3811 Clairmont Avenue
Birmingham, AL 35222Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.littlesavannah.com/
- Phone: 2055911119x
- Hours of Operation:
WE ARE NOW OPEN ON MONDAYS!!!
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Bar opens at 3:45pm daily featuring bar specials!
We are closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Clifton Holt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From business dinners and birthday parties to rehearsal dinners and wedding showers, Little Savannah can accommodate any occasion. We offer a variety of off-premise catering venues and menu options and work on an individual level to help create your personalized event. Contact 205-591-1119 for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Main Dining Room is available to rent for private dining events on week nights and weekends. We are closed on Sundays and Mondays which allow us to have the entire restaurant available. Wedding Receptions are welcome. We cater off site as well.
- Private Party Contact: Maureen Holt 2055911119x
- Special Events: To view upcoming special menus, visit the following link: http://www.littlesavannah.com/uploads/specialmenus.pdf
Tuesday Nights come join us for 'Tuesday Tini's' for specialty hand crafted cocktails!
Every Third Friday of the month Forest Park merchants participate in "Third Friday in the Park." Stores remain open late (8pm) and we always have a special libation menu.
2013 Wednesday nightx we will be hosting our Community Farm Table dinners. $35 prix fixe—meet and greet with the week’s featured local farmer/ purveyor and chef. Everyone sits at the same table with friends both new and old. All reservations will be taken in-house.
A word from Little Savannah
Maureen and Clif Holt welcome you to Little Savannah Restaurant and Bar, a unique Southern Bistro located in the heart of Forest Park Village where locals and travelers alike enjoy our distinctive hospitality daily. From fresh locally-grown Alabama produce to one-of-a-kind cocktails, Little Savannah has made its mark as one of Birmingham"s finest restaurants. Enjoy supper in one of the quaint dining rooms or pull up a chair at the bar and spend some time with the locals. In warm weather months, dine out back on the wooden deck beside Maureen's back of the house garden. She grows berries, herbs, and even has a concord grape vine. Meat and produce from farmers across North Alabama help "keep it local," along with fresh, seasonal libations and work from featured local artists hanging on the walls. The dinner menu changes daily to highlight the freshest local ingredients and the award-winning wine list compliments each dish. Join us tonight and see why the locals "feel right at home."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Little Savannah - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Little Savannah reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (53)special occasion (35)romantic (34)good for groups (16)notable wine list (11)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Nice little neighborhood restaurant. Seasonal, local food prepared with attention to detail and thoughtful pairings. Noise levels a little high but seating well planned and almost mitigates the noise.Special Features:
- the staff can make it fail-food ArefdocDined on 9/12/2014-- it has gotten noisier as the bar folks get a bit to much and no one quiets them down, this time we asked for plates to split the shrimp and grits and never came, asked for more bread, never came, the grit color this week was dark-- not informed of this change in grits and just not attentive as seemed to be short of detail this day for a meal for 2 over $130 I would and do expect more.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014This is by far the worst restaurant I've been to in Birmingham..completely overpriced and the food was terrible!! Do not go here!!
- Little SavannahOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Had a great evening at Little Savannah. Started with chicken liver appetizer that was outstanding for taste and presentation. Entrees were Snapper and Shovelnose Lobster. Both were very good/great presentation; wife thought portion size was a bit small with lobster dish. Service was very good per usual. Hope to visit again soon.Special Features:
- ExcellentSouthernfoodieDined on 8/29/2014I haven't been to Little Savannah in awhile but nothing has changed- and that is a good thing. Forgot how much I LOVE the Spicy Peach Margarita and the complimentary cornbread. Fried chicken was on the menu and it was coated just right. Not heavy battered or overcooked. Derrick, our server, is very professional and attentive with a huge smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014First time and won't be the last. Service was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- laid back, homey and Good!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Service is friendly and efficient, the food well constricted and very tasty. It's a very comfortable and neighborly place to eat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014good food. good service. nice ambience. the craft cocktails are really special! the ingredients were all fresh and perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrequentSimpleDined on 8/19/2014Very enjoyable ford at a casual location. Perfect for a unplanned eveningSpecial Features:
- DeliciousktempDined on 8/16/2014We love Little Savannah! Friendly service and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulalbertDined on 8/16/2014We love Little Savannah, and have never been disappointed. Food is always incredible. Atmosphere is comfortable, fun and open. Service is attentive, professional and tends to come with a sense of humor. All wonderful. All the time.Special Features:
- Dine out oftenocdinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014My grown daughter and I just had dinner at Little Savannah and loved it....The service was fun and knowledgeable. The cocktails super tasty and our dinner fresh, seasoned well and interesting....BEST PART...the Cinnamon Churros with Caramel Dip. Oh my gosh. Called everyone to tell them we just had the best dessert ever and we dine out often. Live in California but will be a fan for live when visiting.
- Great Food, Need Valet Servicecooks4uVIPDined on 8/15/2014Little Savannah is one of our favorite restaurants in Birmingham. Its great food and friendly atmosphere make it a wonderful evening out for any occasion. As of late, parking has become an issue. The restaurant used to have valet service. I don't know if they lost their valet lot, or cost increases have just prohibited that service, but they haven't offered valet on our last several visits and parking has been horrible as we've had to literally park blocks away in an area that we didn't feel comfortable at all walking to after dark. I sincerely hope valet service returns soon.Special Features:
- If I had to pick my last meal-BigSavannahFan24Dined on 8/14/2014If I had to pick my last meal, I would want it from Lil Savannah. Great food, cozy space, polite & smart service make it a great evening time after time. But, it is the food the makes Lil Savannah so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop in! Worth the visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014My husband and I were both pleased with our drinks and dinner. I would have liked to try their specialty drinks but we were just passing through Birmingham. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious an FriendlyTomGDined on 7/29/2014We had a wonderful dinner the other night before going to a play at Little Savannah. The food was delicious (I had the roast duck which was excellent.) The staff was also very friendly and accommodating. Our group had a play to get to so our dining time was limited. The staff worked with us to ensure that our meal was prompt and we couldn't have had a nicer time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMarkDined on 7/28/2014Martinis are great. Duck was amazing. Service was fantastic. There's no way you can go wrong here. You will leave perfectly happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014The food was very good, and the restaurant atmosphere was not loud, making it a great experience for visiting and conversation during our meal. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- lndshrkDined on 7/24/2014One of my favorite places to dine. Seldom if ever disappointing, and always welcoming and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than we could ask forLatinaDinesOutDined on 7/21/2014They were extremely accommodating to some of our special needs, which was excellent to us. The food was amazing! Simplicity and deliciousness at its best. The service was impeccable. We were there for a special occasion and know we'll be back again with friends for the pure enjoyment of great food in wonderful ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, ok foodFoodmanDined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is in a good part of town. Down side, no parking at all and no valet. We looked for 20 min for a spot and almost left because of it. Got inside and the place has a wonderful atmosphere. We were handed 3 or 4 menus with the focus on drinks. Preface: we were starving and ready to eat something now! I finally had to ask to order. The waitress, god bless her, literally went through every single menu item. My wife loves this but because I eat our nearly every night truly disappointed me because I knew what I wanted. I'm not in elementary school. Anyway, the food came out, with drinks before and during (drinks got to us very quickly was a huge plus!). My pork chop was overcooked but I ate it. Wife's food, she says, was good. No moSpecial Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014The food at Little Savannah was delicious! The wine was perfect! But the service was poor. The waiter made us feel rushed at first and then when we were ready to order, we couldn't find him. At any other top restaurant in the city, the waiter knows the food, can tell you about the food, how the food is prepared..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay PlacedcmgrDined on 7/7/2014The food was okay; not memorable. Service was very good and an okay place if you are in the neighborhood I suppose; can be a romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantlocalomnivoreDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I come back again and again to this restaurant for special dates. It has continued to be our favorite for five or six years. We have never found an item on the menu that was poorly made. Even foods that we don't like elsewhere we like the way they make them here. We like the emphasis on sourcing the food locally when they can. You can taste the freshness. They do not have loud music to make you feel hurried. The waiters are there when you need them but they don't hover over you. We go there to ENJOY a meal. We will sit and relax and enjoy a meal for an hour and a half to two hours. Awesome restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servings the right sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Delicious food with regular size portions. Just the right ammount of food. Waiter very helpful with my food allergy. So nice not to have to dress up to go out for fine food. Yummy cocktails.Special Features:
- Will not be dissapointed!lepbuddyDined on 6/16/2014I have eaten here several times and it is delicious consistently! The service could not be better - just the right amount of interaction & attention. The ambiance is cozy and eclectic and it's the perfect little upscale, neighborhood restaurant. Not pretentious at all and anything goes with regard to dress - jeans or dinner jackets. One of my upscale favorites in B'ham!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/11/2014Very attentive service, slight issue with over-billing on a beverage -corrected. Food was very good and well presentedSpecial Features:
- Great for group celebrationAnnotatedDined on 6/9/2014Our group of 6 gets together to celebrate birthdays and Little Savannah is always a great spot for us. The staff is engaging and handles all of our substitutions to the menu without a problem. We had great wine at a very reasonable price. All goodSpecial Features:
- Amazing Food, Service & Ambience!NorAlpashDined on 6/9/2014We were looking for a place to celebrate our anniversary while we were in Birmingham (for a chemo treatment the following day) & preferred somewhere that used local farms & produce, & it certainly fit the bill. We were immediately impressed by the coziness of the space & friendliness of the staff (& even the other patrons)... comfortably upscale but not certainly not stuffy! After seating us, our host & server offered a complimentary glass of champagne, allowed time to look over the menu, then explained each dish in detail. The food was incredible...from the spicy corn muffins to the entrees, drinks & dessert. Yes, it was a little pricey, but I don't mind paying a little more for extraordinary, locally grown food & exceptional service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPastfanDined on 6/6/2014I have eaten here on several occasions and had good service and good food but ate there last Friday and the whole experience was awful! Our server made the statement like " I feel you are waiting on me to tell you what to order". The restaurant was not crowded, yet it took awhile after drinks were ordered before they arrived at the table. The duck was overcooked, too salty , the grits with the pork chop were excessively over salted and the tenderloin was bland. The churros for dessert were the size of piece of chalk again with too much salt. The meal was over $200.00 and you would have expected a better meal at that price. The do not believe that Cliff or Maureen were there that night. will not be back
- A few tweaks away from perfect!ZNACDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I visited Little Savannah for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. The food, service and wine list was excellent, though my f Beef filet was a bit chewy for tenderloin. Our only complaint was it is a bit noisy which made conversation difficult. Perhaps they need add some soft surfaces! This will not stop us from coming back though, and we recommmend this jewel of a restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 397 reviews are from the Little Savannah reviews archive.
- Good food, but very small portionsStillHungryDined on 5/11/2014Our family enjoyed the food, but felt that the portions were unusually small. My husband said,"Well, where should we go to eat after this." The prices were high for the portions, but the food was well-prepared.
- Best find of our Alabama tripfoodnwinepassionVIPDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I took a week to play the Robert Trent Jones Trail. Needed to come up with a solid mother's day foodie play. She is still talking about it. Great food, great service. If we lived in the area we would be a regular.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealOneSmallBirdDined on 5/10/2014Can't believe we've lived and worked around this place for 20 years and not discovered it. We planned an early dinner to make the theater, so restaurant was just picking up steam when we left at 7:30 PM. 6:00 PM reservation made access easy. Staff was delightful and pleasant from the reservation to departure. Such a nice place we wanted to hang out and chat. Food was excellent. Try the catfish and grits if it is available. Pork Rilliets (ree-aay) was a first for us. Very flavorful. Ask for extra bread. You will want to eat every last bite. We will definitely return and bring along another couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDiningelsewhereDined on 5/5/2014The owners and staff are friendly and deserve better from what ever was the problem. We have eaten there twice and both times there are clearly "in" customers and "out" customers. It's a neighborhood eatery and if you live there I suspect you are treated better. Our food was an hour in coming and sub par when it got there. I'll not eat there again, but if I was asked, I would recommend taking a local with you, or dine elsewhere.
- Great birthday celebrationAnnotatedDined on 4/28/2014In our reservation, I let Little Savannah know that we were celebrating 2 birthdays. We arrived to celebratory glasses of champagne which set a great tone for the evening. I had also let the restaurant know that 2 of the diners were on fairly restrictive food programs (no fat, carbs or sugars) and our waiter had two suggestions from the chef to meet our needs. It was a relaxing evening with great food and a welcoming atmosphere. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysgatsby11Dined on 4/22/2014I've been to Little Savannah on multiple occasions and have always had a great meal. This time I had the shrimp and grits to start and the lamb for dinner. Both were perfectly prepared and in proper portions. Service was great, made you feel like you were a guest in their own home. I used to live close enough to walk there and now eat there every time that I'm back in Birmingham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will go againOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2014This restaurant is for those that care more about the food than ambience. The wait staff is pleasant and efficient and we are going again for sure!! The serving sizes are also great - not too much - just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we gave brunch a second chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014Easter brunch was excellent. The food and service were just right. We went to a Sunday brunch a couple of years ago and waited a very long time for our food. I'm glad we gave Little Savannah a second chance. I hope they will open for Sunday brunch on other special occasions.Special Features:
- Very good just not enough foodTroytravelsDined on 4/20/2014Food was excellent but portions so small most were still hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.