2030 W 30th Ave.
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lingerdenver.com/
- Phone: 3039933120x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday 4:00 - 6:30pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:00-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Justin Cucci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Linger
Linger, the second concept behind Root Down's Chef/Owner Justin Cucci is located in Denver's Lower Highlands neighborhood. Linger’s vibrant menu reflects a broad farm-to-street sensibility with a spin on traditional ethnic eats. Design elements can be described as a purposeful contradiction featuring reclaimed boxcar floors, a brick ellipse, a Lite Brite bar top and infinity windows with incredible views into downtown Denver. The food, the service, the story combine to extract a feeling. Linger is like a mixtape, and we hope it connects. We’re not trying to reinvent food -- it’s simpler than that. We hope to elicit a feeling – like you get when you hear your favorite song.Continued
Linger now offers lunch!!!! Tuesday - Friday 11:30 am till 2:30 pm.
Linger now offers lunch!!!! Tuesday - Friday 11:30 am till 2:30 pm.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Linger - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Linger reviews from OpenTable diners
545 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (400)hot spot (287)scenic view (271)neighborhood gem (268)special occasion (243)great for outdoor dining (193)great for brunch (190)good for groups (188)vibrant bar scene (158)great for lunch (132)romantic (98)late-night find (83)notable wine list (42)kid-friendly (37)Show More
- Never disappointstrixieDined on 8/17/2014We have eaten a dozen times here throughout the year and it doesn't matter lunch or dinner- it's all good! Cocktails and the great views on top or cozy in the dining room snug in a booth, the family friends we bring always think this place is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingly unique foodDiamondsintheroughDined on 8/17/2014Food was great. We were there for sunday brunch. Mediteranean omelet was the best ever for my wife. The Ramen dish was tasty and fun; you can spice it with the condiments accompanying the meal. Delicious ginger iced tea. Service was good. Only downer was the noise. Kinda loud in rhe main room. But, go for the food. And, make a reservation. It gets busy for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014Linger always delivers an excellent dining experience. The space is fun, open and interesting, the servers friendly and knowledgeable - and the food is really good!Special Features:
- Lingered at Linger1sttimegmaDined on 8/16/2014Really enjoyed my visit to brunch at Linger over the weekend, food was innovative and selfish and the service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Brunchcynful1Dined on 8/16/2014Linger has an enticing brunch menu with new twists on traditional brunch items. In addition, it is a hotspot atmosphere located in LoHi with great views of LoDo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decadent Eggs Benedict BrunchDenverDiner0Dined on 8/16/2014Couldn't have asked for a better experience. No complaints about the service or ambiance. The menu was one of my favorite parts and the food tasted amazing. I ordered the Benedict, something I've never ordered before and not something I would say I like on average, but was highly recommended by our server. It tasted amazing but could only eat half of the entree. I had no complaints while dining, but after leaving I felt sluggish and sort of heartburny for few hours. My body was having a hard time digesting lol -- but something to be expected after eating spicy rich hollandaise sauce atop a friend plantain cake. It's not a complaint at all, mostly an observation for next time that Hollandaise is as rich as it gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Denver!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I visited Denver last week/weekend and visited several great restaurants. Linger was by far, the best!! The rooftop bar / waiting area was wonderful and very open and spacious. This made the wait very comfortable. The drinks were tasty and strong. The food was just unbelievably good. Everyone needs that fried rice in their life!! We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!omnomnomDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I really loved the food, atmosphere, and the service! Such a great spot in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sheilaroseDined on 8/15/2014good foods and enjoyable good service interesting placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerfirsttimeDined on 8/14/2014Food was very good but service was slow. We were brought a couple of dishes that we did not order.
- Worth the waitViennaGirlDined on 8/12/2014It isn't easy to get a dinner reservation at Linger. The experience once seated was very nice, a bit of a surprise because we didn't know exactly what to expect. It didn't disappoint. Our server, Shannon England, was very knowledgeable and personable. In all, we enjoyed it and we've already made the next dinner reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itNoffDined on 8/12/2014Loved the open concept and large open windows. Made me feel like I was outside. Roof is really cool. Food was good and small courses allow you to not overeat.Special Features:
- Above and beyond ...40skidDined on 8/10/2014I was planning a surprise birthday dinner for my wife, and the guest list changed, then changed again. Hostess Katy went out of her way to accommodate us and manager Shannon was delightful. We've eaten there before, and the food - perfect for sharing and superbly suited to drawing groups closer together - was excellent (as it always is). This is a fun place to break out of the "steak and fries" mode and put a little adventure in your dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go there for brunch and sit outsidefoodiecutieVIPDined on 8/10/2014Not that Linger needs another glowing recommendation, but I still want to put my 2-cents in the mix. Eclectic menu that cuts across almost all the continents, so there was definitely plenty of dishes to choose from. Went there for brunch with some friends and got a table in the back next to an open window, with a view of the street and the giant milk jug ice cream shop. What a perfect spot to people watch while enjoying your meal. Banh mi bun: full of flavor in every bite. They are small so order a few to share BBQ duck bun: it was good, but definitely does not compare to the banh mi bun Peach bellini mimosa was too sour for me and came in an unattractive water glass. Even though it was bottomless mimosa, I would not recommendSpecial Features:
- Unique MenuTannerJDined on 8/9/2014A unique menu with a twist, great options for vegans, vegetarians and everyone else. Awesome views of Denver from the patio, really noisy if dining inside. If the weather is good, opt for the patio.Special Features:
- Russ SkillingsOLingertodieforDined on 8/9/2014I was impressed with the service first. I did an online reservation and apparently someone read it and knew we were celebrating a birthday. The waitress researched the carb content of my wife's order and alerted the manager who also helped advise us. All three entrees were outstanding. The complimentary birthday dessert put it over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't linger again at Linger.milehinativeDined on 8/9/2014Linger is certainly a happening place. We loved the idea that it was in the former Olinger's Mortuary, where my dad worked as a funeral director in the 1950's. We had a hard time finding anything on the menu that we wanted to try. We ordered the Breakfast Dosa without the cilantro oil. It was very interesting and pretty tasty, though I don't think I'd order it again. It was so noisy in the restaurant that it was difficult to have a conversation. We enjoyed the decor and chuckled when we were told that the water bottles at the table used to be used for embalming fluid, or else they were made to look like the old bottles. Probably wont go back because of the noise level and the menu, but it was a memorable and nostalgic experience.Special Features:
- Delicious "street" foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014The brunch time chorizo tacos were delicious! The tortillas were fluffy and the flavors well-balanced. The adobo benedict was addicting with perfectly poached eggs on top of a bed of pork and fry bread. Service was very attentive with questioning concern for everyone's allergies and intolerances (no one at our table had such problems). They even offered almond milk with the shakes and coffee. Restaurant was very loud but somehow it was not difficult to carry on a conversation. Loved the open feeling of the high ceilings and huge windows - great vibe! HIGHLY recommend and we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our experience at Linger and have recommended it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!SteveDined on 8/9/2014I brought my wife to Linger for brunch for her birthday. The food was great and the service was spectacular. I highly recommend Linger for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChattyCathy1Dined on 8/8/2014The food, service, ambience and service were great. Always enjoy the place.Special Features:
- Very vegan friendlyTheloneVeganDined on 8/7/2014I am the only one of my friends that has a vegan diet, so it is difficult to find places that are equally meat and vegan friendly. Linger meets this criteria with high reviews on both counts. The food is fantastic, hands down. There are not only vegan-friendly options, but they are delicious and worthy of praise. (Many vegans may find food they can eat in a dining establishment, but we come to be able to make much more marvelous food items at home.) Linger vegan items are worthy of spending an evening away from one's own vegan creations and may inspire you for future dishes. The service is excellent and the ambiance is nice. At last, a place where my meat loving friends and I can walk away equally impressed with our dining experience!Special Features:
- BrunchDenverGalVIPDined on 8/3/2014All 5 of us loved our brunch there! I like the unique things on their menu and everything I tried both times (thankfully, my table mates share!) I have been there has been just great. We will go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014I've so far only been to Linger for Brunch... and it's my favorite! The first time I went without a reservation and had a long wait- which we really enjoyed spending in the bar with bottomless mimosas that could be carried over to our table (score!). The food is outstanding and service is always fast and friendly. This place knows how to carefully turn out handcrafted plates quickly.Special Features:
