242 Harvard Street
Brookline, MA 02446Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lineagerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6172320065
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:00 - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Sewall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a dining room that can accommodate up to 45 guests for a reception and sit down dinner. We will create a customized menu for your event as simple or elaborate as you would like. Tasting menus, along with wine pairings can be made available.
- Private Party Contact: Ron Vale 6172320065
- Special Events: Available for your social or business events from 14 - 80. We have a private room that can accommodate up to 45 for a reception and sit down dinner. A menu can be tailored by our chef to suit your tastes & budget.
- Public Transit: On the T, The Beacon Street Green line (C) train, at the Coolidge Corner stop. On the Bus, Take the 66 Bus to Coolidge Corner.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street metered parking available along Harvard Street in front of the restaurant, as well as on Beacon Street in the vicinity of the restaurant. Parking is available for a fee at the parking garage at the Marriott Courtyard Hotel. There are also two metered lots on Webster Street on the left after the hotel, directly behind our restaurant.
A word from Lineage
A farm to table American restaurant with a focus on seafood. Our menus change daily to reflect the best of what the markets have to offer and allows us to feature the work of many local artisans, growers and fishermen. A three course seafood tasting menu is always available. Jeremy and Lisa Sewall created Lineage Restaurant"s concept. We are a married couple with extensive culinary experience and deep New England roots. Located in the heart of Coolidge Corner, Brookline, Massachusetts, the name "Lineage" is based on Jeremy's own. In 1705, when this "Muddy River" hamlet of Boston became incorporated, Samuel Sewall, son of Judge Sewall of Salem Witch Trials fame, lent the community his services as the first Town Clerk and, it is thought, the name of his family's "Brooklin" lands, which lay between the Charles and Muddy Rivers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Lineage - Best Restaurants in Brookline ›
Lineage reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (115)fit for foodies (100)special occasion (81)romantic (49)notable wine list (40)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Top-notch!Loscar911Dined on 8/29/2014Whenever I come to Boston to visit my daughter at Boston College, we ALWAYS make reservations at Lineage; it is our favorite Boston restaurant (even when our friends tell us we need to "branch out and try another"! The appetizers are outstanding (especially spicy lobster tacos), the entrees are superb, and the desserts finish things off with a flourish. Being creatures of habit, we never miss out on ordering Lineage's butterscotch pudding - the best in the land! Wine list is outstanding - Lineage is first restaurant I have found that serves a white Chateauneuf-de-pape! Lineage never fails to impress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Lobster TacosOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2014It would be worth checking this lovely neighborhood restaurant out just for the lobster tacos! They were divine!Special Features:
- NHDinerDined on 8/23/2014The lobster tacos are outstanding! Service was professional and timely. We had an excellent time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseAllanVIPDined on 8/23/2014First time @ this restaurant which should be a model for EVERY restaurant . . . quality, proficient, personable, employees (all that we had contact with) w/wonderful food.Special Features:
- Crossed off my bucket list.bostonflyboyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Finally made it to Lineage, which I have been wanting to experience. Used Dine out Boston as an impetus. Food was excellent, from the tuna tartare to the roasted chicken and warm chocolate brownie. While the portions were small (not surprising for Dine out Boston week), I realized that they were just right. I am tired of restaurants that pile on the food and you wind up taking a cat bag home. Usually restaurants during Dine out Boston disappoint because they don't feature what makes them special. Lineage did and I will be back.Special Features:
- LineagePkpkpk12Dined on 8/20/2014Food bad and overpriced. Service bad. Never going back
- A little dissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014I went here to try out the menu for restaurant week only to discover that they have daily 3 course meals which is great! However, the options on the menu the particular night we went were subpar and we ended up ordering off the regular menu. It's a bit pricey for what you get and the food is pretty bland. Nothing really special. The cocktails and the oysters were good though and so was the service.
- Its my favoritebasataboundDined on 8/18/2014Lineage is my favorite restaurant in North America, I have never been disappointed. I have been traveling to Boston for business for 6 years and even with all the amazing choices in Boston and Brookline, I try to go here at least once every time. Always an interesting menu with unique items locally sourced. They make an excellent old fashioned but all the cocktails are great. The cocktail menu and desert menu are as intentionally crafted as every item on the main menu.Special Features:
- Charming Brookline:worths the visitOroroinaDined on 8/17/2014Very nice dinner experience: great food (lobster tacos, Chatham bass..), warm and efficient service, interesting paintings on the walls.Special Features:
- Lobster TacosBostonDebVIPDined on 8/17/2014I read so many excellent reviews of the lobster tacos, that, I had to try them. They were serving a lovely gazpacho the evening we were there, and with the lobster tacos, it was a perfect summer meal. My husband enjoyed the burger and the fries were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brookline BonusAndyVegasDined on 8/11/2014After spending two weeks driving and eating our way through New England, for our last meal before returning home we dined here at the recommendation of the inn keeper of the B & B we were staying in. We were not disappointed - it was one of the best meals of the trip. The lobster tacos - served cold with a spicy mango salsa on four small taco shells which we shared, put all the lobster rolls we had been eating to shame. The fish - haddock and salmon, were cooked perfectly - very moist, over beans or couscous, and substantial in size. The finale was the butterscotch pudding, topped with whipped cream and glazed pecans. Service was friendly and attentive. The menu changes daily to assure that the food is always fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJakeDined on 8/11/2014Wonderful neighborhood restaurant with fresh local foods and great modulated service. Looking forward to my next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food & servicespqrDined on 8/10/2014A small menu of gems with focus on local fresh ingredients. Great deserts and artful cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodChilliDined on 8/9/2014Delicious Called the maître d over to compliment that all four of us were thrilled with our dishes. (First time we have done this) Lobster taco's a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected excellenceBearVIPDined on 8/9/2014This venerable Coolidge Corner seafood restaurant surprised us with its understated, but attentive service, and absolutely fresh and delicious seafood specialties. It seems to fly below the foodie radar, but should be in the top 10 Boston area eateries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trusted and tastyDiningDivaDined on 8/8/2014Lineage is my go to restaurant in the Brookline Village area for a very nice meal, great service and not over-the-top pricing! It's my standby when I either want to plan a special dining experience or a last minute 'let's grab a drink and appetizers'. The lobster tacos are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Took Dad to dinner here, was a perfect choice! Not too noisy, but still a great atmosphere, very friendly service, and great food!
- Our first time and …BillVIPDined on 8/7/2014It was wonderful. Delicious cuisine in an attractive setting. They really know how to cook seafood (although the hamburger at the next table looked great). We had the halibut and scallops. The scallops were part of a three course meal, which was perfect. The server was highly attentive and nice. No attitude here. We'll be back!
- So close to excellentPetersonDavisVIPDined on 8/6/2014Maybe this isn't a place to go with an 8 year-old. But he loves their burgers and we love their fish. But every time when we get there we ask that they put in all the food at once and bring it as soon as it is ready. Every time they bring him a burger that is overcooked and took too long. Still, the food is amazing. It just seems like they have to take their time to do it and they will likely overcook a kid's burger. So, we keep going back. For the fish and because they are very friendly.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Excellent restaurant, lovely atmosphere, delicious food, great service. Parking is findable. We recommend Lineage highly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafood!Cel5090Dined on 8/2/2014My boyfriend and I have been venturing outside of the city for dinner. I've wanted to try Lineage for a while, and it did not disappoint! I had the seafood tasting. I highly recommend it! It was all so fresh and flavorful! We will be back! Oh and the burger was great, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantduendeduoDined on 8/1/2014Food is delicious, the ambiance is inviting and the service is first rate. In addition is a short walk from the Coolidge Corner Theater. A gem!Special Features:
- Great mealLobstuhDined on 7/29/2014This was absolutely worth the trip out from Boston. The food was fabulous and the service was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rare dining combinationdiner20Dined on 7/29/2014Color scheme sophisticated and calming. Tables separated enough to allow conversation. Noise level controlled. Wait staff attitude one of "How can we help you enjoy your experience?" Every effort to accommodate with grace and humor.Food flavor combinations refined and delicious. Nothing forced or ridiculously trendy - modern cooking, beautifully presented, correct portions-an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with a friendWeighinDined on 7/29/2014First time there, arrived early 5pm reservation. The restaurant filled up quickly by 6pm we were amoungst many other diners and the bar was completely full as well. Our server was terrific and very accommodating, since we just wanted to relax and enjoy our time together as well as our delicious meal. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlandTS52VIPDined on 7/26/2014We were really looking forward to going to this restaurant for fresh, elegant, gourmet food and a good (half-priced!) bottle of wine. Unfortunately the food was a major disappointment and way over-priced for the portion size. The food was very bland, and upon trying everything, we said, "this is missing something...". For such small portions, I would expect something much more decadent, but, at the very least, something good. I was not impressed. The wine was the best part.
- Close to 5 stars in BrooklineskibumDined on 7/23/2014This was my first visit to Lineage, although I have been to other Jeremy Sewall owned restaurants, and I will certainly return. I particularly appreciated the space between the tables which made conversation easy and kept the noise level down. Service was smooth and professional without being obtrusive and the food was well prepared and attractively presented. The gnocchi and burger are especially worthy of mention, even though the menu is seafood-centric.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time, still impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014We visit the Boston area often and came across Lineage last year and enjoyed it a great deal. Our second visit was just as enjoyable, great food and wine. If we lived here would become a regular for sure.Special Features:
- Absolutely Delicious!KamiDined on 7/21/2014Lineage is one of the best restaurants that I've ever been to. Their menu is always unique and delicious. Great farm-to-table options and a wonderful wine list! I've never had a bad experience. The staff is polite and well-informed. Definitely a place to try!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerRosyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Everything was cooked to perfection. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- EmilyDined on 7/15/2014I've come here a few times, and every time it's pretty good.Special Features:
- I should go more oftenpamnessVIPDined on 7/14/2014We hadn't been to Lineage in awhile. I don't know why not it's quite good. The tables are well spaced, so it's easy to talk. The menu is great, wine list was 50 percent off and really nice, and it has a good vibe. Our calamari appetizer with red curry sauce was great. Calamari was lightly battered and perfectly fried. The salmon in the salmon and lentil dish was cooked beautifully but the lentils were a little mushy and needed some acid, same for the beans that came with the perfectly cooked sea bass. All in all a very nice meal.Special Features:
- Lovely, all aroundmeeatingDined on 7/14/2014Friendly warm staff, flavorful nicely presented food. Fun. Love eating here. Ambience, really good food, nourishing on all levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Moderately-priced seafood-heavy menu near Coolidge. Delicious oysters and lobster tacos. The gnocchi was light and flavorful, with a decent amount of lobster. The cod was cooked well, but could have used a little more seasoning. Cocktails weren't highly inventive, but were good and priced competitively. The brownie with ice cream and salted caramel was a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Took Us So Long?TudzDrklVIPDined on 7/12/2014We've walked by here so many times over the years; always saying we should try it someday. This week we did and we will be back. The food was modern, carefully prepared and delicious. The service pleasant, knowledgable and professional. Add that to a beautiful space and a concise and interesting wine list and you have a winner. We will be back.Special Features:
- Lineage, BrooklinenotanemptynesteryetDined on 7/9/2014We LOVED this restaurant! We go to Boston quite often for getaways, and stayed in Brookline this time. A friend recommended this spot, and we just enjoyed the most wonderful dinner. We started with a smoked trout appetizer (shared), and we each had an entree with fresh caught cod and striped sea bass. The seasonings were wonderful, the accompaniments cooked to perfection. The staff was very friendly, and the restaurant was very quiet. We shared a bottle of wine with dinner, and walked back to our hotel. This was a lovely evening. When staying in Brookline again, we would definitely return here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieSusieDined on 7/8/2014Predictably excellent...food, service, table requested, etc. Creative menu and excellent wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July Wine SpecialsmellenVIPDined on 7/6/2014Half off all the bottles on their list for the month of July: a really nice way to sample different wines. Arugula salad with fried chickpeas and hummus was unusual and tasty. Salmon tartar was flavorful. Special fried chicken with coleslaw and cornbread was extra crispy and had a wonderful flavor.Special Features:
- great as alwaysbibliophileDined on 7/5/2014Good friendly patient service, great food, welcoming atmosphere, a very dependable good experience once again...Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Host very accommodating, service terrific and food locally sourced and delicious!Special Features: