Little Red Wasp
808 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Little Red Wasp
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.littleredwasp.com/
- Phone: (817) 877-3111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11 - 10
Friday: 11 - midnight
Saturday: brunch 10- midnight
Sunday: brunch 10 - 10
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Blaine Staniford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 8th Street
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Lunch parking: Valet Parking for a discounted rate of $3.50 in the 777Main Building on Commerce Street at 7th with a validated ticket from LRW. Meter parking available on surrounding streets.
Dinner parking: After 4:00pm, there is valet offered right out front for $5/car. Street parking available on surrounding streets. Meters are free after 6:00pm.
A word from Little Red Wasp
Little Red Wasp Kitchen + Bar in the heart of downtown Fort Worth offers straightforward food, lots of beer and a full bar. Our kitchen is open 7 days a week and serves brunch on Saturday and Sunday. We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Little Red Wasp - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
Little Red Wasp reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)good for groups (28)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (13)notable wine list (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (9)special occasion (6)romantic (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great brunch spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014I shared brunch with my family before a show at bass hall. The food was great with big proportions and a relaxed but good tempo to get us to the show in plenty of time. We will have to go back to try their long beer list on night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so soMaureenVIPDined on 10/30/2014I was looking forward to trying the menu and the client I hosted had stated they had been here before... I'd rate the food a "meh". Nothing spectacular. We tried three different appetizers (chips with ranch dip, brisket wontons and deviled eggs) to provide a variety but didn't find anything that was spectacular. The Rueben sandwich was good not great.Special Features:
- Fresh Food, Great Beer4StarTXdinersDined on 10/17/2014Everything we tried was fresh, well prepared, attractive presentation and tasted great. My favorite feature of the Wasp though is their beer list! Their selection of beer is outstanding and included 2 Jester King bottle choices, one of which I tried. Great craft beer selection!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catchy NamelesliejuniorVIPDined on 10/13/2014First time visit. Not very crowded on a weekday lunch. Food was very good, except cobb salad should be served in larger bowl or with less lettuce. It was hard to eat because bowl was overflowing. Sandwich specials were enjoyed by others in our party. Would like to try for dinner.
- Great food and stellar service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014I had the crispy sandwich, which is now a favorite. My husband had the shrimp and grits. So good! We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fabulous lunch!LizLobsterLoverVIPDined on 10/9/2014The sandwiches we're great! Couldn't stop eating the homemade potato chips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gem in Ft. WorthbillpVIPDined on 10/8/2014Solid selection of beers and wines. Outstanding desserts. Large portions. Excellent food at reasonable prices - especially given the downtown (main st.) location. Server rushed us - not sure why, we arrived at 5:30 and the place was not crowded. So, that was the only thing that marred our experience. Maybe he is used to families where they want to get in and get out in 30 minutes. We prefer to take our time and not be rushed.Special Features:
- Interesting Little PlaceSteveVIPDined on 10/4/2014It was extremely loud. The drinks were generous and good. Homemade potatoe chips were outstanding. Don't waste your time with the cheeseburger. Small, dry and not very good. Reuben was excellent. Short rib was very tender, tasty with great mashed potatoes. Green beans were very under cooked. Spagettii and meatballs were very good also. Generous meatballs with some heat to them. Wait staff was a little slow, but it was a busy night and we were almost an hour late for our reseration. Over all, it is a place I woud try again. Very interesting menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSteve33Dined on 10/4/2014I expected more from this sister restaurant to "Grace". Waiter did not appear to be well trained. The food was mediocre at best. Cool Mac & cheese doesn't work for me.Special Features:
- little red wasp in SundanceGoodtimes74Dined on 10/3/2014Great little spot for couples and friends . Price is reasonable and the service was great . The food was good , just maybe not enough variety on the menu . Food was prepared well and had great flavor . Hard to find if you don't know about it , but the location is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good place to eat.PopeOilDined on 9/24/2014Always a good place to eat. I've never had a bad experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordinary foodTrufflehoundDined on 9/22/2014Ambiance was a nice mix of upscale cafeteria meets hip contemp bar. Food was just ordinary but well prepared and seasoned. Mac and cheese was great, but had everything else under it's shadow. Was expecting more of a gastropub menu with innovative and exciting items, but again it seemed ordinary upscale cafeteria-like fair. A bit disappointing..... Service was great though.Special Features:
- Memorable Friday at Little Red WaspGroviteDined on 9/19/2014Putting the first date jitters aside, my companion and I had a wonderful evening at LRW. The ambiance was wonderful, quiet, yet vibrant. Our server was absolutely outstanding! He explained, in detail, the beer and wine lists, suggested apps and when my date asked his recs, he didn't break stride and had our mouths watering with his descriptions. He didn't even bat an eyelash when I requeated an item from their previous menu, he simply asked for a moment and came back all smiles. Our meal was wonderful. She kept it simple and had the Portabello sandwich with house chips and I had the perfectly cooked Steak Frites. Outstanding service and food and have already been recommending LRW to friends. We will return often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Birthday DinnerBrianGDined on 9/15/2014In addition to excellent service and good food the restaurant offered a free dessert for the Birthday Girl at our table! Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodgoodeatsDined on 9/13/2014A friend recommended this restaurant; the menu was fun, the service excellent, and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick bite before symphonyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/5/2014We ate at The Little Red Wasp before the symphony on Friday night. Good food. Easy in and out. Great Service.Special Features:
- Buy the bottleBottleDined on 8/30/2014My wife wanted wine which cost $8 a glass...the whole bottle cost $31. After her first "shot" of wine, serving size was about the size of a shot, she obviously wanted another shot of wine. So we went ahead and bought the whole bottle thinking we would get lucky and have that first shot of wine included in the cost of the bottle. No such luck. Overall, great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!FiddlecastroDined on 8/30/2014We had the best time at LRW! We are from out of town and I would love to go back. Great service, great food. We had a large group and they accommodated us vert well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WestexaswolfDined on 8/29/2014We had a great experience ! Our dinner and wine was outstanding. Service was special, we did not notice till we left what a great job they did. That means it was a job well done.Special Features:
- Happy HourCandyDined on 8/17/2014I love that LRW has happy hour on the weekends. Fantastic selections at fantastic prices! Friendly service to boot. We sat at a window table sipping martinis (at half price) with some delicious deviled eggs and people watched. It was a fun, leisurely, Sunday evening. We stayed for dinner and enjoyed the char fish and potato crusted fish. Both were good. We had wine with our dinner and were able to get the wine at happy hour half price, too. They had a pretty good selection. Their beer selection is crazy huge. LRW is a fun, friendly little spot. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Might try againMissvpDined on 8/16/2014I might try this place again to give service another chance. Our server wasn't very helpful which is why I say that. Also, some of the food choices weren't exactly as described. The small Greek salad says it comes with poached shrimp.....when it should say it comes with A poached shrimp (1), not what we were expecting at all. The tomato soup says it comes with bread.....UNLESS you order a cup, then it doesn't (the menu or the server don't mention that) & then fail to tell you it's an up charge if you want it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staffJaneeDined on 8/12/2014Was a little hesitant to try, being that the first two reviews on their website mentioned bad service. Well, we had totally opposite! The valet was 'over the top'. So personable, attentive; had our car waiting as we walked out the door!!! Ben, at the bar, was very informative and conversational. He's been there since they opened and knew about their menu and answered our questions - since this was our first time. Our waiter was good, not spectacular personality, but nice and got everything right. The GM stopped by our table, as well. Just outstanding evening. Tried it because of restaurant week, but want to try their brunch now.Special Features:
- Must try chicken sandwich !LilFoodie28Dined on 8/10/2014Great ambience . Warm and welcoming. We started with cheese fries which were yummy ! House made ranch is a must . ! I ordered the Reuben, corn beef was tasty and moist .. and my boyfriend ordered the chicken sandwich.. AMAZING ! I couldn't stop eating his ! The breading on the chicken was delicious ! Loved the LRW sauce that was on both sandwiches .. House made thousand with siracha ❤️. And portions were huge ! It will be hard to try something else .. But want to try brunch soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedcjbfoxinftworthDined on 8/9/2014limited menu - was not impressed to go back again and have heard the same from others!!! :(Special Features:
- Little Red WasppoulsenkwDined on 8/9/2014We visited the Red Wasp prior to a performance at Bass Hall so we took an early seating. The starter of pimento dip & chips was a hit. I went for the potato encrusted fish while my wife selected the Windy chicken. Both entrees were very good - not over the top fly in from Europe to try good - but very good for a casual restaurant. The service was good as well. In summary we enjoyed our first experience at the Little Red Wasp and will return.Special Features:
- Great FoodDougVIPDined on 8/8/2014Beautiful place, nice wine list, great service. Tried article char, cooked perfectly. Liked size, setting and atmosphere.Special Features:
- If it's the only thing open...GrubfinderVIPDined on 8/8/2014As a little sister to Grace you have the right to expect so much more from LRW. Great space and solid management is the restaurants high point. The appetizer choices aren't bar food aren't yet aren't normal choices, hot dog and burgers are smallish and average in a great burger town, "real entrees" are limited and after 3 visits mostly average we've had the char, steak frites and chicken to boot all served ala carte like big brother Grace but all average. Desserts have been the hit. Wait staff seemed rushed and not well trained leaving plates on tables and handing glasses and plates to guests upon service (a pet peeve) especially in a full service setting. Just so many better choices downtown, LRW needs to decide what it wants to be.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceLisaDined on 8/2/2014Our waiter was horrible, which makes me never want to go there again. He acted like it was a bother that we were there. Didn't fill up our water glasses, or tea. Had to ask him for refills & condiments. Will not go back!Special Features:
- Terrible!AustinFoodieDined on 8/2/2014No wonder this place was completely empty! I had the Little Red Wasp salad and the tomato soup. The soup was tepid and bland and the salad was so oily that a little oil dam formed in the bowl. My husband had the short ribs which were mediocre at best.
- Excellent service & attitudeBrunchhunterDined on 8/2/2014Tried it on a whim and was not disappointed. Solid service by all involved staff and the food portions were ample. Definitely worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 66 reviews are from the Little Red Wasp reviews archive.
- Brunch TopperTXDinerVIPDined on 7/27/2014Little Red Wasp tops my Sunday brunch favorites. Whether it's the short, but sweet brunch menu, or the knife and fork sandwich collection, you can't go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunchwinerdinerVIPDined on 7/20/2014Our first visit to Little Red Wasp was with out of town company. Service was excellent, although the noise level made hearing a little difficult. Mimosas were a cut above the usual, not too sweet. We enjoyed a bottle of Merry Edwards pinot noir with our meal, at a reasonable price for a restaurant wine list. I had the Short Ribs Benedict, which was a nice combination of tenderness and interesting flavors. We will continue to prefer Grace for dinner, but will be back to Little Red Wasp for brunchSpecial Features:
- Best Hamburger - I'll be BackdajadocDined on 7/18/2014What a great find this was and incredibly reasonably priced. Truly the best hamburger I have had in a very long time - whatever that sauce is it makes the burger! We will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday BrunchTdokesterVIPDined on 7/13/2014I brought out-of-town visitors to Little Red Wasp for brunch. The mimosas were superb. Those who ordered the granola found it a bit of a challenge to chew and left half uneaten. One would have preferred that the slaw on his sandwich be on the side -- and without jalapeño peppers. My hash and eggs could have benefitted from having the potatoes mushed in with the hash in a more traditional base for the eggs. It was good but wasn't what I expected. Still, the food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedMothernucker22Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I had dinner here last Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We arrived prior to the end of Happy Hour and reaped the benefits of it via two specialty drinks. Our food was excellent and fairly priced, but the service was even better. Bradley was very professional and engaging. We could not help but notice the staff's attentiveness to our water and other items. I also commented on the manager's communication with the servers and kitchen staff. The staff seemed to be very in tune with each other while maintaining the continuity necessary to run a restaurant successfully. We will be back soon and encourage our friends to visit this great little gem in downtown Fort Worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EWCOOKSDined on 6/22/2014Food was ok, nothing special. The menu was more "lunchy" than that of a dinner menu. Was hoping for a little more ambiance, but it was a Sunday evening. One highlight, the chef accommodated one of our guests who had a food allergy. In from out of town... next time, we will go to Grace.
- LRW is Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Our dinner at Little Red Wasp was fantastic, and everything prepared perfectly. I can't wait to return for Brunch!Special Features:
- Good find while travelingSMaxVIPDined on 6/10/2014We were so pleased that we found this little restaurant while traveling in TX. A welcome relief from steaks and BBQ. Good variety of options with more flavorful, healthy choices which especially made Mom happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scotchVIPDined on 6/10/2014The food is great. The portions are ridiculously large; thus, I recommend sharing. The drinks are creative and tasty.Special Features:
- Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Rare date night for the husband and I and dining at Little Red Wasp provided us with great food, a relaxing ambiance and great service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.