1600 Wilcox Ave
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://littleforkla.com/
- Phone: 3234653675x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, French / Canadian
- Executive Chef: Jason Travi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from littlefork
littlefork Restaurant & Bar celebrates all of the amazing fare of the Atlantic Northeast. New England native, Chef Jason Travi, pays homage to the exciting cuisines from Boston to Montreal with the likes of Fresh Oysters, Mussels , a 1lb Lobster Roll, House Smoked Meats, Poutine… any many others.Continued
littlefork’s acclaimed craft bar program provides modern and classic cocktails, a wide arrange of domestic & Belgian beers, and wines perfectly selected by our Sommelier.
littlefork’s acclaimed craft bar program provides modern and classic cocktails, a wide arrange of domestic & Belgian beers, and wines perfectly selected by our Sommelier.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
littlefork - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
littlefork reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (37)great for brunch (31)special occasion (25)great for outdoor dining (24)hot spot (23)romantic (22)great for lunch (16)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (4)Show More
- SuperbTLeeLooLaVIPDined on 9/10/2014The Food was outstanding. Our server recommended plates to share between us, and was so attentive and knowledgeable about the menu, and warm and fun and thoroughly made our experience so enjoyable that we all said that we cannot WAIT to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The smellYodamanDined on 9/8/2014It was our first time eating at the restaurant. We thought the service was wonderful and the food was great however, there was this awful smell that almost ruined our first experience. The smell came at random times, so I don't know if it was coming from the kitchen and they were boiling eggs. We sat outside, but there was a weird smell in the bathroom also, the egg smell followed us when we were standing outside of the restaurant when we were trying to say our goodbyes. I do not know that if the restaurant can fix the smell, but it is possible please do. That is all that we remember, was the awful smell.Special Features:
- A Delicious SurpriseJettDined on 9/6/2014Having just moved from NY to LA, I've been checking out/comparing the food scene here. So far I'm unimpressed with the plethora of "me too" small plate restaurants that leave me feeling like I've had a stylish (but ultimately unsatisfying) food binge rather than a meal. That's why I was so delighted to discover Littlefork. Despite offering yet another "little dish" menu, every item we ordered was spectacular. It's the first restaurant (among the likes of AOC, Animal, Republique, Osteria Mozza, etc.) to which I plan to return soon. The lobster pasta and heirloom tomato salad were especially memorable, prices are reasonable, and there is even wiggle room between tables so you can breathe deeply, relax, and enjoy the dining experience fully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014I've been to Littlefork many times but this evening was particularly pleasant, as I was able to catch up with a good friend over a delicious meal. We were seated out on the terrace, which was ideal as we had a lot of talking to do. Service and food were excellent, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concept, ok executionvalleyfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Friendly service and clean, open design, which was nice on a hot summer evening. The menu had a lot cool-looking dishes, but the food itself could have been a bit better. For example, the pork belly was mostly a thick strip of fat that was too tough to even chew, let alone swallow. The pickled eggs, polenta, maple eggs, short ribs and chicken mousse were tasty individually, but they add a lot of sugar, which made everything kind of taste the same. I ordered a vodka & grapefruit but asked if the bartender could jazz it up with a splash of something extra for fun, and the waiter said no... which I thought was odd for a place that has a trendy artisan cocktail menu. Not terrible, but we probably won't make a special point of going back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemEatsOutAlotVIPDined on 8/22/2014Here's a great Hollywood restaurant with interesting food, especially the different pickles at they serve at the beginning of the meal. There are also wonderful smoke foods that are just heaven along with interesting specials.Special Features:
- CvcliffVIPDined on 8/16/2014We dined at littlefork prior to a show at Hotel Cafe and had a great dinner. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Very niceMVanDined on 8/15/2014Second time in a week. Some things were very good (halibut, toasts, duck poutine, steak tartare) and others were just ok (lobster roll- mayonnaise?, mussels- tiny). The old fashion cocktail is great! Servers ok but try too hard and cliche..... Relaxed would be better. Need much better coffee!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday ever!AcumommaFoodpicksDined on 8/14/2014Our group of 5 started at the bar for oyster hour and enjoyed a cocktail and their famous maple eggs and a dozen oysters ($18)! We then moved to the dining room for dinner. Excellent service - delicious small plates, east coast inspired- highlights: moules, brisket with coffee mustard, Malbec oysters, corn salad, and we ordered all four dessets on the menu and were delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014I highly recommend the bottomless brunch. The punch very good!Special Features:
- (Almost) bottomless brunchHistoricalfoodie5Dined on 8/3/2014The food and drinks were great, and the menu was innovative, sophisticated but still approachable. However, the staff seemed to be scrambling around a bit as they were out of quite a few things on the menu and apparently were understaffed. I'd love to go back...hopefully next time they'll be on their A game because Little Fork seems like a great neighborhood spot. The Hasty Pudding was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!RobertCDined on 7/30/2014Went with a friend for dinner. Had the oysters, chicken liver mousse, sun chokes, halibut, and the duck confit. Everything was delicious! We tried a few of their cocktails for which they apparently are well known for. The drinks were alright but I found them to be a little more novelty than life-changing. The ambiance was romantic on the outdoor patio. We went on a Wednesday night and it wasn't too busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014great fries in a maple syrup can! food was okay. ambiance was very relaxing and casualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little on the fork, large on taste!RILEYVIPDined on 7/25/2014Littlefork opened in my neighborhood a little while ago and I have been dying to try it. DineLA week brought about the perfect opportunity. We went on Friday night were surprised to so easily both get and change our reservations. The service seemed to be running a bit slow, in fact, even our waiter apologized and said he did not understand why our food took so long (especially since the table next to us already had their second courses and we had been there since their predecessors were eating dessert). That being said, the food was all worth the wait and all the waitstaff was incredibly friendly (with the exception of the ditzy, too-busy-texting-to-be-bothered hostess), whom never did return to light our candle. Would return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic tapas restaurantBronwynDined on 7/22/2014All around great experience here! Great, food, great service, great ambiance. The staff was super friendly and really knew the menu well. Our favorites were the steak main course and the trout app.Special Features:
- awesomeVIPDined on 7/20/2014Such a cute hip lil plc. It has a Lil bit of a cabin feel maybe Cuz of the name(littlefork:maple syrup?) &the lumber used in the bar area. The staff is so friendly I would def go again for brunch..their menu isn't big so not much options,but for the bottemless mimosa,&bloody mry/larry for 12 w\entree is delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Terrible Service.PashaVIPDined on 7/19/2014We've been here a ton of times and the food is outstanding, however, the service is very hit or miss. Our evening started out great, our server was very friendly and went over the menu. Once we ordered our food & drinks, everything went downhill. We got our first two courses within 10-15mins, but didn't get the rest until 45mins later (after having to tell a food runner that we wanted to cancel our order and get the check if the food was not being prepared). Our sever finally showed up and told us the kitchen was backed up because "they have to cook food everyone's order". Totally unacceptable. What made it even worse is our server didn't check in with us once since we ordered while the couple next were getting the full royalty treatment.
- Ok food, manager with bad attitudeLuv2eatDined on 7/19/2014Ordered Scotch flight to drink explaining I did NOT want anything with a "peaty" taste. Manger brought flight with one of them being peaty!! He then gave ME attitude that it was not peaty. Ugh. He begrudgingly brought me another flight. One was STILL peaty. Seriously!!! He Never came over to apologize NOR did they comp my wine. Oh Well. Brussell Sprouts Great!! Maple egg thing so so. Steak,fatty. Brisket though it had a great taste was fatty. Duck was dry with strange presentation, the body w/o wings & legs, in the middle of plate, by itself. The pickled beets they give you were Very good. It's nice & close to the Pantages Theatre, where we were headed but honestly, no desire to go back. Bonus - our waiter was Really great.
- Blown AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/17/2014I was not expecting very much walking into a non descript concrete building in the middle of Hollywood, but once I walked in . . . WOW! The design a bit whimsical and the menu just as fun. The food was delicious. Our table share each plate and did not have one bad dish. The stand outs were the brussel sprouts, the chicken live and their homemade brisket. There is a great cocktail menu to kick it all off.Special Features:
- Full thumbs up from a Canadian!!GirlyCanuckDined on 7/16/2014Fantastic food and even better service. The short ribs Poutine is a must!! As a Canadian I couldn't help but notice all the subtle hints of the great north in the menu and decor! We were short on time waiting to catch a show and our server was so understanding and helpful, he really made our night. And of course, the cocktails were amazing too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greattammyVIPDined on 7/12/2014All around great food, atmosphere and friendly staffSpecial Features:
- A Bit of An Off Night, Service-wiseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014I'm a regular customer who sometimes dines alone--which was the case on July 5th. I wouldn't say I was ignored, but despite the fact that the restaurant was half-full the service wasn't great. The weirdest part was ordering a margarita and getting something dark that tasted like bourbon. The waitress said I had been given a "classic daiquiri," but I know what's in those, and rum never tastes like bourbon. She did switch my order to wine--I wasn't taking any chances with the bartender. The food--6 oysters and the grilled chicken--was very good, but at $52 for the meal (and a single glass of wine), overpriced.Special Features:
- A great experience!dtlaexplorerVIPDined on 7/3/2014We go out a lot. This fit the need for what we were in the mood for on a Thursday night. Not too busy or noisy. Quaint. Great food, and good service. Very interesting menu where nothing we tried wasn't excellent. Patio seating was comfortable on a mild night. Overall - a totally great experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- So wonderful!Foodie82Dined on 6/30/2014Came here this week for my boyfriends birthday party. We brought around 13 people and had a truly wonderful time. Our server was attentive, funny and made great recommendations. I have celiac and he made an effort bring me some delicious raspberries and chocolate so that I could have something to eat during the dessert portion of the meal. So appreciated!! The ambiance was beautiful and the food amazing. I'll definitely be suggesting Little Fork to my friends as well as come back often myself!Special Features:
- Great new findChazDined on 6/29/2014Great new find in Hollywood! Came here with a friend for brunch. Very innovative menu but something for everyone. The $12 add-on for bottomless mimosa to the entree is a great deal and this restaurant is ideal for a brunch of a couple or larger group of friends. If you go on Sunday, you can walk a block over and go through the Farmer's Market.Special Features:
- FreshearldomVIPDined on 6/28/2014What a nice and fresh concept...Canadian and New England food combined to make some great food. We had a group of 5, so we had the opportunity to sample a wide variety from the menu. Everything was excellent, a rarity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in the neighborhoodOwlJohnDined on 6/27/2014I love everything about this place. Great cocktails, simple, delicious food and attentive yet relaxed service. Can't wait to go back and try the brunch menu.Special Features:
- Oasis of interesting foodSCarrollDCVIPDined on 6/21/2014downtrodden neighborhood, great new spot for quirky, good food.Special Features:
- Great findLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 6/21/2014Handsome, yet simple and sparse decor, amazing menu if mainly small plates, all taste discoveries, excellently prepared and presented. Great service and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeArrostoDined on 6/20/2014We went the other night and everything was amazing. The burrata was awesome as was the poutine with short ribs. Make sure to try the brisket but really everything on the menu is a winner. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Unexpected SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2014The service was hospitable and very efficient. The food was absolutely delicious and the drinks were strong and clever.Special Features:
- Hip, but not too hipsmazz309Dined on 6/19/2014I brought an aunt and uncle visiting from out of town here. When we first walked in and I heard the music piped in I thought I may have been a little ambitious about the level of noise and general hipness that my midwestern relatives were prepared to accommodate. My concerns were unfounded though, as the hostess seated us in a relatively calm enclosed patio, the waiter walked us through the menu of excellent, shareable small plates, and checked back with us several times to clear plates and make sure everything was okay. Both salads (an asparagus and a kale) were delicious, and I wish we had ordered about four more helpings of the beef brisket. In fact, everything we tried was well above average. I would recommend it to just about anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canadian Inspired!JonnyDined on 6/18/2014Overall, the food and atmosphere was good. The service wasn't up to par with the restaurant but wasn't horrible. Loved the maple eggs and the steak tartare was great too!Special Features:
- Brilliant.AkiraNighthorseDined on 6/17/2014I love LittleFork, I've been a few times now. I try to order something different each time. The staff remembers me despite having only been three times, they are super friendly, offer recommendations and advice when indecision rears its head.Special Features:
- Excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Took hubby here for Dad's day and the oysters did their trick ;-) Great drinks too and the recommend the lobster roll for lunch or dinner. Its small plates, which we love, so would also be fun with more people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colby is AN EXCELLENT SERVER!!jasonvincentDined on 6/15/2014OUTSTANDING!! the vibe was good and they responded very well by seating no child tables away from child tables!Special Features:
- Great joint off the beaten pathhobbesLAVIPDined on 6/15/2014This is a surprising but welcome addition to the neighborhood. There are some great hits on this menu, though you're bound to come across a miss or two. The cocktails -- including the unique Bloody Larry -- are really delicious. You better stop by for a meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/8/2014The oyster special is hard to beat! And $12 for unlimited mimosas, bloodies, or their special punch is one of the best brunch specials I've found. Portions are a little on the small side, but the food is delicious. This was my second time at Littlefork, and it won't be my last!Special Features:
- Nice ambience, but that was alldanajustdanaVIPDined on 6/7/2014I've wanted to try this place for a while, and walked in to a fabulous looking bar, one that you'd want to hang out in for a while. I was excited to try the food, but it turned out to be just "so what". Too bad. The poutine came last, *after* steak and duck! and it was just way too late and way too heavy. Didn't try dessert. :(
- I LOVE LITTLEFORKDelShoresDined on 6/1/2014A perfect place to take out of town guests! I go there often. The small dishes are just amazing and the staff is so friendly! GO!Special Features: