3808 N Williams Ave Ste 127
Portland, OR 97227-1468Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lincolnpdx.com/
- Phone: (503) 288-6200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jenn Louis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: David Welch 5032886200
A word from Lincoln Restaurant
Lincoln is a balance between old and new, modern and classic, rustic and refined, casual and formal, everyday and special occasion. Lincoln offers an honest expression of Portland cuisine – direct and elemental yet sophisticated. The front of the house warmth is delivered by a team of seasoned local professionals who focus specifically on genuine and attentive service. The food is simple, not fussy. The food is direct in style, flavor and presentation. Seasonal fare on the changing menu concentrates on what is grown in the Pacific Northwest. What’s listed on the menu is what's delivered on the plate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Lincoln Restaurant - Best Restaurants in North Portland ›
Lincoln Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (22)notable wine list (13)romantic (13)hot spot (12)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- I Wish I'd Been ImpressedKrrikkDined on 11/22/2014There was nothing inherently wrong with my dining experience, but I left he resturant unimpressed. I had one night to eat out when visiting Portland and have my patronage to Lincoln due to its supposed emphasis on Northwest cuisine. Unfortunately, the $100 tab was composed of dishes that felt incomplete and uninspired. I spoke with the bartenders and wait staff I was given the impression that my dining experience was not thier top priority. The menu rotates and I was apparently there on a Saturdat night when no one felt inspired.Special Features:
- Clients night outMcLemonsDined on 11/21/2014We had a godd time with our client and his wife. They seemed to enjoyed themselves as well as we did. It was a special time when the chef came to talk with us at our table. It was an overall fun nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit was disappointingscfoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014Based on our first experience we took friends on our second visit and were severely disappointed. The service was pleasant, but spotty. Our drink order took forever and when it arrived two of the four drinks were wrong. There was a promise to take the drink cost off the bill, but ultimately this did not happen. Ordering took ages and we had to stop the waiter to ask to take orders. Finally, even though the food was elegantly described on the menu, the dishes did not live up to the hipe. One member of our party did not even eat their main course and the rest of the meals fell flat. The initial appetizers and bread were accompanied with strange spreads, that even our adventurous appetites could not enjoy. Overall, it was one of the most disappointing meals that we have had in a very long time.
- Great restaurantEnjoyDined on 11/12/2014Food was creative and delicious. Service friendly and efficient. Great wine list. Chef Jenn a force in the restaurant industry. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dining experienceMsMiniDined on 11/12/2014We ate at Lincoln this past week and had a great experience. The service, ambiance and food were superb. For starters we had the octopus salad and it was fantastic. The entree of Lamb's neck was excellent as my husband attested to. Lastly, the chocolate dessert with caramel and sea salt put the finishing touches on a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurant but.....DatenightDined on 11/8/2014We made two bad choices for our palates and unfortunately they were the main course. Salads were good but we ordered Pancetta and Pigs Ears with Risotto and a Brined Lamb Neck. We like to be adventurous but should have thought about it. I know Pancetta is fatty and what sounds good about a brined lamb neck? Both were quite salty and the lamb was presented in a bowl with broth and just didn't have much eye appeal. Lamb was tender but was just not a meat or preparation that did much for us. Put this partly on us, we should have had the chicken or the steak but two wiffs make for a forgettable experience. Lincoln has a great neighborhood energy and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Happy to returnEater10000VIPDined on 10/24/2014It had been awhile since we were at Lincoln, so it was time (beyond time) to return. We started with the bread, the highlight of which are the accompaniments. My spouse loved the Gorgonzola butter, and I really liked the walnut honey spread. My spouse had a simple salad and I had the speck soup. It was very good and rich with an abundance of speck. For entrees, I had the octopus bolognese with mint; it was super, super tasty. Wow! My spouse had the farro risotto, which had great flavors and a superb mouthfeel. We had the salted carmel ice cream in a sundae, which was perfectly sized for our appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at Lincolnwcs3Dined on 10/23/2014We had another great dinner at Lincoln recently, and had three out-of-towners with us (two from NYC): everyone was impressed with the imaginative menu offerings and the quality of the food! We had a nice variety of small plates/salads, of main courses, and of desserts, plus cocktails and wine - all very good. Lincoln has been a wonderful place to eat for the five years we have been coming; we will be back!Special Features:
- Great find on Wiliams AveaaronfldrDined on 10/18/2014Lincoln combines a relaxed atmosphere with creative cooking and great ingredien...the small plates are varied and in some cases daring, the entrees are great as are the desserts This restaurant deserves a visit by you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLocalFavDined on 10/11/2014One of our favorite restaurants! You can pick out anything on their ever changing menu and its always excellent. Was pleasantly surprised when the owner poured me a bit more of a lovely pinor noir they had so I could enjoy some wine with my dessert- very thoughtful and generous of them! Thank you :)Special Features:
- Food to PerfectionTerriKDined on 10/1/2014The delicate details and unique ingredients that go into the food here are a labor of love and skill. The menu says it all with each item a culinary experience. The flavors were divine in all courses we tried. Lincoln is excellent. Worth our trip from San Francisco to try it out!Special Features:
- No Decaf coffee?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Meal and service were good. Only issue was that there was no decaf coffee in the house as apparently someone forgot to order it in.
- JerryuinpdxDined on 9/26/2014inventive and always-changing menu. Absolutely delicious food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How UniqueIdahoDined on 9/25/2014Casual or formal what a great spot . Awesome, unique choices, lamb and albacore were amazing!Special Features:
- Lovely LincolnchairqueenDined on 9/24/2014Fabulous Food, lovely place! I brought friends from Alaska here, and they loved it!Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great neighborhood spot! Great drinks, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuruhariGuruhariDined on 9/20/2014Jenn Louis and crew will not let you down. The creativity and innovation in food are commendable. And it's not overly pretentious which is what I really like. Set back in an authentic Portland neighborhood you can just sit and enjoy some very tasty foods with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been coming since they openedThreeinarowDined on 9/9/2014Lincoln just gets better and better as Jenn continues to innovate with her superb, often changing menus. It just gets more and more delicious. Who knew lamb neck could be so tasty?--Jenn I'd say! What doesn't change is the superb service, the friendly, comfortable ambiance, and the overall dining experience. In Portland's ocean of great dining options Lincoln continues to stand out. If you're looking for great food, attentive but not intrusive service you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-timerseaysideVIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I were in Portland visiting our daughter and her family. We selected the Lincoln for a dinner to celebrate the promotion of her husband. Our dining experience was everything we hoped for. We shared several small plates and several large plates... trying a wide variety of items. Our server timed delivery of our selections perfectly! Everything was superb, but the favorite dish was the oven roasted chicken. We'll be back when we return to Portland next year.Special Features:
- Alaskans visiting for a honeymoon.AlaskanabroadDined on 8/28/2014We had lamb tartare, beef tongue, ribeye, and sheep cheese desser plate. Everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in our Portland tripOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014We are from NYC visiting my daughter who lives in No Portland. We are foodies and have been going to great local restaurants and making amazing meals from the farmer's market and my daughter's garden. But the meal that stands out is the one we had at Lincoln, fresh, inventive, and delicious.Special Features:
- Great for out-of-town guestscatinpdxDined on 8/22/2014We don't get to Lincoln as often as we'd like, but we make it a point to take out-of-town guests there, if those folks care about good food and a fresh Oregon/Portland vibe. The wait staff is always very congenial but never too intrusive, the food is always delicious -- usually quite unusual and surprising too. On our latest visit we had to ask for the definitions of several items, and when we tried them we were delighted. We've also given gift certificates to friends, for special occasions. Lincoln is a special place -- you should go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!inthebizDined on 8/12/2014We love Lincoln. The warm hospitality is a wonderful counterpoint to the indifferent norm that is Portland restaurant service these days. The food is always interesting and delicious. Jenn Louis is a great host and regularly visits the dining room to say hello and check on guests. This is extremely rare these days and makes for a great experience. As guests, we always feel appreciated and well-taken care of. Thank you Jenn, David and staff.Special Features:
- Consistently fantasticgourmandrewVIPDined on 8/5/2014If I'm not mistaken, the owner/chef of this restaurant was lauded several years back as "new, exciting, James Beard" type stuff. Well I think the same things still apply. This restaurant is absolutely fantastic. Creative, delicious food that is not precious or painstakingly difficult to absorb with fancy ingredients or over-the-top presentation. Likewise the interior is understated and easy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014the food was excellent as was the service, the chef did a great job on all dishes!!! would recommend to all my food friendsSpecial Features:
- The following 309 reviews are from the Lincoln Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good but not greatMistyrain1Dined on 7/26/2014I heard so much about Lincoln but didn't get a chance to dine there until last week. Portland has so many great restaurants I think this one fell into the ok category for me. We had one of the two most expensive meals on the menu; lamb neck and albacore. They were well prepared, but nothing that will stand out in my mind (or taste buds). I would like to go back and try other meals on the menu. May be order small plates. I want to give it another try, but for now it was just good.Special Features:
