5632 N. 7th St
Phoenix, AZ 85014Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxrc.com/restaurants/little-cleos-seaf
- Phone: (602) 680-4044
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Little Cleo's
Little Cleo’s, named after the iconic fishing lure is located at The Yard — a unique, neighborhood-inspired development project. When you step inside Little Cleo’s, you’ve discovered a hidden coastal gem in the heart of a Central Phoenix neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Little Cleo's - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Little Cleo's reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (43)hot spot (31)special occasion (26)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (14)romantic (8)notable wine list (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Everything is great.lynlouDined on 11/17/2014Hush Puppies, Fish and Chips, Kale Salad, Shrimp Cocktail, Land de Mer, are all wonderful and we order some or part each time we return. We highly recommend Little Cleo's. The outside in The Yard is noisy but inside it's calm. Of course, it helps to know when you can't find a parking place to say you have a reservation for Little Cleo's. It's one of our new favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aimee1411VIPDined on 11/11/2014I loved the food but the setting of the restaurant was kind of unexpected: right next to The Yard and The Culinary Dropout: two very lively places frequented by young people ... I would have preferred this restaurant to be in its own building. Let's just say that to me, the food was more upscale than the restaurant. But I would definitely recommend going there if you like good and original seafood dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little CleosKathyPDined on 11/10/2014Excellent restaurant, would highly recommend to family and friends. Food is excellent. You can easily have a great meal with a mix of small plates. The "bacon and eggs" is so tasty and the crab is decadent. The selection of oysters varies and they are all delictible. Try Little Cleaos you w on't be disappointed.Special Features:
- a great seafood findDandyDonDined on 11/10/2014I wish that I had discovered little Cleos much earlier. This is a great neighborhood gem of a restaurant. All of the seafood is flown in fresh daily it is prepared in many different ways. All the meals really encouraged sharing by all of the parties at the tables and makes for a really wonderful warm dining experience. The staff, from the hostess / host to the wait staff and the cooks couldn't have been more friendly or warm. The service was friendly and very efficient yet wasn't intrusive whatsoever. Overal lit was a great dining experience. I will go back for many years to come and I would encourage anyone and everyone to try this jam out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DentonVIPDined on 11/3/2014The kale salad was outstanding. The bouillabaisse and blackened cod were very good. Too much noise to allow conversation if dining outdoors.
- WonderulwwwwVIPDined on 10/30/2014Great oysters and overall best seafood and service in PhoenixSpecial Features:
- Great...butGrumpyGuyDined on 10/25/2014Based on vibe only, we tried this with another couple. Despite the noise and live music at The Yard next door., it was quiet and comfortable. Like many fresh seafood places, there was a bit of a fishy smell that hits you first, not enough to make you leave, but there. The menu is clearly for the cosmopolitan and adventuresome...with the more exotic seafood offerings making up most of the menu. The others in my group had the salmon, the ahi and the black cod...all perfecly prepared and presented--naked on the plate with little adornment. I had the traditional fish and chips that were excellent--crispy outside, tender fresh fish inside. The service staff were responsive, the waiter was not. A bit pricey but well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuArrrgm8tDined on 10/22/2014It was a pleasant experience overall. Pricy menu, but delicious food. I feel this is a great special occasion place. They do have a wonderful oyster happy hour, but since they don't open till 5:00 and the hh is over at 6:00 not much opportunity there for someone that works till 5:00 or 5:30. For the ladies, I really liked the hook table stand for your purse. The restaurant is very clean. It wasn't busy when we were there and we had a lot of attention from the wait staff.Special Features:
- King Neptune would love it here!littleoneVIPDined on 10/18/2014Little Cleo's remains one of our all time favorites! It truly is a Seafood lovers dream! The Food is Consistently Delicious - the Oysters (ALL of them) are AMAZING! The Crab in a Jar would bring King Neptune to his knees - it certainly did us! All the servers are efficient and pleasant but one server really stands out - (Leotyne) - is GREAT! She's always pleasant - always wearing a smile on her face - attentive, efficient and very knowledgeable about the Fare! Keep it up Little Cleo's and we'll be back....again...and again....and again! Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Cleo's TasteveeemDined on 10/11/2014Little Cleo's is a great find. Good service, GREAT food, wonderful choices of cocktails/drinks. A bit noisy due to the hard surfaces, however, worth it for the food.Special Features:
- Over Priced - Noisy AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Seriously over priced for the level of food and service. Atmosphere is lacking in this very small and noisy restaurant. Reminds you of being in a diner with a seafood bar. Wait staff is not adequately trained for the price point. Beer selection is terrible ! If your main thing is oysters or fried and grilled seafood you need good beer and good cocktail sauce and this restaurant has neither ! Dinner for 2 cost $ 150 that with 2 drinks each and tip. For that Price you can find many much better options
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014If you are looking for a true FRC Experience this isn't itSpecial Features:
- Seafood Cravings Well SatisfiedCathygVIPDined on 10/11/2014Little Cleo's offers up the best selection of seafood we have seen on any other Phoenix menu. The Shrimp Po'boy was fantastic and a must try. The medium shrimp are lightly coated/fried, plump and tasty offset by marinated onion on a crispy crust hero and a side of slaw. Sweet corn puree, fava beans and mushrooms made the light and smooth flavor of the wild salmon bloom. $1 Oysters were very tasty with just a little lemon. No need to cover them up with cocktail sauce or horseradish. My squid ink pasta with mussels topped the list for me because it's hard to find this dish done right. We will be back for more. Pure, simple, creative and outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful Seafood Gem in ArizonaAZFoodieDined on 10/9/2014The best oysters around!!! The warm King Crab in a jar is fantastic. Love this place, Fox Concepts delivers again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousWallyBDined on 10/9/2014Little Cleo's exceeded our expectations. Everything we tired was delicious (the clam chowder could have been hotter), and the selections are varied and diverse. Don't miss the "Warm jar of king crab and butter with grilled bread." And the café du monde style beignets, with whiskey caramel sauce. Great way to top off a great dinner.Special Features:
- Overpriced For The FareBestmexicanfoodVIPDined on 9/27/2014Good food, but not even close to the best sea food in town. Choice was limited (no lobster, no clams, no halibut). Too expensive for what you get. I left hungary some $50 later. Mainly shrimp and oysters and salmon on the menu. I can get most of these seafood items at any steak houses in the valley. If you want good seafood go someplace else. Ambiance was ok, this place would be better served as a diner. It has a great look and feel as a 1940's or early 1950s set up, but looks more like a diner than a seafood restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Except for the smell of dead fish when walking in, the food was exceptional once we got used to the smell. We would've eaten outside but no misters and it was hot. I had the ahi tuna which was great and my husband had the fish and chips which he enjoyed. The corn small plate was the best we've had. It was my birthday and the waiter, who was awesome, gave me a free dessert. Would definitely go back, but sit outside!Special Features:
- Could have been so much better.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014The concept is great- San Francisco oyster bar. But they play 50's music on a loop?!? Not sure what that's about and after 30 minutes of it I was so annoyed I wanted to leave. The food is okay, but the portions are pretty small for the price. The service was horrible. There were 10 people in the place and it took 90 minutes to get out of there. And the chairs were so uncomfortable it only added to the disappointing experience.
- Food and Service was FANTASTIC!CJmicDined on 9/13/2014There were so many wonderful choices on the menu, my husband and I had a hard time deciding so we ordered a few "small plates". Everything was so delicious! Every bite you wanted to close your eyes and just take it all in! Our waiter was super friendly and very knowledgeable of all the menu items. He knew the specific taste for each oyster being offered on the half shell and easily made recommendations. We highly recommend Little Cleo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAZRetireeVIPDined on 9/1/2014Not worth the trip. Most of the entres were either spicey or had spicey accompaniments. Ahi tuna much better at other restaurants.
- Cute place, good foodErin150VIPDined on 8/30/2014Little Cleo's is a neat little spot right in the middle of the busting Yard, but it manages to remain a nice restaurant with good food and good service. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Every thing was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The manager was very nice and so was our waiter. The foodbwasngreat and I look forward to trying other dishes. I will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for mediocrekmccazDined on 8/25/2014Had guest from Canada in town wanted to take them to a small locals place to get the feel of Phoenix. The overall ambiance was fine with the Yard and Culinary School Dropouts all right there. Unfortunately at Little Cleos prices were VERY high for mediocre uncreative food. Oysters for 1/2 doz $21, wine by the glass limited selection and not remarkable, fish and chips greasy, squid ink linguini was awful, not a lot of good to say about food for a $250 dinner for 4. They will have to step it up if they expect to survive.Special Features:
- Great StaffFood4thoughtDined on 8/22/2014Went there before a theater show and informed the staff midway through dinner. From there they "took off" like jets to get us out on time. The food was perfect from beginning to end!Special Features:
- BowieDined on 8/22/2014Food overall a bit disappointing although oysters and loup de mer were excellent. Prices high for what you getSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is delish!JRadVIPDined on 8/18/2014Fresh oysters and seafood! Our server Shad was amazing. He knew the menu and every ingredient in every dish. He paired wine with each course to perfection. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Oysters in Town!ChambersofFearDined on 8/18/2014Always looking for great raw bar, and Cleo's delivers! Their selection of daily fresh oysters is outstanding!Special Features:
- Young, un-trained staffDogulaVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food is very good here, but the staff is iffy. This is our 3rd time here because they have a great oysters, but the help is poorly trained. Walking in you are greeted by a hostess that has zero personality. This has been our experience on all 3 of our visits even though all the hostesses have been different. Our server didn't tell us about the 4-course dinner available, seemed confused when I asked her about the wine parings. When she brought us our 1st wine paring, she didn't even tell us what it was. On the rest of the parings, she brought the glasses to the table already poured and mumbled the name each time. They should have had a Sommelier bringing the wine and pouring them at the table while describing each wine as it should be.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Little CleoMarlyDined on 8/15/2014I first visited Little Cleo's for my birthday. I was happily surprised on how nice was the place and the ambiance. The staff made me feel right at home. Our service was excellent. Our waitress never made us feel like rushed or not welcome. The food was really good my favorites are the hush puppies and the beignets.Special Features:
- server with an attitudenyerinurfaceDined on 8/9/2014all was great except we had a server with a NYC attitude,that does not work in the west. We spoke to the manager (James,his first day as GM) hew was great, took all of our constructive criticism in stride and was really interested in fixing the problem. we eat in at least 2-3 fox restaurants a week, and usually have noting but great things to saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!MomaMeggieDined on 8/6/2014Finding good seafood in Phoenix can be a challenge, but Little Cleo's is up to the task. The menu had several options that I would like to try (and will go back to do just that). The king crab in a jar is a must, the octopus is very tasty, and the fish and chips are fantastic. The loupe de mer was slightly boring, but good nonetheless. Portions are reasonable so you can try several things without having too much. The ambiance in the restaurant is very cool with 50's music, open kitchen, clustered in beside The Yard in a converted garage. I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible FoodZZtopsDined on 8/1/2014We had high expectations for Little Cleo's as we love the other Fox Restaurants and we love seafood, but the food was terrible. We tried 4 appetizers, 3 entrees and 2 desserts. None of them were great, most were bad. The king crab entree was the worst - horribly over cooked. The cheesy garlic bread was disgusting. Frog legs were interesting and ahi tuna appetizer was good. We loved the atmosphere, the service was excellent, but the restaurant needs a new chef and some new food choices.Special Features:
- great find!finefoodieDined on 7/31/2014We ordered off of the summer menu. It was absolutely excellent. The summer menu provided an opportunity to try several different items. The frog legs were delicious as were the oysters. I would definitely come back. Everyone in the restaurant was friendly and provided excellent service.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightGoodeatsDined on 7/25/2014Chef was spectacular ,seafood was fresh, great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 113 reviews are from the Little Cleo's reviews archive.
- Seafood done right!phxfoodloverVIPDined on 7/24/2014We sampled multiple small plates with an Arizona wine. Staff was great! Food was great! you must try the frog legs and the hush puppies.Special Features:
- Bivalves a plentyFranDined on 7/22/2014We went for the oysters got a lot more. The summer value menu is great for a first timer to Cleo's. My husband went with the half doz of oysters and scallops , he loved them. the server was great don't remember his name but, he was very attentive and didn't rush us , we were with friends and wanted to visit. We were there for three hours and it flew by. the double timing Mgr was also great and talked to us and also showed us to our table as I thought he was the host.He was out side fixing up the hostess area as we walked up, nice chap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but still hungryAK47Dined on 7/19/2014Food was good, but if you're paying $24-26 per entree, I feel that throwing a couple sides on the plate would be nice. Bouillabaisse was wonderful; salmon was not great, and only had a few sprinklings of corn kernals and 3 slivers of mushrooms. Pretty pathetic - I don't want to look at a pretty decoration and still be hungry!
- service and food were fabuloushellokitlyDined on 7/18/2014The staff was really nice and attentive. The food was fabulous. Fresh and delicious. We will definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, Delicious and Cute!StefunkneeDined on 7/17/2014Oyster Selection is fantastic, if you like oysters Little Cleo's is a must. If you don't like oysters, Little Cleo's is still a must. We sat at the counter, which was highly recommended by other reviewers, and it did not disappoint. . Food was amazing. We had 1/2 lb of the $14 oysters from CA, and 1/2lb of the $21 oysters from Newzland, squeeze of lemon was all you needed. We also got the "Bacon" and eggs appetizer, which was probably the best thing I have ever eaten and I'm that big of a fan of eggs. We also had the Grilled Octopus appetizer, another something I dont really like, but this I loved. The place is secluded enough, you do not even notice you are at the Yard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, not greatScotDined on 7/17/2014The restaurant was so noisy as to be very hard to hear, even when not completely full. The food was somewhat over-salted, but otherwise tasty. The service was not professional grade, but very nice "college age" service. I was hoping for better, but if meeting in that area would not complain about going back.Special Features: