121 West St.
Rutland, VT 05701Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://littleharrys.com/
- Phone: 8027474848
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Little Harry's
We are a cozy cafe in downtown Rutland that serves a varied menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Little Harry's reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (8)hot spot (7)romantic (5)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- You can go backFoodLoverDined on 10/14/2014It had been a few years since we had been in the area and was looking forward to going to Little Harry's again. It did not disappoint. I still was able to get their corn bisque with shrimp!!! WONDERFUL!!!! Stuffed mushrooms and a salad and flan to go and I was fine. Steak terayki for John with a brownie sundea, diconstructed to take bake to the hotel and all was well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeblc914Dined on 9/9/2014Little Harry's is a great spot to go if you're visiting Rutland. It's small but the food is always good. Very consistent. The menu was updated and I prefer the old menu, but the food was still good. Can't go wrong by eating here. Definitely make a reservation because it is small.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceVtdinerDined on 9/2/2014The service at Little Harry's is top notch. Despite paving going on right outside, it was quiet and pleasant. Food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent place to goKopankanVIPDined on 8/27/2014Also open Sundays when Table 24 is closed. The daily specials, particularly fish, are always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!KJbellDined on 8/21/2014Little Harry's is one of our favorite spots to eat in the Rutland area. We especially like their Thursday night Thai 3 course meals, but we aren't able to get there much on Thursdays. The rest of their menu is always superb, as is their waitstaff, and owner Jack is very special!Special Features:
- Best Thai Food In RutlandharrysfanDined on 8/15/2014Another great meal at Little Harry's! Excellent service and meal was cooked to perfection. I especially recommend Pad Thai !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/7/2014While visiting in town, I chose Little Harry's over a couple of other nice farm to table establishments. My husband and I were thrilled with our dinner. Selection of items was broad and diverse and the service was great. We were made to feel at home and even ended up buying a painting off the wall from a great local artist. I may not ever be back in Rutland, but I highly recommend Little Harry's!Special Features:
- The following 81 reviews are from the Little Harry's reviews archive.
- Overpriced.MarcDined on 5/17/2014Wife and I had a gift certificate to this place and I was very disappointed since the reviews were really good. Decor was all over the place and the food was very overpriced. I had the scallops casino and I was just ok. My plate had a small portion. My wife had the tortellini in some type of oil. It was very oily and salty. For $20+ A plate I could have gone somewhere else and had better with some to take home. I dint care to see pics under the glass tabletop either. It had the price of a high class restaurant with a diner feel at the table. Any place that chargers more than $20 a plate should not have pictures under the tabletop glass. Very disappointed!! In my opinion it was food. That's it. Nothing to recommend on my end.Special Features:
- Best meal since moving to Vermont!KeithCarrieDined on 5/14/2014Celebrated our 9th Wedding Anniversary here on a quiet Wednesday night & it was absolutely the best meal I have had since moving to VT. The calamari is to die for & we highly recommend it. Also, the swordfish & salmon specials were superb! Our compliments to the chef & the fabulous staff! =)Special Features:
- One of the highlights of our trip!Zeke6262Dined on 5/11/2014If you're looking for a place that's been around for awhile, that's Little Harry's. Everything was just perfect--Debbie, our waitress, was wonderful; the food was out of this world. Our only regret is that it's so far away from Rochester, NY. We definitely will be back in the Fall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic menu, good qualitykpwBostonDined on 5/1/2014General American fare coupled with a swath of thai-inspired food. Interesting! I stuck with the American, going for the stuffed pork chop. The chop was cooked perfectly (slightly pink, still very juicy). The chop wasn't exactly stuffed, but topped with stuffing that was tasty but nothing special (basic homemade style). The best part was the peach chutney, delicious and a perfect accompaniment (the applesauce was good too). The potatoes were odd--deep-fried whole potatoes, ended up a bit dry. Chocolate mousse was fantastic, with tiny bits of chocolate within the silky mousse making a great contrast. It took a long time to get noticed at the door (>10 minutes, with servers passing me several times), but once seated it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Harry's WonderfulwheelervilleVIPDined on 4/19/2014Our favorite restaurant in Rutland. Food is excellent and staff is very attentive. Wide variety of choices. I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- OK - nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014The server was not attentive, the meal was tasty but overpriced. Considering the moderate level of business, it took quite a long time for the meal to be prepared. The napkins at the table have a very offensive odor - probably from the solvent used to clean them. The napkins were replaced with paper at my request. Overall, a fair to good dining experience.
- Def hidden secretShawnDined on 4/11/2014Little Harry's is hands down one of the best in rutland! I kinda think of myself as a food critic and I'll tell u right now u won't be disappointed here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- some folks in my party likedxxxx1Dined on 4/3/2014some folks in my party liked food, others not. The mussels are good. Don't order the flauta.
- Great specials & homemade ravioliDave1976Dined on 3/15/2014What a great gem Rutland has! Little Harry's was a wonderful experience for the two of us. Great food, prompt service, excellent wine list. Comfortable downtown setting, but be prepared for a pleasant amount of noise as the place is full and tables just a little bit crowded. Had the lobster and crabmeat homemade ravioli with scallops, mussels, mushrooms and artichokes. Just delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of ours in Rutland!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014This has quickly become a favorite of ours. Consistently delicious.Special Features:
- Would visit againhcp1Dined on 3/8/2014Cozy restaurant with a nice wine list and something for everyone on the menu. Save room for dessert, you won't be sorry. We had the Lemon cheesecake with raspberry sauce. Heavenly! To ensure you get a table, I highly recommend making a reservation via their website as the place fills up quickly after 6:00 PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but...SAPDinerDined on 2/28/2014The food and service were good but not great for the price. Not a bad place to eat but nothing I would recommend.Special Features:
- Friday Night DinnerThomasDined on 2/28/2014Had a very enjoyable meal st Little Harry's. Easy to find, convienient on street parking. Very nice menu and choice of nightly specials. My wive had a Ravioli special and raved about it all weekend. Would go back again, TomSpecial Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2014We really enjoyed Little Harry's! It was our first visit. The dining area is small, not much space between us and the other diners, you could call it cozy! Our waitress was very nice but our service was a tad slow especially considering we had 2 kids and 3 - 4 tables left before we finished our appetizers. If we weren't with kids I wouldn't have minded. We ate too much food because it was so delicious. I wish I had room for dessert! We'll be back :)Special Features:
- Favorite SpotRJW7911Dined on 2/6/2014I had not been to Little Harry's in over 5 years. In the past it was my favorite dining spot if I was anywhere near Rutland. Well they didn't let me down. Same wonderful food and staff. I had my smae favorite Chicken Tiffany, that was exactly how I remembered it-Excellent!!!Special Features:
- Good alternativeKopankanVIPDined on 2/5/2014Nice place and good alternative to other above-average dining options in Rutland (Table 24).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Similar to their other restaurantFrancophileDined on 1/10/2014We hadn't been to "Big" Harry's in years since we were completely underwhelmed after a decade of patronization, but we thought we'd give it a try. It was okay, but another decade can pass before we will go back. The ginger wonton appetizer is excellent, but the rest of the food was okay to good.Special Features:
- The food and service are greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/7/2014The food and service are great and has a nice atmoshere
- Another great visitPrinceDined on 12/15/2013We are semi regulars at Little Harry's for a number of years. On every visit, they have never disappointed. We have brought Grand children and they have been accommodated. Food is always well prepared, finely seasoned and the menu has many varieties for all tastes. Drinks are generous and well made. Staff is friendly and attentive. We love Little Harry' s restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, but...GeneDined on 12/13/2013Little Harry's is one of the BEST restaurants in Rutland. The food is great, beyond great, and the staff is very nice and accommodating. The problem is the "out of towners" who think like to hear themselves talk, or cackle. I understand people like to have fun, but when one table overpowers everything else in the restaurant and no one says anything to them to maybe just be a little more quiet, that ruins the dinner for everyone else. Was trying to have a little romantic dinner and the table next to us was completely unbearable - very loud and obnoxious. What started out as a very nice night turned into frustration and annoyance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time!HolsDined on 12/7/2013Dinner. For two, very nice atmsphere, quiet, great food great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!NicoleDined on 11/30/2013We had never eaten here and made a reservation after seeing an early movie. We were seated right away in a booth in the back (which wasn't the most comfortable, but definitely passable). Our server was attentive, the food / alcohol menu expansive, and everything we ordered was delicious. I would highly recommend checking this out if you're in Rutland!Special Features:
- ColdPeepsDined on 11/30/2013Very great food as always. But every time time one walked in the door we were freezjng!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pre theater favoriteRjfoodDined on 11/22/2013Great food and service. Convenient to the Paramont theater and easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Harry's was an greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013Little Harry's was an great night out.. You pay for what you get! Great service! Good to go out to dinner just because or for a special night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013We love eating at Little Harry's before a show at the Paramount. Just be sure to make reservations because it's quite popular. Especially nice is that there is a small selection of local beers on tap, including Switchback and Drop-in's Red Dwarf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday-Graduation-Holloween4of100Dined on 10/26/2013I picked Little Harry's for probably their busiest night, the night of the Rutland Holloween parade. Also my birthday and my nephew's graduation. Flat out Little Harry's staff was still friendly and helpful and the food was very good. Some picky eaters in the crowd found items to their liking while the more adventurous found plenty to enjoy also. A very nice dinner for six and out in time for the parade. I made the right choice and Little Harry's came through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to go before a show.threetwooneDined on 10/22/2013Went there based upon open table reviews. Was there the night of an event at the Paramount. The server wisely advised not to wait to place our order because the place was going to be packed. (When we arrived there were very few people). She was right, the place exploded with activity and the servers were working in overdrive. Had the salmon and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need to go back to basics for servimargaritaDined on 10/13/2013only 6:30 and already out of two specials, order wine got half of glass because the were out later we, had to go to the bar to get another glass of wine to have with our mealSpecial Features:
- DiversityHungryTrioDined on 10/5/2013The biggest draw for us is the diversity of menu items. Nothing hum drum about it, lots of interesting flavor combinations that you would never find at other restaurants in the area. It is a small place and tight fit, so not for the claustrophobic. There were three of us, each choosing different fish dishes from the regular menu....everyone was pleased. If there was one negative, it would be that an obvious smoker was seated directly behind me (which is a matter of inches away), and you could pick up the odor off her clothes. I would have requested another table had there been the space and we had not been seated first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly service, great foodkevinjamesDined on 10/4/2013We are from out of town but we saw the yelp reviews and decided to check this place out. We where seated promptly on a Friday night after placing our reservation online 1 hour prior. The waitress was very nice and the food was very good. We especially enjoyed the Pad Thai appetizer. The home made lemon cheesecake was absolutely phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodchipDined on 8/31/2013my husband and i love coming here ,having been a regular at harrys in mount holly for years, we then discovered its relative little harrys in rutland as we frequent the flagship cinemas and the restaurant is just a few blocks away.The food is consistently delicious ( pad thai is the best! ) its cozy atmosphere warm and friendly staff and great service all are the reasons this restaurant wins our vote time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013I love the menu at Little Harry's. There is always something interesting to try. My husband absolutely loved his salmon and is ready to go back for that alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.