Linda Modern Thai FKA Linda Restaurant
11 Karl Fraser Road
Toronto, ON M3C 0E7Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: CAN$30 and under
Linda Modern Thai FKA Linda Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lindamodernthai.com/
- Phone: 4166423866x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Linda Liu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Linda Modern Thai FKA Linda Restaurant
Come and try Canada’s first Thai Select Premium restaurant, awarded by the Thai Government for authentic Thai food, outstanding service and great atmosphere. Our menu combines classical Thai flavours, homemade curries and sauces with modern techniques showcasing the best of Thai cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Linda Modern Thai FKA Linda Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (53)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (42)special occasion (39)great for outdoor dining (20)romantic (18)kid-friendly (14)great for brunch (13)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great experienceNikkiDined on 8/26/2014I am a Thai food lover and really this place makes it amazing! Good portions and delicious taste.Special Features:
- How things have changed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014My favourite dish of curry fish wasn't on menu any more. The flavor of the three mains we ordered weren't impressive. There were pre teens running around and we paid $7 each for jasmine tea, which was very weak and lack flavor. I had to ask for more tea leaves to be added to the pot. Even the 4 flavours of tropical ice cream was disappointing. I requested a quiet table and we were seated in the middle of the restaurant. Need to put that something, something back to what it used to be.
- Absolutely wonderful.ate2muchDined on 8/20/2014Had a great time. The food was excellent, as was the service and staff.
- Delicious Food, Unfriendly StaffLuv2DineMomDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I brought our 3-year-old for a quick lunch this past weekend. The girl who served us was accommodating to check the kitchen for us to see if they could serve us a dish that only appears on their dinner menu (which they did and we really appreciated it). The whole experience was quite nice, until my 3-year-old was getting bored and started to bang his cutlery on the sculpture next to him. We were quietly stopping him while one of their staff came over and said "please him to stop". While I was about to apologize, he added "because it is very expensive". This really threw me aback, as if the value of the sculpture would make a difference of common etiquette. I truly think that he could be more tactful than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickRevDined on 7/30/2014We have come to expect Linda's to be welcoming with a quiet ambience and an interesting menu. The background music was well chosen although a little loud in the early evening. We like to bring guests here because of the variety in the menu. The sense of privacy at the table is very appealing. The attention of our table attendant (Victoria) was much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise factor hugelillianDined on 7/26/2014I have been to Linda Thai for lunch and it has been fine. Dinner was another story. It was so loud that we just wanted to eat our food and get out as soon as we could! The food is delicious and the service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow AHmazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Blown away! I wasn't expecting the restaurant that I walked into at all. Fabulous service, mouth-watering food and the decor was stunning.Special Features:
- Summerlicious 2014MaryDined on 7/20/2014The ambiance and the service of the restaurant was great. From all the Thai restaurants I've been to, I'm disappointed with the food. For starters, the Soup tasted like water and the quinoa rice with roasted duck looked like fried rice. For dessert, they served mango with sticky rice and the serving size is small.Special Features:
- Great Food, good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We went to Summerlicious at Linda Modern Thai for dinner. It was a wonderful treat. We ordered the cold rolls and the Tom Yum Goong (hot and sour shrimp soup) as appetizers. The appetizers were small but it was a good start to keep up ready for our meal coming up. My friend ordered the King Oyster Mushroom with Basil Sauce. He said it was delicious. I ordered the Golden Curry with Shrimp and man was that ever an experience! It was so delicious that I was glad to have leftovers to take home. It was flavourful and comforting.Our desserts were Khanom Buang and the Mango Sticky Rice, small portions and just okay. The service was attentive and checked in with us regularly. We would definitely go back even if it wasn't for Summer/Winterlicious.Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014The ambience was really nice, the decor is beautiful. The food is amazing, especially their beef panang curry. Price is definitely reasonable for the quality that they serve, definitely a neighbourhood gem for those living in the eglinton don mills area who are looking for good thai food!Special Features:
- Great Thai foodlove2exploreDined on 7/20/2014This was my first at Linda and I didn't get disappointed with it. Will go back again if I am in the area and will try their other dishes. I jist love their Quinoa fried rice with smoked duck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceFoodyfoodreviewDined on 7/19/2014Is was expecting a lot more from this reataurant bc i read online that it was four stars. I rate it two bc the wait time for each meal was 15-20 mins, Though the server was nice. The food portions were ridiculously small other than the entree. The dessert was a quarter size of my palm. Never again coming even if it was free.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodRon987Dined on 7/19/2014I don't expect much during licious dining, so I was very impressed by the quality of food that was served when I went Linda. The sui mai is better than any I've had in the city and the beef panang was so good. Love how a fork-tender piece of meat is deep-fried to create a crispy shell and then have it served in a sea of rich, fragrant curry. I would definitely return to eat that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ceano2kDined on 7/19/2014Main courses were very good, deserts need improvement. Service was not bad, nothing breath taking.
- DisappointingDina4dinerDined on 7/18/2014The dinner started at 5 pm and the signature appertizer dish is already sold out. One of the reason I booked dinner and not lunch is because the particular dish is only available during dinner summerlicous menu. If you never been to Thailand and never tried authentic Thai food, this place is for you! The decor and atmosphere is great but the food sadly not worth a try!
- SilverButtonDined on 7/18/2014Atmoshphere and service are impeccable. The crispy beef Panang was really flavourful and you can tell they use fresh and authentic ingredients in their curry base. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvthaiDined on 7/17/2014The summerliscious menu was interesting. First course portions were very small. The chicken satay was rather dry. Beef dish was very good. The vegetable dish was not such a good choice since veggies were scarce and we had asmany of them in the beef dish.
- summerlicious experiencebertDined on 7/17/2014I've been meaning to visit this restaurant for a while now. Initially, I was not impressed with the host. My dining partner and I had a reservation for 1:30 and as I was waiting for the host to return from seating previously arrived guests there were 3 more patrons that entered without a reservation as I noted while they spoke. The problem is that the host completely disregarded me as i waited next in line and instead took these patrons without a reservations even though they arrived 5-10 mins after I did. I felt this was quite unfair!! Our lunch service was longer than an hour even though the restaurant was not full. A disappointing first experience. The owners need to pay attention to guests and be fair to seating them in order.
- Linda Modern Thai ThoughtsRangDined on 7/17/2014Overall it was a positive experience. We went for Summerlicous, and the appetizers were just OK, the main courses were excellent and the desserts we not bad. Our waitress did a good job and we were greeted in a positive manner. It's not fantastic but it's good and I would say surpassed our expectations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and waiter excellentDinerxDined on 7/16/2014My one complaint is that our table wasn't ready until 15 minutes after the time of our reservation. I expect this was because we arrived during the Summerlicious promotion. However the food was delicious with very fresh ingredients and the wait staff was attentive and efficient. The waiting area could have been better organized and a host should have been present at all times given how late the table was available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Crispy Beef Panang!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014The Chicken Siu Mai was perfect for my taste. The Crispy Beef Panang was delicious. Just the right crunch to the crust, beef was tender, really LOVE the red curry sauce! I couldn't get enough of the sauce. The service was right but I wish I had more... :-)Special Features:
- SummerliciousCarzannaDined on 7/15/2014I reserved lunch for four and we were able to eat on the patio. The food was as described and delicious. Our waiter was very helpful and attentive. Even offered an extra chair for purses saying his wife has expensive ones and doesn't like to put them on the ground. It was a beautiful day and people from one of my friend's office walked by to day hi and envy our lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious rushed...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014We went for summerlicious and felt very rushed. I mean theres good service but then theres being asked every 2-3 minutes if Your ready to order yet. We were 30mins early for our reservation and were getting caught up abit before we decided on what we were going to order. I finally let the waiter know that we'd call her when we were ready. It was also my friends Birthday dinner and both our 1st time there. We wont be back.Special Features:
- They aim to pleasefoodaholicDined on 7/12/2014We were here for dinner with friends and it was our first time. We were not disappointed. The menu was explained along with ingredients. Everything tasted very fresh. Linda and staff are lovely and very attentive. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crispy Beef PenangLittleBritlovestoeatDined on 7/11/2014Went to Linda's for dinner with 3 friends for Summerlicious. I ordered the vegetarian main course which was light and tasty - pretty much all tofu and bok choy in a broth served with rice. My 3 friends ordered the Crispy Fried Beef Penang served in red curry in varying degrees of heat. Just had to get my meat fix so I accepted their offers for a bit of their dinner. Wow! It was so delicious! Because it's something I wouldn't know how to duplicate at home, I'd definitely get this the next time or recommend it to a friend. The place was tastefully decorated, though a tad cold inside. Washrooms were super clean! A stroll through the Shops at Don Mills after dinner was the perfect way to end a summer night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie101foodie101Dined on 7/11/2014nice decor great service food was very favourful however portions are very small for the priceSpecial Features:
- SummerliciousgcueDined on 7/11/2014We were there for Summerlicious last Friday and we found the servings were small compared to other places we have been to for Summerlicious or Winterlicious. A friend ordered the tom yum soup and the bowl hardly had anything in it. Would not go back for summerlicious event there.Special Features:
- SummerliciousCharmsDined on 7/11/2014Went for Summerlicious 2014 Lunch. Loved the Thai decor in the restaurant being Lunch the restaurant was busy and this was reflected in the service. The Mango Salad and Quinoa dish were okay as served, I prefer more flavour and added Thai basil to both dishes and Voila what a difference... delicious. My daughter had the curry dish which she enjoyed. We both enjoyed the refreshing coconut water and jelly served in it's shell.Special Features:
- An owner that caresCB2932Dined on 7/11/2014Had a super lunch with industry colleague. Service was attentive. Food well presented and proper temperature. Tea experience was great. Lovely tea leaf infusers with hot (not tepid) water which makes all the difference in a good cup. Nice china cup to serve it in to boot. You know when attention is taken with those smaller details that other areas are well run as well. Nice touch for the owner to stop by the table and inquire if we had enjoyed lunch and if we liked the tea. had a nice little chat before moving on. Will definitely recommend to friends and return myself. Not a big fan of Canadian white wines - but tried an excellent blend there and bought a bottle later at the LCBO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackieDined on 7/11/2014My friend and I both think the curry for the crispy beef is bit too sweet, it takes away the flavor in the dish. But the fried pudding dessert is quite delicious.Special Features:
- Not greatyummytummyDined on 7/9/2014My wife and I went to Linda for our wedding anniversary looking for some yummy Thai food to remind us of our honeymoon in Thailand. This was not the place, overall our dinner at Linda was a disappointment. Would not recommend if you are looking for some authentic Thai food.
- Linda's SummerliciousreadysteadydineDined on 7/8/2014A summerlicious special should not be an invitation to lower your food standards. Have sampled Linda's before (non summerlicious) and found the food tasty. The $25 special includes and apply that was not "bathed" in peanut sauce, although chicken on a skewer can be moist if not overcooked. A main that was all sauce and raw veg (an very little at that). And dessert...let's just say one bite said it all......
- Linda's Beef Panangis breathtaking!NadjVDined on 7/7/2014Linda's Thai is a delicious experience filled with flavour and great service. Our server made some excellent suggestions and we really enjoyed our dining experience on the patio at this neighbourhood gem. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- A fine experiencestanDined on 7/7/2014Our second visit, and everything was terrific, as usual: food, service, ambience. As was Winterlicious, the Summerlicious menu is great value for money. Definitely you should go.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always...DiversionsDined on 7/6/2014Even Summerlicious can't confuse the consistently excellent kitchen.
- ChinaDollDined on 7/6/2014I had the smoked duck fried rice but I could hardly find any duck meat in the rice. The rice is too moist and it tastes like steam rice. Fried rice is usually drier than steam rice after being stir fried. Furthermore the dessert is very disappointing. I initially ordered a mango coconut sticky rice for dessert but the waitress told me that it would take very long and I had to wait for a long time to get it. She advised me to select another dessert. So I picked the cookies but again they are very disappointing. The worst thing is that the table next to mine got the coconut sticky rice for dessert! Not sure why they did not need to wait for a long time to get the sticky rice dessert?
- Good experienceMushroomheadDined on 7/4/2014Our party enjoyed the food and services. We will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- The best Thai Restaurant in townCynthiaDined on 7/4/2014We are return customers because the food here is absolutely amazing! It is consistently great and the menu also changes from time to time which keeps it interesting. They are also understanding of and accommodating to gluten and dairy allergies which is not easy to come by! Additionally, they do not use MSG! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Food was amazing!MagpieDined on 7/2/2014Was with 3 other friends celebrating my bday. We have been there before and never had a bad experience. The food was so delicious. Highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014Preferred when they had the larger menu, but what was delivered retained the same quality and presentation.Special Features: