25 Crossroads Drive
Owings Mills, MD 21117Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.linwoods.com/
- Phone: 410-356-3030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Devine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Besides delicious cuisine, style and service, Linwoods Catering can offer its clients expertise and experience. This comes from almost twenty years of catering events from small celebrations at home to galas for thousands. Linwoods has catered weddings, mitzvahs, corporate events, charity balls, and openings. Our goal is to make our clients happy and relaxed, to provide special menus tailored to your style within your price range. We can also connect you to other reliable vendors, who will help make your event spectacular.
- Private Party Facilities: Linwoods' delicious cuisine, style and service can also be experienced during catered events held at our facility. There are two private rooms, one that seats up to 30 people, and "The Room", which seats up to 120. "The Room" also has the capacity to hold about 150 for cocktails and buffet. There is an outdoor area that can be tented. These areas can accommodate entertainment and a dance floor. These spaces are lovely for weddings, parties, corporate events and meetings, as well as social gatherings.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Maw 4103563030
A word from Linwoods
Linwoods continues to be one of Baltimore's top restaurants striving to bring its customers fresh and creative cuisine and fine service in a warm, contemporary atmosphere. Linwood and Ellen Dame established this restaurant more than twenty years ago, and are involved in every detail of its daily operation. Linwoods is consistently recognized by Baltimore Magazine and the Zagat Guide as one of the city's best restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Linwoods - Best Restaurants in Owings Mills ›
Linwoods reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (168)fit for foodies (132)neighborhood gem (96)romantic (93)great for lunch (77)great for outdoor dining (57)good for groups (56)notable wine list (46)great for brunch (23)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- UnsatisfiedVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great restaurant with varied and interesting menu. Items we ordered, four people, were well prepared, plentiful, and enjoyable. The service, while very friendly, was not as attentivie as I would have liked. For example, we had to pour our own wine after the initial pour. No request for a second round of bread offering. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Linwoods: always a winnerlikes2eatoutVIPDined on 9/26/2014Linwood's consistently offers a fine dining experience in an attractive setting with consistently good food!Special Features:
- Not what it used to be....KED83VIPDined on 9/25/2014I just to love Linwoods a few years ago. I hadn't been in about 2 years because I moved to another state. On a recent trip to the area I wanted to get lunch at Linwoods. I always loved their fish and chips. This dish is no longer on the menu. I ordered a salad and appetizer (calamari) and it was good but not really what I remember Linwoods to be. I had a lunch reservation at 1:30 but I was seated in the side room, farthest from the server's sight. Getting water refilled was rare. many times I sat with an emtpy glass. The place was about half full when I arrived so not sure what the issue was. I don't live close but I wouldn't go back when I am in the area.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014I enjoyed everything about this restaurant. The open kitchen was a very nice touch. The service was excellent, everyone was very accommodating. Great selection on wine, scotch and bourbon. Will definitely return and recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant afternoontogetherfor62Dined on 9/23/2014My wife and I have been there before for dinners and enjoyed it very much. We decided to lunch there and it was also very good. The waiter we had (Scott) was excellent, he saw to our every need.Special Features:
- Great first experiencebaltimoreraiderDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I came to Linwood's for our 10th anniversary and we had a great 1st experience. The service by Keri was awesome...right down to the dessert she bought us, with candles in them for our special occasion. I requested a romantic table and got a corner booth that put my wife and I within hand holding distance. Linwood came and spoke to is at our table....made us really feel welcome. The room was loud at times but the "people watching" and the open kitchen were great for conversation and entertainment for us . Above all of this...the meal was one of the best I've had in e Baltimore area....Steak au Poivre for me and the MD Crabcake for my wife were both outstanding and the Chocolate Bread a Pudding w Coffee Ice Creme was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentAileenVIPDined on 9/18/2014Linwoods is always consistent. They hire the best servers and train them well. The food speaks for itself!!Special Features:
- Great food, great service!pattigirl101Dined on 9/18/2014I took myself out to dinner for suppor Dining Out For Life. It was easy to reserve a table for one and when I arrived 1/2 hour early, the kind reception staff was happy to seat me. My table was in Keri's section and she took excellent care of me. This elegant restaurant is welcoming even to the single diner. The food was, as I expected, excellent and the wine really yummy. I chose the prix fixe menu for the terrific value but there were so many things on the main menu that I really had a hard time making that decision. I think that will necessitate a return visit very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I went to dinner with a friend of mine, and we both agreed it was one of the best dining experiences we've ever had. The staff were all extremely helpful and genuinely sought to tend to your every need. The ambiance was lovely, and made for wonderful conversation. The food itself, including the drinks and dessert, were phenomenal. Overall, an incredible experience that I will recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Great local restaurantCindyDined on 9/17/2014Linwood's is one of my all time favorite places for fine dinning. My husband and I went there for our anniversary and we were very pleased with the food and service. I had the shrimp and grits which was excellent. My husband had steak that was cooked to perfection. We had a great bottle of Melbec and enjoyed an old fashioned ice cream sundae for dessert. We really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Great spot for speciial occasionshomecookDined on 9/16/2014This was our 4th visit to Linwoods. We have enjoyed our experience everytime. we have had a few dishes that were not our style but they were still special. It is usually difficult for me to find a dish i like because i am allergic to shell fish and many other foods, but whatever I find at Linwoods is great. My husband and daughter love the food. I do love the rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liver and onionsKathyVIPDined on 9/16/2014The liver and onions are the best we have ever tasted. The price is fairly costly though at $28 a serving so we will likely only come on occasion.Special Features:
- Quiet lunchtime celebrationdrj1VIPDined on 9/16/2014I took a friend to lunch for her birthday. She was wowed! The crab cake was its usual excellent self. My friend had the BBQ ribs and was truly knocked out by them. They are a wonderful take on Pacific Asian flavors and I would strongly recommend them to anyone who even remotely likes ribs. These are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Satisfied.BillVIPDined on 9/15/2014Linwoods always delivers. From the drinks and appetizers to the coffee and desert, they never fail to deliver at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- After all these years...JuliaDined on 9/14/2014It's hard to say nicer things about this place. Our expectations are usually exceeded which is quite something after five+ years. A couple quibbles. The rolls they serve for bread service tasted frozen bought and reheated in a microwave; butter was faultless. The shrimp scampi flatbread was the one flat note (nice crust, but didn't care for the cheese blend). Everything else (beef tenderloin, scallops, shrimp and grits) were delicious and scrumptious. Foodies, be warned: this is not a hipster place. Not a lot of interest here for pre-Prohibition cocktails or even craft whiskeys. A modern bar scene would really freshen their profile. Service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Just okayHenryd70Dined on 9/7/2014The food was average, the drinks were average, but the service was excellent.Special Features:
- pleasant surpriseGr8niteoutDined on 9/5/2014We were seated right away, but we also had 10pm reservations, so it wasn't many people there. We were sat in a cozy corner. The waiter was helpful in choosing menu items, as it was our first time there. The crab soup was really good, although it was really hot...temperature wise and spiciness... our entrées were delicious. The wine was nice and the ice cream sundae was pretty good as well. Our only complaint was a pesky gnat that just kept flying around our food. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yet another perfect mealmykitchenisclosedVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food and Kelsey were fabulous!!! I said perfect meal, not perfect experience because this is the second time that window seats had gnats flying around.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/28/2014Linwood's never disappoints. The service was friendly but very expert and professional. The food, always outstanding. We also took advantage of the prix fixe menu which gives you lots of options for a reasonable price. This is a place which always makes you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Working LunchTravel4WorkDined on 8/28/2014Good food - and nice place to have a client meeting & service was friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!!!SuzieQVIPDined on 8/27/2014I always enjoy Linwood's. For me it is a great neighborhood gem. The menu is very varied from soup and salad and pizza to complete gourmet dinner. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Reliably an enjoyable evening with good food and superior service. We have dined at Linwoods many times. Did not feel very welcomed by the hostess upon this visit.Special Features:
- tanagirlVIPDined on 8/25/2014Food was wonderful although portions small and a bit pricey . Restaurant was extremely cold and even after we asked to adjust still like an iceberg in there . We all had long sleeves on with an 8:30 reservation so not quite sure why ac was so lowSpecial Features:
- Getting it all togetherdrj1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Linwoods has been around for a very long time and there is a good reason for that. Day and evening they handle a very demanding crowd that is difficult to please. But the service is never hurried, the customer is always right and the food is done to perfection with the best ingredients. If you are looking for a wonderful meal, with excellent service and no surprises of poorly prepared food, this is the go-to place. No wonder it is always full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to ImpressGaryDined on 8/22/2014Linwoods is our "go to" place for celebrating special occasions and friends. The food is impeccable, and the service is like none we have encountered. The staff go out of their way to make your dinning experience special. We certainly have committed to returning to Linwoods sooner and more often and after your first visit we am confident you will too.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014As always, the food was superb, the service impeccable, and the ambiance, great. Better yet, we visited for a late lunch during Restaurant Week so we got some wonderful food at a great deal. Linwood's never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very UpscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014Husband & I went during Restaurant Week (which is supposed to be a bargain) but we still ended up spending $175!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another winner!OldBaltimoreDivaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always delicious, always consistent, and always a favorite.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedNnmathteachVIPDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I had our anniversary dinner here recently. We both ordered off of the restaurant week menu and we were not disappointed. Our crab dishes were excellent and the presentation was very nice. I had the crab soup which is the best I have ever had. There were large lumps of crab meat floating on top. The waitress was very attentive and the service was well paced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch not at LesiureOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Love this place; go often; but we were a bit rushed by our server this time. Isn't it obvious that 2 retired women meeting at 11:30 want to sit and talk a bit?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentBatmanVIPDined on 8/20/2014It is so nice to have a restaurant that is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant and great foodTynna76Dined on 8/18/2014It was our first time at Linwoods during restaurant week. For appetizers we had blackened scallops (nicely cooked) and crab soup (chunky and delicious). My favorite of the night was shrimp and grits; shrimps may have been a tad overcooked, but the grits were really creamy and tasty. We also had the Beef tenderloin, which was cooked perfectly and melted in the mouth. The raspberry sorbet was very refreshing and the dark chocolate s'mores was very rich (but that dark chocolate in between the marshmallow and graham layers was delicious!) and a bit too sweet for my taste (suggestion: pair it with an espresso to make it less sweet). I cannot wait to go back and sit by the open kitchen to see the chefs at work!Special Features:
- nouveaurevOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014The soup, Gazpacho was too sour for my taste. I've tasted better Gazpacho. The Tilapia was good, a little bit crunchy on the outside and moist and tender. The chocolate s'mores for dessert was too sweet for my taste, but I will definitely come back and try other dishes. The ambience is great, not too formal but not too casual (lunch time). The service from our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food as alwaysBisquick1Dined on 8/15/2014This is a very friendly service oriented great food restaurant. Their standards are high and they are always consistent. Great cocktails, great food, friendly non-pretentious service...........what more could you ask for? You could ask for the big table across from you to stop singing......it was funny but after a while, a little annoying. I could see the wait staff trying to control them without being offensive or mean - those who work there are truly diplomats! We enjoyed ourselves immensely - it's one of the few places that can deliver even when it's Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week MisleadingNLJF4VIPDined on 8/14/2014Our server, Annie, was wonderful! The meals were wonderful in their presentations, preparations, and taste. The only negative was that Linwood's was advertised as being part of Restaurant Week with costs for 3 courses dinners for $20+ to $30+. Linwood's charged $38.14. This is their special 3 course meal during the entire year. During restaurant week, the lower fee in concert with the advertising of Restaurant Week, that includes Linwood's included in the listing, should be in vogue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stevorinoDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food. Very accommodating for a gluten allergy. Restaurant week allowed us a sampling to prepare for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bwi12Dined on 8/13/2014I find Linwood's the most consistent restaurant for many years I've been eating here. The food is excellent, the service outstanding and friendly. I find the restaurant very elegant in it's simplicity. The open kitchen is very interesting to watch while enjoying a lunch at the counter: the stuff is very busy and extra organized. When the rush hour subsides, the stuff talks to you and answers any questions. I go to Linwoods with "gusto" and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal at Linwoodsmdgoose1Dined on 8/13/2014My wife, son, and I went to Linwoods this past Wednesday night. It was the first time all of us were off that day so we could plan a nice weekday outing. The drinks, food, and service were as good as always, meaning first class. The Prime Rib in Baltimore used to be our go to place but they have been replaced by Linwoods. We have never had a bad meal or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tried and truemykitchenisclosedVIPDined on 8/12/2014Since there aren't any comparable restaurants in the 21117/21208 area, Linwoods remains a frequent favorite. Food, service and atmosphere are always outstanding. Convenient parking is a big perk, but $15 for a glass of wine is awfully pricey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food!friendsdiningDined on 8/11/2014We make it a point to visit this restaurant special times. We were not disappointed in the food, but two of the foods that were ordered to be gluten free came to the table with croutons/cookies. The error was noted and sent back uneaten. All was made well, but the error should not have happened even once as it was known that gluten free dining was needed and this fact had been stressed to the waiter.Special Features: