638 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M6J 1E3Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fidelgastro.ca/lisa-marie
- Phone: 6477486822x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Kris Topping
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Lisa Marie is a brainchild of the Fidel Gastro's Food Experience Company, including our food truck (Priscilla), BBQ Trailer (Pigs And Roses) and our special event/pop up catering division. For additional info, please visit http://fidelgastro.ca/catering/
- Private Party Facilities: Lisa Marie is available for private functions, please inquire with restaurant management/owner.
- Private Party Contact: Houston Mauser 647-748-6822x
- Entertainment: DJ's every Wed, Fri & Sat
TUESDAY: ALL-IN -- try the entire menu for $105! Good for sharing with four guests. Regular Menu available.
WEDNESDAY: 1/2 Price Wine by the bottle
THURSDAY: #TapThatThursday -- each week a brewery is invited to sample their beers. 1/2 Pints for $3, Pints for $6
FRIDAY: Every Friday we feature one of our cocktails for a special price. DJ starts at 10pm. No Cover.
SATURDAY: $5 Rail Drinks (after 5pm) DJ starts at 10pm. No Cover.
Don't forget to check out the market for delicious summer BBQ treats, house pickled goods and specialty sauces.
A word from Lisa Marie
Lisa Marie is the new Fidel Gastro restaurant located in the heart of Toronto’s fashion district at 638 Queen St West. Restaurant, bar, late night snack, meat market, event space or brunch spot. Lisa Marie is constantly changing and evolving finding new and innovative ways to bring the Fidel Gastro street food experience. It’s pretty much a brick and mortar with the heart of a popup.. ole!!!Continued
Closed Mondays and Sunday evenings for the winter. Some resos available.
Closed Mondays and Sunday evenings for the winter. Some resos available.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Lisa Marie - Best Restaurants in Queen West ›
Lisa Marie reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (29)good for groups (25)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (17)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice venue, okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Nice venue, okay food. The maple syrup that came with the waffles was very runny. Chicken wasn't cooked all the way through. Fries were soggy Little disappointed the "fresh OJ' came out in a small bar glass - especially when you're paying a lot for it. And it wasn't freshly squeezed - just because the box says "fresh" doesn't mean it is.Special Features:
- Big FanMaxpowerDined on 8/2/2014The food and service were both amazing...I definitely will be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Loved it!! Great food and super accommodating staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soo much delicious foodTheLibertyGuyDined on 7/26/2014There were six of us sitting at one of the longer high-tops. We ordered almost everything on the menu. By the time the last two dishes came out we were all stuffed. The food was delicious. The service was great. The beers flowed. I think it's safe to safe we had a good time.Special Features:
- MehemkayDined on 7/19/2014After some good experiences at Fidel Gastro, food was nothing special. nothing really notable, mostly meh.
- Shared dishes, great spot to hang.HangSpotDined on 7/16/2014Had friends in town for the week, found this gem of a spot... We were seated at the tables close to the street so was great to chill, chat and watch the passer byers... The food was superb and was fun to try abit of everything, favourite was deffinetly the meat dish to dip the bread into... 1/2 price bottles of wine on Wednesday night... Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great service, friendly staff!ElvisRocksDined on 7/6/2014The food was fantastic, we celebrated my husbands birthday and the staff were very accommodating and attentive. We will be visiting the restaurant again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackieDined on 6/21/2014Excellent spot for a chilled out vibe. Tapas style portions were a decent size, and there was more than enough for two of us to share each plate. The waitress was helpful and knowledgeable about the items on the menu. The spicy torched cauliflower was definitely a memorable dish!Special Features:
- Love love this placeGoinBak4moreDined on 6/13/2014The food is amazing and always changing. Great for gathering friends and having a great relaxing time. They never try and push you out the door for the next table. Staff are very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SpecialheartfoodDined on 6/1/2014I got the braised ribs special AND IT WAS THE ONE OF THE BEST CHEAT DAYS I'VE EVER HAD. I had a food coma after but regret nothing. Also definitely ask for their hot sauce if you like spicy. They make it themselves there and it's nothing like you ever tasted!Special Features:
- Coming back for sureKirbsidekDined on 5/28/2014Reservations are a must! Arrived at 8pm on a Wednesday and the place was packed, I took it as a good sign. Service was great, our server was friendly and attentive even though the place was packed he made us feel like we were his only customers. Food was amazing! Everything was so fresh and full of flavour, you can tell a lot of thought goes into the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favesmaggiemayDined on 5/20/2014Loved the music. Loved the food. Loved the service. Can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Good brunch spotBiBiTiTiDined on 5/18/2014The fact that it takes reservation for brunch is already a plus for me. Food was nothing too out of the ordinary but definitely tasty and hit the spot. Server was friendly and efficient. Will visit again.Special Features:
- AwesomePeekstarDined on 5/17/2014Our waitress was truly awesome. She even sat down to chat with us on this non busy Saturday afternoon. She was passionate and knew her stuff. Even showed us the new dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chill place but really priceyVCB89VIPDined on 5/4/2014I loved the ambiance. They have a glass garage door that they open when it's warm out. The food is really tasty. My complaint is the price. It's quite pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodStacyDined on 5/3/2014You pay for it, but it's well worth it. The food at Lisa Marie is excellent. I'm a bit picky and I had trouble deciding what to order because everything looked so good. The only issue is even though I had a reservation they wanted to seat me at the bar. They said that the bar is a regular seat. I insisted we get a table seeing it was my boyfriend's b-day and I didn't want to spend the evening staring at the bar wall. Almost all of the tables are the long communal tables which is fine with me but the bar stools (although they look cool) are extremely uncomfortable. Despite all of this the food is really good and I would recommend to others and go back as well.Special Features:
- Great Service!LiveTOeatDined on 5/1/2014Our server was fun and energetic and knew the menu extremely well. We were a group of 6 and the high noise level made it a bit hard to carry a conversation as a table but overall we had a great time. The Pad Thai fries are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Lisa Marie reviews archive.
- Top NotchJMarionDined on 4/12/2014Great food, great service. Add this to your list of spots to frequent in TorontoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, but bad for early datesTommyChainsDined on 4/12/2014I went here for a second date. It's a good spot with great food but the noise level (specifically the music) is far too loud, and I regret going there. It is good for a small group or couples, but not if you're trying to get to know someone.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceFatkidDined on 4/5/2014The food was great. The dishes are like tasters. Small portions. The steak was amazing. Favorite dishes were tostadas and alligator skewers. Don't remember the actual names. The pace was busy. You should definitely make reservations for dinner. Our server was really nice. Great energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff and service is amazingOdKinnsDined on 3/29/2014Staff and service is amazing and the food is even better! I would definitely recommend and go back whenever I am downtown Toronto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite among friendsLindersurpriseDined on 3/28/2014We love this place. I'll admit, not every single dish is a gem, but a lot of them are, and the menu is constantly evolving, so there's always something new. The service was very friendly and knowledgeable, and, considering how much we ordered, the price was completely reasonable. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger, Bingos & Beer #TripleBEzzaDined on 3/25/2014We were a group of 9 at Tuesday night Bingo. We had many Samuel Adams and sampled much of the burger menu -- complete with pad thai fries (one of my faves). A great night. Great food, flowing beer and an energetic host to bring back BINGO! Cheers Lisa Marie. We'll become regulars.Special Features:
- Satisfying!plchicDined on 3/23/2014I had brunch here with my husband and a friend and it was amazing. Definitely a hot spot given there is a television show for the chef. I had the fried Cornish hen and waffles with salad and it was a great take on chicken and waffles. If you like spicy do order the Pad Thai french fries, not too spicy but the spice does kick in if taking your time. At the back you can pickup some items to go if you like. I saw some items like sauces, soup and pickled veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay away from the music speakerDinerDined on 3/22/2014Loved the food but they sat us next to the one speaker for the whole restaurant. The music selection was great but it was way to loud. We couldn't carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Bingo, burgers and beersandraDined on 3/18/2014My friends and I had a really fun time at their bingo, burgers and beer night that they do every Tuesday. It was a lot of fun, but they only offered burgers on their Tuesday menu. The burgers were very creative, but the patties were pretty dry. Their pad Thai fries were to die for! Very delicious. I plan on going back on a day other than Tuesday to try their usual menu.
- DELICIOUS AND AMAZING SERVICERiazDined on 3/7/2014You will not be disappointed. I highly recommend every dish on the menu, specifically the Sugo is incredible, as is the Creole Poutine. Well priced as well! Will definitely go back, as it's turning into one of my favourite Tapas dining experiences in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourites with a trendy twistsavvydinerDined on 2/23/2014I had brunch at Lisa Marie recently and it was fantastic! They take your favourite brunch foods and make them different by offering a trendy twist. Chicken and Waffles is re-imagined with a jalapeno cornbread waffle, or the eggs benedict accurately renamed Bacon Explosion Benedict. Definitely make sure you get the Pad Thai Fries and a seat by the window! Will definitely be coming again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were an anomaly - a partyCeliaVIPDined on 2/14/2014We were an anomaly - a party of 11 on Valentine's Day - the owner allowed us to depart from the set menu to accommodate our vegetarian and teenagers - most wonderful food, and on the menu was a 6 pack for 30$ - wonderful selection of beer, which everyone loved. The menu changes - tuesday night is bingo, bear and burgers! Great fun. This innovative, tasty and cozy restaurant is superlative!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was amazing and foodnomnomDined on 2/12/2014Service was amazing and food was even better! I loved the small portions because we were able to share and try a bunch of things. I recommend the eggplant meatball and this other doughy dish with duck. :pSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came with a group of 6MexDDined on 1/28/2014We came with a group of 6 on a tuesday when they have the special where you can order everythign on the menu for $85 so we order 2 of those for a group of 6 of us. Everything we had was good but what really stuck out was the Chocolate Chip cookies with pork in it. Those cookies were so soft and moist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was accommodating for ourdc29Dined on 1/25/2014Was accommodating for our large group. However, because they had a dj come in we were asked to leave after our meal so that he would have more space to set up. Other than that... We enjoyed ourselves and the food. A little too noisy for chatting. And a little over priced for some of the items. Good for some unique tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was okay.GeorgeVIPDined on 1/16/2014Great, friendly service. The food was a bit of a disappointment - more greasy, comfort food than 'foodie' quality. Don't sit close to the front of the restaurant (glass garage door) or the front door because it's absolutely freezing!!!
- you rock!RonFoodieVIPDined on 1/12/2014Great brunch food! Noisy, but that was expected. Wine list was being flipped, so options were limited. Will definitely be back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Spot with Amazing FoodBrandonDined on 1/8/2014Ate at Lisa Marie based on a recommendation from a friend and I was not disappointed. Can't really pinpoint the style of food since there seems to a lot of different influences in the dishes, but if delicious were a style then they'd be nailing it at Lisa Marie. The wine selection wasn't extensive, but there were some nice options. If you're not a wine drinker then there's plenty of original options on their cocktail list. If you're interested in eating some interesting food, drinking with friends or wining and dining a new friend then Lisa Marie should be on your short list of places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.