3808 N Williams Ave Ste 127
Portland, OR 97227-1468Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lincolnpdx.com/
- Phone: 5032886200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jenn Louis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: David Welch 5032886200
A word from Lincoln Restaurant
Lincoln is a balance between old and new, modern and classic, rustic and refined, casual and formal, everyday and special occasion. Lincoln offers an honest expression of Portland cuisine – direct and elemental yet sophisticated. The front of the house warmth is delivered by a team of seasoned local professionals who focus specifically on genuine and attentive service. The food is simple, not fussy. The food is direct in style, flavor and presentation. Seasonal fare on the changing menu concentrates on what is grown in the Pacific Northwest. What’s listed on the menu is what's delivered on the plate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Lincoln Restaurant - Best Restaurants in North Portland ›
Lincoln Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (23)notable wine list (13)romantic (10)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Been coming since they openedThreeinarowDined on 9/9/2014Lincoln just gets better and better as Jenn continues to innovate with her superb, often changing menus. It just gets more and more delicious. Who knew lamb neck could be so tasty?--Jenn I'd say! What doesn't change is the superb service, the friendly, comfortable ambiance, and the overall dining experience. In Portland's ocean of great dining options Lincoln continues to stand out. If you're looking for great food, attentive but not intrusive service you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-timerseaysideVIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I were in Portland visiting our daughter and her family. We selected the Lincoln for a dinner to celebrate the promotion of her husband. Our dining experience was everything we hoped for. We shared several small plates and several large plates... trying a wide variety of items. Our server timed delivery of our selections perfectly! Everything was superb, but the favorite dish was the oven roasted chicken. We'll be back when we return to Portland next year.Special Features:
- Alaskans visiting for a honeymoon.AlaskanabroadDined on 8/28/2014We had lamb tartare, beef tongue, ribeye, and sheep cheese desser plate. Everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in our Portland tripOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014We are from NYC visiting my daughter who lives in No Portland. We are foodies and have been going to great local restaurants and making amazing meals from the farmer's market and my daughter's garden. But the meal that stands out is the one we had at Lincoln, fresh, inventive, and delicious.Special Features:
- Great for out-of-town guestscatinpdxDined on 8/22/2014We don't get to Lincoln as often as we'd like, but we make it a point to take out-of-town guests there, if those folks care about good food and a fresh Oregon/Portland vibe. The wait staff is always very congenial but never too intrusive, the food is always delicious -- usually quite unusual and surprising too. On our latest visit we had to ask for the definitions of several items, and when we tried them we were delighted. We've also given gift certificates to friends, for special occasions. Lincoln is a special place -- you should go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!inthebizDined on 8/12/2014We love Lincoln. The warm hospitality is a wonderful counterpoint to the indifferent norm that is Portland restaurant service these days. The food is always interesting and delicious. Jenn Louis is a great host and regularly visits the dining room to say hello and check on guests. This is extremely rare these days and makes for a great experience. As guests, we always feel appreciated and well-taken care of. Thank you Jenn, David and staff.Special Features:
- Consistently fantasticgourmandrewVIPDined on 8/5/2014If I'm not mistaken, the owner/chef of this restaurant was lauded several years back as "new, exciting, James Beard" type stuff. Well I think the same things still apply. This restaurant is absolutely fantastic. Creative, delicious food that is not precious or painstakingly difficult to absorb with fancy ingredients or over-the-top presentation. Likewise the interior is understated and easy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014the food was excellent as was the service, the chef did a great job on all dishes!!! would recommend to all my food friendsSpecial Features:
- Good but not greatMistyrain1Dined on 7/26/2014I heard so much about Lincoln but didn't get a chance to dine there until last week. Portland has so many great restaurants I think this one fell into the ok category for me. We had one of the two most expensive meals on the menu; lamb neck and albacore. They were well prepared, but nothing that will stand out in my mind (or taste buds). I would like to go back and try other meals on the menu. May be order small plates. I want to give it another try, but for now it was just good.Special Features:
- Great Find in North PortlandStellaDined on 7/19/2014The staff was very welcoming, the food was beautifully prepared and inventive, the bartender created great drinks. I would recommend v. highly for a wonderful and romantic night out.Special Features:
- Lincoln Never DisappointsJamesDined on 7/19/2014Our party of four had an excellent dinner on Saturday night. The special salmon tartare was a hit. We ordered pasta, lamb, chicken, and liked it all. Their unique take on onion rings are delicious and addictive. The blueberry, frangipane tart was a revelation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pdxdinerDined on 7/15/2014Great experience. Food outstanding and service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richard G.roadyrichDined on 7/3/2014Lincoln is a gem. The food was exceptional as was the service. It is a treat for me when you are greeted by the owner. This was my first time there, and we brought some friends that were visiting us from Oakland, CA. They are foodies like us and loved every dish we had. Lincoln will stay on our short list of restaurants to come back to. Thanks for a wonderful evening!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBadBearDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed all aspects of our dinner, especially a visit to our table by the head chef and owner (a fantastic person).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Selection of EntreesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Had not been before and was very pleased with our food and great service. Used Passport card to save $20 on our $150 bill. Thanks for a nice meal Lincoln.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting MenubgwagsVIPDined on 6/21/2014We went to Lincoln because it was highly recommended by our foodie friends. We had an enjoyable dining experience. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- HmmmmRYZ2UVIPDined on 6/20/2014Slow service. Appetizers came out at different times. Fried vegetable appetizers were so salty you could barely eat them. Flatbread was great. Pasta undercooked. Chicken was great. When I asked about the CDP's the waiter didn't know and suggested the bartender assist us. If you're pushing wine at $70 or more per bottle, get some basic knowledge on your menu. I used an app on my phone and picked a decent bottle. All in all with all the new highly rated restaurants in the Portland food scene, there's no reason for us to go back. We've enjoyed it in the past but it was just "off" and for the price, "off" doesn't work.
- Great For Business DinnerHungryguypdxDined on 6/19/2014Took out-of-town client to Lincoln for dinner. Great food; terrific service! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealviet616Dined on 6/14/2014Very much appreciated the way familiar flavors were prepared in different ways. Delicious! Add great service and drinks on top and it was a memorable celebratory meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious celebration dinnerhmmmDined on 6/13/2014interesting and delicious food and moderately priced for such a fine meal.Special Features:
- deliciousjazzDined on 6/10/2014i began with a pilsner beer, my partner shared an italian white with a friend, and another friend had an ameretto sour. we shared the romaine salad, and i had the shrimp pasta, while my partner had the salmon pasta with black rice. the food was incredible. our friends had the lamb and pork dishes, plus starters of onion rings, and the foie gras parfait, rabbit liver mousse, pig ear, cured duck breast and guanciale. 3 of us had the hot fudge sundae, and one had the burnt strawberry dessert. amy was our server and she was amazing. very funny and efficient. due to the restaurant offering foie gras, 2 of us won't be returning. this is a rule we live by, otherwise it was great.Special Features:
- Not goodMehpdxVIPDined on 6/10/2014Wow this place has gone downhill. How is this place/chef Jen even affiliated with mainstream culinary media is beyond me. First of all, the service was slow and unfriendly even though there was hardly anyone there. Have you ever heard of Zuni cafe in san francisico ? The 47% chicken dish completely tries (and fails) to copy it. Roast chicken, shoestring potatoes and greens. The greens had zero dressing, the fries were completely Overfried and the chicken was well browned in some spots but gelatinous and nasty in others. The coffee was worse than diner coffee. I hate to be this harsh but for $100+ you gotta do better than that.
- Perfect evening!BaileyDined on 6/6/2014Arrived a bit late but was seated right away and greeted as if we came every week. Service was friendly and all our questions were answered regarding food. Osso Bucco amazing as was our entire dining experience. Will make Lincoln our new #1 choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/6/2014Lincoln consistently provides great food and service. I've been dining there since it opened and have never had a bad experience. I highly recommend Lincoln for dinner. They offer something for everyone - carnivore, vegetarian, sweet tooth - and it's all delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014Wonderful dinner at a wonderful restaurant. Good was delicious and the service was excellent. We definitely will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, unusual foodDrKirkDined on 5/22/2014I entertained some business clients on a weekday evening. The service was impeccable. Very friendly, efficient wait staff. The noise level was remarkably low for having concrete floors and high ceilings. That allowed for easy conversation amongst our table of six. The food was expertly prepared and the wait between ordering and receiving food was not long. The only thing slightly negative for me was that the food was a little far to the weird end.Special Features:
- Excellent food, attentive serviceSashaDined on 5/20/2014When I first arrived, the large garage-like doors were open to the outside, adding a very relaxed atmosphere to the experience. We had our dog with us, and the staff was so kind and accommodating of him. We were visiting from San Francisco, so this attention was appreciated after the long drive! The food: absolutely delicious. We ate most of the appetizers on the menu, because they sounded incredible and we love to taste lots of little things. From memory, the octopus (insanely tender) and the fois parfait were excellent. The service: impeccable! The owner came to our table to check in on us a few times before we knew he was the owner. One of the waitresses even gave us suggestions for where to eat in Seattle too. Wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 290 reviews are from the Lincoln Restaurant reviews archive.
- OutstandingStiltsDined on 5/3/2014The service was great and the food was amazing! I think it's the best chicken I have EVER had! Tried the quail for an appetizer and it was outstanding. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Always great and friendly Newmenu offered many great choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShareHeathbarVIPDined on 4/19/20143 family members sharing a number of appetizers, entrees and sides and very happy with the results. Several somewhat adventurous choices: bone marrow, lamb neck, octopus. Also nice sides of onion rings and brussel sprouts. All done very well and delicious. Nice wine selection and drinks as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningLuv2dineDined on 4/18/2014We eat about anything but I was a bit unsure by the menu. Just wasn't sure how the combinations of flavored would mesh. All I can say it was fantastic. We started off with Jewish artichokes that had an aolie that was wonderful. I had the celery salad with barley and goat cheese. It was so good. My wife had cabbage and fennel w/ Cherrys and coco nibs. Very good. We had corned lamb neck that came with 3 dips/sauces. Like corned beef but not as strong. She had thick pancetta /with nettles and polenta. Both meals were amazing. I would highly recommend it. Service was friendly, very attentive and we're great at answering questions. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Localavore DelightSpiritedWalkerDined on 4/11/2014Wonderfully creative comfort foods, deliciously prepared and beautifully served. This was my second dinner experience at Lincoln and both times the food has been exciting, and even educational! I'd never had farrotto -- a risotto made with wheat farro. it was a tasty discovery, with nettles, mushrooms and duck egg. And lamb neck? What a daring move to make this a dinner special, but what a satisfying choice it was! New ingredients in very accessible, pleasing dishes.Special Features:
- Portland GemfoodieDined on 4/8/2014This is my first visit to Lincoln but I will be back! I met the chef, Jenn Louis in Arizona where she did a cooking class for a group. Her food is exquisite. Everything is seasoned perfectly and the portion sizes are just right. You can enjoy several courses and not feel overstuffed. The chocolate dessert with the carmel and sea salt is to die for.Special Features:
- SpeedyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014Lincoln has very good, but small portions for the price. They don't expect children as there is no kids' menu; the regular menu is pretty expensive for children.Special Features:
- Amazing!misacamisaDined on 3/29/2014Amazing pretty much sums everything up: Staff were willing and able to accommodate a last minute addition to our reservation, gave amazing service to our party of 6, were attentive to our needs, made suggestions and answered all of our questions and the food was absolutely AMAZING! So glad we chose Lincoln as part of our Portland "Foodie" trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good varietyctctDined on 3/28/2014good taste that weren't all the same. Onion rings classified as vegetables which really helps not feel guilty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Great Service!caraarDined on 3/22/2014We love Lincoln, consistently great food, and warm engaging service. It is equally good for a special occasion, or an evening out after a long work day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Commuter happy hourJustinDined on 3/21/2014We went there for dinner on Friday night and was able to find a table on OpenTable on short notice, but it didn't look like there was much of a walk-in wait. This restaurant is a little ways from the Rose Quarter and Alberta scenes, so maybe that's why it's so easy to get in. Don't let that fool you though. The creative bartender, attentive wait staff, and ambitious chef are all top-notch. They're positioned perfectly to stop by on your way north from downtown and not hard to get to for folks like us who live in Vancouver. Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- If you like pork....LovefoodVIPDined on 3/21/2014The food--I actually ended up with meatballs and bucatini (spaghetti with the hole in the middle--yummy) and it was outstanding and husband had the steak and beef tongue--also outstanding. Drinks were good (seriously, Portland, what's with Bombay Safire when you don't have Bombay Gin which is better!!!), upbeat place (fabulous light fixtures) and really fine service. Only complaint was a limited selection for those who do not eat pork. I do recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated and fussyPdxbabsDined on 3/18/2014Found it kind of cold. Pasta undercooked, salad unsubstantial. Appreciated being able to hear conversation, but otherwise underwhelmed