2030 W 30th Ave.
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lingerdenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 993-3120
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday 4:00 - 6:30pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:00-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Justin Cucci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Linger
Linger, the second concept behind Root Down's Chef/Owner Justin Cucci is located in Denver's Lower Highlands neighborhood. Linger’s vibrant menu reflects a broad farm-to-street sensibility with a spin on traditional ethnic eats. Design elements can be described as a purposeful contradiction featuring reclaimed boxcar floors, a brick ellipse, a Lite Brite bar top and infinity windows with incredible views into downtown Denver. The food, the service, the story combine to extract a feeling. Linger is like a mixtape, and we hope it connects. We’re not trying to reinvent food -- it’s simpler than that. We hope to elicit a feeling – like you get when you hear your favorite song.Continued
Linger now offers lunch!!!! Tuesday - Friday 11:30 am till 2:30 pm.
Linger now offers lunch!!!! Tuesday - Friday 11:30 am till 2:30 pm.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Linger - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Linger reviews from OpenTable diners
496 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (372)hot spot (291)neighborhood gem (264)scenic view (236)good for groups (203)special occasion (196)great for brunch (143)great for outdoor dining (140)vibrant bar scene (139)great for lunch (103)romantic (88)late-night find (64)notable wine list (42)kid-friendly (30)Show More
- Blown awayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/19/2014We are always impressed with the food, but my daughter was totally blown away for her first visit. She is already making plans to bring her friends over the holidays. And we want to come back to try all the dishes we didn't try this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TabsterVIPDined on 11/19/2014I have a great many positive comments about the restaurant and my prior trips had only been for cocktails. The food is excellent. I miss the great view of the Denver skyline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!EcoDenveriteDined on 11/16/2014Went here for an anniversary celebration. When the wait staff found out, they brought us free champagne and a signed post-card. Exceptional service all around. The food, and drinks, are consistently excellent as well. I'd highly recommend Linger - try the buns! Good vegetarian selections for those who are interested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly noisyRandymanDined on 11/16/2014The food was good, not great. It was so loud you could hardly hear the person right next to you at the table, like being in a bar on a Friday night. Our waitress was totally out of it, appeared to be really stoned. We would try it again but maybe wait until next summer when we could be out on the patio and hopefully have a better waitress/waiter.
- Good food, good scene.rddtf3Dined on 11/15/2014The food and drinks were delicious! We had an 8:30 reservation and were seated prompted at that time. One of our plates took longer than expected so they sent us a complimentary plate in the meantime. My only regret was not trying dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasic Food, Service, and Ambiance $$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014The wait staff were on their top game. They were polite, prompt, engaging, but simultaneously out of the way and allowing you to enjoy company. The BBQ Duck buns were delicious, the lemon grass chicken potstickers were just as fantastic, and the chili relleno we awesome. The building is stylish and unique, and the fact it's an old mortuary makes it all the more interesting. I would highly recommend eating here. I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come here if you are in Denver.eyemacmanDined on 11/12/2014A hidden gem outside of downtown Denver. The staff was personable, professional and accommodating. We were seated as soon as we entered the restaurant. The wait staff was very attentive and made sure that our food would cater to our unique allergies and intolerances. The style of food is a mixture from different cultures and is portioned in smaller plate sizes so that one may be able to sample a wide variety of dishes. The food came out at a perfect pace so that we were never waiting for something to eat. We sent some of our friends from our meeting to Linger and they raved about their dinners as well. Thank you for the great dining experience. Hope to come back the next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SherpamomDined on 11/11/2014We were 4 ladies celebrating my daughter's engagement, after looking at wedding dresses. The waiter was delightful, suggesting that he pick our plates. We were all delighted with the choices. A delightful lunch! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lingering DisappointmentBeccaDined on 11/9/2014Unfortunately, our experience at Linger did not match up to its great reviews. We had reservations for 7:30 and had to wait 30 minutes to be seated, which would have been fine except that we were told twice during that time that our table was ready only to come down from the upstairs bar for it to not be ready. Additionally both glasses of wine that I ordered were very-sub par, not meeting the $10+ price tags at all. The food was also very average for its price. Overly hot sauced pot-stickers, an unspiced masala dosa, and very average fish tacos. The food was by no means bad but definitely not worth the price. Our service was also pretty unremarkable. Our waiter made me feel like it was a chore to serve us.Special Features:
- MomofFourDined on 11/9/2014This restaurant never lets us down. The food is beautifully presented and the flavors are complex and well planned. This time we took our children with us and they were very accommodating and kind to our kids.Special Features:
- Brunch BroSaysaDined on 11/9/2014Love Linger! It's always a hit for Brunch. I am still needing to try out the dinner meals that I've heard are great too!! Get the French toast if you have a sweet tooth! It won't disappoint. I've never tried anything I don't like on Lingers brunch menu. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LINGER never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014Service was great, atmosphere super-fun, and the food was fantastic. Great place to bring out of town guests!Special Features:
- Excellent spot....FuninColoDined on 11/8/2014We had an excellent server who really added to the unique dining experience. He was very helpful explaining the menu and the food. Although too cool outside when we were there, the restauruant has big overhead doors along the wall that would make a great open-air experience. We'll definately be back to check that out. To top it off, if you want to take a stroll for desert, you're next door to Little Man Ice Cream. The whole evening couldn't have been better. Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Brunch was DELICIOUS!!! Drinks were a plus. Would definitely have brunch here again.Special Features:
- Linger BrunchEcraskDined on 11/8/2014Great place to hang out with friends. The ambiance is great and their food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check out LingerEatYourHeartOutDined on 11/8/2014The food was creative and tasty, not your typical bar and grill fare. We were seated up by the bar area, which was much quieter than the main restaurant area and had a decent view. Next time I'd like to try the roof deck which is supposed to have a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014We love Linger. Great food, great service. A bit loud, but I love the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColoradoanDined on 11/7/2014I was kind of disappointed with the food but the restaurant build out was awesome and the atmosphere was very vibrant.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerLingerFanDined on 11/6/2014My friends and I had a wonderful birthday dinner and we were very pleased with the service. Your team is hardworking and friendly. Linger is a very special place in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- FANtastic!KarenDined on 11/5/2014Great service - from friendly staff at the door, to our outstanding waitress (Kia) - it was the "usual" for Linger! Nothing short of outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Food portions were incredibly small and very expensive. The service was very fast, but very impersonable, and actually quite awkward. It was almost too fast...we barely had time to talk and were in and out in 45 minutes. It was also very loud and way too dim. I expected a lot more.Special Features:
- Hip and deliciousFoodLoverDined on 11/2/2014A foodie friend recommended this little gem. Reservations are a must. We went Saturday morning a few hours before our reservation and ut was packed and they directed us to the upper seating area. The upper seating is first come first serve and we snagged a booth for two by the window. The decor was fun and quirky, the eggs bennidicts we ordered were perfectly done, crab cake was crispy and fresh, the steamed duck and chicken buns were amazing. All with free valet parking. Love this place and will be back.Special Features:
- great brunchvwgwen420Dined on 11/2/2014Server had great reccomendations and service. My second visit and both visits exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CombosOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Food was excellent. Very unusual combos but amazing taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service!Luv2brunchDined on 11/1/2014I planned a surprise brunch for my cousin's recent engagement. There were many details and everyone was so accommodating. We received complimentary champagne which was above and beyond thoughtful. The food is absolutely delicious, the ambiance is comfortable and inviting, and the service was impeccable. It was a day we will never forget! Thank you to everyone at linger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysF00dieintrainingVIPDined on 10/31/2014Linger has quickly become one of our favorites. There's always something new to try and we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with friendsBigtexDined on 10/30/2014Great place with a group and friends. It's very modern and fun to visit. I've been back many times. Be sure to book early as it gets full fast. I really like their Sliders and Waffle Fries. The menu is expansive and the plates come as share style mini plates. Great place to return and try a variety of things. Even though they have a large selection they don't skimp on quality. Their cocktails are well made as well. Definitely worth going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for varied flavorsez2pleaseDined on 10/30/2014went on a calm afternoon, service was great, shared 3 plates, everything fresh, tasty and exciting.... all wait staff friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Fabulous experienceScarletbs83Dined on 10/29/2014Besides the top-notch food, The ambience, views, and service make for an amazing experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummmmplate2plateDined on 10/28/2014Fantastic food and wine. Décor is very hipster. Atmosphere is a little bit loud so conversations are a little strained. I loved that the servers provided recommendations on the best way to eat a particular dish and described what was on the plate. Totally recommend it.Special Features:
- Great food - horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014I love this place. Been there many, many times. However, the service has continued to decline. The service I received the other night was simply terrible. Took the waitress almost 15 minutes to take a drink order, apps came out but failed to tell us they were out of one we ordered until another one came, rude, etc.Special Features:
- Did Not Fit the Hypedd1062Dined on 10/26/2014Linger was a nice place to say we have eaten at once. Due to no real assist in request, only decent quality food/service, and a loud environment, our trip did not meet expectations. It was not a place we would wish to go back to it. It just did not meet all rave expectations.Special Features:
- Good looks but not foodLovetoeatDined on 10/26/2014My friends warned me that it was a hip cool place, but the food was mediocre. I should have listened.Special Features:
- It was OKMelHDined on 10/26/2014We love Root Down and had heard that Linger, being the sister restaurant, was even better. Plus, it's always on the 'best restaurants of Denver' lists. For my husbands birthday, we decided to try something different. The atmosphere was killer! Wait staff was great. Food...meh. Everything we had kept having ingredients that were way too overpowering. It just wasn't good. We kept thinking that the next dish would be better, but it wasn't. They did give him a birthday desert that was to die for. I think we'll stick to Root Down for food, Linger for the bar/atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The staff was kind, attentive and knowledgeable. The wine was fabulous!Special Features:
- One of a kind menu and vibeLinger2lingerDined on 10/25/2014We had a group of 8 seniors for brunch who enjoyed the variety or offerings and excellent service. Chris, our server made us feel at home and did not rush at all and explained the entrees and made excellent recommendations. We sat at a window table, only to later realize the window was open and enjoyed a beautiful sunny fall day. The menu is very diverse and reasonably prices. I would recommend it to anyone with an adventurous spirit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!FoodieLifeDined on 10/24/2014What a gem! We had dinner at Linger during a weekend visit to Denver from Chicago. Everything we ate was delicious! The duck wings are highly recommended! Although our service was pretty slow (we waited upwards of 15 minutes for our second course) -- the food was well worth the wait.Special Features:
- ReviewGoooodDined on 10/24/2014The servers are always amazing here, very helpful with the menu and not pushySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night out, good valueWordDined on 10/24/2014The bad: We were crammed in a tiny booth, steak salad came out without steak on it, server didn't offer us dessert before presenting the check. The good: Great ambience , city views , rooftop dining, food was excellent, so was the bill. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014great food great looking restaurant. a bit too loud and the beat techno music isn't what I'd pick to enjoy a dining experience, it mad me a little edgy. Skip the fish tacos not worth it and fried. Scallops and the devils on horseback were are favorites. Service is really great, lots of people checking in to see if you need anything.Special Features: