2030 W 30th Ave.
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lingerdenver.com/
- Phone: 3039933120x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday 4:00 - 6:30pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:00-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Justin Cucci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Linger
Linger, the second concept behind Root Down's Chef/Owner Justin Cucci is located in Denver's Lower Highlands neighborhood. Linger’s vibrant menu reflects a broad farm-to-street sensibility with a spin on traditional ethnic eats. Design elements can be described as a purposeful contradiction featuring reclaimed boxcar floors, a brick ellipse, a Lite Brite bar top and infinity windows with incredible views into downtown Denver. The food, the service, the story combine to extract a feeling. Linger is like a mixtape, and we hope it connects. We’re not trying to reinvent food -- it’s simpler than that. We hope to elicit a feeling – like you get when you hear your favorite song.Continued
Linger now offers lunch!!!! Tuesday - Friday 11:30 am till 2:30 pm.
Linger now offers lunch!!!! Tuesday - Friday 11:30 am till 2:30 pm.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Linger - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Linger reviews from OpenTable diners
513 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (392)hot spot (290)neighborhood gem (264)scenic view (257)special occasion (219)good for groups (196)great for outdoor dining (172)great for brunch (163)vibrant bar scene (140)great for lunch (109)romantic (100)late-night find (76)notable wine list (38)kid-friendly (34)Show More
- Linger always deliversBobfVIPDined on 9/27/2014Every time we eat at Linger we come away wondering how do they do it. Their dishes are so varied yet every one of them is perfectly prepared and delicious. The other thing that is amazing about Linger is how often they change their menu. On this visit most of the dishes we ate we have never had there before. One note about the service. The servers know the menu backwards and forwards, so if you are unsure about what to order or just don't want to work your way through the extensive menu, just ask your server to bring out dishes. That's what the four of us did and John, our server, didn't disappoint. This is a busy, energetic restaurant and reservations are a must. Don't miss this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always fun...PaulaVIPDined on 9/27/2014We absolutely love Linger. We have been several times, always a fun and great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experience...EventuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I had never been to brunch at Linger, but had heard good things, so I brought my boyfriend and an out-of-town visitor. The service and food were really good, as soon as the server realized we were there! Someone stopped by to provide water, but then no one greeted us for 20 minutes. We finally flagged down one of the servers, who graciously took our drink and food orders. Our original server then came over with our coffees, and apologized, saying it was her first brunch shift. She was sweet, and the meal was great. But I was really bummed that it took so long for someone to notice us, as I had steered my visitor friend away from Snooze (no one wants to wait 90 minutes for a pancake!) promising a much better experience. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wagyu SlidersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Great food, great service, great rooftop view and an all around amazing dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Always a fun timeRicharddadVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great time with friends and family, service was outstanding and of course the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014We had 4 items from menu. 2 very good, one OK, one poor. Such variety makes it hard to mix and match flavors.Special Features:
- great findCHEFLEWDined on 9/24/2014First visit and was impressed with menu and super attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Linger is awesome for any occassionDanHanleyDined on 9/24/2014Linger has become my favorite place to meet donors and to go out with family/friends. Service is amazing so you can focus on why you're there. Food choices are incredible.Special Features:
- Long lunchLWLWKDined on 9/24/2014We decided to take our friend out for a baby 'sprinkle' and were looking for a place that would have a comfortable/cozy feel and also good food. Linger was perfect. We had a large booth near an open window with a view of the whole restaurant. All of the food was delicious, our waiter was super helpful and we never felt rushed. We were able to sit for hours and just keep ordering food and chatting. I've been here at night and really enjoyed it, but this lunch was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingAerahVIPDined on 9/21/2014I was incredibly underwhelmed. All our dishes arrived to the table lukewarm and honestly weren't that tasty. Won't be back.
- Decent Brunch -Great cocktailRupaDined on 9/21/2014My cocktail was very good. My meal was decent, but I asked for the filling of my Dosa to be put on the side and I was assured that it was, but in the end it was not. This results in the dosa being more soggy. Also, they did not serve enough of the sambar. Dosa should be served with more sambar always.
- Delicious food, great serviceChill0529Dined on 9/20/2014My friends and I came here to celebrate our friend's bachelorette dinner. We had a blast! The waiter was very friendly and witty and gave us great recommendations on our food and drinks. The food was delicious (portions are a tad small but tasty none the less). We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Denver Intro 4 Out of TownersWaheDishDined on 9/20/2014We took two out-of-town friends from San Francisco to show them LoHi and the lively Denver scene on a Friday night. The food was excellent - you never go wrong with the Devils on Horseback. The libations were excellent. Our waitress was very helpful in determining the portions to meet our hunger and was attentive to the table without hovering. After dinner we went to the roof top to enjoy the view and more libations. I've never been disappointed with Linger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysJackVIPDined on 9/20/2014Only complaint would be the cherry tart dessert, both my wife and I thought it didn't taste fresh, not like a cherry pie should in fall. Otherwise, a great date night.Special Features:
- Fabulous evening!LisaAVIPDined on 9/20/2014Linger was absolutely fabulous! Our small group ordered 5-6 small plates and all but one was noteworthy. Delicious flavors! The service was also stellar; we were busy catching up and were in no rush... and our server gave us as much time as we wanted without rushing us out to clear our table.Special Features:
- great experiencedatenite14Dined on 9/20/2014Had an amazing time at Lingers. Food was incredible, great selections to choose from, our server was very helpful and very personable. Overall it was a wonderful evening and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN Cool late night find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Came to Denver for a Girls Weekend, needed a fun new place to try and it needed to be open late! Found Linger and sooo glad we did! The food was interesting as we all tried something new and different, the drinks were delicious, the atmosphere was cool in that it had the uptown vibe but comfortable. Would highly recommend this to visitors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceMikeMahonDined on 9/18/2014Linger is always great. Sharing food with friends allows everyone to have a lot of diversity and try lots of different items on the menu. The service was quick, professional and energetic. The place just has a great vibe and they carry OMission gluten free beer, huge plus for the GF crowd. Our party of four ordered all 6 plates GF and there was no change to flavor or taste. The house red wine was pretty bad, otherwise the meal was perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent for Vegans!BoulderMikeDined on 9/17/2014As always the service was excellent, as was the food. Cocktails are also great.Special Features:
- Great For Big Groupszman007Dined on 9/16/2014Linger has an area sort of set aside for larger groups and it is the perfect spot. It's a bit out of the way from the rest of the restaurant, which allows conversation across large tables, but still has the energetic atmosphere of the rest of the place. There are dedicated servers for the area and a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrateScottDined on 9/16/2014Being the twisted guy that I am, it was a special place to take my wife for her 65th anniversary. With both of us in good health, it may be our most pleasant mortuary visit, together. The clever venue aside, this is a first rate restaurant with a delightful menu and outstanding presented food, as well as friendly and professional service, which definitely causes one to want to "linger" over a glass of wine or dessert. This the place to come for a casual get together or to celebrate a special occasion. You will be very glad you found your way to this unique restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Linger !inBerrysKitchenDined on 9/16/2014My new favorite restaurant. Wish I had known how good Linger is long ago. Can't wait to return to try it for dinner on the rooftop. My birthday lunch was delicious, especially the luscious Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte with broiled marshmallow sauce. Plates of flavorful, quality ethnic cuisine are generous enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why don't you Linger?FoodieVIPDined on 9/14/2014We love, Linger. Every time we think of a place for a special occasion to impress out-of-town guests, we think of Linger. The quality of the service and food is first rate and keeps us coming back. You cannot go wrong with Linger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meets expectationsAtownmeetsCentennialDined on 9/14/2014Everything from ambience to service is great here. the food doesnt disappoint either. menu offers classics with a twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Gem!swisstxDined on 9/14/2014I love this place. Good food. Great decor. Excellent Service. Complimentary valet. What's more to say? I will go back and it will be my "go to" place with friends. Great roof top happy hour.Special Features:
- Great timeAAM1Dined on 9/12/2014Very interesting and delicious food. All staff and servers were helpful and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingsoozDined on 9/12/2014Waited years to get in this place, and found the food less than exciting. Went based on experience at Sister Resto, Root Down, and it pales in comparison. Won't be returning.Special Features:
- Fri lunchDenversbestVIPDined on 9/12/2014My husband I heard so much of this place so we decided to have lunch there. The place was semi busy, many open tables but the hostess at us at a tiniest table there was so we asked to be moved. The waitress presented us with the menus and offered specials. We ordered figs and bacon to start and the dish was very nice. I ordered one if the specials just to learn 15 min later that is was actually not available so I chose Fish Taco. The food overall tasty but really expensive for what it was. The tacos $15 were tiny, two bites. With 2 drinks, 2 entres and an appetizers we spend $96... A bit much for lunch in a neighborhood restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great food - sleepy serviceMomsCookinisthebestDined on 9/11/2014Great food, but would have expected sharper service for such a nice restaurant. We were seated without the menu or food options explained to us. The service overall just felt a little cold. Pretty sure we were all trying to just get our server to smile a little! She just seemed like she didn't want to be there. Maybe she was having a bad night?Special Features:
- Average Product for a Great Repfarmerdave532Dined on 9/11/2014Everything was good here, but we don't feel it merits the over the top reputation the place has. We've only been there twice, so maybe we just hit it on nights where things weren't going off right, but we didn't see anything extraordinary in the experience.Special Features:
- FabulousItalianChandelier1Dined on 9/9/2014We had a very fun evening for a birthday celebration! Excellent food menu, such unique items to choose from. Drinks were perfect and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- AmazingCUBuff20Dined on 9/9/2014I recently visited Linger with my 8 y/o son for dinner, and was truly impressed. The waitress went above and beyond making sure my son enjoyed his visit and the meal exceeded my expectations. We were taken aback my the variety of food on the menu and that everything is locally sourced. I will definitely be returning for another visit with my son!Special Features:
- Excellent food and consistentluv2dineDined on 9/9/2014If you haven't tried Linger, put it on your list. Great menu. Lots to choose from.Special Features:
- Great food and servicebeergeekDined on 9/7/2014Went to Linger for brunch with a friend and was pleased to find it was not overly crowded and our server was very attentive. The breakfast smoothie was unique and delicious, and both of our meals were delicious. Can't go wrong with anything you order here! We also got to sit by the window overlooking Little Man Ice Cream and there was a little concert going on - the ambiance was perfect. Awesome experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!CCCBostonDined on 9/6/2014Awesome, innovative menu with a ton of gluten-free and vegetarian optional items. EXCELLENT service. Fun atmosphere. Will definitely go back next time I'm in Denver.Special Features:
- Unique and delicious!!KaylaDined on 9/6/2014This was a unique food experience for the delicious Denver brunch scene. We had the breakfast dosa and shrimp and grits Benedict which were both delicious! I will definitely go back and get the breakfast dosa again. The donut holes with the Nutella dipping sauce are also wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll "Linger" around somewhere elseJames7764Dined on 9/5/2014This restaurant has a great view of the city and a nice ambiance. However, the menu is nothing but overpriced appetizers, that are "designed to share". The food is perfect for someone who is on a starvation diet. The service was friendly, but very slow. The driest, most kernel laden popcorn you will ever have, will be served to your table. It is certainly a restaurant that has survived on hype. Most likely, because it was a former mortuary. The "small plate" food was delicious, but you would have to order the entire menu to feel full. Although the food was tasty, I ranked it two stars due to the lack of it's ability to satisfy my appetite. This restaurant is certainly not worth standing in line or making a reservation for. It's all hype.Special Features:
- Disappointing service overshadowedediner77VIPDined on 9/5/2014Dine at Linger often and this was my worst experience. Brought foodie friends from out of town and was embarrassed. Waitress acted like she didn't care. 35 minutes after being seated we got our first drinks. Took another 10-15 to take our order. Finally got some food after a normal time and then waited 30 minutes for the rest of our order. Instead of keeping us happy with drinks while we waited, we had to flag someone down to take an order. When we asked for clean plates we got them, but the dirty plates were just left on the table. Icing on the cake was our waitress dropping a random plate that was "extra" from the kitchen on our table that looked like another table's reject. Manager never came by. Sadly will be a while before I'm back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bountiful Gluten-Free ChoicesGinaDined on 9/5/2014We've eaten at Linger before, but it never ceases to impress. The dishes are imaginative and beautifully plated. The servers are well-informed and most accommodating. Because I am celiac, finding a really unusual restaurant with gluten-free options is rare, and on this score, Linger really delivers. We'll look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAPPY spot - as always...!LousReviewsDined on 9/5/2014Took my out of town "bestie" here for her birthday and had a really nice evening. Fun food, great, perfectly timed service, memorable ambiance... Thanks for making a special night, extra special!Special Features: