Little India Restaurant - Belmar
425 S. Teller St
Lakewood, CO 80226Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Little India Restaurant - Belmar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.littleindiadenver.com/
- Phone: 3039379777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can accommodate up to 12 guests and we offer semi-private dining for up to 30 guests. Little India (Belmar) is also available for buyout events.
- Private Party Contact: Host/Hostess on Duty 3039379777
A word from Little India Restaurant - Belmar
Voted Denver's Best Indian Restaurant twelve years straight, featuring traditional and innovative Indian dishes to satisfy any discriminating palate, plus nice, down-to-earth service. The extensive menu boasts the best flavors of India , from popular, well-known dishes to traditional gems that will tantalize the taste buds of even the most discriminating member of the Indian population. Under the directives of a wonderful Punjabi chef, the menu highlights specialties of such areas as Madras, Punjab and Bombay, offering the finest cuisine prepared in the traditions of northern India. Little India is also an ideal destination for anyone seeking a vegetarian restaurant in Denver; while the menu might not be exclusively vegetarian, there is an ample selection of meat-free cuisine for the herbivores of the world to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Little India Restaurant - Belmar reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)romantic (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Forever FavoriteFoodieFanVIPDined on 6/9/2014Having eaten at Little India dozens of times says it all. My sister, visiting from Florida, asked to eat at Little India when I met her in the airport. However, we dined with my dear friend and the three of us shared the chicken tikka saag, chicken tikka curry and the chicken tikka masala. Delicious, fresh and served with rice - we also ordered naan which is baked to perfection. Can't wait to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodlarryjDined on 5/11/2014The food at Little India was great. The only issue was having to wait even though we had a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsrgiffDined on 5/6/2014This is one of our regulars and it is consistently good. Service is friendly and great Indian food.Special Features:
- Indian Food at its BestFoodieFanVIPDined on 4/22/2014Everything about Little India is great- the food, the service, the location and the ambiance. My friend and I enjoyed lunch- she ordered the chicken curry and I ordered the chicken saag both with rice, - both fantastic. We enjoyed hot chai and naan as well. Our server was friendly and attentive and the service as always, was quick.Special Features:
- Service needs workhillaramaDined on 4/16/2014This was my first time eating Indian food, so I definitely needed help navigating the menu. When I asked the server what comes with each entree, he said, "The usual sides for your table." Umm, how am I supposed to know what the usual sides are? The server didn't offer suggestions and was extremely late getting the bill back to us (we had all finished and not touched a thing for about 15-20 minutes before he asked if we wanted the check). Also, I was a server, and I'm pretty sure I learned on day one that you NEVER grab a glass or bowl from the top when you're serving food to a table because it's a health issue. Our food runner grabbed all three of our entrees from the top of the bowl. Anyway, the decor is nice and the food was ok.Special Features:
- The following 120 reviews are from the Little India Restaurant - Belmar reviews archive.
- Always Outstanding!FoodieFanVIPDined on 3/31/2014My friend and I meet monthly for lunch and always dine at Little India in Belmar because we love it! The food, the service and the ambiance - all outstanding! She ordered chicken curry and I had the lamb saag- absolutely wonderful. Already looking forward to meeting next month.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceNicoleDined on 3/29/2014The ambiance was great, the service fast and friend, and the food was tasty (although it could have been spicier). Overall, a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Consistently greatDocmomDined on 3/2/2014We have been eating at this restaurant for several years. The food and service are consistently good. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful!FoodieFanVIPDined on 2/17/2014I have dined at Little India many many times and always have enjoyed the food, and service. My favorites include the Chicken Tikka Masala and Lamb Saag which are prepared perfectly and you can order mild, medium or spicy. The Belmar location is great and there is a lot of shopping nearby. There is amble room for a large group or a big family and whether I am dining with a friend or my entire family, the servers are attentive and helpful and the food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD SERVICE WAS MEDIOCRESnobDined on 2/14/2014We had a reservation and when we arrived, we were told the wait would be 15 minutes. Well, we waited for another half an hour. I went up to the front desk and asked how much longer and then was told another 10 minutes. Ten minutes passed and we were still waiting. Finally, abut 20-25 minutes later we were seated. I understand it was Valentine's Day...but good grief...Extra staff help should have been added knowing that that day was going to be busy. They did not have a pager for any of the patrons waiting to get seated. The food was good otherwise and service wasn't too bad.Special Features:
- Reliable Indian Food... But priceyCentralDenverResidentDined on 1/7/2014Little India is generally consistent across their multiple Denver area locations... The food and service quality at Belmar is top notch. The menu is standard Indian resturant fare. But, be ready to pay about twice as much for the same entrees as you would at most other Indian restaurants in the area, like India's Restaurant, India Oven, or Taste of India. Cuisine of the Himalaya's near Evergreen is by far the best tasting and fairly priced I've come across locally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy Indian foodmlskDined on 12/28/2013If you have never tried Indian food, this is the place! Friendly staff will eagerly help you with the menu. Very tasty and different food. Always fun to try something new!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!ShelleyDined on 12/7/2013This was our first time at the Little India in Belmar...still the same great food that we've become addicted to at the other Little India restaurants in Denver. Will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and restaurant!!EmerEssenDined on 11/29/2013The chicken curry is amazing, tandoori wings are great appetizers and the service was wonderful. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly as was the rest of the staff!! I think this is the best Indian restaurant in town!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumGapachniDined on 10/25/2013Very good Indian cuisine. The food was served in authentic copper/brass vessels. Will return!Special Features:
- Little trouble in little indiaTriggerman1961Dined on 10/19/2013Over all, a great experience. Never has indian food before, the staff very helphul. Not as hot as i expected. Fun place for a novice to experience something new. Staff wasnt expecting us to be on time, had to wait 20 minutes for a table. Go after 7:30 pm and the place is less crowded on the weekends.Special Features:
- Consistent and FriendlycdechilloVIPDined on 10/18/2013This spot does a great job and keeps the Lakewood crowd coming back again and again. We love going for Dinner and have tried the Tikka Masala, Vindaloo (they can really crank up the heat) and Samosas. Great selection of flavored Naan's, but we usually order the regular and let it soak up our entrees flavor. In addition they have an outstanding lunch buffet with excellent variety, solid Indian Flavors and reasonably priced (I think it was $11 +/- pp). Check it out!Special Features:
- Excellent foodHerbaldivaDined on 9/28/2013My husband & I look forward to eating here whenever we're in town. We work in Denver/Lakewood area a lot and we make it a point to eat here on a Saturday night. We look forward to always getting excellent consistent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great experience!jen777VIPDined on 9/23/2013Much thanks to Paige for her sweet smile and great service, as well as her enthusiasm for my novice-to-Indian-food friend. She loved it all and we will be back for more delicious dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living up to the nameDenverDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2013This is another in the Denver Little India chain; I believe there are three, but I might be wrong about that. I wasn't sure how opening another one in a mall was going to work, but the quality still shines through. Since this one is closest to where we live now, we'll definitely be going back. Their takeout is fabulous, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoriteFoodieFanVIPDined on 8/14/2013For our daughter's birthday, she requested dining at Little India in Belmar and since we have a long, long history of dining at Little India, the entire family thought it was a perfect choice. It has always been and still is one of our favorite restaurants. We decided to sit out o the patio and it was a perfect evening. The service, as always, was attentive and wonderful. The food as well. Although I think the chicken tikka masala is my absolute favorite, I tried the lamb saag and it was amazing! Everyone in my family loved their food and drink choices. We ordered a chocolate cake for dessert for the birthday girl and it too was delicious! So looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Nice Upscale FeelPaulVIPDined on 8/2/2013Great for before or after a movie or bowling, which are within steps. Great bar. Menu is wide ranging and they accommodate varying levels of "heat" in your food. All the Indian standards and some interesting twists. Worth a visit even if you're not bowling!Special Features:
- The service was great everyoneLUV2dineDined on 6/16/2013The service was great everyone was kind the scene was comfortable and relaxing . The food was amazing. I would recommend Little India for those who like the balance of fine spice in their food.Special Features:
- We had a nice table outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2013We had a nice table outside as we had requested. The waiter was personable and attentive without being obtrusive. My son was visiting from NC, said that this was one of the best Indian restaurants that he had EVER been to. All our food choices were spiced as we had requested and the portion size was ample. All 5 of us were very pleased!!Special Features:
- I couldn't remember the typeSizeMattersDined on 6/7/2013I couldn't remember the type of food I was looking for but I could describe it. The waiter was able to provide an absolutely awesome recommendation that was exactly what I was looking for. The breads were very tasty and exactly the way I remember it. I met a lady there for the first time and the ambience was exceptional. We sat outside where we could view the pedestrian foot traffic as well as hear the goings on of the neighborhood without drowning out our conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian Food in DenversmartiVIPDined on 5/17/2013We've been going to Little India for the better part of 20 years--since they first opened the location at 6th and Grant. We always have exceptional food, both during dinner and at the lunch buffet. Service is dependably good. The Happy Hour at the Belmar location, along with the beautiful outdoor patio, brings us back again and again. Sometimes, they even have a live sitar player. Try the tamarind margarita, chicken tikka masala, lamb or veggie korma, and coconut shrimp. They recently started offering combo plates--both a vegetarian and non-vegetarian option--that are a great way to sample more than one thing at dinner. Saag dishes are always good and if you like spicy food (and I'm not kidding!) try a madras dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricy, but good drinks,NateDined on 5/12/2013A little pricy, but good drinks, good food, good company and nice to get a spot on the patio on a nice evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013We had a marvelous dinner. It was lovely outside watching folks walk by. Our servers were very attentive, and the food was delicious! We will definitely be visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceworldstradDined on 5/11/2013The food is consistently very good. The service is always friendly. My only gripe is that the tables are small and with a group of 4 people we barely had room to put our glasses down.Special Features:
- Great - as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2013Our dinner may have been one of the best we've ever had at any of the Little India locations. Everything was beautifully done, service was excellent, food delicious, nice jazz in the background. Simply a top notch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors were not present likeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013Flavors were not present like I've had in traditional Indian food before. When we sat down we were asked multiple times in a five minute period if we were ready to order. I actually had to ask the server if he was in a rush to serve us. After our confrontation, service became better.
- I am Indian. It is not thelalaDined on 3/5/2013I am Indian. It is not the best Indian food. I am very picky about my Indian food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian Food...yeaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013We went for 52.80 and it was great. They served more than they usually do and it was amazing. We had the chai tea with Indian rum. Wow. Try it. We just ate what our waiter suggested and we were both very happy with it.Special Features:
- Simply amazing. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2013Simply amazing. The food was top notch and the staff was very knowledgeable about the food.Special Features:
- Decided to give it a try basedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/22/2013Decided to give it a try based on the positive reviews. We eat Indian food weekly and something about this place was off. The color of the food was different, the spices missing, just didn't look or taste authentic. Wasn't a bad experience but not something I'd do again and they won't miss me. The place was packed.
- A great place to go with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2013A great place to go with friends and family to share entrees. The food was great with good live music in playing in the background.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve... the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012New Year's Eve... the place was packed... other than having to wait 20 minutes past our reservation time for a table, and it taking 25 minutes to get a cockatail, everything was good.Special Features:
- Wonderful food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/29/2012Was a great experience for never having Indian food before. The bread is a must when getting your meal. It makes everything taste that much better. Don't sit in direct line of the front door on a cold night. Terrible draft of cold air even towards the middle of the restaurant. I am ready to go back for the food already.Special Features:
- Simply the BestFoodieFanVIPDined on 12/22/2012Just when I thought nothing could be better than my favorite, the chicken tikka masala, Little India in Belmar offered a special for the night - it DID include the chicken tikka masala, but also included saag paneer and lamb curry - also a side of aromatic basmati rice, punjabi samosa (deep fried crisp pastries filled with mashed potato and peas) and warm naan. I've dined at Indian restaurants all over the world but I have to say that this is the best Indian food I have ever had. So lucky to have Little India in Lakewood and happily, the food is equally as good in the other Little India locations in the Denver metro area - I have dined in all of them!Special Features:
- Little India is a great restaurant!FoodieFanVIPDined on 12/16/2012Little India is and has been one of my favorite restaurants for many years and I have dined in all of the metro Denver locations. I always enjoy the food - my personal favorite, the chicken tikka masala- but I have also tried and enjoyed the saags and vindaloos. The naan is wonderful whether it is the regular or garlic. The servers are helpful and attentive. Overall, Little India in Belmar is a great choice for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features: