Little River Inn Restaurant
7901 Highway One
Little River, CA 95456Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Little River Inn Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.littleriverinn.com/
- Phone: 7079375942
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: M-Sa 8:00am-10:30am
Breakfast: Su 8:00am-12:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 6:00pm-8:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 6:00pm-8:30pm
Brunch: Sa 8:00am-10:30am
Brunch: Su 8:00am-12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Dym
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Little River Inn boasts inspirational ocean views from both our conference facilities and guest rooms. Your meeting or event will be expertly handled by dedicated innkeepers whose family has been hosting guests for nearly a hundred years.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Ivankay 7079622197
A word from Little River Inn Restaurant
Family hospitality meets fine cuisine at this landmark coastal resort. Looking out upon magnificent ocean and garden views, Little River Inn is well known for its comfortable atmosphere and enticing fresh local fare. Executive Chef Marc Dym creates dishes that are at once familiar and modern, while the friendliest staff on the coast make you feel like part of the family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Little River Inn Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Little River ›
Little River Inn Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)special occasion (11)romantic (8)fit for foodies (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- MaggieDined on 8/10/2014Lovely room with garden view. Received wonderful service and enjoyed our meal very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good!enjoyfoodandwineDined on 8/5/2014Every time we visit Mendocino, we stop at two restaurants for their food and views. Little River Inn is one of them. The food is always seasonally good with old standbys which are delicious...hanger steak and seasonal cobbler for dessert. Wine selection is mostly local and food friendly, so bring your own if you prefer. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionluvgetaway2014Dined on 8/1/2014We came back here after many years and can say that the service and the view are terrific if you eat in the Ocean view dining room. They have very good burgers and the Ole short cakes are excellent for breakfast. The dinner was very good as well. We enjoyed our experience staying at the Inn as well. We were there celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeloveditDined on 7/27/2014Excellent food, great service and comfortable environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful eveningEverymanDined on 7/21/2014Our Dinner at the Little River Inn Restaurant was a wonderful experience. I suggest making a reservation. We were seated promptly at a window overlooking the Mendocino Coast. The service was friendly and attentive, and the waitress made excellent recommendations for both wine and food. The food was prepared with obvious attention to detail and respect for our specific requests. To be sure, this is not a swinging scene, but a quiet, well prepared meal in a pleasant, romantic setting. All in all, memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014After eating at the Little River many times, our group felt the meal was off. Service was OK although the server brought the wine, but never checked to re pour glasses. It seemed like the kitchen had lost a bit of sparkle and the food was just ordinary, where in the past, excellent meals and service. We will try again, as we love this restaurant, and hopefully things will improve.Special Features:
- still a great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014returning to Mendocino area after 25 + years we found the restaurant is still one of the top places to dine at, all in our party loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingYumYumDined on 7/5/2014Every time we return to the Little River Inn and the Restaurant, we love it!!! The food is wonderful and the staff makes the dining experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must missMaxiVIPDined on 5/24/2014Unless you are 70+ and like mediocre food I'd skip this restaurant.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Little River Inn Restaurant reviews archive.
- Outstanding in every way!tstarDined on 5/16/2014Dinner was great - the welcome, the atmosphere, the drinks, wine, clam chowder, entrees, coffees, desserts, and service. We were seated in the quieter of the dining rooms, at our request, and the noise level on a Friday night was fine for normal conversation. Everything was so enjoyable that we returned for Sunday brunch - everything was delicious and very reasonably priced - and it included complimentary champagne. The entire dining experience was a delightful surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant but view is wastedPhilVIPDined on 5/12/2014We were in the Mendocino area and this restaurant had been recommended by a friend as well as having generally positive reviews on various services. The food was generally fine, although not spectacular. My wife had a torte for her entree that was very tasty but got incredibly soggy and difficult to eat. I had the lamp shank and it was fine - not super tender but quite edible. It came with a "rosemary/garlic bread pudding". This frankly tasted like turkey stuffing. An odd combination. Had the crab cakes as an appetizer which, as others had noted, were excellent, but seemed quite expensive for what you got.Special Features:
- Very nice mealJamieDined on 5/10/2014Very nice wine list with lots of local wines very moderately priced. The list was well chosen. Food was very good and nicely presented. Don't go here though expecting a fabulous Mendocino coastal view...the restaurant is nice but lacks any ocean view.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendBillDined on 5/4/2014We have dined here many times, trying many things on menu. Each time food is suburb, service is great and of course setting is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for breakfastCaptVideoDined on 5/3/2014We had Ole's favorite, and an omelet. both excellent. Service pleasant. Not too speedy, but ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!rightchoiceindiningDined on 5/2/2014We were pleased with the food and service, we enjoyed breakfast and dinner on my wife's birthday on 05/02/14! The staff pays attention to serving the guests and are very friendly!! Will recommend it to anyone going to the Mendocino coast! We'll go back on our next visit!! The champagne was superb.......................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is pretty mediocredinerVIPDined on 4/25/2014The only ocean view is from the bar. The wine list was delightful and excellent value. The restaurant had a lovely garden view. The staff was very good. But overall the food was mediocre. Disappointing.Special Features:
- ExcellentJeanneVIPDined on 4/13/2014We are locals and simply love Little River Inn for brunch or dinner. The people are very friendly and know exactly what we want almost before we do!! Sara does a wonderful job at keeping everything flowing. Kathy and Paul are our favorites also. We do wish that they would serve lunch as we would be regulars as we are sure others would be also. We are in need of a good lunch restaurant. Don't hesitate to stay at the Inn or eat there. When we first moved to the Coast Little River Inn was the first place we stayed. It made us fall in love with the area and we still stay there occasionally. They do a wonderful job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Scenic Viewmarriedw3plus1Dined on 3/22/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner. It was very crowded (restaurant venues in this part of the county are very limited). My husband had been to this restaurant many years ago with his parents (this place has been around for decades). The service was a little off, maybe because of the crowd, who knows. The crabcake appetizer was plated very appealingly and tasted wonderful. The soup was excellent - a tomato based soup with cannellini beans and prociutto. I ordered a chicken and it was unfortunately over salty. My husband ordered a New York steak and he said it was very good. The plating of that dish could have been better. It was served with an au jus that bled into everything else on the plate, with a rare steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food 9, dessert 4BayAreaNativeVIPDined on 3/8/2014This was our first time to Little River Inn after years of driving by it for other destinations in Mendocino. Service was really excellent in terms of seating, water service, and overall ambiance/mood. Appetizer crabcakes were outstanding and we are tough crabcake critics. Scallops and cioppino main courses were well presented and perfectly prepared. Wine list was appropriately focused on unusual local vintners with reasonable markup and broad price range. Coffee and dessert unfortunately did not match the rest of the meal, but we would still return given the good value and very pleasant evening with terrific entrees and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the view - stay for the foo.JuliemzuzuVIPDined on 1/26/2014Brunch was delicious. We happen to be there on a big crab festivals. Yummy! But the scones are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LRI = little river innJuliemzuzuVIPDined on 1/24/2014Wonderful romantic inn. Food is great. Service fast and the inn the best on the north coast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.