Liv Restaurant - White Oaks Resort & Spa
253 Taylor Road SS4
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L2J 2V8Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Liv Restaurant - White Oaks Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.whiteoaksresort.com/liv-restaurant.html
- Phone: (905) 688-2550 ext. 5248
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast:As of Monday July 11th,2011-Monday September 5th, 2011 LIV will be serving Breakfast daily between 7:00am- 11:00am. LIV is Closed for Lunch. Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Price
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: White Oaks is pleased to offer a number of beautifully appointed banquet rooms to accommodate a variety of functions. Room selection is based on the number of guests and special requirements. White Oaks hosts a variety of wedding parties and special events throughout the year; from small, intimate parties to large affairs of up to 500 people. Whether your event is large or small, the White Oaks team of Hospitality Specialists is dedicated to the success of your event.
- Private Party Contact: Ms. Sarah Clark 9057045695
A word from Liv Restaurant - White Oaks Resort & Spa
LIV Restaurant is the award-winning, unforgettable gem, located at White Oaks Resort in Niagara on the Lake. The locally inspired wine list, lighting and music in LIV provide a fantastic backdrop to a spectacular dining experience. The service exemplifies the Four Diamond level the hotel is known for and provides for an experience truly beyond expectations. Chef Michael Price and his team have done something extraordinary. They have taken Canada’s Basic Food Guide and transformed it through international cooking styles and seasonings to create an unparalleled, globally inspired four diamond menu. All of the ingredients are natural, each one chosen for its uncompromising purity. Our team are more than willing to come out of the kitchen (time permitting) to discuss the menu or any special dietary concerns you may have. The menu changes slightly every season to take advantage of the locally grown produce that is so abundant in the Niagara Region. The atmosphere is chic/sexy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Liv Restaurant - White Oaks Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Liv Restaurant - White Oaks Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)romantic (23)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Lovely breakfast.VintageGirlDined on 11/22/2014Every attention to detail, delicious food, professional service staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liv - did not disappointHoopDined on 11/20/2014Went to Liv as part of the twice a year "Foodilicous" event run by Niagara on the Lake restaurants. This was our first time to Liv and it was tremendous. The open ambiance, while maybe a little noisy for some, was very nice. The service was tremendous for the entire evening, not too smothering but very attentive. The food was A+++ and the little palate cleansing additions between courses were very nice. The portions were certainly generous for all three courses. Liv was a terrific restaurant and the Foodilicous event is a great way to get out and try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseSweetretreatDined on 10/16/2014The restaurant was very beautiful and welcoming. Although I must agree with other reviews, not the sort of restaurant you would think you would find in a conference centre and very elaborate for a hotel restaurant. Although they have a kids menu, I don't think it is the atmosphere to bring children. The special for two is amazing value but the regular menu with gourmet food choices is a bit pricey for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectGandTDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I stayed at the White Oaks and ate at Liv for our 5 year anniversary. Liv did not disappoint us. This was our second time and it was just as good as the first time.Special Features:
- WOW!!JMMMRWAWDined on 10/10/2014We ate in LIV on Friday night...Our food and service were perfect...cannot wait to go back! We eat in Toronto a lot, and this is better then the top restaurants there!... WOW!Special Features:
- Awesome experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Friendly service and nice touch for Anniversary with the menu and the dessert. For sure l would go back and the food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Had a great time, wish we lived a little closer actually. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary to RememberHappyCouple24Dined on 9/22/2014We booked this restaurant through OpenTable and indicated it was our anniversary. The moment we arrived, the staff made us feel welcome. From the "Happy Anniversary" note in our menus, the complimentary sparkling wine to toast our special occasion, through the ample appetizer (over 30 mussels!!!) and flavorful entrees (salmon & chicken) all the way to the "fondue for 2" with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on the serving platter it was a wonderful experience. The service was so good and the background music was enjoyable...it was like we had the whole restaurant to ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service were fantastic!ccasuaguestDined on 9/11/2014It was the perfect way to start my morning! The broken eggs were delicious, and the cured salmon is the best I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savvyseniors87Dined on 9/10/2014The ambiance is simple and relaxing..the servers are friendly , helpful and efficient ....the food is excellent. What more can we ask ...??? Our Anniversary/ birthday dinner in June was a treat ..pleasant surprises from start to finish . Thank you.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentSandeKDined on 9/8/2014Beautiful restaurant with outstanding food and service. Gave complimentary sparkling wine and dessert chocolates to make our occasion even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Elegant dinner, superb service and impeccable food, lovely atmosphere. We enjoyed at lot! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Birthday DinnerLikewuteverDined on 8/31/2014It was a birthday dinner and the restaurant made it feel very special. I liked being treated with a glass of sparking wine to celebrate. The food was yummy. I had the pan seared chilean sea bass with calamari. My boyfriend had the chef's pasta special. We both really, really enjoyed the wild berry and quinoa salad. That was amazing! I'd love to make that at home. Our server - Fiona was very nice. It was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special placemichelinVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Ontario. It is expensive but all the little extras make up for it. Don't eat too much from the yummy bread basket...there is much to come that is delicious. We had a starter of a duck pizza which was very well prepared, different and delicious. The eggplant vegetarian dish with many fresh local vegetables ....I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Everyone was very pleasant, and service was good, but food was mediocre and very overpriced.
- Hot food!MikeMDined on 8/14/2014Everything came out piping hot, which seems to be a lost art these days. Service was very attentive, and food very well flavored and presented. Thursday night dinner for 2 was a surprise and a terrific value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A piece of culinary heaven!EscapeGirlVIPDined on 8/10/2014We loved everything about Liv! If you read nothing else about this review, let that sink in. Ambiance- lovely, refined, elegant! Service- OUTSTANDING! From the moment we walked in, everyone was so friendly and our waitress was perfect! Food- was exquisite from start to finish. The complimentary champagne for my birthday was a beautiful touch leading to an amuse bouche that was a perfect blend of flavors. The palate cleanser of lemon sorbet was balanced with sweet tartness. My steak was cooked to perfection and my son's sea scallops were intensely delicious. He is STILL talking about the chocolate armaggedon dessert...5 days later. The chef has a deft hand in the presentation of the plate and the perfect marriage of flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014We were in for one night as we were doing wine tours--fantastic food and service. The view from the restaurant was wonderful as well. I wouldn't necessarily stay at the White Oaks again (the rooms really smell....the 80's lingers at White Oaks) I would recommend LIV restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 255 reviews are from the Liv Restaurant - White Oaks Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- Sooooo Amazing!!JMMMRWAWDined on 7/24/2014My GF and I celebrated our anniversary....food,service ambiance were perfect!!Cant wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing DinnerMickeysfriendsDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary dinner at this restaurant. Our server, Lola, was absolutely fantastic (seriously, the best we've ever had), the manager and additional staff were equally amazing. Our dining experience with the staff and the food (we really need to know how to cook such an amazingly tasty steak that good) guarantee's us making a return visit. Our nighttime stroll lead us to the chefs garden(within the hotel grounds), his home grown herbs and veggies, further solidify our word on the delicious goodness of his menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like a King and QueenkdstDined on 7/15/2014This was our first visit to Lib and we will be back. The chef was amazing. The food was wonderful. Dinner is expensive but is worth every penny. It's the extra's that just make the expierence so much more enjoyable. The staff was attentive and friendly but not over bearing. I ordered a pasta dish that contained shrimp and asked if they could make it without the shrimp because of an allergy and it was no problem. The dish was so tasty. My husband ordered steak and crab and the waitress even came back to the table to make sure it was ok to be on his plate because of my allergy. Very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!SunshineDined on 7/13/2014I have only eaten at LIV for breakfast therefore I cannot comment on the dinner menu. It is my favourite place to go for breakfast. I love the atmosphere and the staff. The eggs benedict are by far the best I've ever eaten.Special Features:
- Food ReviewFoodReviewDined on 6/28/2014The food had no wow factor! Very bland... the service was fine - no complaints, but the quality of food based on the cost was not worth the money spent. Honestly, don't complain often but the food is not good.
- Did not meet my expectationsnowowDined on 6/28/2014I dined there on Saturday night with my spouse. No dress code seem to be in effect while items on the menu cost >S50 for a main course. It did not "wow" me as I had hoped. Service was rushed to say the least!Special Features:
- Outstanding Food & ServiceIronblueDined on 5/30/2014On the recommendation of a friend I chose Liv for a celebration of my wife's birthday. I asked, through the Open Table remarks section, that they do what they do for birthdays but to keep it simple. They did this exactly as I would have. When we wee seated we were presented with two flutes of Champagne. This was very special and romantic. The food was outstanding. My wife had the Chilean Sea Bass. It was, she said, the best fish she had ever tasted. The texture was firm but it almost melted in your mouth. I had the Angus sirloin strip. It was a huge piece of thick steak, done just as I asked and served with a Béarnaise sauce which did not smother the flavor of the tender juicy meat. The service was, what can I say, outstanding.Special Features:
- Amazing mealaledbaDined on 5/29/2014We were treated like royalty. It was my birthday and we got a few complimentary drinks to celebrate. The duck flatbread was such an interesting combo of flavours and was very well prepared. I had a mango coconut salmon that was absolutely delicious for my main. The fish melted in my mouth and the flavours were very bright and sweet. My husband had the flat iron steak - he was pleased with the rare consistency and claimed the beef was some of the best he's had. The dessert course was a chocolate fondue. I want to just live in a pool full of that fondue. Cannot wait to get married here at White Oaks!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Bison tenderloin was cooked to perfection! So tender and tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Amazing!JMMMRWAWDined on 5/17/2014Never disappoints! Food, Service are off the chart.! The small details never go unnoticed... Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional does not say it all!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014My family dines at LIV annually to celebrate my mother's birthday. We are greeted at the table with glasses of champagne to toast my mother; they put us at a table with the banquette without having to ask; our server Lola is with us every year and she knows exactly what we like and is extremely attentive and helpful. The food is always excellent and is presented beautifully. We were at the restaurant for 4 hours and enjoyed every minute! It was once again a truly exceptional experience for all of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re consider to visit againSecondtimeisbetterDined on 3/22/2014Second visit was excellent the warm friendly welcome from the front desk was excellent. Our server was a well experience lady, made an overall difference compared to our previous visit. She delivered an excellent first class service far from our first previous experience. Will consider visiting again and recommend to family and friends. The menu has not change pls consider re visiting menu. Not very attractive for us to come back. Food will not be a reason for us to come again but the staff service will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food excellent wineBelluzVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food and service was extremely good, not rushed through the courses, Pleasantly surprised with the complimentary appetizer and the palate cleanser provided. This enhanced the dining experience. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Affair5AliveDined on 3/7/2014Another celebration at one of our favorite establishments. Ruth took superb care of us as always. Some of us tried a few new dishes but will go back to old faithfuls next time. Find kids menu "good on paper" however the preparation/presentation in those meals needs to be adjusted to suit the dining demands of those intended for...the kids. Once again a memorable dining experience. Dining room manager always interacts with us to make sure things are as expected.Special Features:
- Special occasionPrimeribDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I make an annual trip to stay at the hotel and enjoy a great meal at this restaurant. The food never disappoints and the service stands out from other venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration GemPickyWineFolkDined on 2/14/2014If you're looking for a romantic get-a-way in Wine Country and you don't want to mortgage the house to pay for quality, this is your place! We have dined at Liv on multiple occasions and have never been disappointed. The ever changing menu is amazing and the local wine list meets your evey desire. And if you want to stay overnight, the White Oaks is a great place to stay. A++++++Special Features:
- great placeTraceyDined on 2/7/2014All all the food was wonderfull the service was outstanding. Please check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super fantastic brekkycookiemonsterDined on 2/1/2014Live to eat? then eat at Liv. The food is more than satisfying; it is gastrorgasmic!Special Features:
- Ahhmazing!!JMMMRWAWDined on 1/25/2014My girlfriend and I had dinner on Saturday and the service and food were amazing! All the little extras are never found in high-end restaurants in Toronto or NYC... The portions are very generous as well... would highly recommend for a date night or a special occasion... can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect End to a special occasion5AliveDined on 1/2/2014Entire family was treated to a great dining experience. Having a birthday to celebrate, everything was just right. Will continue to dine here as long as everything stays the way it is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live the good life at LivOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/5/2013Like everything else at White Oaks, Liv is special. The subtle attention to detail makes for a memorable occasion. Tucked away in the back of the Club, it is a quiet refuge of wonderful local flavours. Try Thursday Dinner for Two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable eveningluvgoodfoodDined on 11/17/2013The LIV dining experience was relaxing and very satisfying. The staff was first rate, and the food was phenomenal. LIV dining provided a wonderful evening for our birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.