242 Harvard Street
Brookline, MA 02446Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lineagerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6172320065
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:00 - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Sewall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a dining room that can accommodate up to 45 guests for a reception and sit down dinner. We will create a customized menu for your event as simple or elaborate as you would like. Tasting menus, along with wine pairings can be made available.
- Private Party Contact: Ron Vale 6172320065
- Special Events: Available for your social or business events from 14 - 80. We have a private room that can accommodate up to 45 for a reception and sit down dinner. A menu can be tailored by our chef to suit your tastes & budget.
- Public Transit: On the T, The Beacon Street Green line (C) train, at the Coolidge Corner stop. On the Bus, Take the 66 Bus to Coolidge Corner.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street metered parking available along Harvard Street in front of the restaurant, as well as on Beacon Street in the vicinity of the restaurant. Parking is available for a fee at the parking garage at the Marriott Courtyard Hotel. There are also two metered lots on Webster Street on the left after the hotel, directly behind our restaurant.
A word from Lineage
A farm to table American restaurant with a focus on seafood. Our menus change daily to reflect the best of what the markets have to offer and allows us to feature the work of many local artisans, growers and fishermen. A three course seafood tasting menu is always available. Jeremy and Lisa Sewall created Lineage Restaurant"s concept. We are a married couple with extensive culinary experience and deep New England roots. Located in the heart of Coolidge Corner, Brookline, Massachusetts, the name "Lineage" is based on Jeremy's own. In 1705, when this "Muddy River" hamlet of Boston became incorporated, Samuel Sewall, son of Judge Sewall of Salem Witch Trials fame, lent the community his services as the first Town Clerk and, it is thought, the name of his family's "Brooklin" lands, which lay between the Charles and Muddy Rivers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Lineage - Best Restaurants in Brookline ›
Lineage reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (131)fit for foodies (113)special occasion (84)romantic (53)notable wine list (41)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (13)great for brunch (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Reliable favoritespandwskDined on 10/16/2014We are never disappointed with this reliable restaurant. The food was was fresh and tasty and the menu interesting without being pretentious. Servers are professional and upbeat, making this a good place to have a leisurely dinner with old friends without feeling rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lineage mustn't rest on its laurelsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014I usually love Lineage for its locavore/home-crafted approach to food but was less than wowed on my last visit. My saffron pasta with littlenecks (3), shrimp (few), lobster (not much) and chorizo was tasty but didn't surpass anything I'd make at home. Worse than that, the wine prices for their featured Pinot noirs were nothing short of exorbitant. $20 a glass? $90 or more a bottle? It felt like a ripoff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have checked the menuUMparentVIPDined on 10/10/2014Unfortunately there was nothing that was really appealing on that day's menu. The best item was the mussels appetizer. My friend liked her cod and I ordered the cod cheeks which were just okay. I found nothing flavorful in the dish. The ambiance was great and the service was attentive. Usually I am a bigger fan of the entrees.Special Features:
- Too SmokeyLuluDined on 10/4/2014Entree & salad were very good. Dessert (carrot cake) very disappointing. So much smoke from the brick oven that my eyes were burning & my clothes smelled like smoke & had to be dry cleaned.I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningMadamePDined on 10/3/2014The food was excellent and the service very good. I find most restaurants to be too cool, so I bring cardigans and still freeze, but the dining room at Lineage was nice and warm, even at our window table. There was a moment when the pizza oven smoked a lot and the dining room got too smoky but it only lasted 3 or 4 minutes. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PIPERVIPDined on 10/2/2014From walking in the the door with the most friendly greeting to the entire wait staff, chefs and awesome bartenders, linage features amazing food and such well educated bar tenders....I like to call "alchemist" and can pair just about any drink to your succulent choice of fair.. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent, but!!!jamocoDined on 9/28/2014the food was excellent, the service left a lot to be desired. the waiter should find a new profession.Special Features:
- wish it was a best kept secretOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/26/2014These folks are really consistent. Apps, entres, dessert, service, and wine. And the service is a very non-Boston brisk. I wish it was a best-kept secret.Special Features:
- Best in BrooklineBillVIPDined on 9/25/2014Best restaurant in Brookline. Great seafood. Don't leave without getting the signature dessert – butterscotch pudding. Oh, the lobster gnocchi is excellent!
- Awesome dinner!!peterDined on 9/23/2014Had salmon, burgers, lobster tacos-they were all awesome!! Service was really friendly & helpful with suggestions! Dinner was excellent. This was our first time and we would definitely come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful dining experience...Sassy1453Dined on 9/18/2014Very much enjoyed our experience dining at Lineage this week. Beautiful, serene environment, excellent service, memorable food. Warm figs, two salads, lobster tacos shared over good conversation in a lovely space made for a restful weeknight treat for the palate and soul. Will definitely return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzaVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was my second time at your restaurant and we enjoyed it even more. We brought friends this time. We were not sure they would like as they do not enjoy fine dining. They were thrilled!!!! They cannot wait to go back as I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbAuburndaleDinerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Have had dinner here three times now and each time the food has been superb, the service attentive without being overly so, and the atmosphere elegant without being stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brookline gemMissMDined on 9/11/2014The space is lovely, the food delicious, and the service perfect and unhurried. The welcoming and gracious spirit of the staff is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over The MoonJosephDined on 9/8/2014'Tis so very rare when the dining experience far outweighs the expectation. Dining at Lineage was especially memorable. A truly outstanding performance!! We were "over the moon"!!!Special Features:
- Four for fourDaleFDined on 9/6/2014We shared 2 appetizers and 2 entrees, and each was utterly delicious. Calamari and black bass were in prime condition, and beautifully cooked. Gnocchi as light and delicate as we've had and the home-made sausage with the lobster on the gnocchi was great. The recommended Gruner Veltliner was very nice. And we could hear each other! A most satisfying meal.Special Features:
- Great foodschasDined on 9/5/2014Lobster tacos, risotto, and salmon were great! Good wine list. Male waiter was a little quirky. Didn't have much to offer when we asked for suggestions and reached across the table a lot while I was eating, bumping hands while I was trying to get food to up to my mouth. Went for a 7:30 dinner and felt a little out of place with the crowd-mostly older married couples (we're a young 20s couple).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!saltandspiceDined on 9/2/2014The lobster tacos were delightful! We ordered one as an appetizer and they were so good we ordered a second round! I ordered the bass and it was perfectly cooked--moist and crispy in all of the right places. My mom ordered the red snapper and she was very happy with it! The staff was super friendly and provided great service. Overall a really delicious meal. We will definitely come again!Special Features:
- OkCTRobVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was just fair. Nothing special. I think time has passed this place by.
- Top-notch!Loscar911Dined on 8/29/2014Whenever I come to Boston to visit my daughter at Boston College, we ALWAYS make reservations at Lineage; it is our favorite Boston restaurant (even when our friends tell us we need to "branch out and try another"! The appetizers are outstanding (especially spicy lobster tacos), the entrees are superb, and the desserts finish things off with a flourish. Being creatures of habit, we never miss out on ordering Lineage's butterscotch pudding - the best in the land! Wine list is outstanding - Lineage is first restaurant I have found that serves a white Chateauneuf-de-pape! Lineage never fails to impress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food- Friendly - GOnycnowbostonVIPDined on 8/27/2014well made drinks- Lobster tacos are a must- been 3 times and will def come again- All ages enjoy this lovely spot near Cool CornersSpecial Features:
- Delicious Lobster TacosOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2014It would be worth checking this lovely neighborhood restaurant out just for the lobster tacos! They were divine!Special Features:
- NHDinerDined on 8/23/2014The lobster tacos are outstanding! Service was professional and timely. We had an excellent time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseAllanVIPDined on 8/23/2014First time @ this restaurant which should be a model for EVERY restaurant . . . quality, proficient, personable, employees (all that we had contact with) w/wonderful food.Special Features:
- Excellent, friendly gemFirsttimethereDined on 8/23/2014Service from the front door to the table and as we left was warm, friendly, professional and lighthearted. The food is very good. Sometimes portion sizes seemed a little inconsistent. Huge steak entree, small risotto? Strange. However the risotto was luscious and rich so a larger portion wasn't necessary. A garni could have rounded it out a bit. Prices are a bit expensive but the quality is excellent. The menu is tough if you have picky, fish averse or unadventurous eaters: so it is a hard place for certain groups but as a couple , we will return in a heartbeat!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crossed off my bucket list.bostonflyboyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Finally made it to Lineage, which I have been wanting to experience. Used Dine out Boston as an impetus. Food was excellent, from the tuna tartare to the roasted chicken and warm chocolate brownie. While the portions were small (not surprising for Dine out Boston week), I realized that they were just right. I am tired of restaurants that pile on the food and you wind up taking a cat bag home. Usually restaurants during Dine out Boston disappoint because they don't feature what makes them special. Lineage did and I will be back.Special Features:
- LineagePkpkpk12Dined on 8/20/2014Food bad and overpriced. Service bad. Never going back
- A little dissapointingagiangregorioDined on 8/18/2014I went here to try out the menu for restaurant week only to discover that they have daily 3 course meals which is great! However, the options on the menu the particular night we went were subpar and we ended up ordering off the regular menu. It's a bit pricey for what you get and the food is pretty bland. Nothing really special. The cocktails and the oysters were good though and so was the service.
- Its my favoritebasataboundDined on 8/18/2014Lineage is my favorite restaurant in North America, I have never been disappointed. I have been traveling to Boston for business for 6 years and even with all the amazing choices in Boston and Brookline, I try to go here at least once every time. Always an interesting menu with unique items locally sourced. They make an excellent old fashioned but all the cocktails are great. The cocktail menu and desert menu are as intentionally crafted as every item on the main menu.Special Features:
- Charming Brookline:worths the visitOroroinaDined on 8/17/2014Very nice dinner experience: great food (lobster tacos, Chatham bass..), warm and efficient service, interesting paintings on the walls.Special Features:
- Lobster TacosBostonDebVIPDined on 8/17/2014I read so many excellent reviews of the lobster tacos, that, I had to try them. They were serving a lovely gazpacho the evening we were there, and with the lobster tacos, it was a perfect summer meal. My husband enjoyed the burger and the fries were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brookline BonusAndyVegasDined on 8/11/2014After spending two weeks driving and eating our way through New England, for our last meal before returning home we dined here at the recommendation of the inn keeper of the B & B we were staying in. We were not disappointed - it was one of the best meals of the trip. The lobster tacos - served cold with a spicy mango salsa on four small taco shells which we shared, put all the lobster rolls we had been eating to shame. The fish - haddock and salmon, were cooked perfectly - very moist, over beans or couscous, and substantial in size. The finale was the butterscotch pudding, topped with whipped cream and glazed pecans. Service was friendly and attentive. The menu changes daily to assure that the food is always fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJakeDined on 8/11/2014Wonderful neighborhood restaurant with fresh local foods and great modulated service. Looking forward to my next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food & servicespqrDined on 8/10/2014A small menu of gems with focus on local fresh ingredients. Great deserts and artful cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodChilliDined on 8/9/2014Delicious Called the maître d over to compliment that all four of us were thrilled with our dishes. (First time we have done this) Lobster taco's a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected excellenceBearVIPDined on 8/9/2014This venerable Coolidge Corner seafood restaurant surprised us with its understated, but attentive service, and absolutely fresh and delicious seafood specialties. It seems to fly below the foodie radar, but should be in the top 10 Boston area eateries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trusted and tastyDiningDivaDined on 8/8/2014Lineage is my go to restaurant in the Brookline Village area for a very nice meal, great service and not over-the-top pricing! It's my standby when I either want to plan a special dining experience or a last minute 'let's grab a drink and appetizers'. The lobster tacos are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Took Dad to dinner here, was a perfect choice! Not too noisy, but still a great atmosphere, very friendly service, and great food!
- Our first time and …BillVIPDined on 8/7/2014It was wonderful. Delicious cuisine in an attractive setting. They really know how to cook seafood (although the hamburger at the next table looked great). We had the halibut and scallops. The scallops were part of a three course meal, which was perfect. The server was highly attentive and nice. No attitude here. We'll be back!
- So close to excellentPetersonDavisVIPDined on 8/6/2014Maybe this isn't a place to go with an 8 year-old. But he loves their burgers and we love their fish. But every time when we get there we ask that they put in all the food at once and bring it as soon as it is ready. Every time they bring him a burger that is overcooked and took too long. Still, the food is amazing. It just seems like they have to take their time to do it and they will likely overcook a kid's burger. So, we keep going back. For the fish and because they are very friendly.