698 Sawmill River Rd.
Ardsley, NY 10502Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.liniziony.com/
- Phone: (914) 693-5400
- Hours of Operation:
5:30 to 10:00 pm
5:30 to 11:00 pm
11:30 to 3:30
5pm to 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Scott Fratangelo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from L'inizio
We strive to use seasonal,local products and incorporate them into the Italian food we love so much.
We are located at 698 Saw Mill River Road in Ardsley, NY.
We strive to use seasonal,local products and incorporate them into the Italian food we love so much.
We are located at 698 Saw Mill River Road in Ardsley, NY.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
L'inizio - Best Restaurants in Ardsley ›
L'inizio reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)neighborhood gem (103)special occasion (32)romantic (28)notable wine list (25)great for brunch (19)hot spot (19)good for groups (15)great for lunch (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Consistent favorite in ArdsleyUsuallyHungryVIPDined on 11/25/2014Has remained strong since opening and continues to present creative food that is better than good. And wine is 1/2 price on Tuesday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in the area.ArmandDined on 11/21/2014Food and service are top notch. Can get noisy. Don't miss the bread sticks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in ArdsleyAstronginVIPDined on 11/15/2014This is my second visit to L'inizio and I really enjoyed the food. We had to wait a bit for our table, but once seated, the service was excellent. The menu is very inventive, although a bit limited, I would prefer more fish selections and/or fish with pasta selections. Having said that, me and my dinner companions really enjoyed our meals. The desserts are also very inventive and excellent. We had the doughnuts which I highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeebeeDined on 11/14/2014Portions were small, no premium brands at the bar and place is so small service was difficult. Probably would be better when not so busy ( restaurant week )Special Features:
- A lovely dinnerHappyCustomerVIPDined on 11/14/2014This was our second visit to L'inizio. It was very crowded (due to it being restaurant week) but we did not feel rushed at all. In fact, the service was terrific. In addition to what one would expect from a head waiter, the gentleman who bussed our table was constantly asking us how everything was and if he could get us anything. So, bravo to the staff. We ordered from the special menu and enjoyed everything we ate. The fish was incredibly fresh, moist, and well-prepared and the desserts were delicious. We look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanDined on 11/14/2014Excellent service. So friendly and efficient. Interesting menu with several good options for restaurant week, too. Both my husband and I found the food to be a bit too spicy. Many dishes were heavy handed with crushed red pepper. Wines were a good value and desserts are delicious. I would go back but choose more carefully. When we offered this comment, our server offered a complimentary wine. That was a nice touch and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small restaurant--big flavorsmaven1VIPDined on 11/13/2014Went for restaurant week. Tow of us had the mozzerella and two had the salad. Both were delicious. Again two had the lamb and two had the chicken. Chicken was very good--lamb was great. Dessert was a date bread pudding scruptious. We asked for fruit (I'm diabetic) anf the restaurant obliged. Altogether a lovely dinner and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week GemDinewellDined on 11/12/2014We had a great evening here. Started with a great old fashion ( have not had one in years). The aruga salad was excellent, followed by chicken and a well cooked lamb shank. Dessert was also good, especially the fig cake. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its WayLive4FoodVIPDined on 11/11/2014We've been to L'Inzio at least 3 times in the past and the food was delicious. We've even recommended it to friends who had since visited as well. However, last night it seemed like the kitchen staff and chef were swapped out with that from a first year cooking school. Our lamb shanks came out cold and dry. The dishes did not come out as described. The "shuffle tart" was just a little chocolate pudding pie. Unfortunately, we will not be returning again. Too many other choices out there. I will say though that the service still remained good.
- Simply Amazing!StefaniaVIPDined on 11/7/2014If you have not been here yet, you must make your reservation right away! The food was absolutely delicious! Our waitress was very attentive without being intrusive. The wife/owner was very sweet and welcoming! My mouth is till watering for the Italian Doughnuts and Date Pudding cake! I cannot wait to come back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic findChefsTipVIPDined on 11/7/2014Husband wife duo amazing. http://food.lohudblogs.com/2014/11/09/hvrw-fall-2014-linizio-in-ardsley-a-return-visit/ Here is formal review. Terrific food and desserts very good.Special Features:
- thetrierDined on 11/7/2014Really enjoyed everything. They were in keeping with the spirit of Restaurant week.Special Features:
- vincent zZEKE3350VIPDined on 11/6/2014we were more than pleasantly surprised with our first visit. From the tasty thin bread sticks coated with spices and cheese to the desert of Italian doughnuts the food was terrific. we availed ourselves of the restaurant week menu and had the braised veal shank that was so tender you didn't need a fork to cut it. the service was excellent and well versed in the food and wine.Our server recommended a white wine for my wife that she thoroughly enjoyed. the place is cozy and divided into two small rooms with a small bar separating the two areas. we definitely will be coming back to order from the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not returnLuvstoteavelDined on 11/6/2014Allowing for the fact that it was Restaurant week, the staff was totally unprepared. Waited an hour for our appetizers then the dessert came when we still had our entree. We were never asked if we wanted coffee. I felt sorry for our server. Kept apologizing for the kitchen being backed up.
- L'INIZIOBLONDE39BRUNETTE11Dined on 11/5/2014WE HAD A SUPER DINNER DURING RESTAURANT WEEK. THE MENU WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD. OUR SERVER, MATTHEW BERK (WE ASKED) WAS SUPER ATTENTIVE AND KNOWLEGEABLE ABOUT THE MENU AND WINE LIST. WE WILL RETURN AGAIN TO SAMPLE OTHER OFFERINGS FROM YOUR CREATIVE MENU. ALSO, THE OTHER ASSISTANT SERVERS COULD NOT HAVE OFFERED BETTER SERVICE, WATER, BREAD, CLEARING. GREAT NIGHT OUT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time, worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2014Italian that is light on its feet and delicious, fit for foodies. Very spicy margarita that is five bucks during happy hour. Nice mix of young (including kids) and old, acoustics I thought fine actually despite NYT review. Tues is 1/2 of wine under 100$.Special Features:
- Possibly best New ItaliansybilDined on 11/1/2014Heard about this place and knew it was a well kept secret but never imagined it to be SO GOOD ! We scored a quiet table in the rear dining room, with our friends, which really helps insure a relaxed time. The staff is stupendous and don't think I will ever forget my plate of pasta............best in the county hands down. This is pretty close to a perfect restaurant and the owners are caring, attentive and charming........... Reserve at once .......Special Features:
- The beginningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/1/2014It's name in Italian fits this relaxed, enjoyable eating establishment. The food was very good, at times great. The service was very good at times downright friendly. We spoke to one of the owners who came around a number of times and made you feel right at home. I found it to be a neat place.Special Features:
- outstandingMythinkingDined on 10/26/2014Our family of 5 celebrated my Mom's 92nd birthday at a most delightful Brunch! Started with a nice bloody mary (or a mimosa).... very tasty salads (mine was an arugula mix with shaved egg) and various seconds- ( the Chef accommodated my gluten free diet by changing the pasta to polenta with awesome sauce of white beans, calamari and fresh tomatoes)! Our very attentive server recommended a terrific red wine... and we finished with amazing deserts--(flourless chocolate cake! again GF!) was - well amazing. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A welcome addition to ArdsleyHarrisVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food was wonderful, service was rushed and fawning, and the noise made conversation impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newandinterestingnewandinterestingDined on 10/25/2014We were very pleased with our overall experience. Everyone involved was notable. Even the bar tender came over to check with us. The food was excellent and we would definitely return. The vibe was very friendly.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/24/2014Have been here 3 times. The food is consistently excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great just got better!WheredayawannaeatVIPDined on 10/19/2014Another enjoyable evening at this inventive restaurant owned and staffed by some great people. In addition to the existing menu and creative specials, gluten free desserts have been added to the dessert menu. We tried both new additions and they were outstanding! A must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major disappointmentShirlVIPDined on 10/18/2014Waited for months to get a reservation after reading and hearing such great reviews about this restaurant. It did not in any way meet our expectations or deserve the hype it's been getting. Our waitress of totally inept and clueless not to mention that we had to repeatedly request things. It's possible they are just short staffed, but either way the service was awful. The food was just okay and I would not recommend or go back. The hostess was lovely. Sadly, that is the only good thing I can say about L'inizio.
- hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014We love L'inizio. The food is extremely inventive and beautifully prepared. The chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients and his skill with seasonal ingredients is amazing. His wife is the pastry chef and she is equally skilled. Seating is tight, and it's a little noisy, but totally worth it!Special Features:
- Screaming ItalianACR225Dined on 10/17/2014Friday night reservation. Full house. Staff adequate for patron count. Food served timely, inventive prep, nice presentation of quality offerings. Deafeningly loud with clients screaming to be heard. Stick to a weekday meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findplbuttercupDined on 10/17/2014We were delighted with the fresh, local fare. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014This was our first experience and it was wonderful. From the apps through desert each bite was delicious. Executive Chef Scott creates a uniquely fresh, seasonal menu. The entire staff was warm and attentive. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatluvcakeDined on 10/4/2014I always look forward to dinner when I come to L'inizio. The staff treats you like family and the food is outstanding. I recommend everything! From the fantastic salads to the scrumptious desserts, go! Go! GO!Special Features:
- Very disappointingNeverDined on 10/4/2014Base on reviews we were looking forward to dinning here. Unfortunately what we encountered was an over enthusiastic poorly trained wait staff. To just lost a few issues: waiting 10 minutes for drink order, server repeating special second time as he forgot he had done this already (at the time we were the only people sitting), food was not cooked properly, portions we decent size but main item within dish was sparse (ie crab risottojad very little crab). Service was rushed (46 minutes) to receive the check, and continued request to clear our plates when it was obvious we were still eating. In an attempt to address the issues after the meal with management, it was a patronizing experience. We will not be returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/2/2014Fabulous, inventive dishes, freshest ingredients and amazing combinations of flavors. Delicious freshly made cocktails (Old Fashioned) and good value wines by the glass/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceDDDDVIPDined on 9/27/2014Dinner started off with a 25 minute delay after our 7:30pm reservation time. And the restaurant was hot, but fortunately, they sat us next to the emergency exit door, which I propped open. But after a little bit of a rough start, everything looked up from there. Our server, Joe, was a riot ... very personable and quite funny. We had some good laughs with him and our table of four. Food was very good if not excellent depending on the dish. Wine list has a lot to choose from, and all reasonably priced. With wine, appetizers, desert and coffee (and 20% gratuity), we paid $144 per couple. You can't beat the cost to value.... which is why I gave this 5 stars!Special Features:
- Already great and getting better!WheredayawannaeatVIPDined on 9/26/2014We've enjoyed many meals here and the staff is delightful and accommodating. Food is wonderful. Requested gluten free dessert and was promised it would be on the menu next time we come! Can be loud but we were told by the owner that structural changes are in coming to fix that as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeLouisDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I enjoy the entire eating at L'inzio, the appetizers and the entrees were excellent, nice size portions, the tastes and aroma were there. The wine selections with help from the staff were on the mark. The staff knew the wine and the food menus.Special Features:
- outstandingqueenofheartsVIPDined on 9/24/2014I recently attended a private party in their back room. The service was remarkable. Every guest was raving about the food and the service. There is a beautiful barn door, which allows for privacy in a very intimate setting. I highly recommend L'inizio for a small gathering or special occasion. You and your guests will feel like they are at a dinner party in your own home, L'inizio is that warm and inviting and perfect for your next event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to maintain excellenceFoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Handling the crowds with ease and no degredation in quality of food or service since opening and becoming more popular. Specials really continue to be unique and pasta the best in Westchester.Special Features:
- RaymondVIPDined on 9/20/2014Prices are very high compared to overall services, location and decor
- upscale italianhln1012VIPDined on 9/17/2014i went for a b-day celebration. we really enjoyed the food. there was a mistake with an entree; they added grated parmesan cheese not knowing my friend doesn't like it. they immediately took it back, made a new one and apologized profusely. they also gave us desserts on them to make up for it. that was very nice. the server was very upbeat and attentive.Special Features:
- Just okayBBQloverDined on 9/17/2014Found this restaurant to be just fair and overpriced for the price.
- MicheleTMicheleTDined on 9/16/2014The menu just keeps getting better and better every time. The heirloom tomato beet salad was delicious. Service was perfect as always and the special for wine on Tuesdays makes this a great place to go after a long day at work! The new dessert- pumpkin cheesecake with the brittle was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.