215 SW 6th Ave
Portland, OR 97204Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.littlebirdbistro.com/
- Phone: (503) 688-5952
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Rucker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: in between OAK & PINE on 6TH AVENUE
- Public Transit: The Green and Yellow MAX lines stop directly across the street.
The following bus lines stop within a block: 4,8,9,17,20,31,32,33,35,36,44,54,94,99.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is ample street parking at night, and a number of garages and parking lots within the immediate vicinity. We recommence the lot in basement of the US Bancorp Tower. The entrance is on 5th between Oak and Pine.
A word from Little Bird
Little Bird, the bistro by the team behind Le Pigeon, is open from 11:30 to midnight during the week, and from 5 to midnight on the weekends. The food and ambiance are inspired by the bistros of Paris, but are Portland at heart. Little Bird features a great bar, and a large selection of wines with a focus on French, as well as a selection of local options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Little Bird - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Little Bird reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (204)special occasion (123)romantic (112)neighborhood gem (75)notable wine list (66)great for lunch (49)hot spot (48)late-night find (19)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Enjoyable dining experienceTillyDined on 11/20/2014The food, ambience, and staff were all superb! The staff was efficient, knowledgable, and attentive. My dining partner and I were so fortunate to sit at a 2 top in front by the big windows. It gave the feeling that we were in an old style Parisian cafe. It is a bit noisy, and the tables were quite close together, but we struck up conversations with our neighboring fellow diners, and it was very enjoyable. I would highly recommend Little Bird to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Too much salt in general. Overpowered the natural taste of the food. We don't use salt at home so it was a bit of an eye opener, the cheese plate and salad were wonderful.Special Features:
- Strong start, weak finishLuv2wineand2dineDined on 11/17/2014Wife & I's first visit to little bird. We both got the tasting menu with wine pairing to experience what resturant had to offer. First three courses matched perfectly! Very well done and service was amazing. Dessert course was strange- basically caramel dripped on a pork rind with pudding & paired with an '83 port or a beer. Not a good finish. Quite close quarters & fairly loud, so good eating- not so great for a quiet, romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstandingbri1232001Dined on 11/16/2014Planned to have dinner at Little Bird (LB) after proposing to my now fiancee. I made a note of this special occasion to the LB staff which they called day of to confirm. We are both from Boston but were in Portland on vacation. LB made us both feel very special on such a happy day. It was a truly memorable experience. In addition the food was outstanding. I had the black cod and my fiancee had the rabbit. We both share the smoked salmon and oysters. I would definitely come back to LB. The environment and ambiance was intimate and cozy but I noticed they had some larger tables where groups were sharing in a meal. I'd say LB was the highlight of my trip. I'd love to come back someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014We stumbled upon this restaurant and are so glad we did, delightful decor, ambience and staff. The food was delicious. Wine menu great.Special Features:
- Good scene good foodJm121Dined on 11/14/2014The food here was excellent and the drinks were fantastic. Many of the dishes flavors worked wonderfully together. You must get the foie gras.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, small portionsLmckbbDined on 11/14/2014The table service was very attentive. The flavors of the dishes was very nice. The portion sizes were very undersized for the price, the only exception being the cassoulet. Much better value to be found at most other similarly priced restrauants in Portland.
- a Big GemAlexlovestoeatDined on 11/8/2014It has gotten great reviews for awhile, and understandable. An interesting and innovative menu, I had the crispy rabbit, was quite good. The butter lettuce salad? Fantastic! Rate that I note a salad. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Becoming our favorite lunch spot!MickyBDined on 11/7/2014My wife and I, when we are doing something downtown, we try and time things so we can have lunch here - one time just making it at 2:30PM. Although we tend to spend more than we usually do for lunch, we feel it is well worth it. The food is very good, and the portions generous for lunchtime. The lovely charcuterie plate could easily serve three as an appetizer, and my wife struggled to finish it as her only course (she needed my help!). Both of us enjoy restaurants that have an interesting wine list, and Little Bird's list has some excellent, less well-know, options. We had a red from the Irouleguy region of southwest France. Our server, Suzanne, was excellent and would be able to advise neophyte wine drinkers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely mealPastrygirlDined on 11/6/2014Delightful dinner with a fine selection of foods and wines, knowledgeable waiter.Special Features:
- Great FlavorsH3DiningDined on 11/6/2014Excellent presentation, prompt service and excellent food and varied menu with plenty of options for everyone ~ a great spot for a excellent meal and quality ~!Special Features:
- A New FavoritepdxdinerDined on 11/4/2014Our first time at Little Bird was charming and delicious, beginning with our cocktails, an Old Fashioned and a Nouveau Manhattan, and appetizers of a small crab souffle and goat cheese gnocchi. Those were followed by the chicken-fried trout and the rabbit. I would have preferred the rabbit a little less cooked but really had no complaints, and our waitress had great suggestions for wine pairings. The food was outshone only by the pitch-perfect service, which was warm and friendly without being overly familiar and knowledgeable while avoiding pretension. I look forward to our next meal there.Special Features:
- A City GemRedf00tDined on 11/4/2014We ordered all of the specials of the night. And frankly, couldn't have been happier! The parsnip carrot purée soup was a party in my mouth with those delightful parsnip chips on top. I had the special of king salmon with lardon on a bed of potato purée with a light and perfect red wine sauce. When I asked about wine pairing? I got expert advice. I couldn't have been happier! I'm only kicking myself that we had to rush out because we had a game to get to, we couldn't stay and truly bask in this fine experience. I can't wait to go again. Thank you Little Bird for a fantastic meal we won't soon forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrDurneyDrDdinesoutVIPDined on 11/2/2014The cassoulet was terrific, as was the odd, but tasty chicken-fried trout. We ate upstairs, and while there was a large noisy birthday group nearby, it gave us an interesting vista on the room below. Casual, and friendly. Food was great from start to finish.Special Features:
- Little Only in Name!RichieRichVIPDined on 11/2/2014What a wonderful restaurant. Everything we had here was just great - their "chicken fried trout" was one of the best dishes I have ever had; my wife said the same about the rabbit. The service was polite and unobtrusive - there when you needed them, but otherwise they didn't intrude. It was fairly quiet and romantic. Don't miss this place!Special Features:
- So good!LisaDined on 11/1/2014Everything we tried was not just good--it was amazing! The food combinations, flavors, and textures all together created an incredible culinary experience. I can't even put into words how amazing this restaurant was. I was there for my birthday, and the service was great, and the atmosphere romantic. We liked the food so much, we bought their cookbook on the spot to take home. Words cannot describe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthdaymocat100Dined on 11/1/2014My daughter, who is a Seattle foodie, recommended Little Bird, and rightfully so. The food was great, service staff very well informed on the dishes and the wines, and it all came to the table in a timely way, not rushed, but we didn't stay hungry or thirsty for too long either. My wife thought it was too salty, but she says that a lot. I enjoyed every bite of my rabbit special. The chicken-fried trout and the crispy rabbit were also hits.Special Features:
- Always exceptionalyummy2Dined on 10/31/2014The three-course, prix-fixe lunch is a culinary treasure —always inventive with generous portions. Easily makes lunch the main meal of the day.Special Features:
- First Visit . . will return!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/27/2014We had one night in Portland, only one dinner, we chose Little Bird and I never second guessed my choice! Service was great, no attempt to rush, asked how we wanted to have our choices brought out, great manhattan (with a bourbon soaked cherry, yeah!). When we told friends who live in the area our choice of Little Bird for our one dinner, they agreed it was a good choice. Hope we get a chance to return.
- Love Little BirdhnopdxDined on 10/27/2014Amazing food. Top notch service. My only (minor) complaint is that it's a bit loud. But worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portland HighlightFoodQuestDined on 10/26/2014I took my daughter out for an end of college break dinner. We were very happy with our experience. The service was attentive and excellent, which took the meal to a higher level. We started with the goat cheese gnocchi appetizer which was lovely, dressed in pine nuts, greens, mushrooms and onions. My daughter is vegetarian and they don't really have a lot to offer without meat, but she had the gruyere and onion turnovers, which was just enough. My cassoulet was succulent and twice as much as I could eat. I'm going to try to replicate that dish at home. It's flavors were wonderful. We refused dessert, being nicely full, but when I asked about in returning a few days later to buy some macaroons, the server treated each of us to one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little BirdOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Little Bird was fabulous! Best food I have had in a long time and I am from SF. Service very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Insulting service, wouldn't returnVancouverDinerDined on 10/25/2014Our server was not pleased we only ordered the charcuterie to share, and this was evident from the sour face she made during the ordering process. We were largely ignored during our time there, and when we did make contact, we were met with attitude. This is exactly what is wrong with so called fine dining restaurants. The staff size up their guests and adjust their service accordingly. The rillette and chicken liver pate were rich and delicious, but the rest of the board was unexciting, with copious amounts of mustard and vinegary pickles to make up for the lack of flavour. When were finished, we made our way to the exit and we did not receive any acknowledgement or farewell wishes. Clearly I was not wanted and I don't care to return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014The dinner and the service were wonderful. Although the wait person was not particularly well acquainted with the wine options, she was gracious and attentive without being obtrusive. Especially appreciated was the fact that the entrée was not served until both diners had finished their salad...a nicety seldom observed even in good restaurants. Definitely a wonderful place for a special occasion that demands excellent quality of dining.Special Features:
- Super Great Staff!FoodieDined on 10/24/2014I waited for a friend arriving from out of town who was an hour late for our reservation. The staff could not have been nicer. The food was super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingIndyVIPDined on 10/22/2014Little Bird is a place you need to visit. Outstanding food, service and staff. We went for dinner with a group and had the salmon. Cooked perferctly!Special Features:
- Best in Portlandrosey1Dined on 10/17/2014My companion and I were rolling around the back of our chairs, shaking our heads and measuring the next bite, trying to keep the friendship but eat as much as we could of the shared bowl of goodness. The tall elegant blonde waitress guided our choices. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Excellent bistro style eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014If you are looking for something with a French bistro flair in Portland, this is the place to be. Great wines with reasonable beers to be had as well. Even the burger is top notch.Special Features:
- If only...truthandcircumstanceDined on 10/17/2014Special occasion and the service took F O R E V E R !!!! SO painfully slow that either our server was no where to be found or we could see him in the mirror up at the bar talking at length socially with people. We didn't even order dessert which truly is the best in Portland. As soon as someone FINALY came and removed our empty lunch dishes all five of us jumped up to leave because no one could stand to sit any longer - with - NO service!!! The past two times I have brought out of town friends here for a special lunch the service has gone sideways. Which is a bummer when you are spending 100-300+$ on lunch!! We left feeling like we had just been taken hostage - and - didn't even get to enjoy the full experience. We and LB missed out.Special Features:
- Have the hamburgerelimarVIPDined on 10/16/2014Menu listed on a chalk board but light too dim and could not read it. Had a side of olives for the table. Soup was unremarkable and the salmon belly dish was over cooked. We had been told to have the hamburgers which were cooked as ordered.
- First time!TravelinJakeDined on 10/16/2014This was my first trip to portland and my second dinner! Little bird did not disappoint. In my online reservation, I noted that I have a tree nut allergy and my waitress was sensitive to this the whole night with her recommendations and even brought me a nut-free after dinner cookie, haha. Had some wonderful pumpkin soup with Oysters to start and grilled salmon (special of the day for dinner). Was this the best salmon I've ever had? Maybe! Overall, all the food was perfectly cooked, handsomely presented and throughly satisfying. I will certainly be back on my next trip to Portland!Special Features:
- Not FrenchLorelaiDined on 10/13/2014Good wine list, upbeat ambiance, but loud so noise level is high. Fare is seasoned more like Indian cuisine than French. Lentlls could have used less chili and cumin as the spices were so overpowering the lentil flavor was totally obscured. Duck confit pastry was very average. Pastey dry and interior stuffing of confit and kale over cooked and dry as well.Special Features:
- Delicious food, knowledgable serverYumyumgivemesomeVIPDined on 10/11/2014I think we've had the same server now a few times and he always amazes us with his knowledge and yet modesty. The food is always delicious, great seasonal ingredients, well seasoned, and thoughtful. We tried the 5-course tasting menu for the first time and are glad we did. The only complaint is our unseasonably long delay between third and fourth course where we were maybe forgotten for a bit? No apologies offered during the wait or after, always a pet peeve for me. But we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ... as usual!JohnDined on 10/7/2014I like Little Bird primarily because the food is always excellent. But the service is outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperiencebirdnerdDined on 10/6/2014One of the best dinning experiences I have had. The food was amazing, cannot recommend the chicken fried trout enough! The wine and drink list was long but not intimidating. The staff really made the meal. Our waitress was attentive enough and gave great suggestions when we asked her opinion on wine and food. I will make it a habit to come here more often!Special Features:
- a truly classic bistroFlexifoodieVIPDined on 10/6/2014since we could not get enervation for dinner on the one night we had free in Portland over the weekend, we went for lunch and it was a treat. Wonderful service, oysters on the half shell with both a mignonette sauce and shaved horse radish provided a great starter, and the cassoulet was outstanding, with the duck falling off the bone, the sausage tasty, and plenty of flavor filled beans. The lunch portion size is the same as dinner. Wines matched perfectly and my vegetarian spouse enjoyed the salad and spaghetti squash dishes. We will return when complete the move to Portland next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightEatingpdx1dayatatimeDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I went to Little Bird for our 10th Anniversary and were blown away!!!! We started with the soufflé and never looked back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of hype and well deservedchung006Dined on 10/4/2014Great restaurant!! Heard so much about this place and we were excited the whole drive up from Vancouver. We ordered the foie gras, lobster fritters, veg pastries, ham sandwich, burger. Some phenomenal dishes, foie gras, pastries, fries with burger .. And some good dishes, sandwich. As a whole, lived up to hype. Next time, le pigeon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France in SeattlefoodieCanadianDined on 10/3/2014We did the 5 course menu and it was absolutely amazing. The food was well thought out and delivered from start to finish. The food was beautifully prepared and the service was excellent. My favorite part was how the waitress described the food like a story. Highly recommend this restaurant. When we return back to Portland, we will be sure to go back.Special Features:
- Simply put: yum!RuntoDineGirlVIPDined on 10/3/2014All the food was so creative and so delicious. Yum!!!!Special Features: