140 Newark Ave.
Jersey City, NJ 07302Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.litm.com/
- Phone: (201) 536-5557
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Leana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you are interested in having LITM cater your event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cross Street: Manila/Grove
- Public Transit: We are less than a block from the Grove St. PATH train station. http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps-schedules.html
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are several lots in the area as well as street parking. The closest lot is a paid lot at the Grove Pointe Building.
A word from LITM
A great place to have unique cocktails and delicious food. Daily food and drink specials. Whether you come in for a quiet dinner or to have a party you'll have a fun time! Also a perfect spot to have your birthday party, class reunion, bridal shower or any other kind of event you can think of. Private parties are also available. Just let us know what you're thinking of and we can make it happen!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LITM reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Get togetherReviewDined on 10/28/2014Selected this place for a girls get together. There is a good selection of food but the food was ok. We ordered the tofu wings bc one of us was a vegetarian and it basically tasted like a piece of tofu with batter on it. No other seasoning. The only flavoring was the honey mustard dip. I ordered the Tuesday nite steak tacos and it was a little bland. My friend ordered the tilapia dinner and it was bland too. I tried my friends mac and cheese and it was ok. It decor was nice and it was a central location for us to meet but other than that, I wouldnt recommend it for the food.Special Features:
- The following 23 reviews are from the LITM reviews archive.
- Good Food, Good DealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2014We went during Happy Hour on a Thursday. Each enjoyed the beer on tap and $10 pot of mussels (we got the thai chili sauce with scallions!).Special Features:
- Galentines dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014A friend of mine and I wanted to have a little "Gal-entines" dinner locally rather than trekking to Manhattan after all this snow! They did a great job with creating a valentines day drink and dinner menu, and although I didn't order from these other than the dessert, I can say the food was great! I also loved that we were there for quite sometime without being made to feel that we needed to rush through dinner. I highly recommend LITM!Special Features:
- Great place....the mac andlavivDined on 2/9/2014Great place....the mac and chesse is to die for. Overall its my go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't Recomend for FoodJackieDined on 1/18/2014Positives: Great drinks- very authentic Fun music- eclectic Relaxing decor and chill ambiance Negatives: Server had poor knowledge of the menu. Kitchen took 40+ mins for food when we were the only ones there. My friend and I ordered steaks and we both sent ours back. My steak was scorched to rubbery loafer perfection when I had asked for medium rare, while my friend's steak salad was cooked medium rare when she had asked for well done. Still, didn't mind since my friends were pretty happy with their food and again, the drinks and ambiance were great. Second time around, my friend was given her steak to her liking, but they gave me a cold steak with burnt fries (bc they refried everything instead of making me a fresh dish). Won't go back.Special Features:
- Great experience, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Great experience, great service - with both the reservation process as well as the dinner I attended. Open Table has also changed my life with how quick and convenient everything is! Thank you.Special Features:
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013I came here for a quick Mother's Day lunch. Nice atmosphere, art for sale on the walls - a little sparse in terms of comfort, and a slight bar smell wehn you first walk in. Service was friendly but incredibly slow - we had 4 cups of coffee each before our food came out, and my mother's had to be sent back. I wouldn't recommend this place if you have an agenda for the day, seems like the employees are in no rush to get you serviced. Food was ok, but limited brunch menu on Sunday. I would probably only go here as a last resort, there are better options for this area of Jersey City.
- Fav spot....not fav for brunchIndigoDined on 5/4/2013I decide to surprise my bestie with a girls brunch. Yes it was a last minute decision but they accepted the reservation for 10 so I assume they were prepared for it. Reservation set for 2:30 pm on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Most of the girls were late (of course they would be because they are girls)....enough said. Once we we ordered we were told it was only 1 chef/cook and they were also hosting a bridal shower so our food "may take some time." About an hour later....we eat! Brucnh turned into dinner. I'm a regular for happy hour but brunch for a group is not their best. I'll stick to happy hour....Our waiter was awesome and he tried to make the best of the situation....Thanks Matt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I attended the official openingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013I attended the official opening weekend of their new brunch menu and it was great. I had the chicken and waffles, sampled the challah french toast and enjoyed a pitcher of bloody marys with my friends. Everything was delicious. The staff, as usual, was attentive and very friendly. Kudos all around!Special Features:
- A nice neighborhood gem. HadCraigVIPDined on 3/13/2013A nice neighborhood gem. Had never been there and it was a surprise to see how much activity was i there. It kinda a restaurant, bar and gallery. I would go back; it has a nice vibe.Special Features:
- Worth a try...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/14/2013We went here for Vday, so they had a PreFixe menu for $40 per person. I had a seared scallop salad, which was fresh and tasty. The scallops had good seasoning and char marks. The strawberry salad was also very delicious, although they did not substitute the gorgonzola cheese upon our request ( they said they had). For dinner she had the stuffed poblano, which had just enough heat without being over bearing. I went with the Salmon entree, which was a large piece of salmon that was cooked very nicely. Dessert consisted of red velvet rice pudding and chocolate covered strawberries. The food and drinks were very good, but the environment is very small and tight. Guests were sitting on top of one another.Special Features:
- what can i say? the vibe wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2012what can i say? the vibe was great! i'd go back to get that ube cheesecake :) among other yummy things..plus my request was fulfilled (with a smile), in a short notice!Special Features:
- Laid back art sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012LITM is a great place for a first date. A little on the louder side but the ambiance is amazing and there is a good variety of unique but not overwhelming food. Great drinks, great specials. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- WE WENT HERE THINKING IT WOULDkrisDined on 8/8/2012WE WENT HERE THINKING IT WOULD BE A GOOD DINNER SPOT- NOT THE CASE. THIS IS DEFINITELY MORE OF A BAR SCENE. GOOD HAPPY HOUR SPECIALS. IF I WERE TO RETURN IT WOULD BE FOR DRINKS ONLY. THERE WAS A VERY LARGE CROWD IN THE BACK OF THE RESTAURANT SO WE COULD BARELY HEAR EACH OTHER SPEAK. KIND OF ANNOYING, BUT NOTHING YOU COULD DO ABOUT IT!THE 3 PEOPLE IN MY PARTY EACH TRIED THE MANY SPECIALTY DRINKS ON THE MENU. NO COMPLAINTS THERE! OK EXPERIENCE BUT WILL NOT BE RETURNING FOR FOOD.Special Features:
- The nacho fries were outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/25/2012The nacho fries were outstanding! Liked the atmosphere. Appreciated the server was so accommodating to a variety of dietary challenges.
- There was a horrible smellOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2012There was a horrible smell in the back and the food tasted like it was microwaved. I was really expecting a more romantic, gourmet type of restaurant and that is how it was advertised. This restaurant seemed more like it would be a place you would go to for a drink and they happened to serve food.
- I went here for my 22nd birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2012I went here for my 22nd birthday for dinner. I had a reservation for 10 but some of my guests weren't all able to show up on time. So by the time that 5 of my guests showed up, our other tables which were reserved for the other 5 guests got taken away by the waitresses without any communication being forwarded to me. I had to tell my 5 other guests to wait 30 minutes or so, so the other table could leave & so we can occupy it. Overall, the service was extremely slow, but the food came out hot & on time. It took a while to get some of the waitresses attention to get us drinks & to also remember whether we wanted a condiment or another entree.. Overall, I've been here before with my boyfriend & we get great service. I say, go without a group.Special Features:
- Another JC hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012First time here and came with some friends for dinner and drinks. Chose the place bc of recommendation and it has large vegetarian options for the other couple we were with. Went in on a Saturday night and there were drink specials till 9, so we definitely took advantage of the $6 martinis that were very good... Server even checked at 5 till 9 to see if we needed a refill before special ended. Everyone enjoyed their meals and loved the ambiance, which is very trendy. Has the spinach/artichoke dip which was great as an app.. And had the veggie burger as a meal, which was unlike any I have had before, but was delicious. The rest of the table had somilar experiences with their meals too. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Vday dinner was solid. HaveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Vday dinner was solid. Have a DJ spinning next time. LITM is just a solid JC bar/restaurant.Special Features:
- UNBELIEVABLE Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012UNBELIEVABLE Valentine's Day menu!!! The Chef knows how to make the perfect medium rare filet mignon. Meal selection, dessert selection and drink selection are truly unbeatable. What a gorgeous and unexpected find!!!! Wish I had known about LITM sooner!!! I'm addicted.Special Features:
- I went to LITM for a chocolateYUMMYVIPDined on 2/11/2012I went to LITM for a chocolate and drink pairing on Valentine's Day. The drink weren't that great and I didn't really like the atmosphere. Big, blank white walls. I can't really judge the food since I didn't eat there but the review will not submit without that rating.
- Went there for a special eventOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Went there for a special event - chocolate and drink pairing tasting. I had the citrus combination, while my husband had the herbal combination. It was fun and a little bit out of the ordinary.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL place - excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012WONDERFUL place - excellent music, awesome artwork, fun staff - and the food - the food is absolutely delectable. My FAVORITE restaurant in Jersey City. Truthfully, before I found LITM, I couldn't find a reason to hang out in JC. Compared to Hoboken and the City, I considered Downtown's offering of restaurants and nightlife extremely lacking. But now that I found LITM, I have the PERFECT place to go to see one-of-a-kind art, hear great music, get a unique drink and hang out with an amazing and eclectic group of creatives. LOVE love LOVE LITM!!!!Special Features:
- The First Date !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012My first time there, arrived at 9 pm. Enjoyed a good drink and a great ceasar salad. It happen to be a first date so for two hours we were able to talk but by 11 pm the noise level tripled, and that included music from bar with talking and laughing. At one point we could not hear each other at all. The answer for the next time is to get there earlier. At 11 - to whenever it closes would be great with friends to laugh scream and have a great time !! Did I mention I am in love with your Ceasar because hard to find a chef that uses sardines on the dressing . Bravo to them !!Special Features: