Liquid Art House
100 Arlington Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Liquid Art House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.liquidarthouse.com/
- Phone: 6174578130x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm. Our bar is open until 12:00am.
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 5:00pm to 11:00pm. Our Bar is open until 1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Rachel Klein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Kathleen McGhee (firstname.lastname@example.org) 617-457-8131x
- Cross Street: Arlington Street and Stuart Street
- Public Transit: We are 2 blocks south from the Arlington "T" station on the Green Line.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available on our Stuart Street side at 250 Stuart Street. We also validate ($10) parking at the Revere Hotel Parking Garage during the evening and on weekends, which is located at 200 Stuart Street.
A word from Liquid Art House
Liquid Art House (“L.A.H.”) is Boston's first gallery-restaurant hybrid coming to the landmark building The Arlington, in the Back Bay. An innovative concept of art, space and design through the prism of social dining, L.A.H. is trailblazing an “art hospitality” experience to cater to Boston’s culinary, culture and social scene.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Liquid Art House - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Liquid Art House reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)vibrant bar scene (74)hot spot (72)special occasion (70)good for groups (45)romantic (29)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (24)late-night find (11)scenic view (6)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- UnbelievableDebbyVIPDined on 9/20/2014It was a real treat as this is a very special restaurant The food was amazing and the ambiance was beautiful I hope to have chence To go backSpecial Features:
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Heard great new place to eat in Boston. Relatively disappointed. Wines overpriced by 200%. Food was tasty, but way overpriced and portions too small. Not a very romantic atmosphere. Would not go back or recommend unless have extra money to burn and not that hungry. The bar seemed to be happening, and may be worth going for a drink and looking at some interesting art on the wall, but otherwise I would skip this restaurant.Special Features:
- Swanky Saturday night MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014LAH is a trendy and classy place. I made a reservation after purchasing the Gilt City deal for 2 orders of dumplings and 2 cocktails. The mushroom dumplings were to die for, however, the cheese dumplings were not as impressive. We ordered the scallops to finish off our meal and they were delicious. I am not sure I will go back mainly because I can get similar food for a cheaper price at a lot of restaurants in Boston. All in all, I am glad I went for the experience.Special Features:
- Slow Food Service and Not so GreatconnoisseurSOBEVIPDined on 9/18/2014The ambiance and decor is nice. Music is good Food is D. Very Slow in the kitchen, you will wait 45-60 for your main courses. Only good for drinks and then go eat across the street..
- Very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/18/2014The food was delicious when you eventually got it but the service was incredibly slow!Special Features:
- Excellent food, inattentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/18/2014The food was outstanding: we thoroughly enjoyed the dumplings, lamb, skirt steak, salmon and a delightful cauliflower side dish. The wine by-the-glass and cocktails were excellent, too. However, the service was pretty lame. The kitchen was backed and we weren’t served our entrees until we had been there for almost two hours. Our waitress was very pleasant, but she didn’t check back very often to let us know that the food was delayed, and she rarely checked around the dining room at all so we had to keep trying to get her attention to order drinks while we waited for dinner. The food was just perfect so I will give this a try again.Special Features:
- Pretentious and overpricedgenemiaeDined on 9/12/2014If you are a 20 something this restaurant has a great and noisy bar scene. I'm not in that catagory. The dining area has a bit of a cafeteria feel. Very expensive food and wine menu. My wife and I shared the cherry and fois gras dumplings. It should have been on the desert menu. Way too sweet for a starter. I had an average 12 oz steak, which was served rare when asked for med rare. Everything is a la carte so I ordered a side of potatoes. $8 for 9 bite sized potato balls. My wife had halibut which was good but was a bit dry. Skipped desert. With tip, $217. That included 3 glasses of the less expensive wine. We felt violated. If it was a great experience, no problem. It wasn't. Not going back.Special Features:
- Beautiful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant was beautiful and bar was very cool. Service was lacking at first but got better. Food was also very good! Double check your bill if you have a gilt city deal, they didn't deduct enough from ours we had them adjust it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the Boston scene!rupkgDined on 9/6/2014Sophisticated, elegant, chic, great food and service. You could be in nyc or London such is the international appeal of LAH. The best part of the restaurant is not the amazing art work or drinks but the desserts! What a coup to snag Espalier's pastry chef! Creativity unleashed in the young coconut based dessert. Worth a visit if not more and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedOpenDined on 9/5/2014The bar area is nice, but that's about it for the whole place. It smelled like bleach the moment we walked in. The path to the restrooms stinks big time. We sat in the main dining room and it was absolutely nothing. It's like sitting in a parking garage with paintings. Yeah the staff try to make the food service like a grand opening, but the atmosphere is just zero. We enjoyed the main courses, but the appetizers were a waste of money. I would say the bar area is nice for drinks, but anything more than that, it's not worth it. Plenty of other restaurants in boston and this one needs to have a better atmosphere to keep up in the long term.Special Features:
- Modern art and gastronomy in BostonEchenikeVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great food that looks great, unique ambience and service that is professional and friendly. THE hot spot in Boston. The place is also a gallery with great contemporary art from all over the world with a sophisticated resident curator from Albania. The bar is a great place to explore new drinks, from mezcal to cynar cocktails. One of my new favorite spots. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I had dinner at LAH. Stylish space, especially the bar area. Not as much of an "art gallery" feel as we expected, but still interesting. Service was very good. Professional and attentive. Decent wine list. Food was mixed. My wife had a coconut soup that was amazing. She also enjoyed an asparagus dish. Dumplings (a signature item) were unimpressive. Steak was good but not great. Maybe a better spot for drinks but we'd considering going back for dinner and try some different items.Special Features:
- Great waiter attireMrRochesterVIPDined on 9/3/2014The drinks were very good and the food options outstanding. The dumplings were terrific as was everything else. Can 't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best serviceRhinoRayDined on 8/31/2014The service was amazing. I really appreciated their attention to detail. Everything from the explanation of the courses, to having multiple waiters bring the food so that everyone could begin eating at once, this was truly a wonderful experience! They even catered to our dietary needs without even batting an eyelash. This is place was pricey, but between the experience of food and experience of hospitality, it was worth every penny!Special Features:
- Very unique conceptJbradDined on 8/31/2014Everything in this Resteraunt is fir sale! How cool is that? It's a exquisite space. Fabulous pieces of art to enjoy and purchase. The pieces they serve the delicious food in are also for sale. It's an absolute treat. The food is great. The scene is definitely contemporary and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent on all frontsArgenacavalDined on 8/29/2014Very refined, chic, and mindful of every detail. Food is beautifully presented, menu offers delicious choices with unusual tastes and combinations - interesting and stimulating to experienced diners. End result: fresh, perfectly cooked, and delightful combinations of flavors. Same is true for desert menu - such a pleasure to have a fine selection. Visually and aurally the experience is very nice - music, decor, art selections, clientele - sophisticated and pleasurable. Service is very good - attentive, professional and pleasant. Tables are spaced to allow for private conversation - good for business diners. Somewhat reminiscent of Izote, a favorite, formerly in Mexico City. I live in the immediate Boston area and dine out in Boston often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommend with reservationsnancyVIPDined on 8/29/2014We got off on the wrong foot. I thought I made "Restaurant Week", now "Dine Out Boston" reservations and was looking forward to a great meal at a reduced price. It was may mistake, as they were not participating. My waiter made my mistake abundantly clear by declaring, "Oh no! WE would never do THAT!" Pretty affected if you ask me! His attitude really annoyed my husband as did the high prices. I had to do some major damage control to get him to stay. The food was artfully presented and delicious. Still, I would probably not go back because of the pricing. There are other restaurants in that same price point that I would rather go to. My advice to this new establishment, You've got the food down, now work on the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Liquid Art House is a really unique fine dining experience. The food is artfully presented but still delivers on flavor. We really enjoyed our experience here and would come back again if we were in Boston.Special Features:
- Unique spotBeantownFoodieDined on 8/19/2014LAH is a real unique place with art everywhere (even in the bathrooms) and a beautiful, giant chandelier in the center of it all. The food was really good for the most part, but my wife thought the scallops entree could have used more seasoning in the cauliflower purée and on the scallops. The cherry, foi gras dumplings were outstanding and my lamb loin entree was great. The tuna tartare was good, but nothing that memorable. Overall, the food was on par with some of the nicer restaurants in the area like Troquet, Deuxave and Mistral, but maybe not at same level as L'espalier or Menton. It's a nice addition to the neighborhood and with the art and artistic presentation of the meals, could stay for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gallery and RestaurantCarlosCalderonDined on 8/17/2014Delicious food, innovative menu, fun staff and great art to see while sipping mezcal cocktails. The price matches the setting but definnitely worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jewel near Park SquareBirnyDined on 8/16/2014Right on corner of Arlington & Stuart streets, the Liquid Art House offers an outstanding dining opportunity. The views inside of original works of art are magnificent, and if near a window your views of the old and new Hancock towers are marvelous. The Artwork is all on sale, and change seasonally. The menu is wonderful, the food creative and absolutely delicious. The wine list is excellent although doesn't offer many American wines. The service wasn't up to the quality of the food - but acceptable although a bit slow when we ordered drinks. All in all -a dining opportunity that's unique and not to be missed.Special Features:
- Beautiful Atmosphere, Great FoodPuffinDined on 8/14/2014I came here for the first time w/ my best friend visiting from DC, celebrating my graduation from WIT. We arrived on a Thurs night and it was a relaxed and chic night. We opted to sit in the lounge area & enjoyed every aspect of the artwork & interesting sculptures surrounding us. The server we had was amazing, sweet, & knowledgable. However towards the end of the night, she had to leave for the day & another server had to take over. We were not thrilled w/ the 2nd server because she never came by to see how we were, & it took us 25 mins for her to come back for our dessert orders. Not only did she take long, but she did not seem inviting or happy to take care of us. Aside from that, the food & drinks were delicious to come back for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best New Restaurants!ReedVIPDined on 8/9/2014One of the best new restaurants in Boston. Creative delicious food, hip decor, classy wait staff, good location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food & drinkLizCDined on 8/6/2014The bartender made us custom drinks off the menu, and we ate the cheese dumplings and the Hungarian ham. Very cool decor and artwork placed in spacious and bright bar area. Would go back, and eat everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good mealstevegVIPDined on 8/5/2014This was our 3rd visit to LAH and the food continues to be very tasty and creative. However on this occasion, we were somewhat disappointed with the service. The waiter was inattentive and almost indifferent. Did take away from there evening's enjoyment.Special Features:
- Great food, Great servicegeraldroyrondoeVIPDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere at L.A.H. The food was excellent. Presentation and most importantly the taste and quality of the ingredients were top notch. The prices are on the high side but we will definitely go back again soon. We also liked the art gallery/restaurant concept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite New RestaurantFrenchFanDined on 8/2/2014The food was delicious and the decor is great. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concept but pricey!KimbaVIPDined on 7/31/2014Cocktails and food were fine but very pricey. Dumplings were good but not warm enough. The duck confit was good and the chicken moist but it was $25.00 just for the chicken. Service was attentive but waiting for the food took awhile. Desert was like a piece of art but had way too much going on btw chocolate crumbs, berries, merignue, anglais, ice cream, etc.... The space is large and filled with a roating exhbit of very expensive art! The concept is very cool and trendy but leaves one unsatisfied for some reason and it isn't even about the money.Special Features:
- A gemShb4VIPDined on 7/26/2014Menu is short, but good things come in small packages. Tuna tartar, wild mushroom dumplings & wild bass made for a well rounded and impeccable dining experience. They sent over bubbles since it was our anniversary and the wait staff was very attentive throughout the meal. Only criticism is the lighting was a little bright for a later evening dinner, but other than that, made for a memorable experience. Artwork a fun bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy, but tastykcmickeyVIPDined on 7/25/2014First upon arrival, I was not impressed with their valet service. The guy didn't show up for more than 15 mins while I waited outside in my car. I decided to valet across the street. I mentioned to the hostess and she was nice enough to pay for my valet and offered me and my friend a glass of champagne for the frustration. Thank you for that. The food was tasty. Interesting mix of ingredients and nice presentation. I'm a foodie so I like to try different pairings of ingredients. Dishes are pricy for the amount you get, but worth while to try. The ambience is cool with artistic decor and filled with professionals. Only thing is that the noise level is really loud where you may have to speak a bit louder than normal to be heard.Special Features:
- Worth pre booking for Suckling PigOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/24/2014Special bday celebration. Food was great service attentive. Overall a fantastic evening. We pre ordered the pig. Worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedmikenjeneatDined on 7/19/2014good concept and I was looking forward to the experience, but it did not live up to expectation. was stuffy for a place claiming an artsy vibe. the food overall wasn't bad...but it wasn't great. The lamb was good but the muscle still attached on my scallops? not good. and the carrot app sounded so interesting, and looked great, however, I like to eat for the taste, and that... was only mediocre.
- Food is a work of artBostondinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014Love the environment of original art hanging on the walls, built into the bathroom stalls and even on the table. Pink toned flatware was very cool. Everyone loved the dumplings. They helpfully split the enormous, delicious rib-eye dividing so each person could have the meat as done or not as she wanted. The coconut soup was a great mix of refreshing flavors. Garnishes and sides of scallops and duck tasted even better than they looked. Extensive wine list. Expectations about the food were quite low given how much attention was paid to appearance, but everyone was impressed. The bar area is extremely loud, but the dining areas have nice sound absorption so you can actually have a conversation.Special Features:
- simply spectacular.jy45Dined on 7/17/2014this review is late. i had dinner at LAH in july for mine and my friend's birthday. i went into it not knowing what to expect which was a gamble that paid off. whether you are a fan of classical food or new and exciting, there should be something for everyone on LAH's menu, you just have to find it. fortunately i had the luxury of trying many dishes this evening and figuring out which was which, though i like most everything so this was a treat and a half. from a dish that celebrated the carrot prepared different ways to a perfectly executed lamb entree to an amazing crispy duck confit that made my friend exclaim, "oh my god, did that just happen?" after she had taken her first bite, this was one of the best dinners i have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great conceptjakeRIVIPDined on 7/16/2014.. and so not something I've seen in Boston before. It's a big, vibrant space populated with well-dressed, attractive thirty- and fortysomethings, contemporary art and chic furniture - a space that you'd be ore apt to find in LA or even Toronto. And then there's the food - which ranged from damn good (the hamachi and the tuna tartar) to flat out spectacular (the lamb, NY strip and the mushroom side dish) The bartenders could have been a little more attentive, but the vibe was cool and what seemed like an endless stream of managers were watching everything. Highly recommended for a night out.Special Features:
- rbostonDined on 7/15/2014I have been for dinner twice. Staff very friendly but not well trained. Hostess claimed we were next for the bar and twice we lost the seats. She was supposed to let the bar know. We were not in a hurry but food service was slow at both dinners. Food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art delishINPRbostonDined on 7/15/2014An art gallery/bar/restaurant you cant miss. Pricey but worth it. Incredible food & serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyGuysmileyDined on 7/13/2014On a slow Sunday evening with too much staff, but not enough follow through, I was disappointed. Our waiter was nice, but took forever for drinks. Over the 2 hour dinner we were only able to get 2 drinks each, one of which, I purchased from the bar upon my arrival. Food was ok for the cost, but I expected much more.
- Perfection with a PlusNYStyleDined on 7/12/2014Our perpetual search for creative ambiance and interesting menus led us to this gem during our recent visit to Boston. The menu was interesting and service was impeccable. Our entrees and cocktails did not disappoint, and the added touch of interesting artwork led to an experience beyond our expectations. We look forward to our next visit to Boston to pay another visit to our new favorite Boston restaurant.Special Features:
- Fun & very interesting decor!AudsfVIPDined on 7/12/2014Very good and beautifully presented food. The art was fabulous, bonus meeting the curator and having her show us the artSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.