13 Eagle Street
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.limonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (828) 252-2327
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Hugo Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Limones Restaurant
Around the corner from the Fine Arts Theater in downtown Asheville, Limones Restaurant provides an inspirational mix of Mexican and Californian cuisine along with inventive bar selections served by a warm, professional staff. Long before working and training under some of San Francisco’s most talented chefs, Hugo Ramirez was raised on the intense and varied flavors native to his hometown of Mexico City. In fact, he still calls on his mother for the secrets of traditional Mexican dishes, which he reinvents in innovative and surprising ways. At Limones, Hugo’s love of Mexican food is combined with his training in french-influenced California cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Limones Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Limones Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
403 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (336)neighborhood gem (209)special occasion (205)romantic (120)hot spot (114)good for groups (56)great for brunch (53)notable wine list (52)vibrant bar scene (35)late-night find (31)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Everyone recommendedAndyCDined on 11/21/2014I asked around for my wife's birthday dinner and everyone I asked came back with the same answer Lemonis. I quickly saw why...an ever-changing menu presented from people who really want you to have a wonderful meal and experience. Great drinks too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014This hot spot is always booked so be sure to make advance reservation. It has every reason to be since the food, atmosphere, and experience is always top of their game. everything is creative and daily specials are encouraged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Limones reminds me of a new Orleans restaurant...vibrant, fun, warm, friendly, great service, wonderful food and wine....Only would like more vegetarian options...I will return, though, even if no more options appear on the menu...Thanks to Emily, our server, to the lovely hostess who kept our table open an extra 30 minutes, and to the chefs....what a Gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food -- We've never been disappointedCathyDined on 11/18/2014My husband and I have eaten at Limones many times, taken guests there, and have recommended it to others looking for a special dining experience. The menu changes regularly although a few favorites are always there (Lobster Nachos and Ceviche!). We've never been disappointed and our friends/family who we've introduced to the restaurant have raved also. The former barbershop setting is quaint with its pressed tin ceiling and brick walls, Evening dining is a bit dark and romantic (but not too dark to read the menu). Our servers have always been wonderful -- well-informed about their offerings as well as pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/17/2014We were very impressed by the selection of innovative dishes. Much more interesting than an ordinary Mexican restaurant. We would highly recommend Limones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Asheville restaurant.RainDined on 11/17/2014We often take out of town visitors to Limones. The food and service is always excellent and the menu is innovative and changes often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014The food was incredible! Our server was very helpful and entertaining. The entire experience was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!KDAtlDined on 11/14/2014We went for a romantic dinner and were so impressed we went back for brunch a couple days later. The ceviche is a must...I don't think you can go wrong with what you decide on. Everything was amazing and had a complex, delectable flavor profile. The homemade Mexican chocolate truffle with the check really put it over the top!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and service!!SamanthasueDined on 11/13/2014The lobster nachos are a must! Endive and arugula salad was crisp, light and refreshing. Ravioli and mahi dishes were full of flavor and we both ended up taking leftovers home. The tres leches cake was moist and delicious. Our new favorite Asheville restsurant!! We've heard great things about Sunday brunch and looking forward to trying it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!!artloverDined on 11/12/2014Limones is always remarkable for an evening of exciting food adventures, served with grace as well as friendly, joyful help from our server. I love to discover another Tequila that I haven't tried yet. Certainly the largest selection I have ever seen! Limones is always the first place to bring my out-of-town guests. And the relaxed atmosphere creates a warm and comfortable space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulgconwayDined on 11/10/2014The food was fabulous! We were on our honeymoon, and it was a perfect end to our trip to Asheville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal. Good time.ZimmsDined on 11/10/2014We had heard lots of good things about LImones and we were not disappointed. Though we usually start with something lighter (a salad), we HAD to try the lobster nachos. They were delicious and really well seasoned. My wife went for the scallops and they brought out 4 large seared scallops on a butternut squash and Brussels sprout hash with other wonderful accompaniments ...outstanding. My tequila lime beef tacos were well marinated and tender, with lots of flavor. Our server said that many people say that they are the best beef tacos they have ever had and that's not far from the truth ...delicious. While the atmosphere is not as smooth and slick as some other places in town, the service was as good as you'd find anywhere; in a word, excellent. Our server (? Brad ?) was the perfect combination of friendly, knowledgable, attentive yet not intrusive, casual, yet professional. Great attitude ....one of the best servers we've had in a long time. Service and food quality were outstanding. That's probably why they were as busy as they were on a Monday night. If we lived locally we would be back (and often).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeborahDined on 11/10/2014The best restaurant in Asheville, food devine, service superior!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds expectationsGreatfind9Dined on 11/8/2014Colorful menu continues to excite my taste buds. The descriptions don't do justice even though some pairings may sound weird. All 3 of us ordered different dishes and we couldn't decide on a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!njoygoodfoodDined on 11/8/2014Exceptional food, outstanding service, quiet and comfortable atmosphere! Love this place. It never disappoints and is always on the "recommendation list" for friends/family visiting Asheville. Crafted cocktails and a nice wine list add to the charm.Special Features:
- DeliciosodarksabreDined on 11/7/2014Great food, perfect service. Nothing really special about the interior (at least not where we were seated) and the prices are a tad high, but it is all delicious. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Magic in downtown AshvilleProgolfer35Dined on 11/5/2014Best meal I've ever had , hands down , from start to finish . Joaquin , our server was excellent as well. This dinner made our trip to Ashville !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great service!avlmikeDined on 11/5/2014Off beaten path and why the Internet is helpful in finding top food spots. Very flavorful MexiCali food with spice, a rarity in AVL. One of the top restaurants in AVL, and we lived here 3 years before making it in. Do not miss the lobster nachos. Tween-agers loved it too. Superior service.Special Features:
- Always good!bariloverDined on 11/4/2014We visit Asheville about once a year or so, and Limones is always on our "to do" dining list. Voted one of the top restaurants in Asheville year after year, you can see why: the most inventive, up-scale Mexican menu I've ever seen, a great wine and drinks list (the margaritas will make you a fan, even if you don't care for margaritas), great ambiance, and attentive service. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- Great ServiceFreebird1VIPDined on 11/4/2014The food & Service is some of the Best in AshevilleSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014My only complain is that a couple items on the menu (especifically the two my husband and I were insterested in) were already sold out...and our reservation was at 8pm!!! Food was truly great, but nothing unique that I can't find back home in Atlanta.Special Features:
- ExcellentTheKeeperDined on 11/3/2014Other than the table across from us taking an unending amount of irritating flash-laden pictures, we had an outstanding meal, and our water glasses were never more than half empty. Great attention to detail from the staff all around. Excellent mixed drinks, especially the Margarita Caliente. My Tenderloin, while very tasty, was not quite as tender as our first trip. Still excellent, though I preferred the less mushroom laced version on my first trip. The Chile Rellano was outstanding and the BBQ Duck Confit nachos were a good-sized appetizer for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic sophisticated cal-mexOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/2/2014Housed in a funky space, the attentive staff serves exceptional fare and great drinks. The ceviche I had as an appetizer was the best I ever had. Everything was beautifully plated. Desserts were excellent. I would go back just for the ceviche.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensationally creativeLucyDined on 11/2/2014An over the top tastebud explosion. The mussel appetizer is a must have. A generous portion of mussels and chorizo served in a light broth that has a mild spicey bite on the end. Also had the lobster nachos. Amazing! Looking forward to returning asap. Love the innovative Mexican-American fusion cuisine. Next time I'm trying the cerviches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time's a CharmflorajnycDined on 11/2/2014We were visiting Asheville and tried to get into Limones a few nights while we were there but it was booked solid. It was recommended by a friend as a place to check out. Really liked the ambiance, the food was really fresh and delicious and nicely presented. Our waitress was Emily and she was really friendly and informative - I like when servers give you their opinions on what you're ordering (especially when it's a positive!). Would definitely recommend it, just make reservations first.Special Features:
- Excellent foodJacslpDined on 11/1/2014Limones came highly recommended and lived up to all expectations. Our waiter made helpful suggestions. The flight of ceviche was incredible. flavors were even better than expected. Each entrée was incredible- the scallops were cooked to perfection, the seafood stew was plentiful and delicious. Even the duck confit burrito was outstanding. Although we were bursting at the seams, we could not pass up the Tres Leche cake. It was worth every calorie. If you have no room, get it to go!! Overall an excellent night to remember. We would all try to go back on our next visit to Asheville. Be sure to make reservations.Special Features:
- Good cervicheKathyVIPDined on 11/1/2014Nice location in the heart of downtown in an historic building. Very good about honoring reservation times. However, you definitely need a reservation, especially on weekends. This restaurant is known for their cerviche, which is tasty and fresh, especially in a city 5 hours from the ocean. Other dishes (at least those we had) are good, but not special. Pricing is appropriate for what you get. The best margarita we sampled was the lime/cucumber.Special Features:
- Awesome!FoodieGirlDined on 11/1/2014It was fabulous as usual. We brought some new neighbors who have not been and they loved it too. I almost panicked though because when we got there they did not have us down on the reservation book and was so glad I printed and brought my confirmation with me. The owner came over and was wonderful and got us a table. It was slammed but she made good on reservation. Great food, great Chef, great wife as hostess and do everything person!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!Philly313VIPDined on 10/31/2014We were in Asheville over Halloween - the place was crazy. We came here for dinner and were completely wowed by the food and cocktails. The service was outstanding and the noise level should have been really loud but it wasn't. You are in the middle of a happening place and can hold a conversation easily. All of our food was outstanding but I will dream about the BBQ Duck Confit Nachos. They were incredible!!Special Features:
- Great Mexican!KathyVIPDined on 10/30/2014We began with lobster nachos which were delicious but sloppy and then had an order of the duck confit quesadillas, the shrimp and mole enchiladas, and butternut squash ravioli. Everything was excellent, full-flavored and nothing disappointed. Portions were very generous and each dish was unique and presented well. Not your typical Mexican food. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun menu, good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014You certainly won't be bored if you eat at Limones. The menu is inventive and the food and atmosphere are vibrant. Do try the specialty margaritas as well--the blood orange margarita was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2014We eat here as often as we can. The menu changes, and we are always very happy with the food. The dishes often have different flavors that blend well together. The chef is awesome! The service is impeccable. We love this place.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014Loved the margaritas and ceviche. Our entrees were top not too. Elevated Latin influenced cuisine. We were there on a Monday night and those without reservations we waiting at least 1 1/2 hours for a table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014One of our favorite restaurants in Asheville. Great service and wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatPJRaleighVIPDined on 10/25/2014Limones was recommended highly by a friend; our expectations may have been too high. The margaritas, (loved the Caliente), were delicious, but the food and the service were a mixed bag. My husband had the beef tacos and really enjoyed them, I had the duck quesadilla - odd flavor pairings with bbq sauce overwhelming the dish. Our waiter was good once he got to us but slow in getting there. Overall, an odd vibe to the place.
- freddieDined on 10/25/2014Second time we ate there on our visit to Asheville. Service was friendly and outstanding. Food was different than the usual. Enjoyed it. Look forward to next visit. Recommended by friend last year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LimonesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Limoges is our favorite lunch spot in Asheville. The waiters are very helpful and know their stuff. The food is great and so are the cocktails. The decor is really neat. Sometimes the lunch menu is limited because even after noon the focus is more on breakfast type entrees, but it is all goodSpecial Features:
- a great dinner/relaxing atmosphereestarDined on 10/23/2014Every bite was delicious. Service was great and ambiance was relaxed, low key, and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freddieDined on 10/23/2014Great, ate there twice. Service was excellent and helpful. Food was unusual and delicious. Bar scene was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- persnickityPERSNICKITYDined on 10/21/2014The restaurant is trying to deliver up interesting dishes, but needs work. Everything was fresh,but needed improved seasoning. Good imaginative cocktails that tasted good too!Special Features: