1234 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.littlenonnas.com/
- Phone: (215) 546-2100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:45am - 2:45pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marcie Turney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Little Nonna's
Little Nonna’s is an Italian-American eatery in Center City’s bustling Midtown Village. Inspired by the “red sauce” family-owned ristorantes of Italian immigrants, Chef Turney offers thoughtful interpretations of homestyle Italian-American dishes with an all-Italian wine list and handcrafted cocktails. The cozy 40-seat restaurant is evocative of an Italian grandmother’s living room, circa 1950, featuring vintage lace in the windows, hanging antique copper pots and an outdoor garden that seats an additional 40 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Little Nonna's reviews from OpenTable diners
427 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (286)fit for foodies (259)great for outdoor dining (176)romantic (149)special occasion (118)hot spot (75)great for lunch (64)good for groups (42)notable wine list (30)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (12)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Shut the door !FabfabsVIPDined on 11/19/2014Service was best part of experience . Food mediocre .. Would not rush back . Layout of restuatant not good ... Went on a cold windy night ... Everytime front door opened a rush if cold air filled the resturant ... I literally had to eat with my coat on to stay warm .. Definitely going to be an issue in winter or any cold windy night ... This would Definitly keep me away until owners come up with solutionsSpecial Features:
- jmgoodfoodDined on 11/16/2014The food was very good. Too dark. Needed the candle to view menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and really good...but not greatKjsunshineDined on 11/13/2014The service was attentive at first and then trailed off a bit. I attribute this the the later time of our resy (9:15pm). The bottled rum punch cocktail was Delish as was the lightly fried risotto app. The buffalo mozzarella was a bit large and unruly and a tad salty. The salty theme continued with my guest's gnocchi (although it was tasty and I feel like it would have been better earlier). My seafood grill also tasted as if someone had been a bit heavy handed with the sea salt shaker. The tiramisu was perfect, and the coffee hot and fresh.Special Features:
- LoveChristinaDined on 11/10/2014Loved this restaurant and can't wait to go back, everything was delicious. eggplant parm, meatballs, white bean crostini, gnocchi, ckts. we enjoyed everything and will recommend this restaurant to our riendsSpecial Features:
- Great hideawayBritstarDined on 11/9/2014Had dinner here and was absolutely fabulous. The service staff explained every dish and made eye contact, which is huge for for me. Very knowledgable as well. I ordered the gnocchi and it was fabulous. My spouse ordered the Sunday gravey and was also impressed. It was so good we joked they might even be able to pull it off on the Italian Market in south Philly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drexel3Dined on 11/8/2014Dinner was delish. We had spaghetti and meatballs as well as eggplan parm. The menu is very limited....
- BbrynmawrVIPDined on 11/8/2014We really liked it. Food was very tastly, service was prompt and efficient and there is a very cool vibe going on. Perfect meal and locationg pre Alton Brown gig.Special Features:
- My EntreOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/6/2014Swordfish saltumbacca did not come as described on the menu. No breadcrumbs nor artichokes. Otherwise everything was delish. I tasted my husband's spaghetti and meatballs. Yum! Also the eggplant appetizer was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciosaDined on 11/6/2014Great food and service - only complained was grilled bread tasted burnt, not grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/5/2014had a great time with my party of 4. it wouldn't be a great place for a large group, but a nice date night spot. Great for a good dinner and nice conversation.Special Features:
- AmazingphillydinerDined on 11/5/2014Everything was amazing. Our server Kaylee was one of the best servers we have ever had. The food was delicious!! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Tiny Restaurant packs a punch!ShariADined on 11/4/2014I asked a friend who works in town for a recommendation of a restaurant near the Kimmel Center. Little Nonna's was very close- not even a 5 minute walk. A bit hard to find, with all the construction join on & it is a small hideaway. This small hideaway packs a mean punch! Food was OUTSTANDING. Service & drinks matched the food. I will definitely be back, only this time Little Nonna's will be my main destination, not just for dinner before a show! Worth the trip into center city - I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special foodCEM12Dined on 11/3/2014The meatballs are terrific with the cheese surprise inside. I wonder how the chef does that? The brussel sprout salad was a different take on this vegetable and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent upscale Italian cookingTeddyzVIPDined on 11/2/2014Been here several times and never disappointed. Best meatballs in the city. Shaved Brussel sprout sald is awesome. Homey atmosphere and the garden can't be beat!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014The perfect warm spot on a cold night. The wine, food and service were all wonderful. The ambiance was the best part of the experience by far. I loved the décor and lighting. My picky parents were happy, and my boyfriend and I finally tried out a spot we've been hearing about for months. Cheers!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, amazing food and serviceKristenDined on 11/1/2014I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful Little Nonna's is. The ambiance is cozy, the staff are warm and welcoming, and the food is made with fantastic ingredients. One of the best Italian restaurants I have ever been to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014One of the best restaurants in the region! We've been here several times and have never been disappointed. Servers are great as well. A little cramped, but that seems to be Marcie and Valerie's style.
- let downUESiderVIPDined on 10/31/2014I have been wanting to try Little Nonna's since it owned as I am a big fan of Barbuzzo and Jamonera who are the same owners. But...the food was not good. The chopped salad was good, however the mussels were not--too much fennel. The eggplant parm was very good, but the spaghetti and meatballs were a huge dissapointment. the sauce was meaty and had an odd taste, and the meatballs tasted like pure sausage. would not return.Special Features:
- DinnerPeeWeDined on 10/31/2014Service was very good got there a little early and was promptly seated. We order two appetizers the mussels and grill garlic bread both very good. For main course we both order the Sunday gravy which was good. My one complaint was the meatball sauce was different from the other meat sauce. The meatball sauce tasted good but very rich in flavor. I just prefer a lighter sauce. Desert was good as well. Of course street parking is hard to find, ended up in a lot across the street which cost us $18.00 for like hour and a half. That's the city for you!!
- Good ItalianmerdealorsDined on 10/25/2014This little restaurant is all right, better than the average Italian restaurant in Philadelphia. Service is good and friendly. This is a nice place for an informal evening with good food. I wish that there was a better selection of wines though, meaning not only from Italy.Special Features:
- Must try it!PhilliesfanDined on 10/25/2014Although a limited menu, the food was superb, price just right, no complaints on service, and a true neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- AmazingMoniqueStarrDined on 10/25/2014My boyfriend and I come here once to twice a week. This past week and we came for my birthday. Everything was amazing as usual we will be returning, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for late lunchmjcn62VIPDined on 10/25/2014We sat outside and it is a lovely area to enjoy your lunch. The pasta was perfect! and so homey. We shared an amazing tiramissu that was presented in an "antiquey" tea cup, so cute. Service was personable and professional. Lovely food and place!Special Features:
- As Good As We Had HeardGregfromMediaDined on 10/23/2014Had to try the garlic bread to start-- it was great with the fresh roasted garlic. Then onto the mussels-- another winner. Not a bad one in the bunch and in a nice sauce with a hot, roasted pepper on top. The spaghetti and meatballs were as advertised-- huge portion and very good. The squash penne was a little smaller portion but also very good. Very noisy and cramped but we'll go back for sure!Special Features:
- A GemFisheatsDined on 10/23/2014First time here. No disappointments. Food was marvelous. Excellent service. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodPCJohn65Dined on 10/22/2014I'm almost hesitant to write this review as the restaurant will probably become too busy to get reservations! A colleague of mine and I had dinner at Little Nonna's, sharing the antipasto plate and broccoli rabe appetizers. The broccoli rabe was actually a bit spicier than expected, but the antipasto plate was excellent. We both had the signature Sunday Gravy which was amazing - excellent pasta, fantastic sauce, and delicious meats. We split a cannoli for dessert, which honestly was just ok - wasn't a fan of the filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDillmen110Dined on 10/20/2014Amazing food, atmosphere and service. Going to become a staple in our dining repertoire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Chef in the KitchenFrecklesDined on 10/20/2014The braised short rib sandwich with a side salad of bitter greens, and the rigatoni con zucca, were executed with an extraordinary level of skill and detail in terms of taste, pairing, amount, and presentation. Each mouthful was a delight, and lunch was just perfect.Special Features:
- very pleasedmangamavenDined on 10/19/2014first time..very pleased..everything was made to perfection.. servers could not have been more accommodating and attentive..Special Features:
- Great place for a date!randomnicknameDined on 10/18/2014I went here with my girlfriend for date night, and I could not be happier with the experience. Great service, delicious food (especially the spaghetti and meatballs), and great ambience (quiet, but not too quiet, and really romantic vibe). You definitely should reserve a table if you really want to go; it got really busy on a Saturday night. Excellent overallSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014One of the worst meals I have had in Philadelphia!Special Features:
- Wonderful!GladwyneGirlVIPDined on 10/17/2014Hard to get in- but worth the wait. Everything was delicious, uncomplicated, straightforward Italian. Little Nonna got it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First time Great findLindaVIPDined on 10/16/2014My husband and I go out for early meals before the Orchestra on Thursday nights, so our geography is limited but our choice of restaurants is not. This week we decided to try something new and went to Little Nonna's and wasn't disappointed. We started with sharing croquette style mushroom luscious balls that just melted in my mouth. We ordered the garlic bread, which was good. My husband had the seafood mixto and I had the rigatoni with eggplant and lamb sausage. Mine was just divine. My husband loved his. The wine selection was small, totally Italian, but very, very good. Everything was reasonably priced for the exceptionally high quality received. I'm looking forward to returning. Our server was Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014love the outside garden while the everything was really good/ well prepared, we all felt that it was too salty- no need to add salt to such good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2014Dilicious and excellent Service. Will be back. Waitress was super informed and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Italian RestaurantElizabethDined on 10/14/2014I have now dined at Little Nonna's twice, and cannot wait to return! The first time I went was with my mom, sister, and best friend, and we had a wonderful time and tried a little of everything. The caesar salad is the best I have ever had, and I dream about the meatballs weekly. Most recently I went here on a date and it was so nice to sit near each other and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere and flavorful food. I love that the wine lists includes a reasonably priced, superb chianti. We got the garlic break, meatballs, and gnocchi. All were delicious at dinner, and the next day as leftovers. I can't wait for my next excuse to come back.Special Features:
- disappointedglbltvlrVIPDined on 10/13/2014Our first time there, had meat ball, eggplant, and spaghetti with meatball as recommended by our waitress, also had garlic bread and later desert. The bread was very good, eggplant was ok except for a little burt. The others are mediocre, meatballs seemed not heated through. The tiramisu is even more disappointing, mashed looking, tasted soggy. Not impressed at all.
- KJ5200Dined on 10/12/2014Had a great time; the food and wine selection was good, but it is the overall ambiance of that makes this restaurant a special place.Special Features:
- Very Tasty ItalianoJkraziDined on 10/9/2014Went here to complete our visits to Jamenero, Lolita, and Barbuzzo, all which we loved. Service and ambience at Noona's were great. We sat out in the patio which has an ingenious Plexiglas cover and our server was very thorough and attentive. We had the Gravy Bowl and the seafood in broth dish, Both were good, but frankly didn't compare to our unique dining at the other three. Maybe it was just that we ordered simple dishes.Special Features:
- Great flavor but noisyLightSauceVIPDined on 10/7/2014The food is great especially if you're into meatballs. They are a must have. Very loud location inside and outside. High on my list for restaurants in the Philadelphia area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.