Little Rascal Cafe & Bar
163 Elizabeth Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Little Rascal Cafe & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.littlerascalnyc.com/
- Phone: 2129660446
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Murat Atilgan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please give us a call for catering requests up to 100 people.
A word from Little Rascal Cafe & Bar
Little Rascal With a multicolor wood entrance way, a date-night-ready low-candlelit interior (seriously, that Tina Fey movie is at its best when you can barely see it), and a bar slinging pitchers of sangria, this Middle Eastern spot will get your face full of mezes like housemade Turkish pickles and mains including baby lamb chops, plus octopus casseroles just like mom used to make.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Little Rascal Cafe & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Horrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/8/2014I read the reviews and invited friends. I arrived first on a hot and humid summer evening. The window in the front were open, I sat there hoping to get some air. Two gentleman were smoking outside the restaurant. The smoke was coming in strong. I asked the server if she minded. She said something like, "No, these guys are always here, not unless it's bothering you." It was. She then offered me a table by "the air conditioner". I moved, but it was still hot. My friends came, we were all so hot, we should have left, but we ordered one bottle of wine for the four of us and the suggested Meze platter-way overpriced. Lost our appetite due to the heat and cost-did not even order dinner. A dinner from Hell, because it was so hot and uncomfortable.
- Neat Restaurant but needs A/CNYCSCHVIPDined on 6/26/2014This place has good Mediterranean food - a lot of the staples everyone likes are on the menu and the prices cannot be topped. The bread is delicious and served hot out of the oven for dipping pleasure. The service is friendly and welcoming. The bar is lovely. The tables are few and they are rustic in set up so diners should be prepared for a wait if you don't have a reservation and creative maneuvering in/out of the tables if you're interested in moving around a bit. This isn't a turn off at all - we had a great time there and enjoyed our meal. Its just something to be prepared for. And, in the summer months, some A/C would be a welcome addition. I would definitely return - just in the fall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the Little Rascal Cafe & Bar reviews archive.
- Dinner, no, Wine & nosh, yesFoodTunesDined on 6/14/2014We went on a Saturday night for a 7pm reservation. It wasn't packed but still busy. It's a great location and the vibe of the place is really great, with good music that's not too loud, great space, great view of the neighborhood. Alas, the food wasn't all that great. 2 of us had lamb (turkish) meatballs - tough, overdone & tasted like they'd been pre-cooked earlier in the afternoon & nuked right before they were plated. Another friend ordered the branzino after being told it was filleted. It was served whole instead, giving my friend a mouthful of bones in every bite so we had to send it back. (One the plus side, they did replace it quite quickly with a decent salmon.) The wine & space was great. The food was not.Special Features:
- We love LR!EAsportsDined on 5/4/2014I feel like family when I come to this place. It is wonderful! They always treat their customers with respect. :)Special Features:
- Great Mediterranean optioncitydwellerDined on 4/22/2014Had veggies and carnivores at same table. Tastey alternatives for both. Wonderful comfortable atmosphere. Gracious host who acknowledged our open table request. Also had great wine suggestion with meal. Liesurely atmosphere. Nice place to catch up with friends-as we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great turkish food situatedJJVVVIPDined on 4/10/2014Great turkish food situated in the heart of NoLita. The bartender/server was very easy to talk to and was more than accommodating after having to give our table away. We ended up eating at the bar which was actually spacious and easy to eat at. The yogurt and hummus dips were excellent and they provided plenty of bread to eat it with. The salmon was good but wasn't especially different from other salmon dishes I've had. Overall, it was a great experience and I'd highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best find in a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2014Little Rascal was awesome. I booked a table for 8 of us recently, and everyone was impressed by the food, service, and value. The food is delicious (the best Turkish I've had in NYC), the ambiance is great and it's also great value. We had a main each, plenty of starters to share and lot's of wine and beers, and it worked out at very reasonable $50 each, everything included. I highly recommend Little Rascal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have made a reservationnyceuroguyVIPDined on 11/1/2013I have made a reservation to Little Rascal Cafe since I was going to a movie in the neighborhood. I have passed by couple times by the door and I was always curious and it was meant to be that Friday. Then I have discovered that in fact it is a Turkish place and we have ordered a bottle of wine as well as some appetizers and our main dish. Lamb Kebab and the Octopus Casserole were amazing. Meat was so tender as well as the Casserole was beyond a good taste. Price wise they are so good for the dish you have you pay really not much. Strongly recommend. Also the staff is very friendly. Try their pistachio baklava and their Turkish Tea. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar scene. Went forFeedbackVIPDined on 9/21/2013Great bar scene. Went for dinner through open table reservation Thoroughly enjoyed the experience Great food and service Good crowd Will certainly go backSpecial Features: