Little Venice Restaurant
111 Chenango St.
Binghamton, NY 13901Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Little Venice Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.littlevenicerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6077242513
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private room seats up to 40 people. We are more than happy to offer your guests our entire menu or work with you to setup a limited menu. We offer the private room free of charge, but do require a credit card number to hold the reservation.
- Private Party Contact: Gina Lisio 6077242513
A word from Little Venice Restaurant
Welcome to the home of Binghamton's original Italian eatery, Little Venice Restaurant. Since 1946, Little Venice has been serving authentic Italian dishes to Greater Binghamton. Little Venice prides itself on its original family recipes, specializing in homemade pasta, a variety of Italian and American entrées and most notably our famous homemade tomato sauce. The sauce recipe is a guarded family secret only known to 3 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Little Venice Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (18)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (8)romantic (6)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014It was my wife's birthday and we chose to go to the Venice as we always enjoy our family time together there. There were 7 adults and a baby. Our food was great, the waitress very nice, and the dessert wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Little Venice never fails to satisfy. One of our favorite spots for over fifty years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go backGlfngalVIPDined on 8/16/2014Maybe I had different expectations.. But the only thing I can say I liked was the price. Portions are big but I thought the cold dry bread, avg pasta and red sauce horrible. Way too sweet, and the other marinara over powering green pepper flavor. Not my kinda place.
- wonderful find in BingimtonToyspanielDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food and service from the wait staff. Fettachini was terrific. Meat sauce ...yummmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodsnowhawkeDined on 8/10/2014The only flop we ever had there was the calimari All of our out of town pals always want to go back for the other foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and service.rwrbwilliamsDined on 8/9/2014The service was very friendly here and the food was fantastic! I would highly recommend the garlic knots for an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian FareGaillinDined on 8/3/2014We come back again and again. This is THE place to go for Italian food. This is the ONLY place I can go for Italian that doesn't play havoc with red gravy and my stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent, very reasonable pricespragmatistDined on 8/2/2014Let me first say, the homemade pasta is outstanding. The sauce is a little too sweet for my taste but different and some may love it. The sausage wasn't impressive, it's ok. Our service (two people, late 20's, very well dressed) was subpar. She paid huge attention and displayed a wonderful charm with the table of 6 (from out of town)next to us. We didn't get that kind of service. Spilled beer on me and didnt apologize, handed me the check on the way out of the bathroom. I've worked for tips for years and you can't profile that way when the place isn't even close to busy. I get that our bill wasn't going to be 150$, but that's not the point. Maybe she was new, but I doubt it.... She got 15% (my lowest), would have got 30% with any effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade Pasta deightRKvHDined on 8/2/2014While travelling to Ithaca, we found Little Venice using the OpenTable iOS App. Besides the usual Italian dishes, they had a unique idea of letting you create a meal by selecting the type of pasta, the cut, the type of sauce, and the extras. This made it easy for my wife and I to both create a dish we wanted. The pasta is made fresh every day, and it shows. The sauce was very good, and the service was friendly. We both order "half" portions of the pasta, and I couldn't finish my portion. A full portion would have left me with supper for 2 days. W didn't try the deserts, but the looked good. I would go back to sample more of their food in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies night outBankertechDined on 8/1/2014Three long-time friends getting together for dinner. Seated promptly. Waitress was very friendly but never intrusive. Salads were ordinary but tasty. We all choose pasta for dinner. Homemade with house sauce. Love the Pasta Lovers Dream option when you just can't make up your mind what to have because it's all just so good. Manicotti, which was crepe style. Lasagna. Spaghetti with their famous meat logs. Everything was delicious. Portions were extremely generous so boxes were taken home. Large and busy dining room but private conversations were still possible. Have never been disappointed at Little Venice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in BinghamtonKennyPowersDined on 7/5/2014Food is perfect. Service is fast. Prices are great. Outstanding wine menu. Best sauce in history. Meatlogs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerssbn626bDined on 7/2/2014Always take my Mom here (her favorite) when I get back to Binghamton, this time for her birthday. I love the homemade pasta and sauce, not to mention the meat logs and wine.Special Features:
- Great! As usual.lovesspaghettiDined on 6/14/2014I have been going to Little Venice for as long as I can remember. I have never been disappointed. The food is always delicious and authentic. The service is prompt and friendly. My children love this restaurant and I hope to be a customer for many years to come.Special Features:
- DisappointingNYDinnersVIPDined on 6/8/2014This was on a Sunday, and the first time that one of our guests returned their dinner. She had ordered chicken alfredo, and it was terrible, looked like it was rewarmed and gloppy
- over done nad bad shrimpChasDined on 6/6/2014My wife ordered the shrimp parmesan and her shrimp was overcooked and she had a bathroom issue during the night after, Been to your restaurant many times and was very surprised Charlie Austin.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner placeFoodiecoupleDined on 5/24/2014Food was amazing. Pasta is made fresh, sauce was sweet and different but very tasty. Food altogether was awesome. Service was great. Look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Binghamton traditionOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/16/2014We had dinner here during graduation weekend. The food is traditional American-Italian, with chicken parmigiana a specialty. My husband had a parmigiana sampler plate and said the chicken was the best of three (others were meatball and sausage). My eggplant parmigiana was excellent. The pasta side dishes tasted homemade, with fresh-tasting sauce. The down sides? Very few vegetarian options, sad iceberg lettuce with too much dressing as a salad, and too-big portions. Service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014This is our second visit to Little Venice and was just as good as our first time. The food is very nice and the staff is attentive and personal. It has become a local favorite when visiting our Binghamton University daughter. We look forward to our next visit to Little Venice.Special Features:
- The following 25 reviews are from the Little Venice Restaurant reviews archive.
- familygirlDined on 4/19/2014We had a large party of 13 people. This restaurant has very little room in the main dining rooms for large parties. The food was excellent and our server was very good as well. Overall it was a very good experience except that it is so crowded and that evening there was a family who were letting their children run around and scream. They were only there for about half of our visit so that was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old favorite in townFamilytraveler123Dined on 4/4/2014Very busy and nice place which obviously is a favorite in town. Lots of families, groups celebrating occasions and couples if all age groups. Service was very good. Food was just okay though. I was excited for the homemade pasta. However, what went with it was bland. Prices were very reasonable. I would try again. It was packed and has a good reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group diningbgmDinerDined on 3/28/2014A nice, friendly atmosphere with very good down to earth food. Wait staff were excellent and very accommodating to any need. A great spot to sit and chat and feel right at home. Cozy and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good reason it's a "must do"KenwoodVIPDined on 3/25/2014Take it from a foodie who's been going there for about 40 years, simply put, it's a true experience. Little Venice defines an Italian restaurant in the US. Homemade pasta, meat "logs," (their version of a large meatball), and a sweet sauce that hundreds of people "take out" every week. Not bad for a wonderfully quaint sit-down restaurant on the verge of town. It's actually next to a Greyhound bus station. You couldn't make that up in a million years. I hit it whenever I travel to Binghamton, NY, and stashed four quarts of frozen sauce in my luggage - to bring home on the plane last night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Carafe of WineHomerDined on 2/20/2014Looking for a local experience while in Binghamton I learned of Little Vencie I was surprised how large the restaurant is and how busy on a winter weeknight. I opted for the homemade pasta and let the waitress make the selections for me. Immediately you knew the food was homemade as advertised, tasty but simple. Being with a group 7 we opted for a Carafe of wine. We were delighted to learn that the carafe was made of pottery and contained very nice wine drawn from a Keg. I would like to return and try the pizza and ravioliSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for routine dinnersCas9VIPDined on 12/15/2013Food and service were ok but this restaurant was nothing special. Service was a little abrupt. Avoid the cappuccino.Special Features:
- Excellent ValueNYDinnersVIPDined on 11/20/2013Food is always very good. Tomato sauce & homemade pasta is exceptional!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always another great meal!HugeFanVIPDined on 10/18/2013We went to celebrate my birthday and we were not disappointed. We love the sauce, we always buy some to take home. The pizza was good and the homemade spaghetti was cooked perfectly. You cannot go wrong eating at Little Venice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SWEET thick sauceOhYummVIPDined on 10/10/2013The "fresh" homemade pasta was HARD to swallow. Not that it was undercooked hard. It was stale dough hard. My ravioli was a hockey pick. The sauce hac a cup of sugar in it. My husbands meet logs were just ok. Since every other italian makes meatballs perhaps they should reconsider their design and recipe. That salad did have fresh ingrediants though. I guess if your in this area check out trip advisor and pick one of the better rated restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Always ExcellentNYDinnersVIPDined on 9/22/2013Pasta is always excellent, as is the tomato sauce. And it's especially helpful that Little Venice is open on Sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classic cuisinerufferDined on 9/6/2013This local landmark is a gem that never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereRB1963Dined on 9/1/2013Never disappointed at Venice. Food and service is top notch. Excellent wine choices and food varieties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but very busy!EdgeDined on 5/12/2013I enjoyed my first visit on Mother's Day. My wife was given a free paisley plant and the prices were excellent! The manicotti was a huge success and I loved the Chicken Pizzaoili. Tons of mushrooms and the service was extremely fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Venice is always good.NYDinnersVIPDined on 4/28/2013Little Venice is always good. Service is always excellent. The sauce and homemade pasta are the best!!Special Features:
- Great food, decent prices,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013Great food, decent prices, and great atmosphere. If you're in Binghamton check out Little Venice.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2013We have been dining at Little Venice for years! It is our favorite (and our kids' too) place for Italian comfort food! From start to finish, the bread, the salad with house dressing; and then the pasta is perfect! I am partial to the ravioli parmigiana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoy Little Venice forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013I enjoy Little Venice for it's classic Italian feel. The wine list is expansive, and the dishes cover the great points of Italian cooking. I would have liked slightly more courteous service, but it didn't affect the evening. They also have wonderful Gelato.Special Features:
- Excellent as always. I loveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Excellent as always. I love the having the ability to schedule my reservation on-line! Little Venice is always one of my first choices for a evening out,Special Features:
- South Philly "gravy" in Binghamton2ralphsVIPDined on 2/23/2013We discovered this place while visiting Binghamton for the first time. What a great find! As soon as we walked in I knew this was the "real deal" for Italian dining. And we were not disappointed with the food or the service. I was the sole wine lover in our group and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality for the price of my choice. The tweener in our group had two pieces of the excellent lemon meringue pie for dessert (!). I am seriously considering going back to Binghamton just to dine at this restaurant. I am dreaming about that red sauce as I write this..... We're from Philly, so we know our Italian restaurants, and this one could easily be in "souphilly"!Special Features:
- Food arrived barely warm.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2013Food arrived barely warm. One dish was overcooked and dried out. Have been going to LV for over 40 years, but the last 2 visits were horrible. Service was slow and not attentive at all. Called the next day to alert them of our experience and they could care less.
- Little Venice is iconic andJsowkaDined on 11/21/2012Little Venice is iconic and likely the best that you will find in Binghamton. I will always try to find time for dinner at Little Venice whenever I am in Binghamtom.Special Features:
- Love there garlic knots andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Love there garlic knots and there sauce. Interesting how they make there meat'logs' Would go again . A Binghamton favorite.