5632 N. 7th St
Phoenix, AZ 85014Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxrc.com/restaurants/little-cleos-seaf
- Phone: 6026804044x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Little Cleo's
Little Cleo’s, named after the iconic fishing lure is located at The Yard — a unique, neighborhood-inspired development project. When you step inside Little Cleo’s, you’ve discovered a hidden coastal gem in the heart of a Central Phoenix neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Little Cleo's - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Little Cleo's reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)neighborhood gem (68)special occasion (51)hot spot (40)great for outdoor dining (37)vibrant bar scene (34)romantic (23)good for groups (11)late-night find (11)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Every thing was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The manager was very nice and so was our waiter. The foodbwasngreat and I look forward to trying other dishes. I will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Had guest from Canada in town wanted to take them to a small locals place to get the feel of Phoenix. The overall ambiance was fine with the Yard and Culinary School Dropouts all right there. Unfortunately at Little Cleos prices were VERY high for mediocre uncreative food. Oysters for 1/2 doz $21, wine by the glass limited selection and not remarkable, fish and chips greasy, squid ink linguini was awful, not a lot of good to say about food for a $250 dinner for 4. They will have to step it up if they expect to survive.Special Features:
- Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Went there before a theater show and informed the staff midway through dinner. From there they "took off" like jets to get us out on time. The food was perfect from beginning to end!Special Features:
- BowieDined on 8/22/2014Food overall a bit disappointing although oysters and loup de mer were excellent. Prices high for what you getSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is delish!JRadDined on 8/18/2014Fresh oysters and seafood! Our server Shad was amazing. He knew the menu and every ingredient in every dish. He paired wine with each course to perfection. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Oysters in Town!ChambersofFearDined on 8/18/2014Always looking for great raw bar, and Cleo's delivers! Their selection of daily fresh oysters is outstanding!Special Features:
- Young, un-trained staffDogulaVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food is very good here, but the staff is iffy. This is our 3rd time here because they have a great oysters, but the help is poorly trained. Walking in you are greeted by a hostess that has zero personality. This has been our experience on all 3 of our visits even though all the hostesses have been different. Our server didn't tell us about the 4-course dinner available, seemed confused when I asked her about the wine parings. When she brought us our 1st wine paring, she didn't even tell us what it was. On the rest of the parings, she brought the glasses to the table already poured and mumbled the name each time. They should have had a Sommelier bringing the wine and pouring them at the table while describing each wine as it should be.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Little CleoMarlyDined on 8/15/2014I first visited Little Cleo's for my birthday. I was happily surprised on how nice was the place and the ambiance. The staff made me feel right at home. Our service was excellent. Our waitress never made us feel like rushed or not welcome. The food was really good my favorites are the hush puppies and the beignets.Special Features:
- server with an attitudenyerinurfaceDined on 8/9/2014all was great except we had a server with a NYC attitude,that does not work in the west. We spoke to the manager (James,his first day as GM) hew was great, took all of our constructive criticism in stride and was really interested in fixing the problem. we eat in at least 2-3 fox restaurants a week, and usually have noting but great things to saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!MomaMeggieDined on 8/6/2014Finding good seafood in Phoenix can be a challenge, but Little Cleo's is up to the task. The menu had several options that I would like to try (and will go back to do just that). The king crab in a jar is a must, the octopus is very tasty, and the fish and chips are fantastic. The loupe de mer was slightly boring, but good nonetheless. Portions are reasonable so you can try several things without having too much. The ambiance in the restaurant is very cool with 50's music, open kitchen, clustered in beside The Yard in a converted garage. I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible FoodZZtopsDined on 8/1/2014We had high expectations for Little Cleo's as we love the other Fox Restaurants and we love seafood, but the food was terrible. We tried 4 appetizers, 3 entrees and 2 desserts. None of them were great, most were bad. The king crab entree was the worst - horribly over cooked. The cheesy garlic bread was disgusting. Frog legs were interesting and ahi tuna appetizer was good. We loved the atmosphere, the service was excellent, but the restaurant needs a new chef and some new food choices.Special Features:
- great find!finefoodieDined on 7/31/2014We ordered off of the summer menu. It was absolutely excellent. The summer menu provided an opportunity to try several different items. The frog legs were delicious as were the oysters. I would definitely come back. Everyone in the restaurant was friendly and provided excellent service.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightGoodeatsDined on 7/25/2014Chef was spectacular ,seafood was fresh, great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood done right!phxfoodloverVIPDined on 7/24/2014We sampled multiple small plates with an Arizona wine. Staff was great! Food was great! you must try the frog legs and the hush puppies.Special Features:
- Bivalves a plentyFranDined on 7/22/2014We went for the oysters got a lot more. The summer value menu is great for a first timer to Cleo's. My husband went with the half doz of oysters and scallops , he loved them. the server was great don't remember his name but, he was very attentive and didn't rush us , we were with friends and wanted to visit. We were there for three hours and it flew by. the double timing Mgr was also great and talked to us and also showed us to our table as I thought he was the host.He was out side fixing up the hostess area as we walked up, nice chap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but still hungryAK47Dined on 7/19/2014Food was good, but if you're paying $24-26 per entree, I feel that throwing a couple sides on the plate would be nice. Bouillabaisse was wonderful; salmon was not great, and only had a few sprinklings of corn kernals and 3 slivers of mushrooms. Pretty pathetic - I don't want to look at a pretty decoration and still be hungry!
- service and food were fabuloushellokitlyDined on 7/18/2014The staff was really nice and attentive. The food was fabulous. Fresh and delicious. We will definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, Delicious and Cute!StefunkneeDined on 7/17/2014Oyster Selection is fantastic, if you like oysters Little Cleo's is a must. If you don't like oysters, Little Cleo's is still a must. We sat at the counter, which was highly recommended by other reviewers, and it did not disappoint. . Food was amazing. We had 1/2 lb of the $14 oysters from CA, and 1/2lb of the $21 oysters from Newzland, squeeze of lemon was all you needed. We also got the "Bacon" and eggs appetizer, which was probably the best thing I have ever eaten and I'm that big of a fan of eggs. We also had the Grilled Octopus appetizer, another something I dont really like, but this I loved. The place is secluded enough, you do not even notice you are at the Yard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, not greatScotDined on 7/17/2014The restaurant was so noisy as to be very hard to hear, even when not completely full. The food was somewhat over-salted, but otherwise tasty. The service was not professional grade, but very nice "college age" service. I was hoping for better, but if meeting in that area would not complain about going back.Special Features:
- Great SpotwwwwVIPDined on 7/15/2014Best oysters in Arizona. Try the Ahi. The sauce is sooo greatSpecial Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCE AT LITTLE CLEO'SFanPCGDined on 7/14/2014Loved our first experience dining at Little Cleo's. Menu was interesting and food was very good. Service was excellent!!! We were celebrating a birthday and the staff made it a most special occasion for us.Special Features:
- Great food - a few tweaks neededTouristofLifeVIPDined on 7/7/2014We were looking for a place to get King Crab and decided to try Little Cleo's. The crab was grilled perfectly, hot and delicious with a generous jar of melted butter for dipping. I was disappointed to find out that the Crab (Large Plate) didn't come with any sides. It would be nice to have at least bread, cole slaw or something offered. My husband ordered from the Summer Bites menu. He enjoyed all of his 4 courses, especially the grilled octopus (Small Plate course). He liked the Bouillabaisse although the portion was smaller than expected. Assuming it's due to the lighter Summer Bites menu. We'd like to go back when the weather is cooler and the walls can be opened up. Great food! We'll be back to try again.Special Features:
- Great food!ready2eatDined on 6/28/2014A small restaurant that thankfully now takes reservations. The entire staff was friendly and the food was fresh and delicious. The frog legs, which were given to us gratis were fantastic. The parking is valet only, but because the parking is so limited, it really is the best option, we did not wait long to get parked or to have our car retrieved. We are looking forward to returning to try additional dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Variety & Very FreshDateNightDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I ate at Little Cleo's for the first time recently. We loved the selection of oysters, haven't seen 10 different options anywhere in Phoenix, and our waitress was very knowledgeable about the flavor profiles of the different options. Kusshi Oysters were phenomenal!! The shrimp cocktail was very good, and the star of the night was the King Crab in a jar of butter. They don't point out that it has a drizzle of white truffle oil, which puts this dish over the top. Amazing grilled bread to soak it all up. Bouillabaisse was very light, a little lacking in flavor from what I've had, but enjoyable if you prefer a lighter broth version. Ambience is less formal and a tad cold feeling, but relaxed. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- A little slow but quality seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014We had a reservation at 730 and when we arrived we were told they were running behind and were seated at the bar. It took 10 minutes to order a drink and finally after 20 minutes were seated. The tasting menu sounded great but the portions turned out to be tasty but small. Seafood was very good- highlight was oysters and sturgeon bacon. Dinner took over 2 hours and we waited 15 minutes between courses.Special Features:
- A Seafood lovers dream!littleoneVIPDined on 6/21/2014Five of us dined for the first time at Cleo's and we were ALL very impressed with the taste and quality of the food! The Crab in a Jar was AMAZING - as was the Seafood Bouillabaisse and Seafood Pasta with Squid Ink! (it was filled with large and delicious Mussels)! The Fish and Chips were tasty and generous in portion size! Do not miss out on the Hush Puppies as a starter to kick off your seafood feast! The staff and GM were all very pleasant, efficient and accommodating! We'll be back....often and soon.....and next time.....I am NOT sharing my Crab in a Jar....with anyone! Period!Special Features:
- Second visit just as specialRuthinAZDined on 6/21/2014I started with the grilled octopus which was tender and perfectly cooked. The fish in the fish and chips was moist and plump and filling. My husband had the Cajun shrimp which he enjoyed. The sauce, which was a little spicy, was all over the corn on the plate and he couldn't eat it. The service was very good and the room was hopping so we thought he did a great job. Although the noise level was high, we could still hear each other with no problem. I had the crab in a jar on a previous visit and plan to order that as my entree on the next visit.Special Features:
- Seafood in the desert!EmmyDined on 6/21/2014This has been a great find for us because we love seafood and it was hard to find a good seafood restaurant here in Phoenix. We have come here several times and it has always been delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencetdftoothDined on 6/20/2014From the minute we arrived we were impressed. Arrived 10 minutes late and received nothing but kindness and attention. Staff served us champagne while our table was prepared. Servers and waitress were informative and enthusiastic. Food was delicious. Menu included a wealth of choices. Would definitely recommend the place and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hello CleoYayaVIPDined on 6/20/2014This was my first but not my last visit to Little Cleo's. The decor is cute 40's vibe with wait staff dressed accordingly. Service was attentive and the staff knowledgeable. I am so happy they now take reservations as the inside dinning area is pretty small. The food was fresh and creative. The Cajun shrimp was to die for. The server had warned me about the heat and she did not exaggerate. But OMG sooo much flavor. I sopped every drop of the spicy broth with the accompanying grilled bread. There is an extensive list of starters/small plates and I don't think you could go wrong with anything. Plan on spending $125+ on dinner for two.Special Features:
- Best in Seafood in AZFoodie25Dined on 6/18/2014Great service! Delicious food - loved the Loup de Mer and fresh oysters. Sat outside and watched all of the fun activity going on at the Yard...Going back again soon!Special Features:
- Perfect Seafood GemCustExperienceEnthusiastDined on 6/17/2014Took my Dad and family for a belated Father's Day dinner this week. So enjoyable. Don't think I've ever had a better mix of elevated seafood, great service, cool place and fun for everyone from 5 to 90. My elderly parents are a hard sell and almost licked their salmon plates clean. Everything was spot on from the jar of crab app, to the chowder and kale salad, on to the salmon and sea bass entrees, topped off w beignet/buttermilk pie desserts. Tylor was the perfect addition as our server. He even made sure my 5 yr old granddaughter received a new beignet when she dropped hers by accident and became thoroughly crushed, since there were only enough for one each per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTripletDadDined on 6/14/2014Sam Fox certainly has the touch. The oysters were awesome and the loup de mer was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablewandererDined on 6/14/2014This was our first visit to this Sam Fox concept restaurant located in The Yard. While the rest of the complex was busy and noisy, Little Cleo's was an oasis of calm. I had the crab in butter with bread, an appetizer, and my husband had the mussels. He said they were the largest he had ever had. Both of our meals were very tasty. Our waitress, Tatihana, was knowledgeable, attentive and pleasant. The cream cheese ice cream was quite a find. Will definitely be going back to try some other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeirishgirlDined on 6/12/2014Great food, exeptional service, fantastic drink menu!Special Features:
- GREAT, BUT.......DrJazzDined on 6/12/2014The food was excellent, the service was better than excellent (our server's name was Megan) and our party of four had a great dining experience. The BUT comes from the fact that even with a very limited wine list they are not adequately stocked. Although on the wine list there was no Sancerre available. Also the bar is also not at all well stocked for vodka they had two selections and neither in the top class - no Grey Goose or no Finlandia. I didn't try for single malts and even gin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited for everDinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014Terrible food and terrible service. The yard was full of drunk people. Two fights and screaming drunks. Terrible experience
- Great Seafood!DogulaVIPDined on 6/7/2014Once you get past the clueless hostess station, this place is great. We arrived 6:10 for a 6:30 reservation, and this seemed to confuse and perplex the hostess even though the place wasn't even half full. After conferring with another hostess, we were finally seated. Everything from here was smooth sailing. The British Columbia oysters we had were absolutely delicious. Everything was prepared perfectly. Our server was very pleasant and bubbly. In fact, all the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They just need to have someone greet you at the door that has a personality.Special Features:
- Second VisitJakeDined on 6/6/2014Both of my visits have been special occasions (Valentines Day, and wedding anniversary), and I would come here much more often if I lived closer. I have been more than happy both times I've been here. I had reservations both times, I was sat immediately both times, wait staff were fantastic both times, very helpful. Food was fast, very tasty, one of my favorite (if not my favorite) restaurants in all of Phoenix. My wife even asked one of the waitresses how she did her hair, and she was very kind and told her. Eat the "Jar of Crab", you will regret NOT getting it (just make sure to save some for me). I love the boulliabase (sp?), my wife loves the NY Strip. Frog legs are wonderful (if you like chicken wings, you'll love these). We'll be backSpecial Features:
- LocationazcanardsVIPDined on 6/5/2014Signage is terrible! Very difficult to locate. If you don't valet, good luck in finding a parking spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.