25 Crossroads Drive
Owings Mills, MD 21117Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.linwoods.com/
- Phone: (410) 356-3030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Devine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Besides delicious cuisine, style and service, Linwoods Catering can offer its clients expertise and experience. This comes from almost twenty years of catering events from small celebrations at home to galas for thousands. Linwoods has catered weddings, mitzvahs, corporate events, charity balls, and openings. Our goal is to make our clients happy and relaxed, to provide special menus tailored to your style within your price range. We can also connect you to other reliable vendors, who will help make your event spectacular.
- Private Party Facilities: Linwoods' delicious cuisine, style and service can also be experienced during catered events held at our facility. There are two private rooms, one that seats up to 30 people, and "The Room", which seats up to 120. "The Room" also has the capacity to hold about 150 for cocktails and buffet. There is an outdoor area that can be tented. These areas can accommodate entertainment and a dance floor. These spaces are lovely for weddings, parties, corporate events and meetings, as well as social gatherings.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Maw 4103563030
A word from Linwoods
Linwoods continues to be one of Baltimore's top restaurants striving to bring its customers fresh and creative cuisine and fine service in a warm, contemporary atmosphere. Linwood and Ellen Dame established this restaurant more than twenty years ago, and are involved in every detail of its daily operation. Linwoods is consistently recognized by Baltimore Magazine and the Zagat Guide as one of the city's best restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Linwoods - Best Restaurants in Owings Mills ›
Linwoods reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (157)fit for foodies (120)neighborhood gem (104)romantic (88)great for lunch (80)good for groups (64)notable wine list (47)great for outdoor dining (39)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (19)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- JessesusanVIPDined on 11/25/2014Linwood's is the nicest restaurant in the Pikesville area but what makes it especially nice is the waiter Jesse. Top notch service is what you get with Jesse who makes the whole dining experience outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Any time Linwoods is finedrj1VIPDined on 11/17/2014Another evening of wonderful food, great service and quiet celebration. We wanted a quiet dinner to celebrate a birthday. The crab cakes were great as usual and the new sides were a terrific change up. One of the many wonderful things about this restaurant is that the diner can have a full out top to bottom meal or a lighter meal and still enjoy wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of BaltimorePikesvilleFoodieDined on 11/16/2014Without a doubt, this is the finest restaurant in the entire area. Nothing comes close within 10 miles. We've been there numerous times and have had them cater one large party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good.JGNXDined on 11/14/2014Met for lunch with friends. Service was impeccable, and the food, wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE WAY IT SHOULD BE DONEsaladmanVIPDined on 11/13/20141. The food is excellent. 2.The decor is simple and handsome. 3.Attitude is completely absent.Special Features:
- Excellent food, serviceLinwoodsDined on 11/13/2014This place was recommended by a friend, and it did not disappoint. The service staff was friendly and attentive without being pushy or overbearing. We had the calamari and scallops for appetizers, and they were cooked to perfection and very fresh. The salads we had for entrees were very good. I would heartily recommend Linwoods to anyone looking for excellent food, great service and wonderful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 11/12/2014Have eaten at Linwood's numerous times and each time has been a great experience with wonderful service and excellent food. This was a business dinner and everyone in our group enjoyed their meal. I personally do not like liver but everyone I've ever eaten with at the restaurant that likes liver says it's great. Lobster Tempura appetizer never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!LuvDallasDined on 11/11/2014I've known about Linwood's for years, but had never made the journey from Ellicott City to experience it first hand. When a friend suggested it, we decided now was the time. We were so impressed! The food was wonderful and there was quite a range in terms of price points and food options - including seasonal dishes as well as standards. All four of us truly enjoyed our dinners. The venison was especially impressive, as was the calamari we all shared. The restaurant was full and lively for a Tuesday night. I highly recommend it and will definitely go back. A special treat was when the chef came to our table to ask us about our meals. That was a very nice touch.Special Features:
- Marsha KesslerMissKDined on 11/9/2014Our trip to Linwood's was for my Mother & my birthdays. The service and food were excellent and the 2 birthdays were nicely acknowledged with a desert and candle and well wishes after the meal. Just the right touch. As always the food was outstanding. You just can't go wrong booking Linwood's for a special occasion or just a quiet lunch with friends or business associates.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodBuiltonrockDined on 11/8/2014I was very impressed with the food and service at Linwoods. I had the shrimp and grits and it was the best that I have had since moving to Baltimore from the South. The service was impressive as our waitress was attentive and very knowledgeable of the menu. I really enjoyed my experience and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent excellencegrazie2VIPDined on 11/8/2014Linwood is reliable for consistent excellence in food and service.Special Features:
- Classically ElegantCharmCityTravelerDined on 11/7/2014Great Drinks and food. Outstanding Wait Service and good spacing between courses.Special Features:
- Fantastic Rest.AlicatDined on 11/5/2014The ambiance was great; the waitress was good; wine was terrific; food was fabulous. Spent 2.5 hr.s there with friends we hadn't seen for a while. Did not feel rushed. Very relaxing atmosphere with a touch of elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure.....SellithardVIPDined on 11/3/2014What can you say...Consistent quality of food, wine and service....everything you want in a restaurant. My wife and I are moving out of state in the near future and there was no question where we would have our last anniversary dinner here in Baltimore. We are members of several clubs and private dining clubs and are regulars at many of the best restaurants in Baltimore....yet without hesitation we wanted to spend this special night at Linwood's. And we were glad we did. A truly enjoyable experience all around.Special Features:
- AlwaysVIPDined on 11/3/2014Linwood's----For over 25 years--guaranteed to be a great experienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We had a wonderful evening for my sister"s Birthday at Linwood last weekend . The food was up to our expectation, the staff could not do enough, very pleasant & cordial. The young man who waited on us was very helpful on choosing our choices. We will highly recommend to our friends. Thanks for the lovely evening. Molina Owings MillsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time PatronOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014My wife was joyful over the dining experience! The parking was well lit and monitored (security cruiser on site)Special Features:
- over ratedtanagirlVIPDined on 10/31/2014very much think it is terrible when you order an ice tea and then switch to a coke they charge you another $3.95 when if you would get a refill on either they would keep bringing them to you at no charge instead of paying almost $8 for one ice tea and 1/2 of a cokeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theredladyVIPDined on 10/30/2014The black bean soup needs work. The beans were under cooked and the soup very thickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant meal but with problemsjpgr29Dined on 10/26/2014This was a special occasion for us and that is why we chose Linwoods. Our food was excellant as was the ambiance. What we found disappointing was our waitress. She at times would disappear; not checking back with us in a timely manner. When we asked for additional rolls with our meal we never got them. We ordered a bottle of wine; she never refilled our glasses (this should be done in a restaurant of this caliber). Then after waiting at least 15 minutes to request our check I finally asked one of the servers to tell her that we wanted our check. One other thing that was upsetting was that there was not a bottle of under $50.00. This was disappointing. We like good wine but there should be cheaper selections available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Bad SurprisesmariDined on 10/22/2014I, and four of my friends, unanimously choose to lunch at Linwood's when we get together. The food is well-prepared, and we were especially delighted with the apple-squash soup -- so delicious with the pops of pomagranite seeds. We are always seated at a very large, round table, and the noise level is low-enough to allow conversation.Special Features:
- Diners almost ruined dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014We love Linwood's. Whether we stop by on a whim or make reservations for a special occasion, we love this place, the food , and the people who work here. The challenge is the other diners. Often senior citizens who ought to know better... Throwing back drinks, shouting from table to table. It can be a bit much. And when the floor manager adds to the problem encouraging the noise, it is disappointing. If the goal is to let the regulars do as they will, there is no problem. But if the goal is to bring in a new crop of guests, there must be a way to keep the table hopping and shouting down. We were celebrating my husband's 50th... Quietly we had hoped. It's a tough call when adults behave badly, but there must be some answer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the hustle relax with a mealdrj1VIPDined on 10/18/2014The fact is this is the go to restaurant if you want excellent food, good service, and a relaxing meal. This restaurant is wonderful for special occasions. But at the end of a hectic day, you can feel your blood pressure go down. The goat cheese ravioli appetizer was wonderful. The mix of flavors complemented each other. The crispy oysters are indeed crisp but not in the least bit heavy with oil. Grab them while there is still an R in the month. My friend and I shared the steak ou poivre and there were still leftovers. Wonderful flavor. All that richness needed some chocolate for dessert. The old fashioned sundae did that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvluluVIPDined on 10/18/2014I have eaten at Linwoods many times. For some reason the service was slow this time. The waitstaff were friendly but we asked for extra dressing and it took way too long to get to the table and the wait between dinner and ordering dessert was also too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014Service was good, but it took 45 minutes to get three salads and a tuna tartar which is raw. We were all starving!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Linwood'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014I had lunch here with a friend and we were both dieting. The selections were excellent and matched our food needs choices perfectly. The service was most appropriate and we lingered after finishing our meal at least another hour. The restaurant was fine with our stay and was not concerned we were interrupting anyone's schedules. Also, we both enjoyed the quiet atmosphere; made it quite easy for us to chat and catch up; and we didn't have any challenges hearing each other. We will go back there again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Awesome!EvilIncarnateVIPDined on 10/10/2014Dined here for my Birthday dinner as a way to escape the city because of the Orioles game. Menu was diverse. Service was very good! Meal was served at a comfortable pace. Only, minor criticism, was wine list was a little aggressively priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Linwood's - Always Special!OldBaltimoreDivaVIPDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated a special birthday for a special friend, and Linwood's helped make our little party "extra special". Once again, everything was letter perfect.Special Features:
- Class ActEasyDined on 10/7/2014Linwood's is a world-class restaurant located in a medical office building in Owings Mills away from the tourist traffic. The food is outstanding and the service is professional. The dining room on a Tuesday evening was full. The chef-owner, Linwood Dame, was in the dining room personally greeting each guest. He understands his target market, and the menu, ambience, service, and personal touch add up to a perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Winner!OldBaltimoreDivaVIPDined on 10/7/2014I have reviewed Linwood's many times. The key word with which to describe this wonderful restaurant is consistent. I recently returned from a three-week Land/Cruise European tour, and Linwood's can compete favorably with any of the multi-star restaurants in which we ate.Special Features:
- FrrreezingmwagnerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Linwoods is one of our favorites. The food never disappoints. The last two times we visited, however, it was freezing cold in the dining room. Every table that sat down had the same complaint.Special Features:
- christianVIPDined on 10/4/2014IMHO one of the (if not the) and most consistent restaurant in Baltimore County! Food and service are always top notch.
- Could have been ExcellentFoodieDined on 10/4/2014This was my first visit to Linwood's. The interior was beautiful, the staff was attentive, and my Mom and I were seated at a table in the back corner which I appreciated. The fried oyster appetizer was very good. My Mom got the Broiled Crabcake and I got the Sea bass. My fish was slightly undercooked and the mashed potatoes were barely warm. I enjoyed everything about this restaurant except for the temperature of my food. I did not tell the waiter or send it back as I was dining with my Mom who has Alzheimer's and I figured it would be easier to just make do. The taste of the food was good, but hard to rate it better because I would like my fish cooked a bit more and my veggies and potatoes hot. I would give it another try!Special Features:
- Special Family CelebrationsVirtualPilgrimVIPDined on 10/3/2014We celebrated my mom's 82nd birthday here. It is one of her favorite spots. Some of the best crab cakes anywhere!Special Features:
- consistentgrazie2VIPDined on 10/2/2014Consistent high quality food and service. Lovely setting. Able to have adult conversations since there is no irritating noise.Special Features:
- DeliciousAriMVIPDined on 10/1/2014Starting with a wide variety of bourbon, wine and masterpiece cocktails, this restaurant gets creative in the menu as well. Flatbread is second to none and difficult to save room for dessert.Special Features:
- wonderful meal wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/1/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to have a fine dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 26th weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014What a great night out for dinner. I surprised my wife on our 26th anniv. Staff friendly, food excellent, just an all around great dinner. Thanks JSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table TopMemoriesDined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed watching the chefs preparing the dinner request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsatisfiedVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great restaurant with varied and interesting menu. Items we ordered, four people, were well prepared, plentiful, and enjoyable. The service, while very friendly, was not as attentivie as I would have liked. For example, we had to pour our own wine after the initial pour. No request for a second round of bread offering. We will definitely go back!Special Features: