Linda Modern Thai FKA Linda Restaurant
11 Karl Fraser Road
Toronto, ON M3C 0E7Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: CAN$30 and under
Linda Modern Thai FKA Linda Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lindamodernthai.com/
- Phone: (416) 642-3866
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Closed everyday between 3:00pm and 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Wing Li
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Linda Modern Thai FKA Linda Restaurant
Come and try Canada’s first Thai Select Premium restaurant, awarded by the Thai Government for authentic Thai food, outstanding service and great atmosphere. Our menu combines classical Thai flavours, homemade curries and sauces with modern techniques showcasing the best of Thai cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Linda Modern Thai FKA Linda Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (19)special occasion (18)good for groups (16)romantic (7)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Not goodduck123Dined on 11/21/2014We have been to Linda before for special occasions but this time we were disappointed. The duck was encased in a foot of batter, the dessert took forever, the curry had a total of 6 shrimps, the mango salad proportion had decreased and after asking that a special message be included for my husbands birthday- the request was ignored. Quite disappointed and will not attend again.
- terrible service, good foodjasey88Dined on 11/15/2014As soon as we walked in nobody was at the hostess stand, but it was behind a big wall so the staff couldn't see us. So we walked further into the restaurant. The bartender saw us but didn't greet us. After waiting a good 5-10 min the hostess finally brought us to our table... She seemed like she didn't want to be there and didn't even apologize for the wait. Once we got tovpur table our server took about 20 minutes to approach us... And that's because we had to finally flag her down. The other people beside us also left because they were waiting for so long. It wasn't even that busy. Terrible service.... But the food was good.Special Features:
- Salty food, poor serviceYuminMytumDined on 11/11/2014A terrible experience. The food was nothing close to the quality of Salad King, even though we had expected something similar with better service for the extra cost. There was one waitress for 20+ tables so getting service was minimal. After requesting extra spicy, a warm plate of really salty basil chicken came out with rice that did not smell or taste of coconut despite its menu description. One who was possibly the chef dropped off the food. I told him I asked for extra spicy and all he said was if I ordered it extra spicy, then it would Be. Tasted it, no spice. When asked, the waitress asked if I wanted some hot sauce... After I said I wanted it brought in to be made spicy, I got it back with little spice and cold. Really disappointing!
- good foodNonicknameDined on 11/8/2014The food was good as usual and i thought the service was great as our waitress was on top of pop drink refills. That is until i got the bill and was charged seperately for each glass. I would recommend this restaurant with a beware lecture. If they are not telling you what is not included in the price with drinks then they must be doing the same with their food! Left a bad taste in my mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a Thai brunchDaveDined on 11/8/2014Thai was a brunch menu that's great. Puts a Thai twist on brunch staples (think toast plus a sweet Thai custard spread). Service was attentive. Highly recommanded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Curry Dishes!lj33Dined on 11/7/2014I was never curry dish fan until I tried theirs! The Panang Curry with Crisp Beef is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodnanoNiteDined on 11/7/2014I've been at this location quite a few times now, and have enjoyed their food over and over again. They've changed their menu items around a bit recently, but the waitress kindly alerted me of all the recent changes. The internal decor of the restaurant was great, though the noise level was a tad bit noisy this trip around. I also notice that the decor in the restaurants make the place unsuitable for large groups, as it does feel a bit too crowded. More suitable for 2-4 people dining.Special Features:
- Excellent ServicePepeDined on 11/3/2014A very Happy dinner there and the interior decor is beautiful.Special Features:
- Great Thai restaurantAmazingDined on 11/3/2014This was my second visit to Linda Modern Thai and once again I was not disappointed with the food we received. The only problem was that is was very busy and we had to wait from drinks to dinner quite a long time. The server was great but very busy. Other then that I would recommend this restaurant as a great choice for Thai food.Special Features:
- FoodKay7Dined on 11/1/2014A friend had invited me for dinner, which was my first visit. Since I enjoyed the food, I invited a friend on my second visit but unfortunately, it was not a good experience where the food was concerned. I ordered the Pad Thai because it was great on my first visit. My friend ordered the the lamb. My food was cold and their lamb was tough and tasted bland. However, the ambiance and the service was good.
- Great Cultural FoodICE9Dined on 11/1/2014Second time going to this restaurant because we enjoyed it very much the first time. Couldn't help but order the same dish again, Seafood Coconut Curry, which comes in a full baby coconut. Tastes absolutely delicious & if Linda herself is there, she'll come around & carve out the inside of the coconut after you are done, so you can taste the inside of the coconut. We were 4 ppl, so another order the same as me, but the two other dishes didn't seem to have the right type of noodles stated for that dish. Not sure if it was an error or they ran out, but we didn't say anything because the 2 ppl didn't care too much. Great restaurant nonetheless & the food will not disappoint. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai as it should begeordieDined on 11/1/2014Linda's is a go-to for a fusion of Thai and Toronto. The roots in the Yonge-Dundas "Salad King" have grown in the Don Mills rebirth. While preparing Thai ingredients in a savoury manner, Toronto tastes are not forgotten. A steak in peanut sauce is a welcome alternative to those who are not feeling like they want green curry or pad thai.Special Features:
- Thai Cooking at its bestMachtoDined on 10/29/2014My friend and I had traditional Thai food - pad thai and a bean dish. Both were well presented and delicious. The pad thai was coated in egg, a very different and elegant alternative to normal presentations - even in Thailand. We would definitely go back and try other dishes on the extensive menu.Special Features:
- great place have dinner and drinksdougielovestoeatDined on 10/28/2014Great private booths. food is very good order some apps and a few main courses and do it family style!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badhuda89Dined on 10/25/2014I wished the food was better and it had more flavour. The last time I went it was much better and I am a loyal customer of Salad King (Sister-company).Special Features:
- Not worth wasting a mealDocFoodieDined on 10/25/2014A real disappointment. Haven't been here for a few years. Menu has changed and the quality of food has gone downhill. In trying to go "higher end" Thai they have completely missed the mark. Deep frying everything does not make it sophisticated. Such a shame...have been going to their original restaurant Salad King for over 20 years.
- Loved the curry!W1ll0wDined on 10/20/2014The Panang shrimp curry was very flavourful and a large portion. When I asked to have a vegetable I can't tolerate left out, I was actually asked which vegetable I'd like them to substitute! Most restaurants either double the cheapest remaining veggie - as in, always onions, which I dislike, or serve less food. Instead, they added excellent broccoli. My companion raved about her taster plate too. On the other hand, $7 for tea is not something I'd spend again no matter high nicely served.Special Features:
- hawthorneDined on 10/12/2014Always enjoy our dining experience here. Like changing menu and opportunity to try new menu items. Had lettuce wraps with pork jowls...romaine lettuce provided....made wraps cumbersome...better with iceberg lettuce. Tofu curry dish was exceptional! Server very informative re: menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKRangDined on 10/3/2014My overall impression is the food was good but not great, the same with the service and ambiance. Considering the premium prices being charged the overall value I would rate as fair.Special Features:
- Islamic Noodles were a hit!AymeighDined on 10/2/2014We were greeted by the hostess as soon as we came in and they knew instantly where we were supposed to be seated. The waitress was very friendly and knew her menu well. Recommended the Islamic Noodles, which ended up being the most delicious Thai noodles I've ever had. It was plentiful but not heavy. I will definitely be coming back for more! The restaurant owner also came by and greeted us, which was a nice surprise. That rarely happens. All in all, a very enjoyable experience. I would definitely recommend it for groups of friends, family gatherings, and even romantic dates!Special Features:
- StefanDined on 9/29/2014Skip the rather average and over-priced appetizers. The pad thai and the grilled fish in banana leaf with red curry was delicious. The service was rather mediocre. Additional charges were explained only when the waitress presented the bill.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereYummyThaiDined on 9/14/2014If you love Thai this is the place! Food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNikkiDined on 8/26/2014I am a Thai food lover and really this place makes it amazing! Good portions and delicious taste.Special Features:
- How things have changed!girlsniteoutDined on 8/26/2014My favourite dish of curry fish wasn't on menu any more. The flavor of the three mains we ordered weren't impressive. There were pre teens running around and we paid $7 each for jasmine tea, which was very weak and lack flavor. I had to ask for more tea leaves to be added to the pot. Even the 4 flavours of tropical ice cream was disappointing. I requested a quiet table and we were seated in the middle of the restaurant. Need to put that something, something back to what it used to be.
- Absolutely wonderful.ate2muchDined on 8/20/2014Had a great time. The food was excellent, as was the service and staff.
- Delicious Food, Unfriendly StaffLuv2DineMomDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I brought our 3-year-old for a quick lunch this past weekend. The girl who served us was accommodating to check the kitchen for us to see if they could serve us a dish that only appears on their dinner menu (which they did and we really appreciated it). The whole experience was quite nice, until my 3-year-old was getting bored and started to bang his cutlery on the sculpture next to him. We were quietly stopping him while one of their staff came over and said "please him to stop". While I was about to apologize, he added "because it is very expensive". This really threw me aback, as if the value of the sculpture would make a difference of common etiquette. I truly think that he could be more tactful than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 533 reviews are from the Linda Modern Thai FKA Linda Restaurant reviews archive.
- NickRevDined on 7/30/2014We have come to expect Linda's to be welcoming with a quiet ambience and an interesting menu. The background music was well chosen although a little loud in the early evening. We like to bring guests here because of the variety in the menu. The sense of privacy at the table is very appealing. The attention of our table attendant (Victoria) was much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise factor hugelillianDined on 7/26/2014I have been to Linda Thai for lunch and it has been fine. Dinner was another story. It was so loud that we just wanted to eat our food and get out as soon as we could! The food is delicious and the service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow AHmazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Blown away! I wasn't expecting the restaurant that I walked into at all. Fabulous service, mouth-watering food and the decor was stunning.Special Features:
- Summerlicious 2014MaryDined on 7/20/2014The ambiance and the service of the restaurant was great. From all the Thai restaurants I've been to, I'm disappointed with the food. For starters, the Soup tasted like water and the quinoa rice with roasted duck looked like fried rice. For dessert, they served mango with sticky rice and the serving size is small.Special Features:
- Great Food, good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We went to Summerlicious at Linda Modern Thai for dinner. It was a wonderful treat. We ordered the cold rolls and the Tom Yum Goong (hot and sour shrimp soup) as appetizers. The appetizers were small but it was a good start to keep up ready for our meal coming up. My friend ordered the King Oyster Mushroom with Basil Sauce. He said it was delicious. I ordered the Golden Curry with Shrimp and man was that ever an experience! It was so delicious that I was glad to have leftovers to take home. It was flavourful and comforting.Our desserts were Khanom Buang and the Mango Sticky Rice, small portions and just okay. The service was attentive and checked in with us regularly. We would definitely go back even if it wasn't for Summer/Winterlicious.Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014The ambience was really nice, the decor is beautiful. The food is amazing, especially their beef panang curry. Price is definitely reasonable for the quality that they serve, definitely a neighbourhood gem for those living in the eglinton don mills area who are looking for good thai food!Special Features:
- Great Thai foodlove2exploreDined on 7/20/2014This was my first at Linda and I didn't get disappointed with it. Will go back again if I am in the area and will try their other dishes. I jist love their Quinoa fried rice with smoked duck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceFoodyfoodreviewDined on 7/19/2014Is was expecting a lot more from this reataurant bc i read online that it was four stars. I rate it two bc the wait time for each meal was 15-20 mins, Though the server was nice. The food portions were ridiculously small other than the entree. The dessert was a quarter size of my palm. Never again coming even if it was free.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodRon987Dined on 7/19/2014I don't expect much during licious dining, so I was very impressed by the quality of food that was served when I went Linda. The sui mai is better than any I've had in the city and the beef panang was so good. Love how a fork-tender piece of meat is deep-fried to create a crispy shell and then have it served in a sea of rich, fragrant curry. I would definitely return to eat that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ceano2kDined on 7/19/2014Main courses were very good, deserts need improvement. Service was not bad, nothing breath taking.
- DisappointingDina4dinerDined on 7/18/2014The dinner started at 5 pm and the signature appertizer dish is already sold out. One of the reason I booked dinner and not lunch is because the particular dish is only available during dinner summerlicous menu. If you never been to Thailand and never tried authentic Thai food, this place is for you! The decor and atmosphere is great but the food sadly not worth a try!
- SilverButtonDined on 7/18/2014Atmoshphere and service are impeccable. The crispy beef Panang was really flavourful and you can tell they use fresh and authentic ingredients in their curry base. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvthaiDined on 7/17/2014The summerliscious menu was interesting. First course portions were very small. The chicken satay was rather dry. Beef dish was very good. The vegetable dish was not such a good choice since veggies were scarce and we had asmany of them in the beef dish.
- summerlicious experiencebertDined on 7/17/2014I've been meaning to visit this restaurant for a while now. Initially, I was not impressed with the host. My dining partner and I had a reservation for 1:30 and as I was waiting for the host to return from seating previously arrived guests there were 3 more patrons that entered without a reservation as I noted while they spoke. The problem is that the host completely disregarded me as i waited next in line and instead took these patrons without a reservations even though they arrived 5-10 mins after I did. I felt this was quite unfair!! Our lunch service was longer than an hour even though the restaurant was not full. A disappointing first experience. The owners need to pay attention to guests and be fair to seating them in order.