- Great Find in North PortlandStellaDined on 7/19/2014The staff was very welcoming, the food was beautifully prepared and inventive, the bartender created great drinks. I would recommend v. highly for a wonderful and romantic night out.Special Features:
- Lincoln Never DisappointsJamesDined on 7/19/2014Our party of four had an excellent dinner on Saturday night. The special salmon tartare was a hit. We ordered pasta, lamb, chicken, and liked it all. Their unique take on onion rings are delicious and addictive. The blueberry, frangipane tart was a revelation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pdxdinerDined on 7/15/2014Great experience. Food outstanding and service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richard G.roadyrichDined on 7/3/2014Lincoln is a gem. The food was exceptional as was the service. It is a treat for me when you are greeted by the owner. This was my first time there, and we brought some friends that were visiting us from Oakland, CA. They are foodies like us and loved every dish we had. Lincoln will stay on our short list of restaurants to come back to. Thanks for a wonderful evening!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBadBearDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed all aspects of our dinner, especially a visit to our table by the head chef and owner (a fantastic person).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Selection of EntreesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Had not been before and was very pleased with our food and great service. Used Passport card to save $20 on our $150 bill. Thanks for a nice meal Lincoln.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting MenubgwagsVIPDined on 6/21/2014We went to Lincoln because it was highly recommended by our foodie friends. We had an enjoyable dining experience. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- HmmmmRYZ2UVIPDined on 6/20/2014Slow service. Appetizers came out at different times. Fried vegetable appetizers were so salty you could barely eat them. Flatbread was great. Pasta undercooked. Chicken was great. When I asked about the CDP's the waiter didn't know and suggested the bartender assist us. If you're pushing wine at $70 or more per bottle, get some basic knowledge on your menu. I used an app on my phone and picked a decent bottle. All in all with all the new highly rated restaurants in the Portland food scene, there's no reason for us to go back. We've enjoyed it in the past but it was just "off" and for the price, "off" doesn't work.
- Great For Business DinnerHungryguypdxDined on 6/19/2014Took out-of-town client to Lincoln for dinner. Great food; terrific service! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealviet616Dined on 6/14/2014Very much appreciated the way familiar flavors were prepared in different ways. Delicious! Add great service and drinks on top and it was a memorable celebratory meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious celebration dinnerhmmmDined on 6/13/2014interesting and delicious food and moderately priced for such a fine meal.Special Features:
- deliciousjazzDined on 6/10/2014i began with a pilsner beer, my partner shared an italian white with a friend, and another friend had an ameretto sour. we shared the romaine salad, and i had the shrimp pasta, while my partner had the salmon pasta with black rice. the food was incredible. our friends had the lamb and pork dishes, plus starters of onion rings, and the foie gras parfait, rabbit liver mousse, pig ear, cured duck breast and guanciale. 3 of us had the hot fudge sundae, and one had the burnt strawberry dessert. amy was our server and she was amazing. very funny and efficient. due to the restaurant offering foie gras, 2 of us won't be returning. this is a rule we live by, otherwise it was great.Special Features:
- Not goodMehpdxVIPDined on 6/10/2014Wow this place has gone downhill. How is this place/chef Jen even affiliated with mainstream culinary media is beyond me. First of all, the service was slow and unfriendly even though there was hardly anyone there. Have you ever heard of Zuni cafe in san francisico ? The 47% chicken dish completely tries (and fails) to copy it. Roast chicken, shoestring potatoes and greens. The greens had zero dressing, the fries were completely Overfried and the chicken was well browned in some spots but gelatinous and nasty in others. The coffee was worse than diner coffee. I hate to be this harsh but for $100+ you gotta do better than that.
- Perfect evening!BaileyDined on 6/6/2014Arrived a bit late but was seated right away and greeted as if we came every week. Service was friendly and all our questions were answered regarding food. Osso Bucco amazing as was our entire dining experience. Will make Lincoln our new #1 choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.