1234 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.littlenonnas.com/
- Phone: 2155462100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:45am - 2:45pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marcie Turney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Little Nonna's
Little Nonna’s is an Italian-American eatery in Center City’s bustling Midtown Village. Inspired by the “red sauce” family-owned ristorantes of Italian immigrants, Chef Turney offers thoughtful interpretations of homestyle Italian-American dishes with an all-Italian wine list and handcrafted cocktails. The cozy 40-seat restaurant is evocative of an Italian grandmother’s living room, circa 1950, featuring vintage lace in the windows, hanging antique copper pots and an outdoor garden that seats an additional 40 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Little Nonna's - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Little Nonna's reviews from OpenTable diners
438 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (295)fit for foodies (254)great for outdoor dining (188)romantic (155)special occasion (129)great for lunch (72)hot spot (72)good for groups (47)kid-friendly (22)notable wine list (22)late-night find (17)great for brunch (12)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great atmosphere and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Loved the cozy atmosphere and the food was cooked and flavored to perfection! The service was friendly and right on time with every dish - didn't have to wait long for the courses and didn't feel rushed. Looking forward to the next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I have had dinner here a few times, always wonderful! Lunch also does not disappoint. Try to sit outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adorable restaurant with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014My friend and I enjoyed a dinner here for Restaurant Week. We received Stracciatella cheese with toasted bread and olives for the table, and then we each ordered an appetizer, entree, and dessert. The meatball appetizer was two large meatballs that tasted fantastic. The arancini appetizer was four small and delicately toasted arancini balls. My pasta was cooked perfectly al dente, a rare find. The sauce had an almost gamey meat taste that was surprising but delicious. Even the polenta was great, and I don't like polenta! Our desserts were awesome. My friend had the tiramisu, which was as big as an ice cream sundae. I had the cannoli, which was actually two cannolis, flavored with anise and pistachios. Heaven!Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodSusieDined on 9/14/2014We really enjoyed our meal. Everything was excellent! Will definitely return for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 1st visit to little Nonna'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Food was absolutely delicious especially the meatballs and tiramisu. I will definitely be going back to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near the TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed our visit to Little Nonna's but probably won't return. While the food is tasty and portions are satisfying, the menu is limited. Also, especially at a restaurant showcasing Italian fare, we prefer to have some table bread at no charge, rather than having to pay for garlic bread.Special Features:
- Great place!MaggieDined on 9/12/2014I recently went to Little Nonna's for Resturant Week and had a great time. The food was outstanding! We were able to sit in the outdoor space out back, which was was beautiful and had a great atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time and still so wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014this was my second trip to Little Nonna's and I brought a friend who had not been there before. Food is over the top delicious, but with it being Center City restaurant week, the value was just amazing. My friend thought that her desert was the best one she might have ever had.. don't miss this place, it is wonderful.Special Features:
- Yummy!JuventinoDined on 9/12/2014Excellent polenta and meatball app. Roast sandwich was unreal and great tiramisu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingburbaniteVIPDined on 9/11/2014We have had a great dinner here several months ago. Came back for lunch during restaurant week and it was not great. Not horrible, but just not up to the quality we expected from our earlier experience. Maybe it was due to the crush of restaurant week.....
- Big on authentic Italian flavors!NinettaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Lunched at Little Nonna's during restaurant week: delicious meatballs on a bed of polenta, followed by grilled seafood skewers, and ending with tiramisu in a cup! Clean, authentic flavors of Italy in every bite! We were seated in the garden and there was a brief rain shower which enhanced the back yard feel created by the whimsical clothesline, plants, and rustic furniture!! Go for the food, delight in the ambiance and enjoy the terrific service!!!!Special Features:
- AwesomeSenatorDWDined on 9/10/2014I love this place I eat there with friends quite often love the food especially them meatballs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely DELICIOUS!!LizB14Dined on 9/10/2014My friend and I picked Little Nonnas during restaurant week, we ended up ordering off the regular menu though and sharing a few appetizers. The meatballs literally melt in your mouth, the fried mushroom risotto is absolutely phenomenal, the chopped salad-outstanding, swordfish was grilled to perfection. I had trouble deciding on what to get and unsure I would like certain items on the menu. Well, I am convinced, you can order anything off this menu and expect it to be incredibly delicious, leave stuffed & highly satisfied! Oh, and the grandmom's house ambiance makes you feel at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DressesForDinnerDined on 9/10/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Center City. Food is great; at lunch, not too noisy; servers always attentive (not to an annoying degree) and friendly.Special Features:
- Quaint and cozyRobbyDined on 9/9/2014Little Nonna's was more than I'd hoped. The lighting and cozy atmosphere only added that much more to the quality of food. The spaghetti and meatballs were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Bird SpecialGoodeatingDined on 9/9/2014We had tickets to a show and hit up Little Nonna's around 5:30 on a Tuesday. The place was jammed but we were able to get a great table outside on a cool night in September. Food was AMAZING! Everyone left full and satisfied. The bar set up is a little unique - they only have three cocktails that are housemade and a unique wine/beer list. This threw off some of the members of my party but my Sazarac was delightful!Special Features:
- EntreeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Meatballs were delicious. Swordfish presentation poor and not that great. Bread delicious, desserts so-so.Special Features:
- No No Nonna'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/8/2014Had been eager to try Little Nonna's for some time. Grew up Italian, called grandparents Nonna and Nonno. Charming little place. Lovely outdoor glass enclosed seating out back complete with clothes hanging on a clothesline a la Brooklyn rooftops. Server was informative and appropriately attentive. Unfortunately, the food is not to my taste. It is an Americanized version, not authentic Italian. Quite disappointed. Had read positive reviews, raves about the meatballs. Did not like the smokey taste at all. In fact, there was nothing that we tried that I really liked, from the pasta (did not like the so-called Sunday sauce), the bread or the cannoli filling. Honestly, cannot recommend, especially to my Italian family.Special Features:
- Beautiful ambiance!NoelVIPDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I ate here for restaurant week for the first time. The menu and food was amazing. The most incredible part of the meal however, was sitting on the "porch" and the atmosphere there. It was truly a lovely dining experience, worth every penny. Thank you!Special Features:
- A nice mealRobSVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had lunch on a Saturday. The place was packed, but we were seated quickly. Always bugs me when they offer a fine selection of artesian waters, "or would we just like tap water?" Menu is nice and rounded for lunch. Good came at a good pace and was served hot. Lots of good tastes and nice sized portions. We decided we'd go back on a chilly winter day when we would appreciate the heavier food more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic and good serviceTarzansgirlVIPDined on 9/5/2014For $51 a head including tax and tip, here is what our table of 4 had: three scrumptious starters (do not miss the eggplant!), 4 mains, 3 desserts, and a bottle of the Barbera. I had enough garlic to kill 3 vampires and had to avoid social kisses for 48 hours, but it was SO WORTH IT!Special Features:
- Easy to pleaseGoodtimeDined on 9/5/2014Nice but nothing special. Food was good and the service was excellent and it was reasonable.Special Features:
- Good food, OK ambiancebec1989Dined on 9/4/2014We loved the dishes we ordered, specifically the risotto balls, spaghetti and meatballs, gnocchi, and crab and clam linguine. However, service was slow in the beginning. It seemed like they didn't have enough staff on hand. We also opted to sit in the garden, thinking it would be completely outdoors. Instead, it was more like a greenhouse, and we were overheated throughout the meal. We finished things off with a cherry crumble, which was a little too bland for my taste, as well as cannolis that my fellow diners seemed to love. Stick to the basics, and you'll enjoy some great food. Opt for indoor seating. You have to pay for bread, and the basket doesn't come with much, so try some appetizers you wouldn't normally go for instead.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/4/2014We had a pre theater dinner at Little Nonna's. It was really outstanding. We split four appetizers. Mozzarella w/ olives, broccoli rabe, fig bruscetta & garlic bread. All excellent. The broccoli rabe was not the least bit oily & the garlic bread comes with a whole roasted clove that you can scoop out & spread to your taste. My wife had the pasta with wild boar ragu & I had the Italian seafood grill. Perfevtly seasoned & cooked. Very full but I had to try the cherry crumble dessert. I couldn't finish it but it was worth it. Service was excellent also but the apps came out free style & filled the table. Maybe we ordered too much? Probably did but would do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We went because the restaurant was highly recommended. Our bread that came with the mozzarella was burnt; sunday gravy was spicy, Italian seafood grill was burnt. However the deserts were delicious. I would go back for desert but not for dinner or lunch.
- another great mealabcdVIPDined on 9/3/2014We've been here a few times for dinner and 1 previous visit for lunch. All I can say is ANOTHER GREAT MEAL!! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Little Nonna's is the place to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014This was my third dining experience at Little Nonna's and it continues to amaze me! The service is exceptional, the environment is fantastic, and the food is mouth watering! Good for a small group of friends or date night, having both the indoor and outdoor garden seating options is definitely a plus! Looking forward to trying even more dishes on their menu next time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodJoanVIPDined on 8/31/2014Don't miss the meatballs stuffed with fontina. The garlic bread is the best. My dish of cavatelli with duck sausage was delicious. The special hanger steak special was delicious as well.Special Features:
- Hands down favorite mealhrkindcVIPDined on 8/30/2014This was our first visit and every moment of our meal from start to finish was spot on, memorable, and delicious! The service was outstanding, the garden patio was charming, and the food...oh the food was incredible.Special Features:
- LovelycoffeecureallDined on 8/30/2014Little nonnas is exceptionally good food in the loveliest little place in town. exactly what I expected from such a popular place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Nonna's was a find!MissyDined on 8/30/2014We ate dinner at Little Nonna's for dinner and we decided to eat in the back courtyard. It was a lovely quiet space with great service and delicious food. The garlic bread was wonderful served with roasted garlic! The salad was good but the entree swordfish was delicious. We topped the meal off with dessert which was cheesecake which was absolutely wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LDonDonDined on 8/29/2014Had dinner here with three girlfriends (all of our first time here). First off we liked the extensive wine list and the servers were very knowledgeable and gave recommendations. We started with the fig bruschetta which was delicious but was good for only 3 ppl. We all ordered a different entree- 3 "macaronis"/pasta dishes and one salad and appetizer duo. We ended up sharing off each others plates because it was all amazing! My clam and crab linguine was perfect! Plenty of seafood in the dish--def not disappointed, and I loved the grilled corn and other unique additions. Yum! Server was attentive, food was quick, outdoor patio is ADORABLE with clear covered roof, twinkle lights strung all around etc. We'll all be back with our husbands!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time Arounddblid13VIPDined on 8/28/2014Unfortunately, Little Nonna's no longer had the vegetable antipasti plate that I had been craving. The trio of appetizers that we ordered did not really live up to my expectations. Frankly, the broccoli rabe was inedible. However, the garden seating ambience is absolutely magical and saved the overall experience.Special Features:
- Good RestaruandLaDonnaDined on 8/28/2014I have been here several times and have never been disappointed....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic venueDaveVIPDined on 8/27/2014First time here, they were happy to let us pick which table we wanted to eat at. The outside space is a great add on, ambience with the lights really adds to the whole dinning experience. The waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful but down to earth and friendly with it. The food was great, nice size helpings and very tasty. I can't find anything negative to say about the venue! I will be going back, and you should go too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okjcnyDined on 8/26/2014Food was ok - had the Grandma's Sunday Gravy - not great - not even close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, inattentive service146restaurantssampledVIPDined on 8/26/2014We had spectacular eggplant parmesan, my favorite swordfish in Philadelphia and a wonderful clams with linguine (that I will return for specifically) with tiny slivers of hot pepper rings. I loved the food. But I would also have enjoyed a second glass of wine. I think our server decided we were a one glass table and made it come true by ignoring us throughout the entrée portion of the meal. It's a tiny restaurant and I could have gotten up and found him if it mattered that much, but it would have been nice to have it offered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Few ever are thus goodrenenonameDined on 8/26/2014This was one if the best meals I have ever had! GET THE SWORDFISH with the Dolchetto wine! Outside or in, what a fun place. Not someplace I would bring children and probably not even teenagers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions L to XL at Little Nonna'smel37Dined on 8/25/2014If I had an Italian grandmother I would hope she could cook like this. In the meantime I will come to Little Nonna's to get my fix.Special Features:
- Better than expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Not a brilliant meal, but well-prepared and tasty.