215 SW 6th Ave
Portland, OR 97204Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.littlebirdbistro.com/
- Phone: 5036885952
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Rucker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: in between OAK & PINE on 6TH AVENUE
- Public Transit: The Green and Yellow MAX lines stop directly across the street.
The following bus lines stop within a block: 4,8,9,17,20,31,32,33,35,36,44,54,94,99.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is ample street parking at night, and a number of garages and parking lots within the immediate vicinity. We recommence the lot in basement of the US Bancorp Tower. The entrance is on 5th between Oak and Pine.
A word from Little Bird
Little Bird, the bistro by the team behind Le Pigeon, is open from 11:30 to midnight during the week, and from 5 to midnight on the weekends. The food and ambiance are inspired by the bistros of Paris, but are Portland at heart. Little Bird features a great bar, and a large selection of wines with a focus on French, as well as a selection of local options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Little Bird - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Little Bird reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (182)special occasion (128)romantic (103)neighborhood gem (68)notable wine list (50)great for lunch (47)hot spot (39)late-night find (19)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Intimate settinganondinerDined on 9/14/2014It's nice for a date although we did see a couple of tables of 4 and 6 people. Food was in smaller portions that was artistically arranged, except for the cassoulet that was a big serving for one person. I did enjoy the meal but found the artistic arrangement of the food to be a bit fussy and not my style. Pleasant wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerryDined on 9/14/2014Great food, great service. Very attentive, helpful wait staff. Wine list is a bit pricey, but good choices and much breadth to the list. All of us had very tasty food with attractive presentation.Special Features:
- Worth a second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Interesting take on a French bistro but a little uneven for me. At the bar, I very much enjoyed my sheep cheese gnocchi appetizer and passion fruit pudding cake dessert. The main course, a cassoulet also on the tasting menu, not so much. The beans were still a bit crunchy and undercooked in my opinion, while the duck leg meat was dry and without much flavor of its own. The one piece of sausage was good but I never really identified the pork belly among the sea of al dente beans. Redeeming it was a nice flavor and a superb Madiran wine which was a nice suggested match from the tasting menu. I would like to come back and sample some of the other interesting choices but the cassoulet needs work to measure up to the rest of the offerings.Special Features:
- Tasty FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We came here for our anniversary and the food was delicious. The service was reliable, helpful, and friendly without being over the top. And the passion fruit dessert was one of the best things I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Little Bird Bistro, A night in town808ChowDined on 9/12/2014We ordered the Grilled Ribeye (for two) and it was well worth it. It was the biggest steak I ever saw, but it was cooked perfect. It probably could be for three or even four people. We had appetizers and drinks before dinner, so much food we had it boxed - but yet we ordered dessert and were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy space and attentive wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The Little Bird is cozy and welcoming, we thought as we entered, and every seat at the bar was filled and almost every table, so it's a popular destination. The dress was very casual for both customers and servers. Our entrees were hot and filling. The Washington State raw oysters, in particular, were outstanding and the cocktails were very good. As the meal progressed, we decided the experience, while not inexpensive, is about the small space and the attentive wait staff. I believe that the drinks were delivered by a designated server as they were finished by the bartender, rather than sit on the bar waiting for the table's waitperson. Now there's a no-brainer. We felt relaxed, comfortable, very well served, and enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- VancouverFoodieDined on 9/3/2014I can see the appeal of Little Bird, we found the food good but quite salty. The Kir Royale had too much Cassis We found the host quite indifferent, but the table service was lovely
- Skip the crab sandwich.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Crab sandwich at $20 was unimpressive. Lots of crab meat but tasted like it was possibly canned? Anyway, it had so much mustard you couldn't taste the crab. We could not eat it. We told the server we didn't like it but we were charged anyway. Charcuterie plate was delicious however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSimmerDined on 9/2/2014Spotless experience. Wine matches were excellent. Every dish was wonderful.Special Features:
- Probably not returningnew2reviewDined on 8/30/2014We ordered the gnocchi, the trout and the cod on special, which were all very good. The place is cute and quaint, not too noisy, but we were upstairs. The problem was our server, she seemed to be in a bad mood, was annoyed with questions about wine (sorry, not everyone is a connoisseur) and told us we cannot order the appetizer before we decide what entrees we wanted... Not once she asked how is everything. Filled water once and only for one person at the table. I would say, it was not a pleasant experience, even though the food was good. Her tip also reflected that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night find, but reserve!tangueraDined on 8/29/2014We had an event that ended at 9:30 p.m., and made a 10 p.m. reservation here. We were glad we did. The place was packed, even at that hour. (It only began to thin out nearer to closing time.) We had the best oysters ever - ordered half a dozen, then ordered 3 more. The burger was divine (and after 10 p.m., the prices drop) as was the tuna loin. Wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Great food what happened to server?FoodLoveDined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent but initial server was very inattentive and disappeared for long periods of time and apparently left. We were happy a different server took over the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food had no taste at allCozyVIPDined on 8/29/2014I really don't have much to say here, I selected this based on the reviews of the web but this place is not worth spending even $10. Beside the ambience and politeness of the staff this place has nothing more to offer. If you like spending $$$ just for that and you don't care about food taste then give it a try.Special Features:
- highlight of our portland visitmcanniepantsDined on 8/29/2014this is truly a special place and our lunch was a highlight of our trip. the prix fixe lunch special is an amazing value. we opted to sit on the sidewalk vs. indoors which felt a bit stuffy with white table cloths. Eggplant soup special was the best soup either of us have ever had and it will not be soon forgotten!Special Features:
- ChicagoFoodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014We had such high expectations and were so disappointed
- Delightful!AgencyEaterDined on 8/26/2014Little Bird is always a treat. The menu is always changing slightly, but consistently delicious. Would recommend to anyone for a client dinner or big date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsalVIPDined on 8/26/2014Went here for lunch. I had the foie gras torchon and the burger. I also got a dozen macarons to go. Everything was delicious. Service was friendly and attentive. The place was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to snufMuseumFoodieDined on 8/24/2014We love Little Bird. That's why it was so disappointing this time. Food was way more complex than we remembered; too many things going on in the same plate. Everything from panko to mayo like toppings. Taste of rabbit could not be found under all of that. The fish was the same confusing cluster of conflicting flavors. Server was somewhat indifferent to our presence. I get nonchalance, but this was way too cool and not friendly at the table level. Please reboot.Special Features:
- A memorable birthday experiencemooseofblueDined on 8/22/2014So often we rush through work, life and even our food. Here, our server, Suzanne, stopped to converse, not retell. We were seated in the loft on the rail. Suzanne would stop by to check in and chat, she was always easy and polite with clever smile and a personality that made one feel at ease. Then came the food. If you had not already slowed down by now, the food demanded your attention and time. The burger and the lamb chop were amazing! Rich with favors familiar and new. We're spent the next several moments ooing and ahing over the flavors that dazzled our taste buds. Go, sit, sip and savor the Little Bird, it will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Creative Menu & Outstanding ServiceCuppycakeSpringDined on 8/22/2014All of the visits I've made to Little Bird have left me feeling satisfied due to the food/drinks and happy due to the service provided by their friendly and patient staff. This visit, I enjoyed their potato leek soup, lunch special of pork loin, and chocolate peanut butter terrine. All courses seemed to be prepared with a lot of care and attention to detail. Little Bird is consistently a good spot to experience a fine meal. I look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for late NightTaipeifoodieDined on 8/21/2014Open late so late night dinning was no problem, walked in at 10PM! Food was excellent! Service friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2014A most enjoyable evening with inventive food and local ingredients. Our waiter was over-the-top helpful.Special Features:
- Tasting MenuwinodinoDined on 8/19/2014We took part in the bistro menu, or the tasting menu for this occasion, and the wine pairing too. All the food was outstanding, the wine pairing is spot on. Would have enjoyed a couple more courses, Le Pigeon offers a 7 course one that's outstanding as well. It's a great way to sample the menu without committing to anything, or to enjoy some different foods you may not have tried otherwise.Special Features:
- SpigaSommDined on 8/17/2014The menu was lovely, and it made for difficult decisions. Also lovely is how late they are open; saved us having arrived in town late from Seattle. Great wine, nice servers. The pressed tin ceiling is a nice touch, reminding me of years past in cafés across the pond. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Loved thehappening little restaurant feel! Started with the gnocchi which was very light and nice. Had a marinara sauce and roasted cherry tomatoes. The gnocchi itself was more dense than others I've had, this one was more like a tot, but fit well with the dish. I had the soufflé with mushroom sauce, and all I can say is if you can bottle that sauce I'd be buying it for sure! The soufflé was yummy & the roasted mushrooms were fabulous as well, but the standout by far was that sauce. My husband got the burger and it was tasty. We dipped his fries in the mushroom sauce!Special Features:
- Too loudlittlebirdDined on 8/16/2014The food was great. Too bad I could not hear my friends due to the noise. I think they could put sound absorbing items on the walls. It would hep a lot.
- Country Fried Trout is a AMAZING !!loulabelleDined on 8/11/2014This is my second visit for lunch and my previous visit was a year ago and it was just as delicious as I remember. Its in downtown Portland so we were able to walk from the hotel. The hazelnut macaroons to go were a great treat for the flight home! I will visit again every time I come to Portland! Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great but service was sub-parGotanappetiteDined on 8/9/2014Slow greeting and long wait to place order but from there on the food made up for the sub-par service. We've dined here several times and this was the first time we've experienced the slow service. It's still one of my favorites places to eat!Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambianceNicoleVIPDined on 8/7/2014Pacific north west menu with a french flair. The rabbit was dine as duck would be, confit then roasted. The salmon was done perfectly, not overdone and not raw. Great panacotta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate diningPortlandgalDined on 8/6/2014I loved the ambience of the restaurant, especially in today's loud high energy environments. Little Bird managed to feel energetic without all the accompanying noise. Everyone looked liked they were having a great time. The food was superb and the service just right.Special Features:
- Loved Little BirdhnopdxDined on 8/5/2014Pick anything on the menu and it will be delicious. Service is top notch. My only complaint is that it is a bit loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to fault except...IlovefishDined on 8/5/2014Service was 99.9% perfect. However, my friend and I agreed that their mains are tad salty. Especially, the orangey cream sauce over the Chicken Trout dish. Hence, killed the freshness of the fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birds are chirpingDannyDined on 8/3/2014Perfectly cooked salmon. Amazing tomato soup. Best meal in Portland.Special Features:
- Fabulous birthday dinnerDanielleDined on 8/2/2014We had the tasting menu and loved everything, including wine pairings. Here's what was on the menu: -Chicken Fried trout: trout was among the best I've had. There was a bit too much mustard sauce on it for my taste, but I easily forgave that -Gnocci with pea puree, pea tendrils, and other deliciousness. Light and delicious -Duck cassoulet. Soooooo goood. Crispy duck skin, sausage, duck meat. Everything was perfect. -Cheese course. Some sort of soft French fresh cheese (sadly forgot the name). Needed more toasts or bread to accompany. Tasty though! -Dessert. I didn't love it, but Tris ate mine and his, so I think it was a success :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my wife for her birthday.luv2eatportlandDined on 8/1/2014Loved the atmosphere and the food was awesome. Our server, Nikki was very attentive and she knew the dishes as if she had prepared them. wine selection was good as well. Recommend the Bistro menu for a taste of it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HankDined on 7/25/2014Very good. We had the tasting menu and all five courses were creative and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food +/ Noise -OregonianDined on 7/25/2014The food at Little Bird is always fabulous and worth returning time after time. At lunch time, the noise and very close table placement is not desirable. Conversation is difficult. Wonder if more space could be used for a little more comfort for guests (?)Special Features:
- Good Rep Well DeservedNWYummerDined on 7/22/2014Excellent food! This is why you go and this is why you come back. The charcuterie bested Paley's Place and Higgins. What Portland does best.Special Features:
- Memories of FranceladydocDined on 7/20/2014Although I love visiting France, I'm glad I don't live there because the food - especially the bread - is so good I'm sure I'd put on 100 pounds. Little Bird recalls the food of France - delicate and hearty by turns, beautiful presentation, deep flavors and aromas. The bread and butter alone is worth a visit!Special Features:
- Not my cup of tea, but...JeffDined on 7/19/2014We have dined at other French restaurants and have enjoyed great dishes. We tried to be a bit more experimental (faux gras), and it just wasn't for us. One of our appetizers was excellent, but unfortunately had an issue with our waitress regarding her attitude and a charge on our bill. I sent an e-mail to the restaurant and it was quickly resolved. I am sure if you enjoy unique French food, this is a place to go.Special Features: