638 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M6J 1E3Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fidelgastro.ca/lisa-marie
- Phone: (647) 748-6822
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Kris Topping
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Lisa Marie is a brainchild of the Fidel Gastro's Food Experience Company, including our food truck (Priscilla), BBQ Trailer (Pigs And Roses) and our special event/pop up catering division. For additional info, please visit http://fidelgastro.ca/catering/
- Private Party Facilities: Lisa Marie is available for private functions, please inquire with restaurant management/owner.
- Private Party Contact: Houston Mauser 647-748-6822x
- Entertainment: DJ's every Wed, Fri & Sat
TUESDAY: ALL-IN -- try the entire menu for $105! Good for sharing with four guests. Regular Menu available.
WEDNESDAY: 1/2 Price Wine by the bottle
THURSDAY: #TapThatThursday -- each week a brewery is invited to sample their beers. 1/2 Pints for $3, Pints for $6
FRIDAY: Every Friday we feature one of our cocktails for a special price. DJ starts at 10pm. No Cover.
SATURDAY: $5 Rail Drinks (after 5pm) DJ starts at 10pm. No Cover.
Don't forget to check out the market for delicious summer BBQ treats, house pickled goods and specialty sauces.
A word from Lisa Marie
Lisa Marie is the new Fidel Gastro restaurant located in the heart of Toronto’s fashion district at 638 Queen St West. Restaurant, bar, late night snack, meat market, event space or brunch spot. Lisa Marie is constantly changing and evolving finding new and innovative ways to bring the Fidel Gastro street food experience. It’s pretty much a brick and mortar with the heart of a popup.. ole!!!Continued
Closed Mondays and Sunday evenings for the winter. Some resos available.
Closed Mondays and Sunday evenings for the winter. Some resos available.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Lisa Marie - Best Restaurants in Queen West ›
Lisa Marie reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (24)good for groups (20)hot spot (17)great for brunch (16)neighborhood gem (16)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)special occasion (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Food is good, Service is sub parOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/8/2014I eat out VERY frequently and love my brunch. We wanted to try a new brunch place and had read about this place via various blogs. When we arrived, they had no tables as the ones available were reserved (and the place was packed). I decided to check OpenTable to see if I can reserve a table for 2 which I was able to do. The system shouldn't allow be to book when in actuality there were no tables available for a good 20 minutes. I told one of the server's this and she had a quite unpleasant response. Once seated, we placed our orders immediately as we had looked at the menu while waiting. There were a number of people waiting for their food. I was monitoring the kitchen and nothing had come out for half an hour. It took close to 40 minutes to finally get our food. That had also made an error on my order. This place has good ambience but it's quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!paleolisaDined on 10/31/2014Lisa Marie is probably one of my favourite restaurants in Toronto. The food is absolutely amazing and very unique. I love how the menu changes so you can always try something new when you go in. The service is also great, very friendly and efficient. Definitely go and check out this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchRedcivicDined on 10/26/2014While staying in Liberty Village recently we went to Lisa Marie's for brunch. The Cornish hen with waffle was great. The staff were attentive and friendly, but they did not hover over us. What really impressed us was the fact that they didn't rush us out the door even though they were busy. We will go back for sure for dinner. Good value, casual and just right for the mood we were in.I would recommend this to a friend.
- late night dinnerMarkMDined on 10/24/2014Went to Lisa marie for a late dinner with friends. The portions are a good size for sharing and the service was very helpful with recommendations on what to get on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For food lovers who like to yell.nacmDined on 10/23/2014Went to Lisa Marie twice in one week -- once for dinner, once for brunch. Great for groups, as they take reservations for all meals, even brunch (a rarity in TO). Food is amazing, though this isn't the place to go if you're looking for a lighter meal. Service was at times a tiny bit slow, but waiters/bartenders were always super pleasant, and wonderfully accommodating about separate bills (which a lot of restaurants could learn from). Only complaint would be the NOISE! Music volume during dinner was seriously dialed up, which meant everyone was competing, which meant feeling like you were yelling through your meal. Turn it down a notch or two and this place would be a home run.Special Features:
- PerfectYumfoodDined on 10/23/2014We can to Lisa Marie based on a documentary that we saw about the Toronto dining scene. The food was amazing and the servers were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but...PartyinmymouthDined on 10/19/2014It took about 45-60 minutes for our brunch (5 people) to arrive. It wasn't particularly busy either. Wen our food came, everyone had cold fries, which when we told the waitress she got is two big bowls of hot fries! (Try their Thai fries, they're amazing!) So overall the experience was good minus waiting for a long time. Oh ya, the food is amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2eatDined on 10/1/2014Since they've changed their menu there are a lot less plates. The food was good but the switch from entrees to sharing threw me off. The service was great and the food we ordered was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad foodNateDogVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food here was bad. The drinks were mediocre. The staff was friendly and didn't charge us for one terrible dish that we received, but even this gesture could not make up for the overall poor experience. My advice: GO ELSEWHERE!
- Not what I expectedDLowDined on 9/3/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and it was a total let down. Going off a friends recommendation I was expecting great good for a pricier value. Service was what you'd expect at a bar screen but considering the portions weren't enough to feed a child it was very disappointing. I understand it was finger food but come on, $9 for a curry scallop on slaw which ended up being a SINGLE scallop on some shredded carrots with a touch of currry sauce. Needless to say 3 tiny dishes & $45 later & we left to go have Burger Priest down the street. I understand this place derived from a food truck business and they rotate their menu once every 3-4months but does anyone working there even sample or value the food from a consumer perspective?Special Features:
- Tasty, trendy and uniqueAverageFoodieDined on 8/30/2014This was my second visit to Lisa Marie and it did not disappoint. The staff is friendly and the food is delicious. It is a smaller restaurant and every table was full. I made reservations this time because the first time I went there they didn't have any tables available so we ended up eating at the bar (which wasn't bad, but we wanted to make sure we could get in). The food is small plates style, so is meant for sharing so you can get a taste of a few different dishes on the menu. Something to note- we made a reservation for four people and we were sat at a high table with room for six. Part way through our meal two other guests were seated in the empty chairs at our table. It didn't bother us at all, but it might bother some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Fusion Fairmiss5Dined on 8/30/2014Good sized tapa portions for sharing. Some of the dishes are a bit heavy but the tuna ceviche is a favourite!
- Good food and Placeadreyno1Dined on 8/30/2014I enjoy their food and restaurant, it is a bit pricey and when we went for brunch our order took over a half an hr to arrive due to a "system glitch". They did take off 15% for the wait, I just don't like the fact that it felt like they forgot about us and didn't often check on us while we waited for that length in time. Good for dates and small groups.Special Features:
- Nice venue, okay fooddontaskDined on 8/24/2014Nice venue, okay food. The maple syrup that came with the waffles was very runny. Chicken wasn't cooked all the way through. Fries were soggy Little disappointed the "fresh OJ' came out in a small bar glass - especially when you're paying a lot for it. And it wasn't freshly squeezed - just because the box says "fresh" doesn't mean it is.Special Features:
- Big FanMaxpowerDined on 8/2/2014The food and service were both amazing...I definitely will be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Loved it!! Great food and super accommodating staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soo much delicious foodTheLibertyGuyDined on 7/26/2014There were six of us sitting at one of the longer high-tops. We ordered almost everything on the menu. By the time the last two dishes came out we were all stuffed. The food was delicious. The service was great. The beers flowed. I think it's safe to safe we had a good time.Special Features:
- The following 31 reviews are from the Lisa Marie reviews archive.
- MehemkayDined on 7/19/2014After some good experiences at Fidel Gastro, food was nothing special. nothing really notable, mostly meh.
- Shared dishes, great spot to hang.HangSpotDined on 7/16/2014Had friends in town for the week, found this gem of a spot... We were seated at the tables close to the street so was great to chill, chat and watch the passer byers... The food was superb and was fun to try abit of everything, favourite was deffinetly the meat dish to dip the bread into... 1/2 price bottles of wine on Wednesday night... Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great service, friendly staff!ElvisRocksDined on 7/6/2014The food was fantastic, we celebrated my husbands birthday and the staff were very accommodating and attentive. We will be visiting the restaurant again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackieDined on 6/21/2014Excellent spot for a chilled out vibe. Tapas style portions were a decent size, and there was more than enough for two of us to share each plate. The waitress was helpful and knowledgeable about the items on the menu. The spicy torched cauliflower was definitely a memorable dish!Special Features:
- Love love this placeGoinBak4moreDined on 6/13/2014The food is amazing and always changing. Great for gathering friends and having a great relaxing time. They never try and push you out the door for the next table. Staff are very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SpecialheartfoodDined on 6/1/2014I got the braised ribs special AND IT WAS THE ONE OF THE BEST CHEAT DAYS I'VE EVER HAD. I had a food coma after but regret nothing. Also definitely ask for their hot sauce if you like spicy. They make it themselves there and it's nothing like you ever tasted!Special Features:
- Coming back for sureKirbsidekDined on 5/28/2014Reservations are a must! Arrived at 8pm on a Wednesday and the place was packed, I took it as a good sign. Service was great, our server was friendly and attentive even though the place was packed he made us feel like we were his only customers. Food was amazing! Everything was so fresh and full of flavour, you can tell a lot of thought goes into the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favesmaggiemayDined on 5/20/2014Loved the music. Loved the food. Loved the service. Can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Good brunch spotBiBiTiTiVIPDined on 5/18/2014The fact that it takes reservation for brunch is already a plus for me. Food was nothing too out of the ordinary but definitely tasty and hit the spot. Server was friendly and efficient. Will visit again.Special Features:
- AwesomePeekstarDined on 5/17/2014Our waitress was truly awesome. She even sat down to chat with us on this non busy Saturday afternoon. She was passionate and knew her stuff. Even showed us the new dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chill place but really priceyVCB89VIPDined on 5/4/2014I loved the ambiance. They have a glass garage door that they open when it's warm out. The food is really tasty. My complaint is the price. It's quite pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodStacyDined on 5/3/2014You pay for it, but it's well worth it. The food at Lisa Marie is excellent. I'm a bit picky and I had trouble deciding what to order because everything looked so good. The only issue is even though I had a reservation they wanted to seat me at the bar. They said that the bar is a regular seat. I insisted we get a table seeing it was my boyfriend's b-day and I didn't want to spend the evening staring at the bar wall. Almost all of the tables are the long communal tables which is fine with me but the bar stools (although they look cool) are extremely uncomfortable. Despite all of this the food is really good and I would recommend to others and go back as well.Special Features:
- Great Service!LiveTOeatDined on 5/1/2014Our server was fun and energetic and knew the menu extremely well. We were a group of 6 and the high noise level made it a bit hard to carry a conversation as a table but overall we had a great time. The Pad Thai fries are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchJMarionDined on 4/12/2014Great food, great service. Add this to your list of spots to frequent in TorontoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, but bad for early datesTommyChainsDined on 4/12/2014I went here for a second date. It's a good spot with great food but the noise level (specifically the music) is far too loud, and I regret going there. It is good for a small group or couples, but not if you're trying to get to know someone.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceFatkidDined on 4/5/2014The food was great. The dishes are like tasters. Small portions. The steak was amazing. Favorite dishes were tostadas and alligator skewers. Don't remember the actual names. The pace was busy. You should definitely make reservations for dinner. Our server was really nice. Great energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff and service is amazingOdKinnsDined on 3/29/2014Staff and service is amazing and the food is even better! I would definitely recommend and go back whenever I am downtown Toronto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite among friendsLindersurpriseDined on 3/28/2014We love this place. I'll admit, not every single dish is a gem, but a lot of them are, and the menu is constantly evolving, so there's always something new. The service was very friendly and knowledgeable, and, considering how much we ordered, the price was completely reasonable. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger, Bingos & Beer #TripleBEzzaDined on 3/25/2014We were a group of 9 at Tuesday night Bingo. We had many Samuel Adams and sampled much of the burger menu -- complete with pad thai fries (one of my faves). A great night. Great food, flowing beer and an energetic host to bring back BINGO! Cheers Lisa Marie. We'll become regulars.Special Features:
- Satisfying!plchicDined on 3/23/2014I had brunch here with my husband and a friend and it was amazing. Definitely a hot spot given there is a television show for the chef. I had the fried Cornish hen and waffles with salad and it was a great take on chicken and waffles. If you like spicy do order the Pad Thai french fries, not too spicy but the spice does kick in if taking your time. At the back you can pickup some items to go if you like. I saw some items like sauces, soup and pickled veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay away from the music speakerDinerDined on 3/22/2014Loved the food but they sat us next to the one speaker for the whole restaurant. The music selection was great but it was way to loud. We couldn't carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Bingo, burgers and beersandraDined on 3/18/2014My friends and I had a really fun time at their bingo, burgers and beer night that they do every Tuesday. It was a lot of fun, but they only offered burgers on their Tuesday menu. The burgers were very creative, but the patties were pretty dry. Their pad Thai fries were to die for! Very delicious. I plan on going back on a day other than Tuesday to try their usual menu.
- DELICIOUS AND AMAZING SERVICERiazDined on 3/7/2014You will not be disappointed. I highly recommend every dish on the menu, specifically the Sugo is incredible, as is the Creole Poutine. Well priced as well! Will definitely go back, as it's turning into one of my favourite Tapas dining experiences in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.