Lincoln Park Wine Bar
198 Sir Francis Drake Blvd
San Anselmo, CA 94960Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lincoln Park Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lincolnparkwine.com/
- Phone: 4154539898x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Simmons
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Lincoln Park Wine Bar
Lincoln Park strongly believes in utilizing the most local resources possible and supports that by how we source the food and choose the wines (& beers). Our ‘Farm to Table’ and ‘Grape to Glass’ philosophy lets patrons know how far their food and drink has traveled in order to reach them. Chef Simmons serves ‘medium plates’...some of which are seasonally inspired by backyard organic produce that local residents can bring in for trade. Many of the wines are crafted by Marin locals and Lincoln Park features these ‘wines with stories’ by having the wine maker come in to tell them.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lincoln Park Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (9)romantic (6)special occasion (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great First VIsitNaturalHorsemanVIPDined on 6/23/2014It was our first visit. Like the atmosphere, great service from Kiersten. I liked the wine strategy of taste (3oz), glass (6oz), half bottle, and bottle prices. I started with pan-roasted padrone peppers with a nice crisp Alborino, a LIttle Gem salad with a glass of chardonnay, a waygu slider with a glass of Primitivo (surprisingly fruit forward, very nice!), and a zinfandel with two cheeses. Totally exceeded my expectations. I'll have to return.
- San Anselmo FindsanrafaelfoodieDined on 6/22/2014Lincoln Park is a tiny jewel of a wine bar and restaurant, tucked away on Sir Francis Drake Blvd, near the Hub. You might miss it if you weren't looking. But do go on that treasure hunt and you will be rewarded with creative seasonal fare and beautiful wine pairings. Small plates predominate the menu, which offer the luxury of trying many items. We were not disappointed!! We have returned several times and have gotten to know the wait staff. It's a friendly place and where they want to get to know their guests. No arrogance here, just a lovely time out!Special Features:
- I loved this spotLWT1VIPDined on 6/20/2014the food was amazing....small plates all very creative....and fantastic....Wine list was great....Special Features:
- foodSuziDined on 6/15/2014We came for the first time, my friend had been there before. We ordered several dishes off the menu. The waitress came back and said that the salad was unavailable. We ordered strawberry short cake she brought us peach shortcake. The shortcake was hard. The dishes were very small for the price, and just ok. I don't think we will return as we were all in agreement.
- Great Friday night spotJJinMarinVIPDined on 6/13/2014We ate here before going to the theater on Friday -- very relaxed and yummy meal. We had the watermelon and calamari salad -- a must have when watermelon is in season -- and the cheese plate with two local artisan cheeses. Our waitress was engaging and very helpful -- giving us interesting details about the cheeses and the cheese producers; our food was served promptly and we had a chance to talk -- and hear each other. The menu is small, but we love the small plates and the always interesting pairing of ingredients to produce such delightful dishes.Special Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the Lincoln Park Wine Bar reviews archive.
- wonderful experiencearnovisionVIPDined on 5/30/2014laid back, all local ingredients, interesting preparations, combinations - total foodie place. the chef owner is very experienced, creative and his output is artistic comfort food. our party of three shared 6 dishes and they all went back to the kitchen without a speck/drop of food left on them. the bottle of charbono wine we shared also left the table empty - with three happy customers wishing for more. will definitely go back and encourage friends to check it out. this is a gem...Special Features:
- Wonderful Concept & ExecutionMVFanVIPDined on 5/20/2014Have wined & dined here twice, late night. The menu, while small (it is a wine bar after all), is eclectic and well thought out with excellent flavors/textures, clearly the wine/food pairing is a major focus. Nice to try some new labels/winemakers. All in all a very fine, enjoyable experience. Shannon was our server both times, could not have welcomed us more--very genuine, clearly connects with the restaurant's concept and made great suggestions. Kind of felt like we were at a friend's house.Special Features:
- Neighborhood JewelOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014Steve Simmons knows how to prepare delicious food- bright flavors, interesting combinations with texture and beautiful presentation. Great wines and a very cool decor make this spot a real treasure. San Anselmo is lucky to have this veteran chef in its back yard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very civilzedOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/8/2014one of my regular spots for meeting a friend, having a glass or two of good wine and a light dinner. this week I had the brandade and it was delicious, along with a carafe of their house chardonnay. I like that they serve by the carafe, which is an 8-oz pour. Perfect amount for an early dinner, when one glass isn't quite enough and two is too many (and three is just right, with apologies to Dorothy Parker).Special Features:
- congenial service, innovative foodsKareAndersonDined on 4/26/2014and great wine list... we will return... stumbled upon it via a friend... were there at 6:30pm on Saturday, lovely time pre-Ross Valley play....very attentive, not intrusive service... will venture up from Sausalito again for the experienceSpecial Features:
- won't return anytime soonOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/2/2014wow...what a disaster. our poor waitress was in over her head. she was the only one working the floor, (filling in for another person and therefore unfamilar with the menu) and way too busy. our order was not taken after being there for an hour. we were starving and needed food before we could continue drinking wine so we left the wine and went to another restaurant. they were out of many of the menu items already and we figured by the time we got to place our order there wouldn't be anything left anyway. Oh well.....hopefully a fluke of a night.
- Likably GreatOutwest100Dined on 3/22/2014So they were kind and friendly so it was easy to over look the challenges. The food was excellent and after they have some time to settle down it could down right amazing. Amazing is hard so I have no problem with just very good. Guess we will just have to keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and wine selectionLadillachinaDined on 3/20/2014Must try the Brussels sprouts. It is a great place sit and have conversation around small dishes best if shared. What I liked was their wine list is made of wines not commonly found. Owners of Lincoln Park out a lot of thought into the wine selection. I would recommend to anyone looking for something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOCAL GEMJonny7VIPDined on 3/17/2014We go here often and ALWAYS enjoy it. Friends who come with us are always very impressed. Very creative and delicious, with friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The brussel sprouts are toDipsea99VIPDined on 3/5/2014The brussel sprouts are to die for as is the wagyu slider. We also enjoyed the broccoli salad and the wines by the glass that we ordered with the help of our server paired nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food & wineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014I had been hearing great things about Lincoln Park since it opened but only just was able to get there. Even with high expectations I was more than pleasantly surprised. We had MH bread with a delicous spiced honey butter, charred broccoli, and the sliders everything was fabulous. I had been told the sliders were excellent and the lived up to the hype. The wine recommendation perfectly complimented the meal. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful little spotLikesItCoursedDined on 2/21/2014Lots to love about this place: The food was very good -- my favorite was a leek dish that I continue to think about! The wines were excellent, diverse, and reasonably priced The service was friendly and attentive, The space was just the right kind of cozy with good lighting and decor. A few things they could work on: The desserts were not good and an unfortunate finish to the meal. The tables were a little on the small side considering that we ordered lots of small plates that often arrived close together. The music needed to be a bit louder and the lighting a bit lower. Honestly, though, aside from the desserts, I'm really just nitpicking. The evening was lovely and fun! Thanks for having us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Lincoln ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/21/2014Unique, fresh, locally sourced food. Small plates and big. Really a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An overall great experienceVisitorDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I are fairly critical diners. I used to be a waitress we both are creative cooks and he has a sophisticated wine palate and really knows his wines. We both really enjoyed our evening at Lincoln park. The wine was fabulous and the wait staff were really conscientious. We were a bit disappointed with the menu that night because there weren't enough hot dishes BUT, when I mentioned our disappointment that one the few hot dishes were already out, they really made it up to us over and beyond what I thought was necessary. A great time at a great place. Thanks to all.Special Features:
- Neighborhood SpecialLocalVIPDined on 2/4/2014Go early for happy hour. 5-6. Parking easier in lot next to restaurant. Charred Brussel sprouts, short ribs and chocolate pudding is a perfect meal. Attentive staff in casual setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Gourmet Healthy FoodqualityfoodloverVIPDined on 1/31/2014Food is really exceptional, delicious and different than the standard fare in other venues. And you feel good after the meal as the quality of the ingredients are healthy and high quality. Small menu but that forced us to try items we never would have and glad we discovered them. We really enjoyed our meal. Good Champagne by the glass and excellent service. Loved the small plates to share so we could try many different items. Do not miss the brussel sprouts in wine reduction, or the pork cheeks with butter beans. We'll be returning soon to try the fish. If you love beautifully prepared food and don't mind paying a bit for it, try this place, it's a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and CozyFarm2ForkFabVIPDined on 12/31/2013The food here is delicious and the wine selections are terrific. Although the space is nicely appointed its a bit too cozy read: cramped. It would be a huge improvement to increase the table size for those eating. The food is inventive and well prepared. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Definitely a go to local spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavors. Hip and romantic.DJ77Dined on 12/31/2013Lots of great flavors and food options served as tapas style. The small portions (even for their larger more pricey plates) left us wanting more but the prices made us think again. Pretty expensive for what you get but if you are having a special night and not on a budget, this is a nice little spot. Service was great and ambiance was romantic yet hip. Wine selection was good and prices were reasonable if you are looking to share a bottle, which I would recommend rather than buying pours, which can add up.Special Features:
- Do not missLocalVIPDined on 12/21/2013Our first time and we WILL go back. Small table by the window. Most of the dining room is banquet seating. Nice bar area in other room. Wagu slider to split. Small but enough. Pickled veggies on it were great. Feasted on line caught cod in a broth that was spectacular, with baby vegetables. Incredibly fresh and delicious. Wine was expensive. 18 for 8 oz pour. Nice wine list. Chocolate pudding for dessert. Creamy. Parking in lot right before the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gemVlarsonDined on 12/6/2013The food was beautifully displayed and exquisite -- a wonderful use of local and organic foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening outStapleDined on 11/11/2013First time experience at Lincoln Park. I will be back with adult friends soon. Food is somewhat kid friendly. Homemade catsup is good but not a hit on the slider for the kids. Very warm friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was unprofessionallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/23/2013Food was unprofessionally prepared and misrepresented as to the contents of the dishes.
- Excellent dinner and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/7/2013I visted the restaurant when it first opened, and it didn't wow me. On my return, it did. Food was creative, fresh and delicious. Service was warm and friendly. I look forward to returning back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My date was late for our reservatioGlaurieousDined on 9/7/2013My date was late for our reservation. the hostess kindly held our table. The staff is friendly and it was crowded, so it took a bit of time to order food. Thankfully, the wine came quickly. After an incorrect order was brought to our table, our server apologized and quickly corrected the error. Which makes me wonder what took so long for the initial order to come... Anyway, great companionship, good wine, good salad, and a cozy, open dining area made for a nice night. Would definitely return to try out their cheesees.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, adventurous winesDipsea99VIPDined on 9/3/2013We found the food to be superb and the wine selections by the glass and bottle were varied and interesting. The crispy Brussels sprouts were tasty, the wage beef slider was delicious. And the salmon was prepared wonderfully. The food was exceptional, but on this weekday evening, the wine bar was almost empty while the two Mexican restaurants on the same block next door were packed and energetic. Something's wrong here. But the food was high quality, and if this format appeals to you, check it out soon. We will be back and hope to find more people enjoying the fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Lovely Lincoln ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2013I wish the staff at every restaurant I visit worked with the same level of professionalism as the staff at Lincoln Park. Every one there is simply lovely - engaging, not too stuffy, attentive to our needs yet respectful of our privacy. They really are amazing. Our party of 4 felt completely taken care of. And the food is just incredible - always enticing us to order more or try just one more thing. The decor is stylish yet comfortable. A great experience all around. This was our 2nd visit and there will be more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find, recommended byHungryjoeDined on 7/27/2013Great find, recommended by a friend. Quick service and food was excellent. Wine too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm friendly staff in a localstoneguyDined on 7/26/2013Warm friendly staff in a local hotspot. Great wine and small plates. Calamari and Watermelon, yeah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/24/2013Lincoln park is a real find. The food was unique yet fabulous. The service was perfect for three generations of our party, which says a lot. Go check it out.Special Features:
- win some, lose somesteakloverVIPDined on 7/13/2013We had not tried Lincoln Park so decided to give it a try. We found the food menu to have limited choices, especially in the entree and dessert departments. We did like the ability to have a flight of wines so we could try various wines. My wife really enjoyed the soup and I liked the buttermilk chicken drummettes even though they were much too hot (temp) when served. I had the fried whole rock cod, which was tasry, but lacking any kind of sauce, even though is was listed as having a chimichurri sauce. Also, we found it unusual to have to pay $4 for a order of a few slices of bread. The dining room was small and the chairs were not very comfortable. I doubt we'll be going back unless we just want to have some wine.Special Features:
- LINCOLN PARK - A NEIGHBORHOOD GEMsanrafaelfoodieDined on 6/16/2013Incredible food in the latest restaurant by Stephen Simmons... a true master at healthy and hearty food! The menu is diverse -- the specials always new and exciting. The ambiance is engaging, the service is delightful and friendly and the whole experience is exceptional for a local, neighborhood gem in San Anselmo. It is part of our family's "regular" spots now and forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine+dinnermarinfoodie2Dined on 6/15/2013I went to Lincoln Park with a friend (a professional foodie) for dinner not knowing what to expect. Large wine selection, with a limited menu - which didn't matter at all since everything we ordered was excellent. Very reasonably priced for the food quality. We ended up ordering an appetizer (caramelized brussel sprouts) that was large enough for us both to share. I went for a basic slider with chopped salad while my friend tried the Sea Bass special. Everything was delicious - including our coconut mousse dessert. Great prices for delicious food - we'll be back!Special Features:
- Nice little neighborhood gem.....mscrabtreeDined on 5/25/2013Went to Lincoln Park Wine Bar Saturday night for the 2nd time. Although it's noisy, the food is excellent and the menu is constantly changing according to what is available locally. Both times I've eaten here, I've ordered the fish dish which was fresh and well prepared. They have lots of small plates to choose from. Service is friendly! They allow you a 4 ounce glass of wine or an 8 ounce which comes in a small decanter. Really a nice choice to have. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- How long can it survive?DisappointedVIPDined on 5/17/2013Great wine selection. Needs to work on the limited food menu. If you have dietary needs do not even bother going. Everything down to the fried Brussels sprouts had sugar or honey. Also, the duck was overlooked and dry with a very sweet cabbage relish. The fried chicken was good, not the best, was served with honey and applesauce and two soggy waffles. This is not a place for kids. The place is super loud and the tables are too small. The only good thing is the wine list.Special Features: