Little Alley Steak
955 Canton St
Roswell, GA 30075Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Little Alley Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://littlealleysteak.com/
- Phone: 7709980440
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday -Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00-11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Little Alley Steak
A top-notch charcuterie. A full decanting service with an impressive wine list. A bourbon collection you wouldn’t believe. The newest edition to historic Roswell, Little Alley Steak, rivals the greatest of steakhouses including Peter Luger’s in New York or Bern’s in Tampa. Creators of top OTP hotspots, Hicham Azhari and Fikret Kovac are digging into the past to create a relaxed, late 1800′s-inspired space. The former antique shop has been transformed with refurbished brick, reclaimed wood and white subway tiles, track lighting fashioned from meat hooks and seating areas of booths and tables situated between low walls. The menu is top-notch, the drinks are divine, the atmosphere is warm and lively, and the experience is one you shouldn’t miss.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Little Alley Steak - Best Restaurants in Roswell ›
Little Alley Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)neighborhood gem (88)fit for foodies (87)notable wine list (78)hot spot (50)vibrant bar scene (49)romantic (43)great for outdoor dining (30)good for groups (21)late-night find (18)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Food and service were superb , but i had some random dude about one ft from my right shoulder. And it was supposed to be a romantic date. In know real estate is at a premium in Old Roswell but i would not recommend this place for a romantic date. But again ,the food was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRockAtlVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were told about the restaurant by some friends that had previously been there and we weren't disappointed. The food was excellent, the server was very attentive and the steak was one of the best that I've ever had.Special Features:
- outstanding steak!troymogaVIPDined on 9/10/2014what a great restaurant! steaks prepared beautifully, sides were perfect and the service spot on. we had the creamed corn and carrots, and there was definitely something about that corn. just magical! fair warning: bring your expense account, this isn't for the lighthearted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieDined on 9/5/2014I loved this restaurant. The service was wonderful. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- WonderfulIllbebackDined on 9/2/2014Our first visit to this steak house exceeded our expectations. Great service and wonderful food. Timing on each course was perfect. The food is a little pricey but you get what you pay for and that a nice change for other places that I have been to. I would recommend this to anyone for a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, off nightRoswellVFLDined on 9/1/2014Even the greats have off nights. So much of what separates average restaurants from great ones is service. My wife and I found most of the time there felt transactional rather than service worthy of a place like this -- from the hostess to the wait staff, nothing warm or exceptional about it. The food was good, but not enough to overcome substandard service.
- Best Steak House in Metroluv2saleDined on 8/31/2014I have eaten at steak houses all over the world but I have yet to eat better steak! We have eaten there four times and the service has always been exceptional. On this last visit we took our son and daughter-in-law and he said it was absolutely the best steak he has ever eaten. He especially enjoyed the many bourbon options listed on a huge chalk board. We will go back many times to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingcarnivorenveganDined on 8/31/2014The food choices were varied and my husband's steak was cooked perfect. The waiter made suggestions to butterfly his steak which was right on the mark. Hubby stated his steak was incredibly juicy and tender. I am vegan and was thrilled to see vegan/vegetarian options. The grilled tofu with celery root puree was phenomenal. And, the mushrooms confit are a definite hit.Special Features:
- ExcellentGuestDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food -- best steak I have ever had and the sides are amazing as is the drink selectionsSpecial Features:
- Lots of love for Little AlleyOWL1Dined on 8/29/2014Great time. Server did a great job managing our group of 6. Food was top notch. Right there with all the big names in buckhead. Looking forward to next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerClosetohomeDined on 8/29/2014We've dined at Little Alley for multiple special occasions and most recently our 5th anniversary. We made reservations, and GLAD we did, for 7:30 on a Friday night. The couple that walked in before us was told that our patio table was actually reserved (for us). It is a busy spot so make sure to make reservations. Our server was great and our food was cooked to perfection. We tried the creamed corn which was out of this world! At the end of our meal we were gifted a free dessert which included homemade mint chocolate gellato - it was AMAZING! We love dining on the patio but it is first come first serve, thankfully I mentioned we wanted to sit outside on our reservation as they were able to accommodate the request.Special Features:
- Yum!BenMVIPDined on 8/28/2014As good a steakhouse as anywhere in the USA. The appetizers (lobster cocktail and oysters) were up to par, but the filet mignon(s) and sides (roasted fingerling potatoes and fried Brussels sprouts) were exceptional. The wait staff were professional without being pretentious. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & so-so serviceotpfoodieDined on 8/25/2014I have been to pretty much every steak house inside the perimeter and had better service. My thought was that Little Alley would try harder since it is in Roswell, but that was not the case. I felt rushed and the waiter was not very informative even though we told him this was our first time dinning there. He admitted that Monday was like his Friday this week, but for the price we should have received better service. The food and the wine list was impressive for an OTP restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PotentialRickDined on 8/24/2014This was my 2nd visit to Little Alley, and I have to say it was not quite as enjoyable as my 1st. What strikes people first at Little Alley seems to be prices. OK, this is a Steak House, and I'm not terribly price sensitive, but if you're charging $45.00+ for an a la carte entree, it's going to be amazing, right? Well mine wasn't amazing, and as I was hosting this Birthday gathering for 8, I was somewhat attentive to reactions. Not one person in the group did that first bite look of delight you're hoping for. In fact, since the conversation never went to the food, I'll assume that it was fine. Just fine. And I don't think that's what a good restauranteur is looking for. But, since I live in the neighborhood, I'll give it a 3rd try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful steak house!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Can't say enough positive things about the food and service...just wish the "table for 4" was larger and the restaurant was so crowded on Saturday it was difficult to navigate to the very small table. What a wonderful problem for you to have!!!!, but not so great for the diners!! It absolutely won't stop us from returning.
- Two thumbs up for Little AlleyMikeyDined on 8/22/2014Little Alley Steakhouse makes the most of small quarters. The bar was crowded from opening on through the evening on a Friday night. The menu offered a wide variety of steak choices but was limited for non-steak (seafood, chicken, pork, lamb) entrees. Everything was a la carte, so the meal was expensive. We had two drinks each, shared an appetizer, one steak, one lamb chop, two side dishes, one salad and one dessert, which all came to $175 before tip for two people. The quality of the food was outstanding - especially the aged beef. They are definitely striving for high rollers who appreciate excellent cuisine without having to drive downtown. The waitstaff was outstanding. Noise level was a little loud. Large whiskey menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality going down...?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants, but on my last visit, I felt that the quality has slightly decreased. I love everything from the bread to the drinks, but the bread was a bit stale this time. The kobe beef meatballs, which literally fall apart and melt in your mouth, were VERY gristly. I completely lost my appetite for them and only ate 2 of the 5 meatballs. The salad used to have a strip of delicious bacon across the top, but now just a few bits. It is still one of my fav salads. The steak was good and I really enjoyed the risotto. I'm glad they have my fav pinot - even though its extremely pricey. Overall, it was good, but I don't think I'll have a strong craving to go back anytime soon.
- Best in Roswelldmb1966VIPDined on 8/19/2014What an amazing restaurant. We had heard about Little Alley but we had never been. The location is right in the heart of the action on Canton street and the decor is unique. As soon as we sat down, we knew we were going to love it. Stephen, our server was very attentive and took time to talk about the menu. They have a great selection of wine and we ordered a bottle - which was decanted as part of the standard service. The food was incredible - steak cooked to perfection and the sides were generously portioned. My wife had the scallops which she said were delicious. I would definitely recommend this place and we will absolutely be back soon!Special Features:
- The service is great. Food is goodBBQKingDined on 8/18/2014This was our second trip here. It is difficult to get in here, as they are packed on weekend nights at usual dinner time, but I guess that's a good thing for them. The food is pretty good. We had a tough time getting the salmon cooked, but the steak and other entrees were great. The sides are the gem here. They are high-quality and consistent. The desserts are fantastic. Don't hesitate.Special Features:
- Great evening!LisaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our waitress was fantastic! Timely without hovering; knowledgeable about the menu and honest when asked questions about it!Special Features:
- Simply amazing.2FunFoodiesDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated my Husbands birthday here and it was top knotch. Food, service, wine selection, our server made great wine suggestions. And bonus... A lovely family seated next to us sent us truffle fries to welcome us to Atlanta. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMaryDined on 8/15/2014We have been here a few times. Food is excellent. Very loud if your going with older people it is hard to have conversation. Guy next to our table was very loud and vulgar and we were with our children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to for birthday celebrationsStillafanDined on 8/15/2014Love this restaurant and the Canton Street scene on Friday/Saturday nights - this place can compete with our favorite Buckhead restaurants, only it is close to home. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in AtlantaMackDaddyDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I both felt that this was the best steak we have had in Atlanta. I would give a close #2 to Rathbun's Steaks and #3 to Capital Grill in my opinion. Excellent service and a fun environment. Upscale but not stuffy. Kind of a cool scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Atlanta FavUSAFoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014How do we ever eat anywhere else when in Atlanta? The food was amazing.Special Features:
- Petty thingsjoeittheATLVIPDined on 8/9/2014Dinner was nice and the quality of food received was appropriate for the prices paid except for one exception. I ordered a caesar salad and was asked by waiter if I would like anchovies, of course I said yes. When I got the bill, those 2 little fish cost $3.00 bucks extra for the salad. I had never, ever seen this before at quality restaurant whose steaks are $45+.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, outstanding steaks!FlaMexDined on 8/8/2014Very nice location, great for a walk before or after dinner, service and steak quality were outstanding, superb! Will return for sure.Special Features:
- BobzillaDined on 8/7/2014Great service, good food, nice atmosphere, and more elbow room than most places in downtown Roswell. Also the noise level is controlled enough to have a conversation. The steaks are large, so if you aren't a big eater share one with a friend. We've already recommended Little Alley to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must GOFoodJuleDined on 8/5/2014This is one of the best restaurants around, the steaks are out of this world; better than Ruth's/Chops/NY Prime in my opinion, the sides are all fabulous and the service is impeccable. I feel like I'm dining in an old world Chicago steak house. You'll also find an extensive bourbon, whiskey and wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Because of the limited space, the bar is too close to the first row of tables. If you have rude guests at the bar, it affects yoru meal. They wouldn't even move out of the way of the poor waiters and attendents who were trying to serve food. I understand the restaurant didn't want to offend anyone, but they should have asked them to stay closer to the bar.Special Features:
- Great Food!MojoeDined on 8/4/2014One of the best steaks in Atlanta. The sides are also great. Nice, casual atmosphere. Great place to relax.Special Features:
- Exceptional and consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The food is consistently exceptional. Try the seafood tower and anyone of the steaks. One can generally tell about quality by the freshness of the seafood-- crab, lobster, shrimp, and oysters. The steaks are clearly very high quality. The key, however, is friendly, helpful, service.....Special Features:
- Great steaksKcatDined on 8/2/2014Very good steaks and the sides are also very good. Of course it's VERY pricy. Need to split your meals Would highly recommend this restaurant. Make sure you gave plenty of money :)Special Features:
- Fabulous Dinner and GREAT Service!!foodloverDined on 8/2/2014We had such a wonderful time and Little Alley Steak. The food was EXCELLENT, and our waiter, Neal, was fabulous. It couldn't have been a more perfect evening. Thank you so much! We will be back!Special Features:
- Pricey but averageLovefoodDined on 8/2/2014Food was good but not worth the price. The place feels small as we were stuck in a corner. Not worth it, prefer Pampas.
- Great romantic scene!foodisgoodmmmmDined on 8/2/2014Took my wife for our anniversary- Superb service, superb ambience, and great food. Wine selection was impressive, whiskey selection was impressive, french martini was too sweet and didn't taste like a french martini, dry aged steak was very good, but the mussels, bread and creme brulee were amazing! The roasted bone marrow canoes were interesting to try, and it was nice to see that along with other items that cannot be found in other places. Our server was accommodating in ways that were not expected, very impressive. Love the hanging display of Edison bulbs for the atmosphere! Thank you!Special Features:
- DonnaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Really looked forward to dining at Little Alley's based on web-site and recommendations of friends. It was loud and energetic, which is fine. The food was awesome, but although we loved the food, we probably won't come back because the of the very, poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roswell GemBuzzdogDined on 8/1/2014I had a great fillet while with friends and a good time. A little pricey for Roswell and it does get very noisey when full, but overall another Roswell restaurant gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great- Service was notMissy26VIPDined on 7/28/2014We enjoyed our meal at Alley Steak but if you're looking to have a quiet/romantic evening out... don't go to Alley. The tables are very close together & you can hear every word of conversations going on next to you. The food was fantastic but the service was lacking, we were a little disappointed because we have been here before & had great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jhausDined on 7/27/2014Wonderful steaks, sides, and wine. Great to go in non-peak hours as restaurant is somewhat small and noisy. Great owner who really cares about the city of Roswell. We had wonderful service.Special Features: