Little River Inn Restaurant
7901 Highway One
Little River, CA 95456Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Little River Inn Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.littleriverinn.com/
- Phone: (707) 937-5942
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: M-Sa 8:00am-10:30am
Breakfast: Su 8:00am-12:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 6:00pm-8:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 6:00pm-8:30pm
Brunch: Sa 8:00am-10:30am
Brunch: Su 8:00am-12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Dym
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Little River Inn boasts inspirational ocean views from both our conference facilities and guest rooms. Your meeting or event will be expertly handled by dedicated innkeepers whose family has been hosting guests for nearly a hundred years.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Ivankay 7079622197
A word from Little River Inn Restaurant
Family hospitality meets fine cuisine at this landmark coastal resort. Looking out upon magnificent ocean and garden views, Little River Inn is well known for its comfortable atmosphere and enticing fresh local fare. Executive Chef Marc Dym creates dishes that are at once familiar and modern, while the friendliest staff on the coast make you feel like part of the family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Little River Inn Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Little River ›
Little River Inn Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very friendly place!PatriciaVIPDined on 11/21/2014The staff is very friendly, the dining room welcoming and the New York steak is the best we have had in a long time. We'll be sure to come back when next in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little River Inn was GREATSophieDined on 11/10/2014First of all, we were seated promptly at 6 and to a table with a window. Since it was in the evening we could not see the ocean, BUT it was nice nonetheless. The clam chowder was the best ever. I know that having fresh clams was the reason for the high cost, but the chowder was fabulous with the bacon and the broth was not too thick. We also ordered their crab cakes, which they are known for and it was fresh and delicious. For dinner I ordered the scallops with risotto and substituted brussel sprouts for pureed spinach. The risotto could have been a meal by itself. It was nice, hearty with tons of mushrooms and a big portion. The scallops were sweet and cooked perfectly. I will return to try other items on their menu.Special Features:
- Nice for special occasionsSharonDined on 11/10/2014This is a very nice restaurant for a special dinner. The food was well done and very traditional. We noticed that many people there were in their 50's and up. Dinner would run about $65 with salad, entrée, dessert and glass of wine. I would recommend the prix fixe menu if on a budget. The night we were there, for about $27, I got salad, Beef Bourguignon, dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much of a veg menuloveofveganfoodDined on 11/7/2014While I love Little River Inn and the restaurant especially, for dinner I was disappointed to find only one vegetarian option available on the menu…not even vegan. The torte was flavorful, but very fattening and savory. The service was good and the noise level was a bit moderate. I'd come back for sure but likely not for dinner. Breakfast is amazing and that's where Little Rive Inn Restaurant really shines for me. : )Special Features:
- delightful diningBeausoleilDined on 10/27/2014My prix fixe dinner petite plates were generous and wonderful, husband's oysters on half shell were delicious with grapefruit & chilies mignonette and lime slices, then he was pleased to find scallops were truly lightly breaded. Wait staff was knowledgeable but not intrusive.Special Features:
- BabsDined on 10/24/2014Little River Inn is a legend on the Mendocino Coast. It has one of the finest restaurants and wine lists in the area. The setting is unpretentious, romantic and beautiful. We have stayed there many times over the years and are never disappointed. Barbara LindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Steaks EverWaynefromKentuckyDined on 10/20/2014We went on the recommendation of a lady at a fruit market a hundred miles away and she knew her stuff. We're early eaters so we had to wait for the 6pm opening but the wait was worth it. We had a table with a magnificent view of the ocean and the sunset. The food was outstanding from the fresh rolls to the main courses. I had the peppered New York Steak and it was one of the best steaks I have had. My wife had the Caesar with salmon and was very pleased. The only down side was a little wait for our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mendocino's GemFoodie2013Dined on 10/15/2014We had the best dinner at this place during our week-long wedding anniversary celebration. From the breathtakingly beautiful view of the sunset, to the friendly service and most specially the sumptuous dishes, we will definitely revisit Little River Inn Restaurant in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gameshavingsVIPDined on 10/11/2014Noise level was very high. we were seated next to table of 8 who were intent on outalking everyone at the table, so not restaurants fault, just rude people. Also, Giants game was going on in bar. Great scallops
- Lovely dinnerPiedmont4Dined on 10/4/2014We had a wonderful dinner at the Little River Inn Restaurant. The food was perfect - the clam chowder was the best we've EVER had!! and the berry cobbler was excellent. We enjoyed the varied wine selection and loved that most of it was from local wineries. We've eaten here before and the food has remained excellent. We have and do recommend the Little River Inn Restaurant to our friends. We throughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedGetwhatupay4Dined on 10/3/2014We arrived and had the hostess tell us she could not help us tonight as they were full, though I saw 3 open tables behind her. I stepped outside, found them on OpenTable, and booked a table for 4 minutes later. She then happily seated us. The food was underwhelming. The clam chowder was raved about online, but was incredibly salty and barely edible. Sole Almondine had no flavor. Marinara with meatballs tasted like it was from a jar. If this were at a chain restaurant it would be passable, and $35. But it was $80, and thus underwhelming and unacceptable.Special Features:
- mom4threeDined on 9/19/2014Excellent food & service. The noise from the bar makes it very hard to hear each other in the restaurant. The dining room is very small & tables are very close together.Special Features:
- MaggieDined on 8/10/2014Lovely room with garden view. Received wonderful service and enjoyed our meal very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good!enjoyfoodandwineDined on 8/5/2014Every time we visit Mendocino, we stop at two restaurants for their food and views. Little River Inn is one of them. The food is always seasonally good with old standbys which are delicious...hanger steak and seasonal cobbler for dessert. Wine selection is mostly local and food friendly, so bring your own if you prefer. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionluvgetaway2014Dined on 8/1/2014We came back here after many years and can say that the service and the view are terrific if you eat in the Ocean view dining room. They have very good burgers and the Ole short cakes are excellent for breakfast. The dinner was very good as well. We enjoyed our experience staying at the Inn as well. We were there celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeloveditDined on 7/27/2014Excellent food, great service and comfortable environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful eveningEverymanDined on 7/21/2014Our Dinner at the Little River Inn Restaurant was a wonderful experience. I suggest making a reservation. We were seated promptly at a window overlooking the Mendocino Coast. The service was friendly and attentive, and the waitress made excellent recommendations for both wine and food. The food was prepared with obvious attention to detail and respect for our specific requests. To be sure, this is not a swinging scene, but a quiet, well prepared meal in a pleasant, romantic setting. All in all, memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2014After eating at the Little River many times, our group felt the meal was off. Service was OK although the server brought the wine, but never checked to re pour glasses. It seemed like the kitchen had lost a bit of sparkle and the food was just ordinary, where in the past, excellent meals and service. We will try again, as we love this restaurant, and hopefully things will improve.Special Features:
- still a great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014returning to Mendocino area after 25 + years we found the restaurant is still one of the top places to dine at, all in our party loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingYumYumDined on 7/5/2014Every time we return to the Little River Inn and the Restaurant, we love it!!! The food is wonderful and the staff makes the dining experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must missMaxiVIPDined on 5/24/2014Unless you are 70+ and like mediocre food I'd skip this restaurant.
- Outstanding in every way!tstarDined on 5/16/2014Dinner was great - the welcome, the atmosphere, the drinks, wine, clam chowder, entrees, coffees, desserts, and service. We were seated in the quieter of the dining rooms, at our request, and the noise level on a Friday night was fine for normal conversation. Everything was so enjoyable that we returned for Sunday brunch - everything was delicious and very reasonably priced - and it included complimentary champagne. The entire dining experience was a delightful surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant but view is wastedPhilVIPDined on 5/12/2014We were in the Mendocino area and this restaurant had been recommended by a friend as well as having generally positive reviews on various services. The food was generally fine, although not spectacular. My wife had a torte for her entree that was very tasty but got incredibly soggy and difficult to eat. I had the lamp shank and it was fine - not super tender but quite edible. It came with a "rosemary/garlic bread pudding". This frankly tasted like turkey stuffing. An odd combination. Had the crab cakes as an appetizer which, as others had noted, were excellent, but seemed quite expensive for what you got.Special Features:
- Very nice mealJamieDined on 5/10/2014Very nice wine list with lots of local wines very moderately priced. The list was well chosen. Food was very good and nicely presented. Don't go here though expecting a fabulous Mendocino coastal view...the restaurant is nice but lacks any ocean view.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendBillDined on 5/4/2014We have dined here many times, trying many things on menu. Each time food is suburb, service is great and of course setting is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for breakfastCaptVideoDined on 5/3/2014We had Ole's favorite, and an omelet. both excellent. Service pleasant. Not too speedy, but ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!rightchoiceindiningDined on 5/2/2014We were pleased with the food and service, we enjoyed breakfast and dinner on my wife's birthday on 05/02/14! The staff pays attention to serving the guests and are very friendly!! Will recommend it to anyone going to the Mendocino coast! We'll go back on our next visit!! The champagne was superb.......................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is pretty mediocredinerVIPDined on 4/25/2014The only ocean view is from the bar. The wine list was delightful and excellent value. The restaurant had a lovely garden view. The staff was very good. But overall the food was mediocre. Disappointing.Special Features:
- ExcellentJeanneVIPDined on 4/13/2014We are locals and simply love Little River Inn for brunch or dinner. The people are very friendly and know exactly what we want almost before we do!! Sara does a wonderful job at keeping everything flowing. Kathy and Paul are our favorites also. We do wish that they would serve lunch as we would be regulars as we are sure others would be also. We are in need of a good lunch restaurant. Don't hesitate to stay at the Inn or eat there. When we first moved to the Coast Little River Inn was the first place we stayed. It made us fall in love with the area and we still stay there occasionally. They do a wonderful job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Scenic Viewmarriedw3plus1Dined on 3/22/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner. It was very crowded (restaurant venues in this part of the county are very limited). My husband had been to this restaurant many years ago with his parents (this place has been around for decades). The service was a little off, maybe because of the crowd, who knows. The crabcake appetizer was plated very appealingly and tasted wonderful. The soup was excellent - a tomato based soup with cannellini beans and prociutto. I ordered a chicken and it was unfortunately over salty. My husband ordered a New York steak and he said it was very good. The plating of that dish could have been better. It was served with an au jus that bled into everything else on the plate, with a rare steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food 9, dessert 4BayAreaNativeVIPDined on 3/8/2014This was our first time to Little River Inn after years of driving by it for other destinations in Mendocino. Service was really excellent in terms of seating, water service, and overall ambiance/mood. Appetizer crabcakes were outstanding and we are tough crabcake critics. Scallops and cioppino main courses were well presented and perfectly prepared. Wine list was appropriately focused on unusual local vintners with reasonable markup and broad price range. Coffee and dessert unfortunately did not match the rest of the meal, but we would still return given the good value and very pleasant evening with terrific entrees and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the view - stay for the foo.JuliemzuzuVIPDined on 1/26/2014Brunch was delicious. We happen to be there on a big crab festivals. Yummy! But the scones are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LRI = little river innJuliemzuzuVIPDined on 1/24/2014Wonderful romantic inn. Food is great. Service fast and the inn the best on the north coast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.