dinner was excellent and we were very pleased and enjoyed a leisurely meal with perfect timing for the rest of the evening.Special Features:
- It's okmonica404Dined on 6/25/2014I don't think the ambience or food is anything special here. It's all fine, but I feel like it's stuck back in the day. Not in a hurry to come back really.
- After work with a friendRFHKVIPDined on 6/19/2014I wanted to meet a friend after work that was convent to both of our jobs, and Lloyd's was the place. It's usually quiet after work, a spot where friends can catch up over dinner. We both started our meal with the split pea soup, which we have to say was outstanding, just like grandma. For our main course my friend had the walleye special and I the cedar plank salmon. Both entree's were very delicious. We would recommend either entree.Special Features:
- I love lloydseclecticDined on 6/19/2014Surprisingly inventive and tasty menu. One of my favorite lunch spots.Special Features:
- solid downtown luncheon servicemactheknifeDined on 6/11/2014want to meet for lunch, talk a little business, eat a decent meal and get good service? here you go... LLOYDSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pretheater at Civic Operahappy2findDined on 5/24/2014This is a real find for those attending Civic Opera. The location, just across the street, is perfect. The food was just delicious and the service was some of the best I've experienced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Excellent prior to performance at Lyric Opera. Wide menu selection, good value, separateSpecial Features:
- Theater convenienceAnnabelleDined on 5/24/2014We stopped at Lloyd's before going to the Lyric opera for a performance. The entire staff was friendly and the food was good and served quickly so that we would be in time for the performance. Parking was tricky to find the lot below the first time, but was worth the discount parking for the night. Would recommend for a quick bite.Special Features:
- Pre Opera only, but good value40Couplew8yroldtwinsVIPDined on 5/24/2014There's not much open on this end of the loop Saturday night for dinner within walking distance to Opera House. Next time I'd go with more lunch type food, sandwich or salad. Crabcakes were disappointing. Found them very bready, minced crab vs lump. Thought it would be a safe bet being a Catch 35 sister restaurant, maybe should've tried the fish. Service got backed up but still fine on time. Comp'd 2 cappucinos. Surprisingly reasonable prices. Entrees came with vegetable and a starch.
- great foodkitchDined on 5/24/2014If your looking for a nice restaurant near the opera house or just looking for a new place to eat downtown try LLoyds .prices are reasonable for the quality of food and a very ample wine and beer list.I noticed there were people with children and they (the staff) were very friendly to them .In all we enjoyed our evening outSpecial Features:
- The following 992 reviews are from the Lloyd's reviews archive.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Good location for seeing a show at the Civiv Opera House, but the food overall wasn't very good. For having a 'notable' seafood menu, the seafood cobb salad was full of mediocre fish. Overall pretty disappointed with the experience.
- WaitressFoodDined on 5/23/2014When we first arrived, the service was excellent. As more table filled up, our waitress was nowhere to be found. I asked for more tea and finally had to fill my glass with water. By the time she arrived with my tea, I was over it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the LyricPundaddydineDined on 5/23/2014Good food, reasonable prices, attentive service and non-rushed while still guiding us toward finishing with ample time to walk to the shown in the next block. I would definitely dine here before the show next time. Sashimi tuna was great as was my wife's Talapia. Server enjoyed his profession without being too comfy with us.Special Features:
- Lloyd's of ChicagoKoobaDined on 5/16/2014Our party of six was seated within 2 minutes of our reservation time. The attention we received from order taking to food service was excellent. We had tickets to the opera across the street as did many other patrons, so promptness was a must. Discount parking in the garage below was another draw. We've dined there previously and plan to do so again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food right by the theaterJackieDined on 5/16/2014Food was good with reasonable prices. Good location next to theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to Lyricdeaaurora8Dined on 5/16/2014Great for a pre - show dinner or drinks as well as happy hour after work! American comfort food menu. Sister restaurant is Catch 35. Our server was a little over - the - top but still a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lyric gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2014The location to the Lyric Opera House couldn't have been more perfect. We arrived very late due to traffic into the city. We called ahead to tell them we would be late and they held our table for us. When we arrived, our server gave us food recommendations that could be prepared quickly to get us to the theatre on time. The food came quickly, tasted great, and we made it to the show. The prices were remarkably reasonable for a downtown restaurant as well. I would definitely go back again when not so rushed to enjoy the atmosphere and the food to its fullest.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HardtoPleaseDined on 5/15/2014Lloyd's has been doing a great job of serving the West side of downtown for many years. They always deliver good food and service at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and OperaLyricaldinerDined on 5/10/2014We love to dine at Lloyds before or after a Lyric Opera event. It is so convenient and the food always delicious.Special Features:
- Great Spot Before Lyric OperadowntowndinerDined on 5/10/2014Arrived with only an hour to be seated, dine, and head to the Lyric Opera, and our family still enjoyed a special experience at Lloyd's, with plenty of time to arrive and be seated before the show began. This was our first experience there, and we'd highly recommend it, especially before an evening at the Lyric Opera House. The service was great - efficient yet relaxing, and our server was genuinely friendly yet professional. Each of us tried something different from the menu, and each dish was delicious - braised beef gnocchi, blackened shrimp fettuccine, steak and crab cake, prime rib, and a burger.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Our order came wrong and they had to remake my granddaughters dinner which she then had only 10 minutes to eat before we left for the show. We were absolutely clear on our order!
- Easy acces for operaDavidVIPDined on 5/10/2014We went before the sound if music, it is close to the opera, convenient and it works. Not fancy food is ok to good. Nothing wrong just a more dated place, with decent food. Price is reasonable for loop. Good choice for pre operaI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lyric and dinnerVetgroup5Dined on 5/10/2014Five of us had reservations at 5 for dinner before the Sound of Music at the Lyric. we all had great meals, apetizers were awesome (shrimp) and we enjoyed the key lime pie. Service was excellent, waiter was really great at making the changes to the dishes we ordered. We got seats by the Wacker St windows and had a great view of the Lyric. The noise level was typical of most restaraunts this size but we didnt have any problem having a great time and great conversation. Beer and wine selection was okay. We had a terrific time and scored major kudos with our spouses. And, five of us ate and drank for $200.Special Features:
- Food good, waiter service badChristineDined on 5/9/2014The busboys provided better service than our waiter did. He took our order (for drinks & dinner) approximately 12 minutes after being seated, another person served the food; when I asked if they could send our waiter over for more drinks, that never happened. I don't know if he was purposely ignoring us. I finally had to flag him down so we could get the check. He never checked to see if our food was okay or if we needed anything else. If you want decent food at a reasonable price and poor service, this is the place to go.
- Have a hamburgerIMHungryDined on 5/9/2014I was very disappointed with the entrees. I had the skirt steak. It was thin, over-marinated, and overcooked. It tasted like liver. Nothing special about the sides, bland mash potatoes and spinach. On the positive side, we had a nice, reasonably priced bottle of wine and it was close to opera house where we were seeing a play. The wait staff went out of their to make sure everyone attending the play got out on time. My advice would be to avoid the entrees and stick to the burgers.
- pam54Dined on 5/8/2014We had made a reservation for 5:15 but due to traffic had to change it to 5:45. Staff was very gracious and accommodated our request. We were seated promptly. Food was very good and served in a short amount of time after we ordered. It's a great place to eat before shows at the Lyric as Lloyd's is right across the street. Would eat there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close ByOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014We needed a place to eat that was close to the Lyric and this hit the spot. We were short on time but they got our food quickly and it was some of the best. My wife had the Mac and cheese with chicken which was excellent. I had the cake and steak which was the best of both I have had in a long time. Service was a little slower than I liked but they got us in and out in a timely fashion so we could make the play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner and a show at the LyricKrisDined on 5/6/2014WE had 7pm tickets at the Lyric, just across the street from Lloyd's so this is how we picked Lloyd's. We had a 5 pm reservation and we were able to have a leisurely dinner and arrive at the Lyric to pick up our tickets at 6:30. Our waiter wasn't terribly attentive............but he was fine as we didn't NEED a lot of attention and we think he was busy and doing his best to get others dinner before heading to the Lyric. Our food was delicious and hot. We would visit Lloyd's again!! We very much enjoyed their varied menu!!!Special Features:
- Food and noiseLK528VIPDined on 5/6/2014Seared tuna was grey. Our waiter was attentive but he said he was an actor and was quite loud. Nice voice but not in a restaurant.
- Great close to opera diningmpx4Dined on 5/3/2014We went here for dinner before going to the Opera house. Lloyd's is conveniently located. We were very pleasantly surprised by the very good food at moderate prices and the good and friendly service. I have gone here for lunch and for drinks after work before but not for dinner. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Reliably goodWilmetterVIPDined on 5/3/2014We came here before a show at the Lyric. Inspire of the fact that we were running very late, they still got us served and out in plenty of time to make the show. I had the blackened salmon with zucchini and mushroom veg side. Very good.
- Good for opera attendeesweekdaydinerDined on 5/3/2014Right across from the lyric Opera House which is convenient. Very quick service, food was just okay, nothing to special.Special Features: