Liquid Art House
100 Arlington Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Liquid Art House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.liquidarthouse.com/
- Phone: 6174578130x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm. Our bar is open until 12:00am.
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 5:00pm to 11:00pm. Our Bar is open until 1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Rachel Klein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Kathleen McGhee (email@example.com) 617-457-8131x
- Cross Street: Arlington Street and Stuart Street
- Public Transit: We are 2 blocks south from the Arlington "T" station on the Green Line.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available on our Stuart Street side at 250 Stuart Street. We also validate ($10) parking at the Revere Hotel Parking Garage during the evening and on weekends, which is located at 200 Stuart Street.
A word from Liquid Art House
Liquid Art House (“L.A.H.”) is Boston's first gallery-restaurant hybrid coming to the landmark building The Arlington, in the Back Bay. An innovative concept of art, space and design through the prism of social dining, L.A.H. is trailblazing an “art hospitality” experience to cater to Boston’s culinary, culture and social scene.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Liquid Art House - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Liquid Art House reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (78)special occasion (68)vibrant bar scene (66)hot spot (62)good for groups (44)romantic (32)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (25)late-night find (13)scenic view (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Excellent on all frontsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Very refined, chic, and mindful of every detail. Food is beautifully presented, menu offers delicious choices with unusual tastes and combinations - interesting and stimulating to experienced diners. End result: fresh, perfectly cooked, and delightful combinations of flavors. Same is true for desert menu - such a pleasure to have a fine selection. Visually and aurally the experience is very nice - music, decor, art selections, clientele - sophisticated and pleasurable. Service is very good - attentive, professional and pleasant. Tables are spaced to allow for private conversation - good for business diners. Somewhat reminiscent of Izote, a favorite, formerly in Mexico City. I live in the immediate Boston area and dine out in Boston often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Liquid Art House is a really unique fine dining experience. The food is artfully presented but still delivers on flavor. We really enjoyed our experience here and would come back again if we were in Boston.Special Features:
- Unique spotBeantownFoodieDined on 8/19/2014LAH is a real unique place with art everywhere (even in the bathrooms) and a beautiful, giant chandelier in the center of it all. The food was really good for the most part, but my wife thought the scallops entree could have used more seasoning in the cauliflower purée and on the scallops. The cherry, foi gras dumplings were outstanding and my lamb loin entree was great. The tuna tartare was good, but nothing that memorable. Overall, the food was on par with some of the nicer restaurants in the area like Troquet, Deuxave and Mistral, but maybe not at same level as L'espalier or Menton. It's a nice addition to the neighborhood and with the art and artistic presentation of the meals, could stay for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gallery and RestaurantCarlosCalderonDined on 8/17/2014Delicious food, innovative menu, fun staff and great art to see while sipping mezcal cocktails. The price matches the setting but definnitely worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jewel near Park SquareBirnyDined on 8/16/2014Right on corner of Arlington & Stuart streets, the Liquid Art House offers an outstanding dining opportunity. The views inside of original works of art are magnificent, and if near a window your views of the old and new Hancock towers are marvelous. The Artwork is all on sale, and change seasonally. The menu is wonderful, the food creative and absolutely delicious. The wine list is excellent although doesn't offer many American wines. The service wasn't up to the quality of the food - but acceptable although a bit slow when we ordered drinks. All in all -a dining opportunity that's unique and not to be missed.Special Features:
- One of the Best New Restaurants!ReedVIPDined on 8/9/2014One of the best new restaurants in Boston. Creative delicious food, hip decor, classy wait staff, good location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food & drinkLizCDined on 8/6/2014The bartender made us custom drinks off the menu, and we ate the cheese dumplings and the Hungarian ham. Very cool decor and artwork placed in spacious and bright bar area. Would go back, and eat everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good mealstevegVIPDined on 8/5/2014This was our 3rd visit to LAH and the food continues to be very tasty and creative. However on this occasion, we were somewhat disappointed with the service. The waiter was inattentive and almost indifferent. Did take away from there evening's enjoyment.Special Features:
- Great food, Great servicegeraldroyrondoeVIPDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere at L.A.H. The food was excellent. Presentation and most importantly the taste and quality of the ingredients were top notch. The prices are on the high side but we will definitely go back again soon. We also liked the art gallery/restaurant concept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite New RestaurantFrenchFanDined on 8/2/2014The food was delicious and the decor is great. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concept but pricey!KimbaVIPDined on 7/31/2014Cocktails and food were fine but very pricey. Dumplings were good but not warm enough. The duck confit was good and the chicken moist but it was $25.00 just for the chicken. Service was attentive but waiting for the food took awhile. Desert was like a piece of art but had way too much going on btw chocolate crumbs, berries, merignue, anglais, ice cream, etc.... The space is large and filled with a roating exhbit of very expensive art! The concept is very cool and trendy but leaves one unsatisfied for some reason and it isn't even about the money.Special Features:
- A gemShb4VIPDined on 7/26/2014Menu is short, but good things come in small packages. Tuna tartar, wild mushroom dumplings & wild bass made for a well rounded and impeccable dining experience. They sent over bubbles since it was our anniversary and the wait staff was very attentive throughout the meal. Only criticism is the lighting was a little bright for a later evening dinner, but other than that, made for a memorable experience. Artwork a fun bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy, but tastykcmickeyVIPDined on 7/25/2014First upon arrival, I was not impressed with their valet service. The guy didn't show up for more than 15 mins while I waited outside in my car. I decided to valet across the street. I mentioned to the hostess and she was nice enough to pay for my valet and offered me and my friend a glass of champagne for the frustration. Thank you for that. The food was tasty. Interesting mix of ingredients and nice presentation. I'm a foodie so I like to try different pairings of ingredients. Dishes are pricy for the amount you get, but worth while to try. The ambience is cool with artistic decor and filled with professionals. Only thing is that the noise level is really loud where you may have to speak a bit louder than normal to be heard.Special Features:
- Worth pre booking for Suckling PigOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/24/2014Special bday celebration. Food was great service attentive. Overall a fantastic evening. We pre ordered the pig. Worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedmikenjeneatDined on 7/19/2014good concept and I was looking forward to the experience, but it did not live up to expectation. was stuffy for a place claiming an artsy vibe. the food overall wasn't bad...but it wasn't great. The lamb was good but the muscle still attached on my scallops? not good. and the carrot app sounded so interesting, and looked great, however, I like to eat for the taste, and that... was only mediocre.
- Food is a work of artBostondinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014Love the environment of original art hanging on the walls, built into the bathroom stalls and even on the table. Pink toned flatware was very cool. Everyone loved the dumplings. They helpfully split the enormous, delicious rib-eye dividing so each person could have the meat as done or not as she wanted. The coconut soup was a great mix of refreshing flavors. Garnishes and sides of scallops and duck tasted even better than they looked. Extensive wine list. Expectations about the food were quite low given how much attention was paid to appearance, but everyone was impressed. The bar area is extremely loud, but the dining areas have nice sound absorption so you can actually have a conversation.Special Features:
- simply spectacular.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2014this review is late. i had dinner at LAH in july for mine and my friend's birthday. i went into it not knowing what to expect which was a gamble that paid off. whether you are a fan of classical food or new and exciting, there should be something for everyone on LAH's menu, you just have to find it. fortunately i had the luxury of trying many dishes this evening and figuring out which was which, though i like most everything so this was a treat and a half. from a dish that celebrated the carrot prepared different ways to a perfectly executed lamb entree to an amazing crispy duck confit that made my friend exclaim, "oh my god, did that just happen?" after she had taken her first bite, this was one of the best dinners i have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great conceptjakeRIVIPDined on 7/16/2014.. and so not something I've seen in Boston before. It's a big, vibrant space populated with well-dressed, attractive thirty- and fortysomethings, contemporary art and chic furniture - a space that you'd be ore apt to find in LA or even Toronto. And then there's the food - which ranged from damn good (the hamachi and the tuna tartar) to flat out spectacular (the lamb, NY strip and the mushroom side dish) The bartenders could have been a little more attentive, but the vibe was cool and what seemed like an endless stream of managers were watching everything. Highly recommended for a night out.Special Features:
- rbostonDined on 7/15/2014I have been for dinner twice. Staff very friendly but not well trained. Hostess claimed we were next for the bar and twice we lost the seats. She was supposed to let the bar know. We were not in a hurry but food service was slow at both dinners. Food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art delishINPRbostonDined on 7/15/2014An art gallery/bar/restaurant you cant miss. Pricey but worth it. Incredible food & serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyGuysmileyDined on 7/13/2014On a slow Sunday evening with too much staff, but not enough follow through, I was disappointed. Our waiter was nice, but took forever for drinks. Over the 2 hour dinner we were only able to get 2 drinks each, one of which, I purchased from the bar upon my arrival. Food was ok for the cost, but I expected much more.
- Perfection with a PlusNYStyleDined on 7/12/2014Our perpetual search for creative ambiance and interesting menus led us to this gem during our recent visit to Boston. The menu was interesting and service was impeccable. Our entrees and cocktails did not disappoint, and the added touch of interesting artwork led to an experience beyond our expectations. We look forward to our next visit to Boston to pay another visit to our new favorite Boston restaurant.Special Features:
- Fun & very interesting decor!AudsfVIPDined on 7/12/2014Very good and beautifully presented food. The art was fabulous, bonus meeting the curator and having her show us the artSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First VisitKJS82VIPDined on 7/11/2014Creative, delicious food and drinks with friendly and knowledgeable servers surrounded by local art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous drinksLuvtodineDined on 7/10/2014The service and the ambiance was great. The food was ok for me but the rest of the party seemed to have enjoyed their food. I will go back for the drinks and the art work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new absolute fav place!SwedishGuestsVIPDined on 7/1/2014As I live in Bay Village this is an absolute magnificent new treat to have LAH just around the corner. The combination of art gallery and restaurant is wonderful. The art rotates every three weeks or so and it is fantastic pieces they display. The food is divine and the wine list is superb. The kitchen is a fusion of many styles and they use the best ingredients. Their dumplings are heavenly and scallops and lamb entrees melts away in an explosion of fabulous compositions. Got to try their dessert too! They are all just so amazing. The music is put together by Lucas Winthrop and it is so perfect for the setting with its lounge beat. I have already been a number of times and this is my new fav restaurant in Boston.Special Features:
- New and going to be great!Gymgal2156VIPDined on 6/18/2014Service was a bit slow on the food and in time I am sure it will improve. They did comp is a glass of wine each to make up for the wait on the food Atmosphere and Location a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cool spot with excellent foodECHWMVIPDined on 6/15/2014I was a little hesitant to try this restaurant because of some of the other comments but I have to say my meal was fabulous. Beautiful presentation and so delicious and the art work around the room with the guide they provide make for interesting dinner conversation. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmandaDined on 6/13/2014Service was great - our server was energetic, friendly, and attentive. Food was delicious and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just plain coolOMalleyDined on 6/11/2014Great scene. Have been waiting for something like this in boston for a long time. I believe they have mixologists. The drinks were my favorite attraction. Had to try too many of them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting concept, Average foodRecentDinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014We recently visited Liquid Art House and we were very excited about the concept. The space and art are beautiful but the food definitely left something to be desired. The food was decent, but not worth the price. I am willing to spend a lot for a unique or really good meal, this just missed the mark.
- Liquid Art House ROCKS!!!FrannymoDined on 6/7/2014If we could give more than 5 stars to LAH in every category, we would!! The concept is totally brilliant. Owner Ruta Laukien spared no expense creating this art gallery/bar/restaurant. The team is superb - from the BOH to the FOH - SUPER stars, each one, Service is superb, bar design is spectacular as are the servers, the wine list, the drink list - space is enormous but the art and the seating are so ARTfully (!!) placed that you feel you're in a much smaller, intimate venue. We have always dined there on Saturdays. We like to make reservations between 6:30 & 7 so we can watch the place fill and feel the energy grow. Can't say enough about the head chef, Rachael Klein, the VERY distinctive menu: delicious & gorgeous presentation. WOWSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concepttallredVIPDined on 6/6/2014Definitely a "wow" when you enter the dramatic, high ceilinged bar area with Chihuly-inspired chandelier. I will order the knock out fabulous cheese dumplings every time we return (and we will!). The menu has interesting flavor combinations, and the food is as one would expect, presented very artfully. The lamb was perfectly prepared and sauced. The only down was our pretentious and ill-informed waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't disappoint!Andy123VIPDined on 5/31/2014We were eager to give it a try and it didn't disappoint. The decor is fabulous, love the art! The art glass chandelier at the entrance is impressive. We both commented on the sense of space and layout. The menu is inventive, and the rotisserie chicken was just out of this world. The food presentation was beautiful and that followed through to taste. The only possible complaint is that the mixed drinks are quite small for the price. It's not inexpensive but well worth the occasional splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot not discovered yetJojogo1VIPDined on 5/31/2014Beautiful space with art that is for sale on all the walls. Lots of glass, huge purple murano glass chandelier , big, open bar area. Drinks are good, but pricey. They need a bigger fun drink menu. The food is very good and inventive. They come by with different kinds of home made bread that you can choose from.They were all delicious.The gouda cheese dumplings appetizer was excellent. I had the duck, which was prepared a little differently. It was very tender, almost like a brisket consistency. Really flavorful . I enjoyed it. We shared a dessert ( I don't remember the name) that was chocolate with carmel and some ice cream. Again, artfully plated and delicious. Expensive. Not as busy as I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant and ExpensiveFlizanderVIPDined on 5/30/2014Vibrant bar scene, cool, trendy atmosphere. The tuna tartare was delicious. We tried the scallops and cheese dumplings (dumplings had a lot of dill) entrees which were fine/good. We thought the menu was limited and prices were high. We would go back to sit at the bar for cocktails and appetizers.Special Features:
- very impressedstevegVIPDined on 5/30/2014Our first visit to this restaurant. Food, service, presentation all were excellent and great job in design of space. Yes, its pricey and probably more of a "special occasion ' place but well worth it. We will returnSpecial Features:
- Who knew?JPNJRDined on 5/27/2014I was researching Boston's newest restaurants and came upon Liquid Art House. What an amazing find! Beautiful space, wonderful food artfully presented and the "Modern" deserts are not to be missed. This is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSammyVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is a very cool place like nothing else in the Boston area. The art work is unique. The food was delicious. The spring salad, cheese dumplings, scallops, and chicken was all very tasty. The thai dessert was like nothing else you've ever had. The service was excellent and highly recommend this new restaurant.Special Features:
- Great New ConceptscottzVIPDined on 5/24/2014Big open space, but not too noisy. Can easily accommodate large groups. Great bar cocktails. Bar menu coming soon. Can't wait. Love the art work that will keep changing. The service was very attentive and the food was wonderful. Creative, fun and well prepared. Lots of seafood which is very fresh and a hard find. Highly recommend and can't wait to go back.Special Features: