Liquid Bread Gastropub
379 E. Campbell Ave.
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Liquid Bread Gastropub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.liquidbreadcampbell.com/
- Phone: 4083703400x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: T-Sa 3:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner: Su 1:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Burke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Liquid Bread Gastropub
Gastropub. A public house that specializes in serving high-quality food and beer. A blend of gastronomy and pub.Continued
Indulge in California cuisine highlighted by local & seasonal ingredients complimented with local wine and craft beer.
Indulge in California cuisine highlighted by local & seasonal ingredients complimented with local wine and craft beer.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Liquid Bread Gastropub - Best Restaurants in Campbell ›
Liquid Bread Gastropub reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (31)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (17)special occasion (14)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Good food, good drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014My wife and I keep coming back to this time and again. The menu always has something new and interesting and invariably quite tasty. The beer menu is impressive, and has a steady turnover to keep the selection fresh.Special Features:
- Trying new thingsVeedsCDined on 8/22/2014My friend and I tried sweetbreads for the first time and they were delicious. The menu is creative and the food is delicious. Some gastropubs come off as pretentious, but not this one. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. I will definitely come here again.Special Features:
- First Visit won't be the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Campbell has grown into a very nice downtown for local dinners and Liquid Bread is a brilliant addition. The eclectic fair the quality of the ingredients and the touch of Burke genius make this foodie pleasantly willing to revisit time after time. I am health oriented so eat very little meat but on recommendation had the burger (quite the decision actually) and I will say it was the best piece of meat the ole tastebuds have encountered, perhaps ever. The wine and beer list offers such a good blending of offerings for any request and represents a world wide palate. Cheers and CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails to ImpressChipsterVIPDined on 8/6/2014Yet another perfect evening at this great restaurant: kale salad, sweetbreads, corn/crab chowder, chicken/waffles and mussels. Our server, Jeannette, made perfect recommendations for beer and helped make the evening special. There is a reason we keep coming back here: it never fails to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Every time I have a meal at Liquid Bread, it has been excellent. I've tried things that sounded a bit strange, but they always turned out to be so good!Special Features:
- Most unique combo of flavors....YUMpgreyDined on 7/18/2014The combination of foods, tastes and flavors is amazing what the chefs come up with at Liquid Bread. It never ceases to amaze me what new dishes they come up with such as their halibut cheeks over a bean puree. But several dishes that have survived for awhile I hope stick around for a long spell such as their warm garden salad. Beer and wine list is extensive and so fun to see in such a small space.Special Features:
- New Menu is SuperbScudmanDined on 7/18/2014Came for my third visit (loved the 1st two) and saw the new menu. Looked excellent so we tried 4 different dishes. Kale was ok (is Kale every excellent?) but the special oysters we're hands down the best I've ever had. The odon bowl with fish - out of this world and who would of thunk my burger was better than any other burger with a 20 mile radius. This new menu is really good. Thanks LBG.Special Features:
- Great beer selectiondavidthygodDined on 7/17/2014The food was very overpriced and frou frou. It was busy and quite loud. Good but expensive beer selection. That being said I found one of my new favorite beers here.Special Features:
- Fab!!!Katie421Dined on 7/17/2014Fabulous, as always!!! The food way amazing and the service was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowShankersaurusDined on 7/16/2014Heard great things and finally got to try it out. Did NOT disappoint. The beer list is arguably the best I've seen in the South Bay. And the food was incredible. Melon salad and chicken and waffles still have me drooling. I wish I could remember our servers name because he paced out food perfectly. I don't have a bad thing to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delish.blessxt4Dined on 6/25/2014The beer list is just amazing. So many interesting ones to try! The food is really a cut above. The negative: it has the look and vibe of a brewpub, yet the menu and prices of a specialty restaurant. They would do better offering small plates and more appetizers to go with their beer selection. The burger should be offered as sliders, etc. The steak bites were great, the fingerling potatoes should be on the appetizer menu! They were amazing!! The restaurant has the potential of being a fun go-to place with a touch of class and really flavorful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liquid Gold!!PJBinSJDined on 6/15/2014The Hamburger is the best I have had....superb!! Wine and beer lists are verySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunHfteacherDined on 6/14/2014We had a great time at Liquid Bread - sharing great beers, great food, and great service. Our waitress was very knowledgeable of the beers and was quite energetic (what I liked is she left us alone to visit and enjoy the ambiance and experience)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good mealaqua6VIPDined on 6/12/2014This was my second visit in a week after a first excellent meal on the front patio. I'd hesitated to go before now due to mixed reviews. The food is very tasty and the drinks are good. Service was slow this visit. I think we had to wait 20 minutes for our beers with no explanation. Food came out faster but then later our waiter was not around again so we didn't order anything more. It got pretty loud inside as our meal wound up. I'd go back again.Special Features:
- Craft Brew at its BestciaohoundDined on 6/12/2014The creativity of the food paired with phenomenal craft brews was a delight. We happily drove 7 hrs from Southern Cal. Squid ink pasta was delicious.Special Features:
- Great Campbell Find!kevinsodDined on 6/3/2014The food and the beer list is spectacular! It is a little pricey if you are going to leave full but it is worth the cost as everything I tried was delicious!Special Features:
- Good beer barMarkMDined on 5/29/2014Overall good place to have a few beers and some grub. Service can be a bit slow after happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmmm!!1gfoodDined on 5/22/2014Seasonal, flavorful, local! Some of the dishes have a familiar name yet with a twist! Other dishes will arouse all of your senses!! All of the food is something to write home about!!! Huge beer list, hence the name(Liquid Bread) and great wine too!! Love it here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Quintessential GastropubOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014This was not our first visit to Liquid Bread - we've been fairly regular customers since it first opened. I cannot speak highly enough of this place. From the impeccable rotating beer selection with the best microbrews from around the country and beyond, to the perfectly executed cuisine, Liquid Bread never disappoints. The owners are really nice and very involved and the servers are well-versed in the both food and drink and always incredibly helpful. Their piece de resistance as far as food goes is the mussels dish - this is one of their constants on the menu for good reason! I've never had anything that comes close to this. Pure umami.Special Features:
- ArtsViewDined on 5/15/2014Liquid Bread provides a diverse set of craft beers for the beer aficionado and some very unique entrees that you won't find in many eateries. They have a set of patio tables which provide a really nice setting for hanging out and watching the people go by, and were kind enough to accommodate my dog. I entertained 2 colleagues coming in from both Japan and South Korea and they loved it.Special Features:
- Great food, fun placeCarolCVIPDined on 5/15/2014The service was incredibly good. My 38 Northchicken was PERFECTLY prepared. My husband raved over the corn soup with huge chunks of crab meat & his scallops appetizer. I loved the flavor combination of kale, cherries, onion emulsion, jicama and goat cheese. However, kale stalks are way too chewy, even grilled. I didn't finish the kale because of that. Suggest that the leaves be stripped from the stalk and the dish be made with only the leafy part. But the flavor profile was wonderful. Nearly all of the dishes were made with seeds/nuts, which I can not eat, including berries. That's common today but it makes dining out difficult at fusion restaurants. Still, this was a winner.Special Features:
- The following 118 reviews are from the Liquid Bread Gastropub reviews archive.
- Fun!ChipsterVIPDined on 4/26/2014This place is always fun. Lots of positive energy, though the two top next to us was way loud. Beer, starters and main courses were all great, and served in a professional and very friendly way by Corey. This place does not disappoint. Three visits over the last two months and we keep coming back.Special Features:
- Skip itJustSayNoDined on 4/25/2014There are lots of good places in Campbell. While the food is good, it seems like they have lost something in their kitchen and what was once awesome, was now an overpriced decent Burger and the service is horrid! This was the first time in years that it was a struggle to justify even a 10% tip (I almost left none). I feel bad since my previous experience was so good and I have even referred a number of people there. Oh Well!
- BrunchmadeaterVIPDined on 4/20/2014Ordered the scallops but wasn't told it was an appetizer. Only 2 pieces of scallops for $16!!!Special Features:
- Great beer!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014Quaint neighborhood restaurant with amazing beer selection. Portions are sizable if you're Barbie.Special Features:
- Mild RecommendationAtinmanDined on 4/18/2014Opening caveats, we only tried a few dishes so please take that into account. The rating is also based on the Pub. Wanted to rate this higher going in. Menu reads very well. Wait staff were extremely knowledgeable about the beers they were pouring as well as the menu itself. Friendly, efficient, professional. Kudos on this. Beer selection is very good. Not as big as some Gastro-pubs but bigger doesn't always mean better. A good variety. The option for a mini tasting is available. Food was good but somehow unmemorable. But this could partially be due to the beers we were drinking. More thought on my part would have changed the outcome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/15/2014For a pub, I don't usually have a high expectation for food. This place definitely is an exception to that!! Waitress was very helpful and friendly in recommending beer and food. I've shared photos of this place with a couple of friends. Definitely will be coming back, and sooooooooon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/10/2014I've been to liquid bread several times now, and the experience is consistently excellent. The food is outstanding, and the beer selection is hard to top. The combination of flavors in the pork belly appetizer is incomparable- savory, citrusy and the crunch of the jicama, so good! The service was a bit slow, but not unforgivably so. It tends to be quite noisy, especially with a sports game on the tv. But I cannot recommend liquid bread enough- one of my favorite spots in Campbell!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy beer & foodWineTimesDined on 4/10/2014This place has an eclectic beer selection that my dad really enjoyed exploring on his birthday. Thankfully the server was totally informed on how the beers were made and could keep up in the discussion with my dad. The appetizers are small plates so we tried a few, and shared entres. Appetizers musts: Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, pork belly Entree musts: their spin on chicken & waffle was really really good, and the burger was amazing Skip: mussels entree, and the scallops appetizerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is the best!! ServicemarkgVIPDined on 4/9/2014Food is the best!! Service continues to be just ok...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouthgasm!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/8/2014Only way to describe the perfectly cooked pork belly!!!!Special Features:
- Great Beer and FoodAaronVIPDined on 4/6/2014We wanted to try Liquid Bread for a while now but it has been crowded when we walked by in downtown Campbell. We finally made reservations for this small but always crowded restaurant and we were glad that we did. The list of draft beers was about a page long. We found a beer we liked from past trips to New Orleans. The bar is at the front facing the street with the dining area inside and small area outside. The noise level was moderate. The food was very good. The menu is full of unique combinations of ingredients that really work well together. We tried tasting each other’s dishes and everything was very good. We want to return to try different menu items and different beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer and food!TaichilasDined on 4/5/2014The food was delicious, and the beer menu was fun to explore. We were there for my husband's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mismatch of food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014If I am going to spend a lot of money for food and drink then I think there should at least be some atmosphere to go along with it. Every one in the place wore plaid and jeans, yet the least expensive glass of wine was $15. The food was intricate and good but the atmosphere was lacking.
- Donuts with Purple Yam Purée ....TWeaverVIPDined on 3/28/2014We've been to Liquid Bread a number of times and the go to dishes for us are the Chicken and Waffles and the Rabbit Meatballs with Okra. This time we tried the Braised Goat Pasta and the Donuts with Purple Yam purée. The Braised Goat Pasta was abit on the spicy side so you may was to ask for abit more goat cheese to help cool things off. The Donuts with Purple Yam Purée was outstanding. Still thinking about it. And it goes without saying that one of the main reasons for heading to Liquid Bread are the beers.Special Features:
- The food was very good. GreatDeeDeeDined on 3/28/2014The food was very good. Great mixtures of flavors and textures. However, it was very crowded seating and noisy. The service was just OK. Tab for four with 2 beers and ice tea was $240 with tip.Special Features:
- Amazing Burgers, Chicken & WafflesBurgerDragon3Dined on 3/27/2014Two of us ordered dinner at Liquid Bread and had wonderful cooking that keeps the standards high in the Bay Area. Seascape Cheddar Cheese is mild and flavorful, pate very luxurious and satisfying. Chicken and waffles is a generous-sized serving of a moist, flavorful, tender chicken breast - more than the average person can eat in one sitting. The burger is still the star of the menu for me, served with tender fingerling potatos. The burger has wonderful layers of flavor and is shamelessly juicy and moist - so indulgent. The bechamel sauce, cheese, fresh bun all pull it together to make for an outstanding example of the American classic.Special Features:
- Great placeArgusVIPDined on 3/23/2014If you're looking for great food and beer, go here! We love it! The hamburger is to die for! But really all the food is sensational!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it when I find new dining gemsT2BayAreaDined on 3/21/2014My dining companion and I shared the scallops, pork belly and the bavette steak. Each of the entrees were excellent choices, well prepared and very tasty. I'm looking forward to visiting again to try more dishes. Our waitress was very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu offerings, she checked back with us often and even engaged in light conversation. I did not have any of their beers but they appear to have a decent selection. I instead had their raspberry cider which I liked very much. Liquid Bread Gastropub is an ideal location if your looking for a casual place where you can have great food and hold dinner conversation without having to compete with a boistrous social scene or music.Special Features:
- Always great!ChipsterVIPDined on 3/8/2014The mushroom appetizer, and the hamburger and chicken/waffles for main course were each perfect. And the beer's recommended by Colleen were perfect. Worth the visit, for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.