25 Crossroads Drive
Owings Mills, MD 21117Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.linwoods.com/
- Phone: 410-356-3030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Devine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Besides delicious cuisine, style and service, Linwoods Catering can offer its clients expertise and experience. This comes from almost twenty years of catering events from small celebrations at home to galas for thousands. Linwoods has catered weddings, mitzvahs, corporate events, charity balls, and openings. Our goal is to make our clients happy and relaxed, to provide special menus tailored to your style within your price range. We can also connect you to other reliable vendors, who will help make your event spectacular.
- Private Party Facilities: Linwoods' delicious cuisine, style and service can also be experienced during catered events held at our facility. There are two private rooms, one that seats up to 30 people, and "The Room", which seats up to 120. "The Room" also has the capacity to hold about 150 for cocktails and buffet. There is an outdoor area that can be tented. These areas can accommodate entertainment and a dance floor. These spaces are lovely for weddings, parties, corporate events and meetings, as well as social gatherings.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Maw 4103563030
A word from Linwoods
Linwoods continues to be one of Baltimore's top restaurants striving to bring its customers fresh and creative cuisine and fine service in a warm, contemporary atmosphere. Linwood and Ellen Dame established this restaurant more than twenty years ago, and are involved in every detail of its daily operation. Linwoods is consistently recognized by Baltimore Magazine and the Zagat Guide as one of the city's best restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Linwoods - Best Restaurants in Owings Mills ›
Linwoods reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (179)fit for foodies (142)neighborhood gem (100)romantic (98)great for lunch (84)great for outdoor dining (57)good for groups (55)notable wine list (46)great for brunch (28)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- tanagirlVIPDined on 8/25/2014Food was wonderful although portions small and a bit pricey . Restaurant was extremely cold and even after we asked to adjust still like an iceberg in there . We all had long sleeves on with an 8:30 reservation so not quite sure why ac was so lowSpecial Features:
- Getting it all togetherdrj1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Linwoods has been around for a very long time and there is a good reason for that. Day and evening they handle a very demanding crowd that is difficult to please. But the service is never hurried, the customer is always right and the food is done to perfection with the best ingredients. If you are looking for a wonderful meal, with excellent service and no surprises of poorly prepared food, this is the go-to place. No wonder it is always full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to ImpressGaryDined on 8/22/2014Linwoods is our "go to" place for celebrating special occasions and friends. The food is impeccable, and the service is like none we have encountered. The staff go out of their way to make your dinning experience special. We certainly have committed to returning to Linwoods sooner and more often and after your first visit we am confident you will too.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014As always, the food was superb, the service impeccable, and the ambiance, great. Better yet, we visited for a late lunch during Restaurant Week so we got some wonderful food at a great deal. Linwood's never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very UpscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014Husband & I went during Restaurant Week (which is supposed to be a bargain) but we still ended up spending $175!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another winner!OldBaltimoreDivaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always delicious, always consistent, and always a favorite.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedNnmathteachVIPDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I had our anniversary dinner here recently. We both ordered off of the restaurant week menu and we were not disappointed. Our crab dishes were excellent and the presentation was very nice. I had the crab soup which is the best I have ever had. There were large lumps of crab meat floating on top. The waitress was very attentive and the service was well paced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch not at LesiureOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Love this place; go often; but we were a bit rushed by our server this time. Isn't it obvious that 2 retired women meeting at 11:30 want to sit and talk a bit?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentBatmanVIPDined on 8/20/2014It is so nice to have a restaurant that is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant and great foodTynna76Dined on 8/18/2014It was our first time at Linwoods during restaurant week. For appetizers we had blackened scallops (nicely cooked) and crab soup (chunky and delicious). My favorite of the night was shrimp and grits; shrimps may have been a tad overcooked, but the grits were really creamy and tasty. We also had the Beef tenderloin, which was cooked perfectly and melted in the mouth. The raspberry sorbet was very refreshing and the dark chocolate s'mores was very rich (but that dark chocolate in between the marshmallow and graham layers was delicious!) and a bit too sweet for my taste (suggestion: pair it with an espresso to make it less sweet). I cannot wait to go back and sit by the open kitchen to see the chefs at work!Special Features:
- nouveaurevOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014The soup, Gazpacho was too sour for my taste. I've tasted better Gazpacho. The Tilapia was good, a little bit crunchy on the outside and moist and tender. The chocolate s'mores for dessert was too sweet for my taste, but I will definitely come back and try other dishes. The ambience is great, not too formal but not too casual (lunch time). The service from our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food as alwaysBisquick1Dined on 8/15/2014This is a very friendly service oriented great food restaurant. Their standards are high and they are always consistent. Great cocktails, great food, friendly non-pretentious service...........what more could you ask for? You could ask for the big table across from you to stop singing......it was funny but after a while, a little annoying. I could see the wait staff trying to control them without being offensive or mean - those who work there are truly diplomats! We enjoyed ourselves immensely - it's one of the few places that can deliver even when it's Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week MisleadingNLJF4VIPDined on 8/14/2014Our server, Annie, was wonderful! The meals were wonderful in their presentations, preparations, and taste. The only negative was that Linwood's was advertised as being part of Restaurant Week with costs for 3 courses dinners for $20+ to $30+. Linwood's charged $38.14. This is their special 3 course meal during the entire year. During restaurant week, the lower fee in concert with the advertising of Restaurant Week, that includes Linwood's included in the listing, should be in vogue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stevorinoDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food. Very accommodating for a gluten allergy. Restaurant week allowed us a sampling to prepare for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bwi12Dined on 8/13/2014I find Linwood's the most consistent restaurant for many years I've been eating here. The food is excellent, the service outstanding and friendly. I find the restaurant very elegant in it's simplicity. The open kitchen is very interesting to watch while enjoying a lunch at the counter: the stuff is very busy and extra organized. When the rush hour subsides, the stuff talks to you and answers any questions. I go to Linwoods with "gusto" and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal at Linwoodsmdgoose1Dined on 8/13/2014My wife, son, and I went to Linwoods this past Wednesday night. It was the first time all of us were off that day so we could plan a nice weekday outing. The drinks, food, and service were as good as always, meaning first class. The Prime Rib in Baltimore used to be our go to place but they have been replaced by Linwoods. We have never had a bad meal or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tried and truemykitchenisclosedVIPDined on 8/12/2014Since there aren't any comparable restaurants in the 21117/21208 area, Linwoods remains a frequent favorite. Food, service and atmosphere are always outstanding. Convenient parking is a big perk, but $15 for a glass of wine is awfully pricey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food!friendsdiningDined on 8/11/2014We make it a point to visit this restaurant special times. We were not disappointed in the food, but two of the foods that were ordered to be gluten free came to the table with croutons/cookies. The error was noted and sent back uneaten. All was made well, but the error should not have happened even once as it was known that gluten free dining was needed and this fact had been stressed to the waiter.Special Features:
- Excellentfoodie2VIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been dining here since the restaurant first opened, and Linwood's has consistently maintained the highest standards in service, food quality, and presentation. Clearly, the staff are well-trained, as they balance attentiveness without being intrusive. The food is always outstanding. The dining room ambiance is sophisticated. Linwood Dame is absolutely the very best chef and restauranteur. It is always a pleasure to dine here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014This past week, my husband and I enjoyed our luncheon visit. On Sat., we hosted friends for their anniversary -- what a lovely time, and what a lovely, perfect meal. Our server/attendant/whatever title is given to people who take care of table guests these days was outstanding, and we were fortuante enough to have Stacy (sp.?) both times -- she also took great care with our bar drinks. Perhaps we will be back in the next week or so. The food was excellent, the flavors blended smoothly and in an interesting way, the meal was most attractively plated for each course. Yes, hopefully we will be back soon. Thanks to all -- very nice indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standardStraightTalkDined on 8/9/2014I have eaten here several times and have always been pleased with the food and service. I went as part of restaurant week and have to say that the menu selection was not up to the usual standard. I normally go for lunch so this was my first dinner experience. I ordered the beef tenderloin which was very good. The issue was one of the sides which were fries served in parchment paper. There were absolutely horrible. For the price you would think they would serve something other then fries with a fancy name. When I commented to the server she basically said they aren't like supermarket fries so they were supposed to be burnt and hard (my observation). I hope her statement was not meant to be offensive as it could have been perceived.Special Features:
- joelJoelDined on 8/9/2014Instead of the crispy potatoes with the crabcake, I would prefer fries or a few roasted vegetables. Those crispy potatoes are useless! Otherwise, the meal was super, especially the smores dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthdaycyockey1Dined on 8/7/2014Not sure if the 6 top nest to us were regulars or not...we shared a waitress, she was super attentive to them and kind of forgot about the two of us... the other staff picked up he slack so it wasn't awful, just I think you should ask how the food is before its finished and that folks shouldn't sit with empty plates... The food really was amazing!!! My wife got crab soup and crab cakes and they were original and surprising! My Veal Porterhouse was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dining Again and AgainsusanpbgVIPDined on 8/6/2014Linwoods never fails to leave a good taste in one's mouth! When I walk in and see the chef's in classic hats busily working the stations in the open kitchen I know we are going to be satisfied. The gazpacho was a delightful blend of juice and perfectly chopped vegetables with a delicious summer freshness. Crab cakes are always a big winner, meats cooked to perfection, salads delicious. You can not go wrong with the creative and fresh menus that Linwood always delivers!Special Features:
- Great lunch.SallyDined on 8/6/2014My friends and I were celebrating birthdays and Linwood's helped to make them very festive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Headen gemJavonne4Dined on 8/5/2014My daughter and I enjoy the dinner and the view. For over 10 yrs I never notice this restaurant . Thanks to restaurant week our eyes are open. It turned out to be a very nice evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve RSteveRDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I have been to Linwood's a number of times over the years. For our 35th Wedding Anniversary, Linwood's was a "no brainer." Our server, Kelsey, could not have been more attentive and accommodating. The food, as usual was great. My wife had the Caesar Salad and crab cake entree'; I had the gazpacho and the soft crab entree'. Both were great (as is usual @ Linwood's). The deserts (fruit shortcake and chocolate dessert) were the perfect ending to the dinner. Linwood's has always been a great choice for us, and never disappoints. SteveSpecial Features:
- SuperbgourmetwantabeDined on 8/4/2014Met our expectations and then some. Keri was a great server. Knowledgable and friendly without being over powering. Will ask for her again:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very good, but priceyLynnDined on 8/3/2014I have been at Linwood's twice for indoor full meal dining and twice with a group of women eating outside. The food is always very good. Presentation is lovely. But probably would go back to only share appetizers, first courses or small plates. It is just too pricey. My father rarely brings up price, but he did this time. Portions are reasonable but not over the top in amount, which is fine, but again price. Chefs on the main floor in the open is a nice touch. Like the more contemporary decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Putting it all togetherdrj1VIPDined on 8/3/2014It takes multiple factors to be a really great restaurant. Linwoods is successful year in and year out, I believe, because its staff really cares that you are having an enjoyable evening. An elderly couple next to our table were enjoying and raving about the price fix dinner. My dessert came (sherbet with berries). I asked for some chocolate sauce for the berries, it appeared instantly. The elderly woman next to me said it looked really good. I said it was. She asked the server if she had chocolate sauce would it cost extra? Clearly that would make a difference. The server smiled and said of course not. The sauce came. The server smiled. Those are the events that make a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Great eveningConnieTwoCitiesDined on 8/2/2014Excellent dinner with another couple a few weeks ago--food was fantastic as was the service. Only improvement suggested is a heavier pour at the bar--mixed drinks were fairly light. Otherwise, no complaints and we look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Took long time friend to Linwoods since they had never dined there. They were very impressed with their meal scallops and duck. Our meal also excellent, this time I had the soft crabs. Service was excellent and Lin Wood spent 5 minutes at or table to talk and asked about our meal. Can't wait to see what the next special will be on the menu.Special Features:
- First class dining experienceSaftaDined on 7/30/2014We had a wonderful dinner - the food and service were excellent. I had requested a dessert with a candle for my husband's birthday on my OpenTable reservation, and it was delivered at the perfect time, with no further prompting from me. I couldn't be more pleased and will definitely go back on other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very specialThumperDined on 7/25/2014The only somewhat odd thing is the location. It is in a business park like setting. No other open businesses around on a Friday night. Definitely make a reservation. Bar seating available at drink bar and food bar, which would be great fun if you like watching the cooks. Outdoor seating as well, but no real view. The food is great. Fresh ingredients and beautiful serving styles.Special Features:
- Great service!J4444VIPDined on 7/24/2014I expected the food to be great (I had heard it was..and that was very true!). Our server was very professional, attentive and alert to our needs. He made the experience very pleasurable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AussietravelerDined on 7/21/2014This was our first time at Linwoods and we found it to be delightful on every level. The staff, the seating and the service were pleasant and efficient. The menu was expansive and up-to-date. The servings were just right and not overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 7/21/2014Great business night out! Food and service are always very good and did not disappoint this time either. Lobster Tempura ppetizer was especially good.
- Check Plus StarZsaZsa48VIPDined on 7/18/2014I am always so very pleased with my dining experience at Linwoods. The food is consistently yummy with tantalizing flavors and the service is top drawer. Kudos to Tim and Sam for helping to make Linwoods a favorite of mine and my friends. Linwood gets a check plus star too.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchladieswholunchDined on 7/15/2014Two of us enjoyed the 3-course lunch special whil two ordered from the regular menu. Without excpetion all of our dishes were superb!Special Features:
- Special dinner at LinwoodsPlainmary45Dined on 7/14/2014We had never been to Linwood's and we decided to celebrate two family birthdays at one time at a restaurant that might be a little more memorable. Food was excellent and the service was wonderful. Barbara is the best waitress we have had in a very long time-very knowledgeable about every aspect of the menu. Service was very smooth and we all tried something different for dinner and everyone loved their choices. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for special occasions. We had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.