25 Crossroads Drive
Owings Mills, MD 21117Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.linwoods.com/
- Phone: 410-356-3030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Devine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Besides delicious cuisine, style and service, Linwoods Catering can offer its clients expertise and experience. This comes from almost twenty years of catering events from small celebrations at home to galas for thousands. Linwoods has catered weddings, mitzvahs, corporate events, charity balls, and openings. Our goal is to make our clients happy and relaxed, to provide special menus tailored to your style within your price range. We can also connect you to other reliable vendors, who will help make your event spectacular.
- Private Party Facilities: Linwoods' delicious cuisine, style and service can also be experienced during catered events held at our facility. There are two private rooms, one that seats up to 30 people, and "The Room", which seats up to 120. "The Room" also has the capacity to hold about 150 for cocktails and buffet. There is an outdoor area that can be tented. These areas can accommodate entertainment and a dance floor. These spaces are lovely for weddings, parties, corporate events and meetings, as well as social gatherings.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Maw 4103563030
A word from Linwoods
Linwoods continues to be one of Baltimore's top restaurants striving to bring its customers fresh and creative cuisine and fine service in a warm, contemporary atmosphere. Linwood and Ellen Dame established this restaurant more than twenty years ago, and are involved in every detail of its daily operation. Linwoods is consistently recognized by Baltimore Magazine and the Zagat Guide as one of the city's best restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Linwoods - Best Restaurants in Owings Mills ›
Linwoods reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (168)fit for foodies (130)romantic (92)neighborhood gem (91)great for lunch (75)good for groups (55)great for outdoor dining (53)notable wine list (43)hot spot (24)great for brunch (16)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- No Bad SurprisesmariDined on 10/22/2014I, and four of my friends, unanimously choose to lunch at Linwood's when we get together. The food is well-prepared, and we were especially delighted with the apple-squash soup -- so delicious with the pops of pomagranite seeds. We are always seated at a very large, round table, and the noise level is low-enough to allow conversation.Special Features:
- Diners almost ruined dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014We love Linwood's. Whether we stop by on a whim or make reservations for a special occasion, we love this place, the food , and the people who work here. The challenge is the other diners. Often senior citizens who ought to know better... Throwing back drinks, shouting from table to table. It can be a bit much. And when the floor manager adds to the problem encouraging the noise, it is disappointing. If the goal is to let the regulars do as they will, there is no problem. But if the goal is to bring in a new crop of guests, there must be a way to keep the table hopping and shouting down. We were celebrating my husband's 50th... Quietly we had hoped. It's a tough call when adults behave badly, but there must be some answer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the hustle relax with a mealdrj1VIPDined on 10/18/2014The fact is this is the go to restaurant if you want excellent food, good service, and a relaxing meal. This restaurant is wonderful for special occasions. But at the end of a hectic day, you can feel your blood pressure go down. The goat cheese ravioli appetizer was wonderful. The mix of flavors complemented each other. The crispy oysters are indeed crisp but not in the least bit heavy with oil. Grab them while there is still an R in the month. My friend and I shared the steak ou poivre and there were still leftovers. Wonderful flavor. All that richness needed some chocolate for dessert. The old fashioned sundae did that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvluluVIPDined on 10/18/2014I have eaten at Linwoods many times. For some reason the service was slow this time. The waitstaff were friendly but we asked for extra dressing and it took way too long to get to the table and the wait between dinner and ordering dessert was also too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Linwood'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014I had lunch here with a friend and we were both dieting. The selections were excellent and matched our food needs choices perfectly. The service was most appropriate and we lingered after finishing our meal at least another hour. The restaurant was fine with our stay and was not concerned we were interrupting anyone's schedules. Also, we both enjoyed the quiet atmosphere; made it quite easy for us to chat and catch up; and we didn't have any challenges hearing each other. We will go back there again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Awesome!EvilIncarnateVIPDined on 10/10/2014Dined here for my Birthday dinner as a way to escape the city because of the Orioles game. Menu was diverse. Service was very good! Meal was served at a comfortable pace. Only, minor criticism, was wine list was a little aggressively priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Linwood's - Always Special!OldBaltimoreDivaVIPDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated a special birthday for a special friend, and Linwood's helped make our little party "extra special". Once again, everything was letter perfect.Special Features:
- Class ActEasyDined on 10/7/2014Linwood's is a world-class restaurant located in a medical office building in Owings Mills away from the tourist traffic. The food is outstanding and the service is professional. The dining room on a Tuesday evening was full. The chef-owner, Linwood Dame, was in the dining room personally greeting each guest. He understands his target market, and the menu, ambience, service, and personal touch add up to a perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Winner!OldBaltimoreDivaVIPDined on 10/7/2014I have reviewed Linwood's many times. The key word with which to describe this wonderful restaurant is consistent. I recently returned from a three-week Land/Cruise European tour, and Linwood's can compete favorably with any of the multi-star restaurants in which we ate.Special Features:
- FrrreezingmwagnerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Linwoods is one of our favorites. The food never disappoints. The last two times we visited, however, it was freezing cold in the dining room. Every table that sat down had the same complaint.Special Features:
- christianVIPDined on 10/4/2014IMHO one of the (if not the) and most consistent restaurant in Baltimore County! Food and service are always top notch.
- Could have been ExcellentFoodieDined on 10/4/2014This was my first visit to Linwood's. The interior was beautiful, the staff was attentive, and my Mom and I were seated at a table in the back corner which I appreciated. The fried oyster appetizer was very good. My Mom got the Broiled Crabcake and I got the Sea bass. My fish was slightly undercooked and the mashed potatoes were barely warm. I enjoyed everything about this restaurant except for the temperature of my food. I did not tell the waiter or send it back as I was dining with my Mom who has Alzheimer's and I figured it would be easier to just make do. The taste of the food was good, but hard to rate it better because I would like my fish cooked a bit more and my veggies and potatoes hot. I would give it another try!Special Features:
- Special Family CelebrationsVirtualPilgrimVIPDined on 10/3/2014We celebrated my mom's 82nd birthday here. It is one of her favorite spots. Some of the best crab cakes anywhere!Special Features:
- consistentgrazie2VIPDined on 10/2/2014Consistent high quality food and service. Lovely setting. Able to have adult conversations since there is no irritating noise.Special Features:
- DeliciousAriMVIPDined on 10/1/2014Starting with a wide variety of bourbon, wine and masterpiece cocktails, this restaurant gets creative in the menu as well. Flatbread is second to none and difficult to save room for dessert.Special Features:
- wonderful meal wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/1/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to have a fine dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 26th weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014What a great night out for dinner. I surprised my wife on our 26th anniv. Staff friendly, food excellent, just an all around great dinner. Thanks JSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table TopMemoriesDined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed watching the chefs preparing the dinner request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsatisfiedVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great restaurant with varied and interesting menu. Items we ordered, four people, were well prepared, plentiful, and enjoyable. The service, while very friendly, was not as attentivie as I would have liked. For example, we had to pour our own wine after the initial pour. No request for a second round of bread offering. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Linwoods: always a winnerlikes2eatoutVIPDined on 9/26/2014Linwood's consistently offers a fine dining experience in an attractive setting with consistently good food!Special Features:
- Not what it used to be....KED83VIPDined on 9/25/2014I just to love Linwoods a few years ago. I hadn't been in about 2 years because I moved to another state. On a recent trip to the area I wanted to get lunch at Linwoods. I always loved their fish and chips. This dish is no longer on the menu. I ordered a salad and appetizer (calamari) and it was good but not really what I remember Linwoods to be. I had a lunch reservation at 1:30 but I was seated in the side room, farthest from the server's sight. Getting water refilled was rare. many times I sat with an emtpy glass. The place was about half full when I arrived so not sure what the issue was. I don't live close but I wouldn't go back when I am in the area.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014I enjoyed everything about this restaurant. The open kitchen was a very nice touch. The service was excellent, everyone was very accommodating. Great selection on wine, scotch and bourbon. Will definitely return and recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant afternoontogetherfor62Dined on 9/23/2014My wife and I have been there before for dinners and enjoyed it very much. We decided to lunch there and it was also very good. The waiter we had (Scott) was excellent, he saw to our every need.Special Features:
- Great first experiencebaltimoreraiderDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I came to Linwood's for our 10th anniversary and we had a great 1st experience. The service by Keri was awesome...right down to the dessert she bought us, with candles in them for our special occasion. I requested a romantic table and got a corner booth that put my wife and I within hand holding distance. Linwood came and spoke to is at our table....made us really feel welcome. The room was loud at times but the "people watching" and the open kitchen were great for conversation and entertainment for us . Above all of this...the meal was one of the best I've had in e Baltimore area....Steak au Poivre for me and the MD Crabcake for my wife were both outstanding and the Chocolate Bread a Pudding w Coffee Ice Creme was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentAileenVIPDined on 9/18/2014Linwoods is always consistent. They hire the best servers and train them well. The food speaks for itself!!Special Features:
- Great food, great service!pattigirl101Dined on 9/18/2014I took myself out to dinner for suppor Dining Out For Life. It was easy to reserve a table for one and when I arrived 1/2 hour early, the kind reception staff was happy to seat me. My table was in Keri's section and she took excellent care of me. This elegant restaurant is welcoming even to the single diner. The food was, as I expected, excellent and the wine really yummy. I chose the prix fixe menu for the terrific value but there were so many things on the main menu that I really had a hard time making that decision. I think that will necessitate a return visit very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I went to dinner with a friend of mine, and we both agreed it was one of the best dining experiences we've ever had. The staff were all extremely helpful and genuinely sought to tend to your every need. The ambiance was lovely, and made for wonderful conversation. The food itself, including the drinks and dessert, were phenomenal. Overall, an incredible experience that I will recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Great local restaurantCindyDined on 9/17/2014Linwood's is one of my all time favorite places for fine dinning. My husband and I went there for our anniversary and we were very pleased with the food and service. I had the shrimp and grits which was excellent. My husband had steak that was cooked to perfection. We had a great bottle of Melbec and enjoyed an old fashioned ice cream sundae for dessert. We really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Great spot for speciial occasionshomecookDined on 9/16/2014This was our 4th visit to Linwoods. We have enjoyed our experience everytime. we have had a few dishes that were not our style but they were still special. It is usually difficult for me to find a dish i like because i am allergic to shell fish and many other foods, but whatever I find at Linwoods is great. My husband and daughter love the food. I do love the rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liver and onionsKathyVIPDined on 9/16/2014The liver and onions are the best we have ever tasted. The price is fairly costly though at $28 a serving so we will likely only come on occasion.Special Features:
- Quiet lunchtime celebrationdrj1VIPDined on 9/16/2014I took a friend to lunch for her birthday. She was wowed! The crab cake was its usual excellent self. My friend had the BBQ ribs and was truly knocked out by them. They are a wonderful take on Pacific Asian flavors and I would strongly recommend them to anyone who even remotely likes ribs. These are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Satisfied.BillVIPDined on 9/15/2014Linwoods always delivers. From the drinks and appetizers to the coffee and desert, they never fail to deliver at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- After all these years...JuliaDined on 9/14/2014It's hard to say nicer things about this place. Our expectations are usually exceeded which is quite something after five+ years. A couple quibbles. The rolls they serve for bread service tasted frozen bought and reheated in a microwave; butter was faultless. The shrimp scampi flatbread was the one flat note (nice crust, but didn't care for the cheese blend). Everything else (beef tenderloin, scallops, shrimp and grits) were delicious and scrumptious. Foodies, be warned: this is not a hipster place. Not a lot of interest here for pre-Prohibition cocktails or even craft whiskeys. A modern bar scene would really freshen their profile. Service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Just okayHenryd70Dined on 9/7/2014The food was average, the drinks were average, but the service was excellent.Special Features:
- pleasant surpriseGr8niteoutDined on 9/5/2014We were seated right away, but we also had 10pm reservations, so it wasn't many people there. We were sat in a cozy corner. The waiter was helpful in choosing menu items, as it was our first time there. The crab soup was really good, although it was really hot...temperature wise and spiciness... our entrées were delicious. The wine was nice and the ice cream sundae was pretty good as well. Our only complaint was a pesky gnat that just kept flying around our food. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yet another perfect mealmykitchenisclosedVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food and Kelsey were fabulous!!! I said perfect meal, not perfect experience because this is the second time that window seats had gnats flying around.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/28/2014Linwood's never disappoints. The service was friendly but very expert and professional. The food, always outstanding. We also took advantage of the prix fixe menu which gives you lots of options for a reasonable price. This is a place which always makes you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Working LunchTravel4WorkDined on 8/28/2014Good food - and nice place to have a client meeting & service was friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!!!SuzieQVIPDined on 8/27/2014I always enjoy Linwood's. For me it is a great neighborhood gem. The menu is very varied from soup and salad and pizza to complete gourmet dinner. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Reliably an enjoyable evening with good food and superior service. We have dined at Linwoods many times. Did not feel very welcomed by the hostess upon this visit.Special Features: