Little Beast Restaurant
1496 Colorado Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90041Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Little Beast Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.littlebeastrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 323-341-5899x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean Lowenthal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Backyard is the perfect location for your next private event for up to 25 people. This space is available at no charge to you Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Private Party Contact: Alejandro Serna 323-341-5899x
A word from Little Beast Restaurant
Situated in a 1911 Craftsman bungalow, the Little Beast is a neighborhood restaurant located in the heart of Eagle Rock. Offering both indoor and outdoor seating, the Little Beast serves modern American fare. Intended for sharing, the menu is comprised of small plates and large mains with several unique daily specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Little Beast Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Highland Park ›
Little Beast Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)great for outdoor dining (58)fit for foodies (55)romantic (31)special occasion (26)hot spot (16)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- nice, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The menu was good. We had the peach and burrata, the fresh tomato bruschetta with sardines, and the cheeseburger. The food tasted good. Everything was nice. We set on the terrace. The wait staff was attentive. However, the meal didn't work so good for us. We left the restaurant and went to the theatre. My wife had heartburn. I didn't but my throat was parched and I drank large amounts of water for the rest of the evening. I woke up unusually thirsty the next morning. I feel the food was too salty. This restaurant is trendy, and well thought of in the neighborhood. I'm not sure we'll go there again.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We- a party of 5- celebrated a friend's birthday. It was hot outside, but felt better when the sun went down. The food was amazing and service impeccable! I started with endive salad and had the salmon with eggplant. Others had the scallops or the Little Beast Burger. Loved my salmon and my bites of the burger and fries too! We shared 3 desserts and they could not have been better. Charming place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eagle Rock findJerseygirl1Dined on 9/13/2014Lovely neighborhood gem! Food was great especially the braised veal on a bed of polenta. Bread pudding was very rich and tasty. I will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reputation growing and justified...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014We were greeted warmly and seated promptly. Service throughout the meal was lovely and the food was wolfed. I plan to work my way through the menu. Next time I would like to sit in the garden but it was too warm the evening we went there. Would appreciate a bit of noise baffling.Special Features:
- little gemiwawDined on 9/7/2014little beast is a little gem! just what eagle rock's dining scene needed...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Service was good food was good and it was a beautiful night outside on FridaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place!tkocoDined on 9/3/2014we're new to eagle rock and have definitely found our go to. whether eating inside or out, this place has good vibes and GREAT food!Special Features:
- Great PlacehatboxVIPDined on 9/2/2014Outstanding small plates. Also very nice wines by the glass. A great deal if you need to do an early supper on Tues, Wed or Thurs, because small plate are half price from 5 to 6 pm. Service and overall food quality are exceptional.Special Features:
- WelovetoeatDined on 8/26/2014We love the Little Beast Restaurant...We love the Little Beast Restaurant....Special Features:
- Great Food/ Poor AcousticsmswkittyDined on 8/22/2014The food is first rate. Had some wonderful dishes, including a fig appetizer that was premiering that evening. Glad we tried it. The service was excellent. I checked that the ambiance was fair because the acoustics were not good on the inside. My husband and I had difficulty hearing each other and longed for a table outside on the non-traffic side of the restaurant (we'll request that next time). The decor on the inside was definitely cute and cozy. Also, the younger ones in the crowd seemed to really be enjoying themselves. Just remember the hearing concerns of your older patrons! All in all, a great little place. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gem!RDomingoDined on 8/22/2014Delicious food, great wine, wonderful staff! I'm so glad you're in my old neighborhood. Cheers!Special Features:
- Food4FunDined on 8/21/2014Great Happy House deal for appetizers; all the food was quite good to excellent, very pleasant atmosphere, perfect for east-siders.Special Features:
- Hipster hot spotmajelaneDined on 8/20/2014The food was good but pricey. The menu was not expansive. Few selections more small bites. Ask for a table on the patio the inside is dark and loud.Special Features:
- Lovely meal for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014My boyfriend and I tried this restaurant last week and were very happy with our choice. I had the steak and he had the chicken and both were cooked to perfection. The portions were large enough that we were both too full to eat our shared dessert. We brought our own wine and paid the corkage fee as the wine list is pretty pricey for what is on offer on the normal list. Not a huge selection. So get yourself a nice bottle and bring it along to save yourself some money. Seating outdoors was pretty tight to the tables around us but was still fine to hear our own conversation. Advise to make a reservation for sure.Special Features:
- Little BeastOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2014Food was very good but very salty/rich. Interesting entrees and salads that challenged your palate but worked well. Wine list was small but good. Desert was excellent. Restaurant was very busy (Friday night) and we enjoyed being outside on the back patio. You do sit very close to the neighboring tables so be prepared to meet your fellow diners. Outside, the noise level was fine, I don't think I would want to eat inside or on the front patio on a busy night as the crowd and volume seemed much higher. Crowd was an interesting mix of hipsters and older couples/groups. Everyone was having a good time and the tone was laid back but busy. Would recommend it and will eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GleneagleDined on 8/14/2014When you pull into the valet, at first you may question if you have made the right choice for dining. However, once you go in you will find yourself in a very pleasant and unique atmosphear. Great place to dine. Menu is simple and every choice is great.Special Features:
- What a findBarbaraGDined on 8/8/2014The food at Little Beast is seasonal, fresh and prepared exquisitely! Started with the BLT salad, appropriately named and delicious. My husband had the salmon and I had the scallops. Both fabulous. We will definitely be spreading the word about this great find in Eagle Rock.Special Features:
- Fantastic Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014This is a great neighborhood gem! the ambiance was so lovely and the food was amazingly delicious. I dont make it out of the bubble of my neighborhood much and my husband and I drove 45 min away to meet friends at Little Beast and it was so worth it AND would go back in a heart beat! We are Italian and total foodie's so we know quality food and this place was incredible as well as fairly price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!DigEagleRockDined on 8/1/2014We live in the neighborhood and this was not our first time. We have enjoyed the restaurant, staff, and food every time. On this particular day, we were celebrating my wife's birthday with a couple of great friends. Thanks and keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dinner RestaurantEagleRockBaeDined on 7/31/2014This was my second visit to Little Beast. Although service was superior upon our first visit (a Friday night), our dinner this past Thursday was lovely. My personal favorite was the chicken liver mouse appetizer, which was wonderfully delicate and light, yet filling.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood findGentDined on 7/29/2014The food was great and it had a relaxing set up to enjoy good companySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited cuisine but excellent fooddafarianDined on 7/27/2014There isn't a great variety of choices. Because of that maybe once a month or once every couple of months, would be it for me. The Flat Iron was excellent, but it was a little small for me, a couple of ounces more would have made it perfect. Maybe next time I will try the salmon. Maybe the pork after that, and then don't know. Desserts are excellent. Ambience is great.Special Features:
- Local treateaglerocklocalDined on 7/26/2014This is the closest restaurant near our house, and we love it! We have to keep ourselves to just 1x as week, because the prices are not super cheap. But it's well worth it. Def make a reservation on the weekends, and ask for to be seated in the outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Good. Could be better.FoodisgoodVIPDined on 7/23/2014Have to admire the effort here. Efficient and nice wait staff. Bus boys great (a disappearing job these days). The space and location is tough to work with - but I think they have done a nice job. We have been there twice - and my main comment is that some of their food comes out very over-salted. I love salt - but it is pretty heavy handed with some items and almost drowns the taste of the well presented food. It also might be a little over-priced for the ambiance and food portion/quality. Also - please offer regular Pita with the Hummus. Or at least a choice. The Hummus is rich and doesn't need deep friend Pita - again, to me it drowns out the taste of the Hummus. Nice wine options and wine glasses.Special Features:
- Loved it!lovetogooutDined on 7/20/2014We had a lovely time, great courses, good wine. Will surely return many times, we're in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Little Beast Restaurant reviews archive.