2030 W 30th Ave.
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lingerdenver.com/
- Phone: 3039933120x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday 4:00 - 6:30pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:00-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Justin Cucci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Linger
Linger, the second concept behind Root Down's Chef/Owner Justin Cucci is located in Denver's Lower Highlands neighborhood. Linger’s vibrant menu reflects a broad farm-to-street sensibility with a spin on traditional ethnic eats. Design elements can be described as a purposeful contradiction featuring reclaimed boxcar floors, a brick ellipse, a Lite Brite bar top and infinity windows with incredible views into downtown Denver. The food, the service, the story combine to extract a feeling. Linger is like a mixtape, and we hope it connects. We’re not trying to reinvent food -- it’s simpler than that. We hope to elicit a feeling – like you get when you hear your favorite song.Continued
Linger now offers lunch!!!! Tuesday - Friday 11:30 am till 2:30 pm.
Linger now offers lunch!!!! Tuesday - Friday 11:30 am till 2:30 pm.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Linger - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Linger reviews from OpenTable diners
501 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (373)hot spot (279)neighborhood gem (264)scenic view (249)special occasion (203)good for groups (202)great for brunch (156)great for outdoor dining (156)vibrant bar scene (138)great for lunch (108)romantic (98)late-night find (65)notable wine list (37)kid-friendly (34)Show More
- Spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Fantastic place for amazing food, special occasions, and trying new things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had High ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014What the server recommended for our party of four was not enough food. Waited a long time between courses even though ee ate at 5:30 p.m. The dates and bacon were rather bland and I had heard they are one of your favorites. The cheese and pepper were an inadequate size. My table loved the scallops and salmon, but for a party of four, should have been four portions. You should do a two portion normal size, and then if there are more people per table, they could order two servings. Liked your cashew milk and similar offerings.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchThumblessDined on 10/19/2014We ended up being that group. A birthday brunch reservation that grew twice and then had some no-shows. My apologies again. They handled it like absolute pros and didn't give us any attitude for things out of our control. Food was awesome, waiter was enthusiastic and gave us the fun facts about this building. Atmosphere was vibrant and hip without being pretentious. Loved it. And so did my wife, which was the most important part because it was her birthday. Thanks LingerSpecial Features:
- Great service, good foodGeorgiedenverDined on 10/19/2014Small group of us went for brunch and it was great. Recommend reservations since they're generally pretty busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Linger losing its edge?MickiVIPDined on 10/19/2014Having dined at Linger numerous times, I know I can count on great food, great service, and a great experience. So the standard is already pretty high. But brunch last Sunday was just OK. The service still great, but the food not so much. The flavor wasn't as exciting, and presentation did not have that special touch that I'd experienced before. I hope it was just an off day, as this restaurant should be at the top of the list for the place to go in Denver.
- TrishWS13VIPDined on 10/19/2014I've put off dining at Linger because I was never sure I would like the unusual combinations of ingredients in each dish. But when I was looking for something new and different for our regular Sunday brunch, their menu was it. We dug a bit deeper into the menu, past the crowd favorites, and ordered the Ramen with pork belly & the fried rice with short ribs. Although under-seasoned (we added hot chili oil & fish sauce), these were both soulful and soul-satisfying dishes. Each was rich in flavor without the heaviness of most typical brunch dishes. Warm and unctuous, these dishes are perfect to have on a chilly Sunday morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, fun locationFitforfoodiesDined on 10/18/2014We had a great time at linger. Although a bit difficult to get a reservation on the weekend, our 9 pm dinner reservation was worth the wait. Wonderful menu and accommodating and personable employees. Plus you can't beat the Highlands when it comes to unique and fun restaurants/bars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Alissa80026Dined on 10/18/2014Absolutely loved this place! The food was creative and delicious. Drinks were as well. Recommend the New Saigon cocktail. Waiter was extremely knowledgeable, sweet, and accommodating to our vegan table. We had a 7:00 reservation and didn't get seated until 7:45, but had no problem getting a drink at the bar while we waited. If we were on more of a time crunch that would have been a big problem.Special Features:
- Decent Food; Terrible ServicenotimpressedDined on 10/18/2014While the restaurant did accommodate an additional person to our reservation, the service was terrible. We never received refills on our coffee. The server forgot half of a friend's breakfast order, delivered it to her after she'd asked for it (and everyone else had finished eating), and he still charged her for it. Another friend ordered bottomless mimosas; she didn't get a second refill. Finally, another ordered the hangover ramen, it came to her very cold. Brunch is our thing, but Linger is not.Special Features:
- Always deliciousMarggeDined on 10/17/2014We had reservations for 10:15 on Friday night for two people. We showed up with 4 people at 9:00 and they willingly adjusted our reservation and we even got to be seated earlier. We stopped at the roof top bar for drinks which is beautiful and has very fun drinks. When we were seated for dinner, the server was informed about the food choices and we had a wonderful time. Food is GREAT!Special Features:
- Loving Linger!LolaDined on 10/17/2014As we traveled a few hours down to Denver, we made a rezzie to ensure we had a table at this busy restaurant! When we walked in, our table was ready (great scheduling by the staff!) Linger is quite a lively place, with high ceilings and an open kitchen. Our server was lovely and didn't mind we were eating a light meal. Lots of interesting choices (i had the chicken bastilla) plus a good selection for my vegeterian friend (an enormous veggie crepe), made this a great experience for foodies. That is why Linger is one of my fave Denver restaurants!Special Features:
- A few hiccups, still pretty great.MelCDined on 10/17/2014I made reservations months in advance. You have to if you want to eat at Linger on a weekend. We had to wait 15 minutes past our reservation time to be seated. But once we got our table, things got better. The food was great and comes family style, and things were really doling until our last two dishes. There was a 10 minute gap in the delivery. These are small plates so 4 people eat them up in about two minutes. We also didn't get one of the desserts we ordered, or the second glass of wine I ordered. We weren't charged for the dessert, and I was abLe to get these e eventually. It's really loud and I don't think our server heard us. I'm sure I'll go back, but be ready for a super busy, super loud experience. The food is worth it though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly underwhelmedLuv2eat1313VIPDined on 10/15/2014I went here expecting it to be one of my new favorite Denver restaurants because of friends' reviews. However, I walked away underwhelmed. We waited an hour for our first tapa, and the food that came out was yes creative but not out of this world. On a positive note, their cocktails were very tasty and the view was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I highly recommend Linger for food choice, ambiance, and an overall pleasurable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun atmostpherevisitingEaterDined on 10/14/2014The food was delicious. We had a party of five and got dishes to share. The popcorn they bring to the table when you arrive is fun and tasty. The best part of the meal may have been the fall seasonal soup, some kind of squash bisque. The place was really busy on a Tuesday night, but service was attentive and the views were beautiful.Special Features:
- food is ok, love everything elseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014I've been here a few times and have always loved the service and atmosphere of this place. Top notch every time! The food is meant to be shared, it comes in very small portions. We ordered several plates: Sweet Potato Waffle Fries, Sliders, Civieche, Chilli Relleno, Salmon, Pot Stickers, Pork Bun, Pork Tacos. We loved every single dish except The Pork Tacos and The Pork Bun. The Pork Tacos were HORRIBLE. The use of ginger in tacos is a complete mistake. Awful. The Pork Bun was...weird. The "bun" felt very doughy and the sweetness of the pork was odd. It reminded me of apple pie with pork in it. But I can't rave enough about the Sweet Potato Waffle Fries and the Salmon...OMG. Best. Salmon. EVER. Too bad it couldn't be my whole meal.Special Features:
- bribosDined on 10/12/2014Everything was great. Brought a guest from NYC that grew up in Paris. She thought the bottled wine prices were high and the wine list difficult to comprehend but loved the wine that she chose. Food prices are very fair. We had a great waiter. We did wish that you would have had valet parking. We were there on a Sunday night. Overall, would give four and a half stars as a rating. This was our second visit.Special Features:
- Linger-ed at BrunchSharlaDined on 10/12/2014After repeatedly seeing Linger on Food and Wine "best of" lists we had to try. It did not disappoint. Our waiter was Gish. Honest and knowledgeable, which are both key to enjoying a dining experience. Will definitely will be requesting his section on future visits. After brunch we wandered up to the bar. Very cool space. We sat to have some tasting pours of mezcal. Cory, the bartender, was not familiar with spirits at all. She also continually coughed -- openly, without regard for the fact she's in food service. That really was the only negative of our 2+ hours visit. (a comment card was given to the manager praising Gish & notifying of Cory)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific foodLovegoodfoodDined on 10/11/2014Very interesting, tasty plates and pretty environment. On a Saturday evening, however, the service was quite slow and the noise and activity level high/distracting from a good meal experience.Special Features:
- Creative and tastyJoedriverDined on 10/11/2014A very busy place with a creative menu. Quality of the food and service was very high. Not a quiet place. We will be back even though we live a long distance away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant SceneFoodie4UDined on 10/10/2014Linger is such an electric place located in one of Denver's hottest neighborhoods! I love their eclectic menu. There's always something new to the taste buds to try. Great service and wait staff. Very attentive! Love Linger and look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional foodFoodlvrDined on 10/10/2014unexpected combinations that tickle the tastebuds & make you smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wixin1314Dined on 10/8/2014My only complaint was that I made my reservation 6 weeks in advance requesting a window table. Then I called 2 weeks in advance to make sure. The person said yes we did have a window table. When we got there we were seated one back from the window. They just said sorry we can't seat you by the windowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch venueMAColoDined on 10/7/2014Interesting and updated menu. The bento box was fabulous. Easy to get to and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unusual thought provokingPapaDined on 10/7/2014Love the site, the way they have created interesting menu items, small plate offerings, not farm hand portionsSpecial Features:
- Not my type of foodFitforFoodieVIPDined on 10/7/2014I had read the menu online beforehand, so I thought I knew what I would order, and I did. I ordered a Greek salad -- which sounded wonderful -- but didn't taste like any Greek salad I had ever had before. It was edible, but not enjoyable. My luncheon partner, however, LOVED her choice! The server was warm and gracious, the setting was unique, and I truly value being able to have a private conversation with my companion even though we were only a few feet from our next closest neighbor. Because I love food, generally, and eagerly look forward to a good meal, I would not go back. Otherwise, the restaurant was delightful. It is just "not my cup of tea".I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!FbarronDined on 10/5/2014Celebrated our first anniversary here, I was delighted with our server with his recommendations. Would totally recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun atmosphere, but poor servicemoshmomDined on 10/5/2014Atmosphere, food and cocktails were good. Unfortunately, service was less than fantastic. Two dishes came in a reasonable amount of time. After that we felt forgotten as about 30 minutes went by and no sign of our other dishes. Our server seemed to know the people at the table next to us and kept sitting to talk with them, sometimes for 10 minutes at a time, while we continued to wait. When our food finally came, the other server who brought it mildly acknowledged our wait, but offered no apology. Our server continued to sit with the people at the next table. After their meal, the table next to us were offered a special treat, compliments of the kitchen, while we received no acknowledgement of our lack of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some Hype, Some MeriteatitandquititDined on 10/5/2014Linger is a cool place and has food that can be eaten. However, it seems like one of those places that you can be a victim of what you order. I had the adobo pork benedict (which was tasty) and my girlfriend had the sliders (which weren't really so tasty).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014AWESOME. View: fantastic. Drinks outrageous especially the New Saigon. We tasted/tested just about everything on the menu - everything was excellent. Price more than reasonable. Ambience top notch. Service great. I live in Phoenix, travel constantly and I feel this restaurant matches with anything in the country in this genre. Thank you - had a fantastic evening at your placeSpecial Features:
- Would be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014We truly enjoyed the unique menu of Linger and would definitely go back. The one thing we'd change is that of food wasn't served very hot.Special Features:
- Always great!ColoradoFunDined on 10/4/2014Went to Linger again with friends that wanted to try it. They were not disappointed, and everything was great as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problem with Gift CertificateRickDined on 10/4/2014Over all I would rate this restaurant high, but the gift certificate we presented was not in their system causing some embarrassment for us. The certificate was a print out, not a plastic card. The original gift certificate was sent to a wrong email. A second one was requested and sent to us, but the bar code was not recognized by the restaurant, even though it came from the restaurant management. After explaining this to management and saying that we had the email paper trail the manager was very apologetic and requested that we send the emails to him, which we did that evening. He did not ask for us to pay the bill but did take identification information. That was on 10/4/14, today is 10/6/14 and we have not heard any feedback yet.
- We'll go againWestminsteredDined on 10/2/2014Most ununusual menu from around world. Server (John) was generous with his time and advice. Very attentive without overdoing it. No pressure to leave. Delicious food though portions are small considering they are meant to be shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still on of my favorites!FoodloverVIPDined on 10/1/2014I've been to Linger a few times now for various occasions and I am never disappointed. It's so nice to find a restaurant that has both consistently good food and service. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great meal, but make reservations ahead of time......Special Features:
- AwesomeelianacbDined on 9/28/2014Was stopping for a few days in Colorado and this was a recommendation someone gave me, and turned out to be great! Love the concept and dishes. I wish there was a place exactly like this in every city!would love to try everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfan2Dined on 9/28/2014It was my second enjoyable experience at Linger. The wait staff was superb, extremely helpful and just the amount of attentiveness. The food was a wondrous mix of flavors, creatively prepared and delicious.Special Features:
- Love to "linger" at Linger....coloradomomDined on 9/28/2014This restaurant is fantastic. The servers are so knowledgeable about the entire menu. The bar drinks are generously sized. The view from the rooftop should not be missed. We love this place!Special Features:
- Great service & amazing food!kennyDined on 9/28/2014We came in for brunch with a small group of girls & had amazing service and the food was phenomenal! Our servers were knowledgeable, helpful & funny! We really enjoyed our experience and will definitely be going back next time we are in Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Liked that we could take our mimosas to the patio after lunch. Waitress very Friendly .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.