13 Eagle Street
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.limonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8282522327
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Hugo Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Limones Restaurant
Around the corner from the Fine Arts Theater in downtown Asheville, Limones Restaurant provides an inspirational mix of Mexican and Californian cuisine along with inventive bar selections served by a warm, professional staff. Long before working and training under some of San Francisco’s most talented chefs, Hugo Ramirez was raised on the intense and varied flavors native to his hometown of Mexico City. In fact, he still calls on his mother for the secrets of traditional Mexican dishes, which he reinvents in innovative and surprising ways. At Limones, Hugo’s love of Mexican food is combined with his training in french-influenced California cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Limones Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Limones Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
386 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (305)special occasion (207)neighborhood gem (187)romantic (124)hot spot (95)notable wine list (43)great for brunch (42)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (25)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- wonderful food, but low on spaceklp0723Dined on 8/31/2014Outstanding food, service and atmosphere. If you are looking to get a drink before dinner and the bar is full, you might be out of luck though. Other than that this is a definite must for excellent Latin inspired fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Cath198Dined on 8/30/2014Food was the best Mexican we have ever had. The drinks were amazing and the desserts was outstanding.Special Features:
- Always wanted to try this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Glad that we reserved ahead of our trip to Asheville at this always busy restaurant and It was Friday and Labor Day weekend. The tequila drinks are outstanding & the Knowledgable and cheerful wait staff add to the upbeat feel of this cozy restaurant. The menu changes weekly and it shows in the freshness of the ingredients and the current season's produce.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Asheville's bestLakegirlDined on 8/28/2014Outstanding food and atmosphere! The ceviche sampler was delicious, the salad so fresh and flavorful, and the sea bass will definitely be one of my all time favorite entrees. The blood orange margarita was worth the high price, and there is a nice selection of wines and beer. Only problem...not enough room to try more of these very creative dishes. I guess my husband and I will have to come back to Asheville very soon.Special Features:
- OutstandingycarneyDined on 8/28/2014Truly a fabulous restaurant. Must haves: Margarita Caliente, if you like spicy, this is the drink for you. The lobster nachos are out of this world, the scallops, the best ever, the ceviche, excellent, and our waiter Brad is a gem. Professional, efficient, attentive, a pleasure. Love this place.Special Features:
- An excellent experience.Ontheway2LyleDined on 8/28/2014We were very impressed with the unexpected and delicious use of cucumber in our mixed drink. The beet salad was exceptional as was the chili relanos appetizers. The waitress was very helpful with our entree selections and the mixed seafood stew was excelelnt. The chocolate tort for dessert overshadowed it all - light and uber addictive - which says a lot from a "savory not sweet" person.Special Features:
- Limones for a preconcert dinner42JagsDined on 8/28/2014A creative and eye-pleasing riff on Latin-themed food in a cozy atmosphere with knowledgeable and attentive service. A clear winner in a town filled with great choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asheville Gem!BabsRNVIPDined on 8/27/2014I have never written a restaurant review, nor do I think I am a good writer. But, I had to write about our recent experience dining at Limones on our recent visit to Asheville with our family. Everything was perfect from the hospitality of the hostess and all the staff, to the extensive margarita/specialty drink menu, to the utterly amazing meal we enjoyed. There is not a children's menu, but the waiter did accomodate our picky eater and everyone was happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails!KLaneDined on 8/27/2014We chose Limones for our one night in Asheville due to its great foodie reputation, and it did not disappoint. We started with the lobster nachos, which are absolutely incredible! The tequila lime beef tacos are really lovely, but nothing could top the nachos. We tried a few of the margaritas and they're all fantastic (some of the best I've ever had). The restaurant is noisy, but it has a great vibe and is a real gem in Asheville. Service was excellent and I think the prices are fair for the quality of food.Special Features:
- gazelleDined on 8/27/2014Good service--very good food, and centrally located in Asheville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun menu, tasty foodKmhydeparkDined on 8/27/2014And very good traditional margaritas. We were delighted to have our first dinner at Limones on our last night of our first visit to Asheville. Hoping to return before long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fare!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014You will not be disappointed--one of the best dining establishments in Asheville NC. Best Margarita (I ordered the traditional one) superb! Husband said the duck was the best he has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EyeofamyDined on 8/26/2014Excellent food,cooked perfectly made for a wonderful birthday celebration ! Attentive service added to our wonderful evening. A job well done!! We enjoyed the scallop appetizer, the sea bass and the grilled shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDesertdanDined on 8/23/2014We read the great reviews and recommendations and couldn't wait to try it out. We opted to try their signature dishes- the LobsterNachos and their Taco entree. Still looking for the lobster and the tacos had little taste, all that we could taste was the cabbage. Even the guacamole disappointed. Should have gone with the Sea Bass.
- Innovative MexicanDeniseDined on 8/23/2014Ate here for third time on Saturday. Had lamb shank nachos which were great. Hubby had chili relleno, which I have had in the past. Never disappoints. I had shrimp chimichurra which was shrimp on top of pearl cous cous and topped with tasty sauce and mango. It was creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FindvsgtravelingDined on 8/23/2014I booked a reservation based upon the reviews online. My husband and I were not disappointed. The food was delicious, the presentation appealing and the service was excellent. Brad was our server. He was informative and friendly. The meal was served at a nice pace and we were not hurried. We shared the Tuna Cerviche - Excellent!!. My husband, had the Tuna as a main course and I had the lamb shank burrito. both - wonderful. Finally - Brad recommend a Margerita from their extensive list and it was uniquely good. I just can't say enough good things about our meal. When in Asheville again, we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumFoooooodDined on 8/23/2014Duck quesadilla was delicious. I usually don't like margaritas but the one I got was delicious. They do it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We eat here every time we come to Asheville. We even make detours to come to Asheville to eat here. Its that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but certainly not great!Fal44Dined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent but service was a little Slow and the portions are small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our "go-to" on date night!FoodsnobVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great food, attentive service, vibrant scene and an awesome " margarita Caliente!" Must make reservations a week or so in advance or take a risk and see if there are any bar seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/22/2014We have always enjoyed the meals we had there but this time it was excellent. Emily was great. We had a problem with a drink but she took care of it with no problem. It was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kathleenVIPDined on 8/22/2014creative twist to Southwest food. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Asheville TripusetobeVIPDined on 8/21/2014While we've been to Asheville numerous times, this was our first visit to Limones, and hopefully it will not be our last. The food was great and the service excellent. I will certainly tell our friends to check out Limones if their travel plans find them in Asheville......Special Features:
- Another great mealJEB2778Dined on 8/21/2014Limones never fails to provide a wonderful, interesting meal. When guests visit me in Asheville I always try to take them here and they are invariably impressed, as my visitor from London was last night. (His only criticism was for the weak coffee, which another friend mentioned once before - odd, in a restaurant of such high quality.) Joaquin's service was excellent and the meal was outstanding. Thanks, Limones!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food~OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2014Really enjoyed the ambiance and the wonderful variety of food.Special Features:
- great meal with friendspmwkDined on 8/21/2014We have been to Limones several times, but not in a couple of years. The food and the service was excellent, just as we remembered it. We are going to try and go there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time in Ashevillecsd820Dined on 8/20/2014A wonderful choice for our anniversary dinner! Thank you!Special Features:
- JMCJamesDined on 8/20/2014I go to Limones often its on of my top restaurants in this foodie town The menu changes to provide new surprises. Don't miss the chili rellenos or the ginger mint margarita!! Service is always stellar. Don't miss this place. If you are a party of two the front 2 tables in the windows are intimate, like eating a cozy corner, wonderful.Special Features:
- ShooterDined on 8/19/2014Excellent Ceviche and the meals are done very well in presentation.Special Features:
- Always Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Time after time..Limones chefs have outdone themselves on the quality/taste and presentation of the food.You simply can't go wrong on anything you order..Must have is a Ceviche sampler!..Chili Relleno...Lobster Nachos..We usually stay with small plates so we can experience every morsel of flavor...The Scallops are perfection on a plate!...We will always make that our to go restaurant for any occasion..Please make reservations in advance!They honor them and you will not ever be dissapointed.Special Features:
- An outstanding experiencectspDined on 8/18/2014If you are looking for a modern take on some Mexican classics, friendly and prompt service and a delightful food experience, this place hits all those marks. We had such an enjoyable food experience we plan to return whenever we are in town, and can get a reservation. It is no mystery why all the tables were full!Special Features:
- Great evening at Limones.BoophillDined on 8/17/2014This was our second trip to Limones. Excellent upscale Mexican food. Nice list of tequilas. We will definitely be back our next trip to Asheville.Special Features:
- So Many FlavorsNYFoodiesDined on 8/17/2014Limone's was a highlight to our visit to Asheville. The varied menu was chock full of delicious choices. We were a party of four and shared/tasted each other's dishes. What made the food a standout was that each one had so many different flavors and tastes within the dish. The Chimmichuri shrimp was outstanding! I am not a big fan of pesto which was one of the ingredients, but the waitress assured me the taste was not overwhelming. And she was correct-- it was really delicious. The Artichoke Ravioli and Lamb Nachos equally so. Be sure to have one of their margaritas if you go! Tough to please four NY foodies but Limone's well exceeded expectations.Special Features:
- An Affair of the HeartkathystormDined on 8/16/2014Limones is a true "Love Affair from the Heart" ...everything's simply the best....always five star dinning! Thank you for being in Asheville!Special Features:
- First TimersTheSilverHawkDined on 8/16/2014This was our first time here and Limones lived up to the high recommendation we heard. We had the table "in the window" and loved it, getting both a view of the street and also the restaurant activities. The food was excellent and we will be recommending it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in AshevilleLetseatVIPDined on 8/16/2014Never a disappointment. Great service and fabulous, innovative foodSpecial Features:
- Fresh Sea Bass like Costa Rica! YumDining4funVIPDined on 8/15/2014Had early reservations for 2 on Friday night. Seated promptly and server came immediately! Has the specialty margarita with habanero and it was delicious! Ordered the snapper ceviche and it was plentiful and tasty! My husband and I ordered the sea bass and it was delicious to the last bite! It melted in your mouth! Finished with tres leches cake which was my husbands favorite! Moist and Light! Loved the whole dining experience. Cute location on a little street off a Main Street downtown. Convenient parking garage just steps away! Loves the experience. Will come again when we visit Asheville. You Will need. Reservation. The restaurant filled up early and walk ins has to wait for open seats at very small bar. Make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014Our second visit was as good as the first- prices reasonable- choices variedI would recommend this to a friend.
- IncrediblejudithDined on 8/14/2014When in Asheville, which is often, we will be going back. Everything, from the eclectic decor, to the complimentary finish of the chocolate truffles, was outstanding. Wait staff very knowledgeable about the menu and the preparation of the dishes. I have no criticisms at all.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every wayycarneyDined on 8/14/2014I found this place a week ago and have been here twice. The Margarita Caliente is fabulous. The appetizers, like the lobster and the traditional ceviche are beyond delicious. For dinner, the scallops were the best I've ever had. The bread pudding is wonderful. This place is a must for anyone who appreciates quality food at reasonable prices. This place is in my top 5 meals of all time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.