- 30th Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014We had a fantastic brunch to celebrate my husband's 30th birthday. We were an hour late for the table we reserved but the host found us a table anyway. Table service was excellent as usual and the staff were very informed about the menu. The menu itself was creative and interesting- far better than your typical brunch fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is pretty but too saltyLesssaltpleaseDined on 8/3/2014We love the atmosphere but the food seems to be saltier every time we visit. Great gluten free options. Great service. Definite hot spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014The food was superb! The rooftop bar had wonderful views and makes getting their early for a reservation a must do! The decor and setting were perfect. Overall, I would return to this restaurant time and time again!Special Features:
- Great timeAdrianeatsDined on 8/2/2014The food was awesome. The server and manager were both great. The hostesses made me feel like I needed to be out by a certain time which wasa little stressfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slowTallandHungryVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food and drinks were tasty but the experience was diminished by really, really slow service. We had a group of 6 -- not uncommon at a brunch spot -- and the tables around us ordered and were served well before we received our brunch. The server was new and he offered to comp us an item as he realized how glacial the food order was, and then the bill showed up with no comp and no mention of why no comp. Bizarre. Not sure we're in a rush to go back ...Special Features:
- Great for BrunchdenverfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Been here many times for dinner, and quite happy with that side of things. This was the first time for brunch, and I have to say based on what I had that this is one of the best brunch experiences in Denver. Really enjoyed the variety and uniqueness of the plates.Special Features:
- Gluten-Free HeavenGinaDined on 8/1/2014Linger has been the brightest spot of our gluten-free "dining-out" year. There were oodles of fantastic gluten-free choices -- even sweet potato fries with chipotle ketchup! Our server was knowledgeable and took my celiac status very seriously. We were DELIGHTED with the food, service, and ambience. We can't wait to return. I just wish there was one in Fort Collins. This is a very creative restaurant -- not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencetegdenDined on 8/1/2014We have waited quite awhile to visit Linger. Mostly, because it is difficult to get reservations on the spur of the moment. It was worth the wait. The evening started w/nice hostesses, who kept us updated on our table. Our server was very attentive, and knowledgeable, and had a good sense of humor. We appreciated the way the food was delivered, and the portion sizes, making it easy to share, and "linger" over the food, instead of feeling rushed to complete an appetizer and then an entree course. The food was excellent. Only a few dishes were a little heavy on the salt, and that is probably, only, because we don't eat much salt. The variety in the menu made it appealing to the entire party. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- LingerKeeganDined on 8/1/2014Great food, location and service. I loved the building and was very impressed by the level of service we received. The food was delicious and perfectly proportioned. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- ConfusedEasytopleaseDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant has all the ingredients to offer a wonderful dining experience: beautiful and warm ambience, friendly and attentive staff, and an interesting menu. Yet there is a missing piece. The dining experience lacked a certain level of professionalism that comes with a restaurant's maturation. The expos seemed unsure of the dish's contents, the tasty drinks were served just above room temp. But the one element that confused me most was that the watermelon salad which was on the top of the recommendation list of our server came with fire hot peppers that were neither referenced on the menu nor mentioned by the server. Coughing and sweating prevented me from talking to my date for 5 minutes, while I assume she surfed tinder.Special Features:
- Birthday to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014The staff went out of their way to make our celebration special. The food, wine, and ambiance were all excellent. We sat on the rooftop where the crowd was festive. I would recommend indoors for romantic occasions. Our group shared numerous appetizers and dinner items, each tasty in its unique way. Being from the south I'm picky about my shrimp and grits and I was suspicious of the ingredients listed on the menu. It was a very pleasantly surprising combination that would be welcomed on any upscale New Orleans menu. That's sayin' somethin' ya'll.Special Features:
- Linger a little longer...WildroseDined on 7/30/2014Because of the rain, we went earlier than the late reservation we had made. Accomodations were nicely made! Our waiter, John, was knowledgeable and helpful. The food was amazing and had a different twist than most places. The decor is fun and I think it would be fabulous to be there on a day where they could open all the "garage door" windows! I liked that I could watch the food prep. we will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014We had a great dinner experience. First time back at Linger since the opening 3 years ago. Really enjoyed the food, drinks and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So accommodating, and great food!Dawn27Dined on 7/27/2014What a great brunch for our family. Excellent food, great atmosphere. extremely vegan friendly. The minute I told them I was vegan the waitress made sure to mention all the dishes they could make vegan and they were delicious! Especially the tofu bun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blew my mindDenverFoodieDined on 7/27/2014I have been to Linger for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed it, but it's hard to get a reservation. My parents were in town so we made a reservation for brunch (which was very easy). It was so good I can hardly get over it. We all ordered something different and each one of us had food envy for each other. But the table winner was the fried rice (yes, for brunch). Bottomless mimosas that you can take to the rooftop after you're done eating sealed the deal. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best mortuary restaurantJackieg303VIPDined on 7/26/2014Loved Linger! From an awesome setting and amazing rooftop bar (with RV) to wonderfully-prepared food and great service, this is one of my favorite Denver restaurants. The menu is original and creative; taste sensations.Special Features: