698 Sawmill River Rd.
Ardsley, NY 10502Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.liniziony.com/
- Phone: 9146935400x
- Hours of Operation:
5:30 to 10:00 pm
5:30 to 11:00 pm
11:30 to 3:30
5pm to 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Scott Fratangelo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from L'inizio
We strive to use seasonal,local products and incorporate them into the Italian food we love so much.
We are located at 698 Saw Mill River Road in Ardsley, NY.
We strive to use seasonal,local products and incorporate them into the Italian food we love so much.
We are located at 698 Saw Mill River Road in Ardsley, NY.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
L'inizio - Best Restaurants in Ardsley ›
L'inizio reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (74)special occasion (34)romantic (20)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (5)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OUTSTANDINGluvcakeDined on 8/30/2014This neighborhood gem has me coming back for more. L'inizio in Italian means beginning and this restaurant is truly a new beginning of tastes and flavors. I would highly recommend to all. The desserts are also worth coming for. I'm hooked! The service and staff are friendly and make you feel right at home.Special Features:
- Local gemSharonDined on 8/30/2014The food was inventive and wonderful. The service, from the warm greeting to the sincere good bye and hope you'll be back...was all wonderful. We enjoyed creative salads followed by interesting entrees. Even the special house cocktails were special.Special Features:
- Great dinnerroseeDined on 8/30/2014Went there for first time to try based on all the great reviews. The food was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food once again!ArdsleyFoodieDined on 8/26/2014We love our neighborhood gem L'inizio. The staff is fabulous and Scott is a wonderful chef. Big thumbs up. Heartily recommend everyone in the area check it out! Make your reservations now!Special Features:
- Superb RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014If I could rank L'inizio higher than "outstanding", I would! From the appetizers to the dessert, my friend and I had phenomenal food. The waiter was personable and made my friend feel special for her birthday celebration. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- BernieVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten at this restarant several times since one of our Manhattan friends who eats out almost every night at some of the city's better and best restaurants told us that the food there was as good as any of the Manhattan Italian restaurants. Our most recent experience was dining with our family and their five year old son. They all loved the place as much as we did and were very impressed by the friendliness and hospitability of the staff. Our only hesitation about recommending it is that it might become so popular that it will be difficult to get a reservation there.Special Features:
- SpeedrazorDined on 8/22/2014Drinks and appetizers were great. Entrees were very good. Desserts were very good. Next time, we will just have appetizers and maybe share an entrée.Special Features:
- Amazing ItalianChappaqua5423VIPDined on 8/14/2014Love L'Inizio! We've been several times and the food keeps getting better. Everything is farm to table fresh -- delicious ricotta with honey and grilled bread, fresh pasta with mushrooms, s'mores for dessert. Service is very attentive and, since it wasn't crowded on a Thursday night, we were able to sit and enjoy ourselves. Only criticism is that it gets very loud.Special Features:
- Excellentmal84Dined on 8/10/2014Excellent food, homemade pasta and bread were the best we have had. Living within walking distance of L'inizio, my fiancé and I will certainly be frequent visitors. The restaurant is small but very nicely decorated; rustic, very clean. The waitress and also our waitress-in-training were very good, professional, very nice and made great, knowledgeable recommendations on dishes and drinks. The menu is not overwhelming with numerous options, although it was still hard to decide as everything sounded so good. There is something on the menu for everyone. Definitely a 5-star neighborhood gem. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Going StrongUsuallyHungryVIPDined on 8/9/2014A welcome place in Ardsley after the collapse of Italian Kitchen. Excellent food in our quiet little town.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereEricGDined on 8/9/2014A bit loud, but the great food and wonderful owner make it a great night !Special Features:
- A Great find!SKSJ10Dined on 8/8/2014Simply put: The best meal I have had in years. Every part of the meal from appetizers to desserts was unique, fresh, and just left you wanting more.Special Features:
- Great local ItalianMom2C2Dined on 8/3/2014Had a wonderful dinner here on a Sunday night. It was quite busy but not too packed. Food was delicious - really good, modern Italian food. Service was a little too efficient - we had to ask for the mains to be slowed down. Our server did not give the impression of being super knowledgeable - wasn't aware that most people these days would like tuna not fully cooked! But overalls v pleasant and yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!KarenmDined on 7/31/2014We had a really nice meal here, attentive service and the noise level was far quieter than most Rivertowns restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingjbearDined on 7/30/2014So nice to finally have a neighborhood restaurant with truly exceptional food and service here in Westchester. Owners Scott and Heather who used to own Spigolo restaurant in NYC have brought there simple, modern and wonderful Italian fare to Ardsley. This a true small We had some incredibly tasty and interesting salads, pastas and fish last night and the flavors and textures were spot on. The kitchen sources top quality ingredients many from local farms and purveyors. We had an excellent fettucine with rabbit from John Fazio farm and a salad with tomato, melon and prosciutto. Prices are extremely reasonable for the quality of food they are serving. This is a must try!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- morrislazmorrislazVIPDined on 7/20/2014Wonderful food, especially for foodies...My husband had the duck and I had fish. Desserts were great...had the donuts and blueberry crisp w/ice cream.Special Features:
- Great food. way to noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014This was our first time at L'inzio and the food is excellent. We also had a very reasonable ($28), and good bottle of Cabernet. We arrived a couple of minutes after our 7:30 reservation time and were seated in the front room. for the first half hour or so the noise level was OK but the room was not full at that point. By 8:15, however, we could not hear our waiter, even though he was standing right at our table. We had read in a review that noise is an issue at this restaurant, but figured, "how bad could it be?" Well, it's really loud. I hope they will do something creative with wall hangings or flooring that would help to alleviate the situation, because the food is so good.
- Mmmm mmmm good!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014Wonderful! Food was delicious - (we had arugula salad with figs, grilled octopus, cavatelli and halibut) Love that you can get a small order of pasta! Service friendly, efficient and helpful. The only negative if there really is one is that it can be quite noisy - not a place for quiet conversation but who needs to talk when you are eating and savoring every morsel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localsharonVIPDined on 7/16/2014we love this restaurant - the food is fantastic and the service is great. It is truly a neighborhood gem. the kale salad is a must as an appetizer. we had the branzino, which was a special, it was delicious. leave room for the doughnuts! we have been to this restaurant a number of times and it never fails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDisgruntledVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food and cocktails are wonderful. Fabulous dessert of chocolate tart. Service was casual but not overly so. We sat in the back room, which seemed less noisy than the front room. My only complaint is that the chairs are uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aceArmandDined on 7/16/2014Best new restaurant. Everything was just terrific. Don't miss the cheese cake. Prices were reasonable considering the high quality. Will go bacl oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'inizio - find in ArsdleyJvenesqVIPDined on 7/13/2014Somewhat reluctant to review this restaurant. But I guess the word is already out; its an outstanding dining experience. . The pasta is as good as any pasta I have had in Italy and trust me i've eaten a lot of pasta in Italy . Main courses were also terrific. Staff is warm and make you feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minor imperfections and Dessert?luv2enjoyfoodDined on 7/12/2014The main part of the plates were excellent. It is the additions that were poor - burned cauliflower with my Duck which was excellent. The dessert was misnamed - Blueberry cobbler and not berry cobbler would be appropriate - being looking forward toward a very good meal, the dessert was a complete let down.
- Get here before the critics find itAdamGDined on 7/11/2014The food and service are top notch. This was my second visit and it was as good as the first. The woman at the door was friendly and welcoming. My first meal there was a month ago and she recognized me and welcomed me back. The staff was knowledgeable and appropriately attentive. The cocktail specials were quite good and interesting. The chicken liver appetizer was great, and the duck was delicious, w one small criticism is the sauce for the duck while intentionally sweet was a bit oversweet for my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Addition to RivertownsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2014We ate at L'inizio on a Tuesday night for an anniversary dinner. We took advantage of their half price wine night on Tuesdays bottles of wine are half price). Our server was attentive and sweet. We especially enjoyed the halibut, the pasta with wild mushrooms, and the bread pudding. We sat in the back room. We were pleased to see that the restaurant is attempting to control the noise issue (as anyone who has eaten in the Italian Kitchen space will recognize and as the NYTimes reviewer noted) by putting baffles on the ceiling.Special Features:
- localyokelDined on 7/6/2014From cocktails to appetizers to dessert -- overall a great surprise from this local gem
- We can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/3/2014Our dinner was delicious! The service was excellent......the specials were amazing....dessert was to die for! This is a 5 star meal in a cozy neighborhood restaurant . The halibut was great and the homemade donuts are worth the calories! Even my cocktail was a treat! If you want a really special meal......this is the place to go!Special Features:
- Very Good Food Overwhelmed by NoiseDisgruntledVIPDined on 6/28/2014I think that my headline says it all. On a recent Saturday night, the noise level was absolutely painful. I could not hear my boyfriend, who was sitting about six inches away. Unfortunately, despite the great food and friendly staff, I could not recommend this restaurant to friends.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2014Everything we had was excellent. My new favorite place. I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2X's a winner!DewmomDined on 6/26/20142nd visit did not disappoint. Flavorful, well prepared and presented food. A light touch with garnishes and sauces. Great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in mid WestchesterChappaqua5423VIPDined on 6/21/2014We absolutely love this restaurant. The food is great and the service, while a little slow, is friendly and accommodating. Fabulous pasta and fish and gelato is delightful. Only criticism is the parking is limited and the restaurant is very noisy. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- homecookVIPDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I enjoyed a fabulous meal here last Friday evening. This was our third time dining at L'inizio since the restaurant opened and it was nice to see a full house. The food is consistently excellent and the wait staff was friendly and informative. The hostess, also the pastry chef, was warm and inviting. We remember the Fratangelos from their wonderful former restaurant, Spigolo, in Manhattan and are thrilled that they opened L'inizio in nearby Ardsley!Special Features:
- UniqueAllyVIPDined on 6/19/2014This restaurant is a rare find in Westchester County. The menu offerings are filled with unique ingredients that combine to make vibrant, flavorful dishes that are delicious. The staff is attentive and service is excellent. The owners make you feel welcome from the moment you walk through the door. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new additionJenniferDined on 6/15/2014We had a fabulous meal at L'inizio. The food was expertly prepared and the service was excellent. This restaurant replaced Italian Kitchen which I liked, but I have to say that I am very happy with the change. The one thing I did not love was the space. The restaurant has two dining sections, connected by a bar area. The rooms do not absorb sound well, unfortunately. When we were there, there were two families seated in the same room as us who let their children scream at the top of their lungs. The waiter was very apologetic and moved us to the very front of the restaurant (where we could STILL hear the screaming). The prospect of paying $30 per entree and not being able to enjoy a quiet dinner will make me think twice about returning.Special Features:
- AmazingTrue2typeDined on 6/15/2014Ate here for the first time on Fathers' Day and was super impressed. Staff were friendly and knowledgable and very kind to my kids. I'm still craving the Chicken Liver Crostini with Rhubarb compote. We eat at Batali's restaurant in Port Chester a lot and this was every bit as good. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Surprising spottellsDined on 6/15/2014I did not know such well prepared food existed in Ardsley. I will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent but noisy local eateryIcook2Dined on 6/13/2014The menu and execution were creative without being "precious" - nor were they different merely for the sake of being different. Every ingredient was well thought out and well placed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Everything was fabulous about L'inizio. Food is fantastic Fun, vibrant atmosphere. Great coctails too. its my new favorite place.!Special Features:
- A neighborhood gemparticularDinerLBVIPDined on 6/12/2014Everything we tried was excellent, baked stuffed clams, pear salad. I had the duck and it was cooked to perfection. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Just amazingDanuDined on 6/11/2014Once again, a unique and amazing meal. Every ingredient is perfection in this wonderful intimate restaurant, and we can not believe that it still gets better each time we come. The squid ink pasta with fresh peas and octopus was a standout. Will be back for sure.Special Features: